Page 122 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    I wouldn't mind Hm's if make them more powerful
    HMs and the obstacles they tackle should be more creative. Cut, Strength, Fly, Surf they are all so very basic, to the point that many of the Pokemon would have to use these moves just to survive, to do all of those tasks by nature--should really have to teach a Scyther to cut something?

Instead HMs should not only be powerful moves that do not waste a precious slot, but also be unique and maybe have multiple uses. Perhaps if Incinerate was a HM you could use it to burn down trees and clear a path, but also clear insect spider webs as you explore dungeons. Flash could illuminate caves, but also draw in Ghost Pokemon when used at night. And what about using the weather TMs, e.g. Rain Dance, to change the weather in your immediate area which changes the Pokemon you might encounter. Psychic/Teleport could move you and your Pokemon across a ledge or something. Brick Break could clear rubble or break large stones block your way. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    HMs and the obstacles they tackle should be more creative. Cut, Strength, Fly, Surf they are all so very basic, to the point that many of the Pokemon would have to use these moves just to survive, to do all of those tasks by nature--should really have to teach a Scyther to cut something?

Instead HMs should not only be powerful moves that do not waste a precious slot, but also be unique and maybe have multiple uses. Perhaps if Incinerate was a HM you could use it to burn down trees and clear a path, but also clear insect spider webs as you explore dungeons. Flash could illuminate caves, but also draw in Ghost Pokemon when used at night. And what about using the weather TMs, e.g. Rain Dance, to change the weather in your immediate area which changes the Pokemon you might encounter. Psychic/Teleport could move you and your Pokemon across a ledge or something. Brick Break could clear rubble or break large stones block your way. Etc.
    I like where you are going with that and it would certainly keep things intersting
    3ds FC :0490-7057-3236 IGN: Jorge

Bless this post.
    It'd be like Pokemon platforming. And I'm okay with that.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

This isn't a huge issue for me, but I always hoped that you could change the Pokeball or at least the aesthetic design of one, of a caught Pokemon. It kind frustrates me that when you get Dream Radar/World Pokemon in BW2 they come in purple/pink Pokeballs which exude a pink mist. My Aggron doesn't look to good in pink ahahaha. I know there were Ball capsules in HGSS etc, which helped the problem, but I feel they could do a lot more in regards to this.
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmftw View Post
    This isn't a huge issue for me, but I always hoped that you could change the Pokeball or at least the aesthetic design of one, of a caught Pokemon. It kind frustrates me that when you get Dream Radar/World Pokemon in BW2 they come in purple/pink Pokeballs which exude a pink mist. My Aggron doesn't look to good in pink ahahaha. I know there were Ball capsules in HGSS etc, which helped the problem, but I feel they could do a lot more in regards to this.
    What do you guys think?
    Agreed. Also, I loved the G2 Apricorn system. It's cool that they introduced the Scuba and Dusk Balls, but they're like... the only pretty balls with a useful effect.

Great...let's burn down trees.That should send the right message to 7 year olds...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

What do you guys think?
    If Ball Capsule ever make a comeback, please no more that annoying "take them off first if you want to box the Pokemon" thing -_-

It's stupid, anyway. We're boxing the Pokemon, there's no reason why the stickers on the ball should matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post
    Agreed. Also, I loved the G2 Apricorn system. It's cool that they introduced the Scuba and Dusk Balls, but they're like... the only pretty balls with a useful effect.
    Scuba? I think you meant Dive.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah Scuba Ball is the French name for it, and it made sense in English so I didn't bother looking up its actual name lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Great...let's burn down trees.That should send the right message to 7 year olds...
    Well I don't think burning them is that much worse than cutting them down. After all we do have Charcoal as an item already.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    If Ball Capsule ever make a comeback, please no more that annoying "take them off first if you want to box the Pokemon" thing -_-

It's stupid, anyway. We're boxing the Pokemon, there's no reason why the stickers on the ball should matter at all.

agreed!
    i loved the ball capsules but i hated taking them off EVERY SINGLE TIME i wanted to put a different poke on my belt
    i also would like more stickers :3

Get rid of all the HMs including surf to take away a relatively high damaging water-type move from a number of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Get rid of all the HMs including surf to take away a relatively high damaging water-type move from a number of pokemon.
    I disagree. HM's have been a core element in the main series ever since Gen. I, so I doubt that they'll take it away. GF may take or add some HM's as they did in the previous generations, but I'm certain that they'll keep Surf, as that HM is needed in every game, in-game.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

What do you guys think?
    You aren't forced to use the Dream Ball that appears in your bag while in Entree Forest; any Poké Ball can be thrown and it will be guaranteed to catch the Pokémon.

Surf and Waterfall are the only HM moves I keep on my team. I use HM slaves for everything else, including Fly. It would be great if more useful battle moves were converted into HMs, like Brick Break replacing Rock Smash, as previously mentioned. Plus, it could be used for much more than just smashing frail boulders, like bashing thru cave walls or ruined buildings to reach secret passages. I think it'd also be cool to see Strength and Rock Climb become Rock-type moves.

On the subject of unique HMs, Incinerate might work the way burning down obstacles worked in the first Pokémon Ranger game, where it's a large haystack or a fallen log blocking your path. It might remain a weak battle move, but maybe like Pokémon Ranger 1, its out-of-battle effectiveness increases with your Pokémon's evolution stage or stats, forcing you to train your HM slaves in order to clear more durable obstacles, so you can progress further thru the region.

On the subject of expanding the scope of existing HMs, Cut could be used similarly to the way it's used in Pokémon Ranger 1, in that it could cut down other objects besides shrubbery, like signs or fences, and the more you evolve your HM slave, the more durable the obstacles it could clear. Graduating from cutting thru wooden fences to chain-link fences would require your HM slave to be a certain level or evolution stage, or perhaps a specific Attack stat value.

Clearing advanced obstacles could also be accomplished by that rumored Bond feature; the higher the Bond level you have with your HM slave, the tougher the obstacles it could clear. Surfing on a low-Bond Pokémon might make it more afraid to ride ocean currents, but Surfing with a high-Bond teammate would make it more willing to hang ten. Waterfall could be similarly expanded, allowing you to fight the flow of ocean currents if your Bond is high enough.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 15th March 2013 at 6:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    But he just said that CoroCoro revealed information about BW2 in the form of Kyurem formes, name of the game, and box art. After that, CoroCoro disappeared until June, where we got juicy details about the new games. So the idea that they don't stop on break is flawed, considering that it has happened last year.
    It's better to refer to the beginning of a generation rather than BW2. With BW, the very first details came in the form of Zorua and Zoroark. Nothing happened in March but in April they revealed the names of the games and the first screenshots and each month afterwards seemed to give more and more. It was a bit different though in that, with XY, they revealed the names, starters and legendaries up front. We can afford one 'off month' but after that expect a steady flow of info right up to October.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's better to refer to the beginning of a generation rather than BW2. With BW, the very first details came in the form of Zorua and Zoroark. Nothing happened in March but in April they revealed the names of the games and the first screenshots and each month afterwards seemed to give more and more. It was a bit different though in that, with XY, they revealed the names, starters and legendaries up front. We can afford one 'off month' but after that expect a steady flow of info right up to October.
    Yeah, that's the point. Maybe BW2 wasn't a good example, but even then, there was some CoroCoro breaks in from the game's announcement to the actual revealing of data. And yeah I agree, we already had such big news from XY in the trailer and the Sylveon reveal. Since XY has a longer wait time until the release date, it could very well be the case that we'll have months like March, with no information.

I thought about potential new evolution mechanics and how I would like Eevee to evolve to Sylveon. I came up with the following idea:
    Seeing as Eeveelutions always promote entirely new evolution methods (Friendship in Generation II, location-based evolution in Generation IV), I guess we can rule out Stones, Friendship, location based, trade and whatever else we might have seen so far.

What I came up with now is that perhaps the new Eeveelution(s) have something to do with the new Legendaries. To be more concrete: I think Eevee might become Sylveon after being "blessed" by Xerneas or Yveltal. This might sound strange, but I can see it happening. Maybe Xerneas and Yveltal - being based on Norse mythology - are able to Hallow other Pokémon in a way. This can influence their EVs, their IVs, their attacks or something - and, in some cases, their evolution.
    Maybe being blessed by Xerneas - receiving an "X-Hallowing" - evolves Eevee into Sylveon. And being blessed by Yveltal - receiving an "Y-Hallowing" - evolves it into another new Eeveelution.

To me, this feels like a weird but nice idea. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tibikei View Post
    I thought about potential new evolution mechanics and how I would like Eevee to evolve to Sylveon. I came up with the following idea:
    Seeing as Eeveelutions always promote entirely new evolution methods (Friendship in Generation II, location-based evolution in Generation IV), I guess we can rule out Stones, Friendship, location based, trade and whatever else we might have seen so far.

What I came up with now is that perhaps the new Eeveelution(s) have something to do with the new Legendaries. To be more concrete: I think Eevee might become Sylveon after being "blessed" by Xerneas or Yveltal. This might sound strange, but I can see it happening. Maybe Xerneas and Yveltal - being based on Norse mythology - are able to Hallow other Pokémon in a way. This can influence their EVs, their IVs, their attacks or something - and, in some cases, their evolution.
    Maybe being blessed by Xerneas - receiving an "X-Hallowing" - evolves Eevee into Sylveon. And being blessed by Yveltal - receiving an "Y-Hallowing" - evolves it into another new Eeveelution.

I definitely think this can be a possible feature of new evolution. But remember a new mechanice that is suppose to come out is about the bond between you and your pokemon makes them stronger. While this could be a revamp of the happiness feature, you can never know.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

It's an interesting idea, yes. But I think that would be too much of a hassle just to evolve an Eevee.
    You have to wait until very late in the game to get to the legendaries just to be able to evolve it.

Also consider future titles... you would need to trade the above-mentioned legends for the heck of being able to evolve your Eevee.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

While the idea is interesting and well thought out, sadly, I don't think GF would do anything like this. Besides, I believe this "Y–Hallowing" would be used on Eevee in order for it to evolve to Sylveon as both pokemon have airborne qualities, hm?

But I think Sylveon would rather be a standalone legend like Victini, Jirachi, etc. I know this is very likely to be wrong because all Eeveelutions are accessible without having to hassle over Wi-Fi events. But I somehow see Sylveon taking this role as a new Fairy. If not pseudo-Legendary.

Back on topic, what if Sylveon could assume the role as a messenger? Maybe if you could catch a glimpse of it in the beginning of your adventure, then you encounter it once more up close in personal during a dire situation e.g.: Like a time were you're about to face the hypothetical leader of the "evil" team, then Sylveon somehow aids you. Something like that.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 16th March 2013 at 4:40 AM.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You aren't forced to use the Dream Ball that appears in your bag while in Entree Forest; any Poké Ball can be thrown and it will be guaranteed to catch the Pokémon.
    I realized that after I caught my first Dream World Pokemon, Can't change it now But I know that you can't change the Pokeballs from the Dream Radar, which gives you the theorian formes Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus etc. It is just a small aesthetic thing that bugs me a bit.
    The ball capsule system which let you BOX your Pokemon without taking it off is a step in the right direction.

that is probably the best idea i have heard on sylveon's evolution method
    great job

That is a really great theory! I'd like to see another Eeveelution this generation
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    X/Y/OR/AS Living Dex Completed: November 27, 2014
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Quote Originally Posted by Master Ask View Post
    That is a really great theory! I'd like to see another Eeveelution this generation
    i agree
    i think the mechanic could be implemented in future gens

@Wulava
    well yes they would have to think about future gens
    but they also did fusing of pokemon and changing forms for many people
    if they did that i think it will be easy enough for that to happen
    the process he named is fairly similar to how you get keldeo resolute forme

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the process he named is fairly similar to how you get keldeo resolute forme
    Resolute Forme does not require the other three, though.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 122 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast