Page 12 of 526 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Does x and y use the stereoscopic 3d of the 3ds or is it just the normal 3d.

Hmm since the 3ds has a built in pedometer maybe they'll bring back the "take your Pokemon on a walk" feature that was in HG/SS?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Does x and y use the stereoscopic 3d of the 3ds or is it just the normal 3d.
    It would have to be both since they're 3DS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways
    I have no doubt they'll be back, they're a good way to block off areas that they don't want you to go to easily.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 9th January 2013 at 9:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat2 View Post
    It would have to be both since they're 3DS games.
    So you can see real depth in these games ? Woah cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think you can see some on Rt. 3 in the grass to the left, actually.
    But, those cliffs were too big to jump off of, dont u think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways
    I find it simpler to think of the ledges as little ramps made of dirt; you can hop over from one side, but it's too high on the other to hop back over. A fan-made 3D version of GSC brought this to my mind . . .
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    I find it simpler to think of the ledges as little ramps made of dirt; you can hop over from one side, but it's too high on the other to hop back over. A fan-made 3D version of GSC brought this to my mind . . .
    That's a bit... contradictory, don't you think?

I thought we saw ledges in the trailer anyway?

Cookies to the first person who can spot the ledge.

Last edited by Poetry; 9th January 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I thought we saw ledges in the trailer anyway?
    Isnt the ledge too big to slide from. I know I would break my leg from that ( granted im quite weak, but stil....)
    Last edited by carboncopy; 9th January 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Isnt the ledge too big to slide from. I know I would break my leg from that ( granted if quite weak, but stil....)
    The PCs always hop over the ledges with no problem. If anything, these are narrower than their previous incantations, probably to make the hopping animation easier to program in a 3D space so there isn't a massive amount of lag every time you cross a ledge.
    Last edited by Poetry; 9th January 2013 at 1:05 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

The whole X and Y thing is based off of axis.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I wonder how evolution will look like on this game :O Will the pokemon body fluidly transform in a sea of light like the series, or will we get the same kind of animations like we had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake! View Post
    I wonder how evolution will look like on this game :O Will the pokemon body fluidly transform in a sea of light like the series, or will we get the same kind of animations like we had in the past.
    I think the body will glow blinding white then morph into the new evolution, then the glow fades revealing the new evolution. *cue fanfare*
    So yeah, like the anime perhaps.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake! View Post
    I really hope its the body fluid thing, like in the anime. I always wanted that ! I dont like the bw thing.

Does anyone else think the web is part of a Bug type Gym?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Im pretty sure hidden grotos are returning from the pikachu scene

Im pretty sure hidden grotos are returning from the pikachu scene
    That's just the animation of entering a battle.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Does anyone else think the web is part of a Bug type Gym?
    My suspicions exactly, though could just be something found in the world, such as when the protagonist swings across that vine.

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

I'd like to see more move combos in the games. Minimize/Stomp, Rain Dance/Thunder and Defense Curl/Rollout are too few in my opinion. For example, using Scald on a frozen Pokémon could trigger the 'fog' weather condition or using Acid or Smog during rain could cause a new weather condition called 'acid rain'.
    EDIT: Also
    Last edited by subterranean_shoelaces; 9th January 2013 at 3:46 PM.

What is "Real Play?" They mentioned that on a site. Never heard of the term. I thought multipalyer at first but why not just use the term multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicoconut View Post
    My suspicions exactly, though could just be something found in the world, such as when the protagonist swings across that vine.
    The vines there I think is part of a Grass type Gym.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

I can't wait to see how trainer battles begin. Like falling from the ceiling like in Gale of Darkness. lol. Perhaps trainers fall from the sky. I really do hope that battles begin when they have you in their gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding.
    Importing has allways been a hassle. Hopefully they will make something quicker like an all at once hot-swopping card transfer thing. they could do an enheratence thing or something.

They way they said "new battle structure" worries me. I hope they don't redo everything like they did in Gen 3 and make us unable to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    They way they said "new battle structure" worries me. I hope they don't redo everything like they did in Gen 3 and make us unable to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5.
    Where'd you hear that? A new battle structure could mean anything from the addition to a new type to double-type moves or, the most unlikely, to triple-type Pokemon.

Page 12 of 526 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast