Page 116 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2876
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    I'm not sick of Light/Sound speculation, it's fun to watch personally.

    On topic, I think the Pokedex will include Pokemon with 8 new type combos (Fire/Ice for example) and maybe another Pure Flying type that isn't legendary and the first Fire/Fighting Pokemon that's not a starter I would love that though

    Edit whoopsie pies; also bring the Underground, that's why I like Sinnoh so much region wise.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 10th March 2013 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #2877
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    ^ Yeah I think 8 new dual type combinations sounds realistic, GF wouldn't want to put all their cards on the table as they could save some for a possible 7th gen. I'm sure the new region will bring a brand new area like Sinnoh Underground to ultilise the 3DS features.

  3. #2878
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    *Sigh* Evil is usually associated with Darkness, and so is Good/Pure with light, so both are still opposites. And nobody spring up Fighting. Honour isn't the opposite to Evil. An evil person can still fight honourably, no? And I was just talking type wise. It wouldn't be fair IF EVERY SINGLE BLOODY POKEMON resisted/was immune to Light and Sound.

    G'Night all, see you tommorow!

    If I don't commit suicide over CoroCoro taking 4ever!

    Good night midnight, I know what you mean I was so looking forward to something today since been the empty head that I am I thought it was the 11th.... Haha
    Well I guess I'll check in the morning tomorrow and again in the evening but I shall stay on till around 11 or so...

    Back on topic, I'd love to see an icey forest in this region with the great graphics along with other areas like jungle, under water and a paradise beach ect...


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  4. #2879
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Oh, I forgot that FRLG let you lose the first battle with your rival and still continue the story. Either way, that first battle against your rival is more or less a tutorial, it's really quite unimportant in the grand scheme of things. :\

    What I'm talking about, is having the hero character REQUIRED to lose a crucial battle at a climactic point in the story, one where the defeat is so crushing that it forces a drastic shift in the direction of the plot, inspiring the hero to reevaluate their training methods, heal the psychological wounds they've suffered, and seek out their true purpose in life. Or alternatively, fill them with a righteous fury, force them to rethink their strategies, and inspire them to redouble their training efforts, all to bring the bad guys down for good.

    This will never happen, cuz people could just trade over high level Pokemon and win that way.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  5. #2880
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default

    I think the feature to let a pokemon follow you should return. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver, it was always the first pokemon in your list no matter who it is, but for Y and X, this should be different. There should be on and off options, because not everyone will want to use this. If you choose a pokemon, Breloom for example, to follow you then it should be a Breloom following you no matter where it is in your party list. If Breloom is knocked out, no other pokemon should automatically replace it.

    I do not know if anyone will agree with this but I think when you are challenged to a battle or encounter a wild pokemon, the game should not automatically send out the pokemon at the top of your list. Battles could begin similar to what happens when you're in the safari zone looking at the back of the trainer and a screen with options such as fight, bag, run, etc.



  6. #2881
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    This will never happen, cuz people could just trade over high level Pokemon and win that way.
    unless the game is programed to crit hax your pokemon but even still I agree this will never happen

  7. #2882
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    493

    Default

    I just hope the breeding mechanics are too screwy. I mean breeding is getting out of whack now. And it wouldn't hurt to make your character customizable xD


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  8. #2883
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    I just hope the breeding mechanics are too screwy. I mean breeding is getting out of whack now. And it wouldn't hurt to make your character customizable xD
    Breeding is basically the same as it's always been, though.

  9. #2884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I agree with all your points, except storyline. Just my opinion. A majority of sales of Pokémon is due to its suitability for all ages imo. And that shouldn't be changed. And HM is actually not 'Hidden Move' its 'Hiden' move. Hiden is a Japanese word which apparently means something else, i remember having read somewhere.
    Well, atleast they could add more depth to characters, the most depth given ever was to N
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  10. #2885
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this but perhaps the X and Y stand for (as based off of what I read on IGN) male XY, Y Female Chromosones?

    So, could this generation include more gameplay about Breeding.... Male/female Pokemon stuff?

    And I always thought that those colors of the X and Y were pretty Ruby/Saphire suspicious (I'm not talking about the regions), but perhaps some resurrection of contests and or ruby/saphire mechanics or content?
    It isn't about the chromosones, it is the X and Y axis
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  11. #2886
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    It isn't about the chromosones, it is the X and Y axis
    Japanese Logo has DNA helix.


  12. #2887
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    Japanese Logo has DNA helix.
    I guess you have point, anyways Xerneas and Yveltal is red and blue
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  13. #2888
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Rotation With Ash Ketchum
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    I think the feature to let a pokemon follow you should return. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver, it was always the first pokemon in your list no matter who it is, but for Y and X, this should be different. There should be on and off options, because not everyone will want to use this. If you choose a pokemon, Breloom for example, to follow you then it should be a Breloom following you no matter where it is in your party list. If Breloom is knocked out, no other pokemon should automatically replace it.

    I do not know if anyone will agree with this but I think when you are challenged to a battle or encounter a wild pokemon, the game should not automatically send out the pokemon at the top of your list. Battles could begin similar to what happens when you're in the safari zone looking at the back of the trainer and a screen with options such as fight, bag, run, etc.
    I really like everything about your post.
    I would love to see pokemon following you around as a feature return, I felt it gave the games a sense of adventure actually walking with your pokemon. I was disappointed it wasn't implemented in black and white. Furthermore I also think you should have the choice to send out who you want from the beginning of a battle this would be AWESOME...
    KROOKODILE!!!

  14. #2889
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses Krookodile View Post
    Furthermore I also think you should have the choice to send out who you want from the beginning of a battle this would be AWESOME...
    YES!!!!

    I have wanted this since Gen 1 you would have thought you would have had this option since we have both a top and bottom screen now.

    The pokemon could come up on the bottom screen and look just like they do in the party screen and you just tap the one you want to send out!!!

  15. #2890
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses Krookodile View Post
    Furthermore I also think you should have the choice to send out who you want from the beginning of a battle this would be AWESOME...
    I would like that too but don't you think it would make the game to easy? Challenger sends out Pokemon then you can effectively choose which Pokemon to go against it without having to switch out. Unless you mean we choose before they send out a Pokemon then yes make this happen Gamefreak!


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  16. #2891
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    .Talking- Give the player the option to say more than yes or No
    I'm not so sure about this, but one thing they should change is the pointless dialogue options. Like if they ask you if you want a Pokedex and you say no, and then they think you're crazy. There's literally no point in asking the question if the game wants you to say yes anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    .Towns- I Towns the size of towns not the size of 20 houses
    .Cities- Make it the size of a city not a village
    Won't happen, that would be way too much content to include in a Pokemon game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    .. Music- Less techno stuff and more orchestrated music
    Funny thing, the trailer music sounds a lot more orchestrated than past games so this seems likely.

  17. #2892
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    They should do what they did in games like Mass Effect have Aggressive, Neutral and Friendly reponses to certain questions....won't happen but it could be nice.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  18. #2893
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    I just hope the breeding mechanics are too screwy. I mean breeding is getting out of whack now. And it wouldn't hurt to make your character customizable xD
    Um...I have no idea what your talking about? Breeding has pretty much been the same since gen2, its only gotten better, and much much MUCH more effective each generation. The only way they can mess up the breeding mechanics is by making it harder really.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  19. #2894
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Under the treestump.
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    YES!!!!

    I have wanted this since Gen 1 you would have thought you would have had this option since we have both a top and bottom screen now.

    The pokemon could come up on the bottom screen and look just like they do in the party screen and you just tap the one you want to send out!!!
    I always figured there must be some reason they haven't done this yet, seeinig as this should happen with player vs player battles aswell. But instead we get the weird select first -> second -> third -> irrelevant irrelevant irrelevant - seeing as we can change our mind on anything not sent out at the start anyway.
    I also feel if you have a match of agreed 4vs4 - like the battle subway you should be able to chose from all 6 all along but once 4 pokemon have been sent out it blocks you from chosing the fifth and sixth if others are alive and then the match ends when you have 2 pokes left. This removes the, to be frank, weird preview 6 members and predict which 4 are going to be used system we have now, and makes it a bit more realistic.

  20. #2895
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinglefruit View Post
    I always figured there must be some reason they haven't done this yet, seeinig as this should happen with player vs player battles aswell. But instead we get the weird select first -> second -> third -> irrelevant irrelevant irrelevant - seeing as we can change our mind on anything not sent out at the start anyway.
    I also feel if you have a match of agreed 4vs4 - like the battle subway you should be able to chose from all 6 all along but once 4 pokemon have been sent out it blocks you from chosing the fifth and sixth if others are alive and then the match ends when you have 2 pokes left. This removes the, to be frank, weird preview 6 members and predict which 4 are going to be used system we have now, and makes it a bit more realistic.
    In simpler terms, Gamefreak should use the gameplay formula of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    The said game is also inspired from Pokemon in terms of Gameplay
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  21. #2896
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In kanto with a pikachu
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I think/hope for new types. As it would make sense for the Y pokemon (forgot its name:P) to be sound/flying sound/dragon etc.
    And for the X pokemon (its a hard name) To be light/ground light/normal etc. well I guess we have to wait and see.
    And I think if theres a new type, sylveon would be it, like why would they make some eeveeloutions type so secret, and if it looks like a real pokemon type they've already done it for eevee, like normal and pshyic.
    I want maybe if they have to some new abilities? New moves? New items. I highly think this wont happen but I want it to happen is WALK WITH YOUR POKEMON like in HG/SS because that rocked!



  22. #2897
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I would like that too but don't you think it would make the game to easy? Challenger sends out Pokemon then you can effectively choose which Pokemon to go against it without having to switch out. Unless you mean we choose before they send out a Pokemon then yes make this happen Gamefreak!
    Maybe you could send both Pokes on both sides at the same time that way you don't know who the other side picks
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

    Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

  23. #2898
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Maybe you could send both Pokes on both sides at the same time that way you don't know who the other side picks
    This would be nice! That would finally end "double-switch" maneuvers.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  24. #2899
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In kanto with a pikachu
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Also, the player custermizer (spelling?) would be awesome! I DONT WANT ALL THIS "EVENT LEGENDARY POKEMON THIS" AND THAT, Oh wait, its only in this country, no its in this store far away from you, no you need ds wi-fi connection blah blah blah. And in pokemon black and white 1, only about 5 legendary pokemon without trade or events you can get.
    Like common, they should've let you have genosect or meliota (spelling?) like common Keldeo rocks, I missed out of getting him because stupid ds wont connect to wifi!I also want your player too, well uhh have more options to talk and not be some quiet guy who only says Yes,No or nothing (MAYBE WERE ALL RED FROM POKEMON....)
    And when someone asks you a question like what starter did you choose? Etc. and they just answer it for you when you didnt get an option, and in these games they ask a question thats useless like (do you want a pokedex? do you like pokemon? etc) as we all know the answer to that, and no matter what you say you get the same stuff as everyone else. And this tall grass, YESH. Pokemon appear to often, or they dont appear much when you need it most!!!!! and half the roads have trainers around everystep. I took less than 3 steps and a wild pokemon I just caught appeared!!!



  25. #2900
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    I'm just hoping any possible screenshots revealed in the next CoroCoro leak show a new area or a new feature. Something to speculate on and get excited about.

Page 116 of 526 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •