Page 124 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I just realized Gen 5 did not introduce a new HM

Gen 2 introduced Whirlpool and Waterfall
    Gen 3 introduced Dive and Rock Smash
    Gen 4 introduced Defog and Rock Climb

What if we don't get a new HM again? :/

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I just realized Gen 5 did not introduce a new HM

Gen 2 introduced Whirlpool and Waterfall
    Gen 3 introduced Dive and Rock Smash
    Gen 4 introduced Defog and Rock Climb

What if we don't get a new HM again? :/
    It will be perfectly fine and I hope they don't?
    We have enough HMs, frankly

I'm all for that good old idea of removing HMs altogether.

If a Pokemon can cut trees, let it do so without having to know a move for it. If a Pokemon can swim and reasonably carry a human being, let them do so. I mean, most Pokemon that can Surf have probably been swimming since before you found them.

This would eliminate the annoyance of HM Slaves, and since TMs are now reusable, making the old HMs into TMs won't change anything in the move learnin' department.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I'd laugh if we get Quadruple battles this gen.
    no way O_O
    that would be chaotic

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It will be perfectly fine and I hope they don't?
    We have enough HMs, frankly
    Well not use them all at once but the new one can replace a prior one.

It would be good if old moves got an upgrade instead of having hms also make alot of them more usuable both in battle and outside of it.

e.g make Teleport the new psychic Fly out of battle allowing you to teleport to any pokemon center (not just the last one used) and make it the new Pyschic Baton Pass in battle istead of failing unless its a wild battle.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    It would be good if old moves got an upgrade instead of having hms also make alot of them more usuable both in battle and outside of it.

e.g make Teleport the new psychic Fly out of battle allowing you to teleport to any pokemon center (not just the last one used) and make it the new Pyschic Baton Pass in battle istead of failing unless its a wild battle.
    I truly like that idea; degrading our current HMs to field moves, and giving the same effects to other moves.

That way, my X-Scissor Haxorus can cut down the trees in my way!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post

I really love your idea, so here are my suppositions.

Move that can be used to cut down small trees.
    - Cut
    - Razor Wind
    - SonicBoom
    - Razor Leaf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Cross Chop
    - Aerial Ace
    - Leaf Blade
    - Night Slash
    - X-Scissor
    - Air Slash
    - Psycho Cut
    - Dual Chop
    - Sacred Sword
    - Razor Shell
    - Secret Sword
    - Slash
    - Fury Cutter
    - Air Cutter
    - Cross Poison

Moves that could be used to push big and heavy rocks.
    - Strength
    - Body Slam
    - Vital Throw
    - Superpower
    - Secret Power
    - Steamroller

That's just few examples of what we could see.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th March 2013 at 7:54 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I really love your idea, so here are my suppositions.

Move that can be used to cut down small trees.
    - Cut
    - Razor Wind
    - SonicBoom
    - Razor Leaf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Cross Chop
    - Aerial Ace
    - Leaf Blade
    - Night Slash
    - X-Scissor
    - Air Slash
    - Psycho Cut
    - Dual Chop
    - Sacred Sword
    - Razor Shell
    - Secret Sword
    What about cross poison?

Moves like
    brick break
    pound
    mega punch/kick
    the elemental punches
    Rock throw
    etc could take care of rock smash.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    What about cross poison?

Moves like
    brick break
    pound
    mega punch/kick
    the elemental punches
    Rock throw
    etc could take care of rock smash.
    Love the idea! It always seemed a bit weird close combat can't smash a rock, yet rock smash can.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    Love the idea! It always seemed a bit weird close combat can't smash a rock, yet rock smash can.
    Me too. I hope the use these, so you don't need a hm slave.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

An idea that came to my head a few days ago that kind of... makes sense I guess. If X and Y sticks to the same EV/IV methods as in the previous 2 gens, I'd like to see them make the entire premise of catching a whole bunch of pokemon and releasing them... merely to check their IVs abolished. The most sensible way, in my opinion of determining this is having a type of encounter animation (Like how N's pokemon have green diamonds, shinies have sparkles and pokestar studio pokemon have a bright yellow star) before the battle commences that will tell you 'This pokemon has 31 IVs in something' or 'this pokemon is flawless'. Because 31 IV flawless pokemon are so rare, and you can never tell when you'll encounter one, it'd be a suprise and a boon to those looking for competitive worthy pokemon outside of cheatcodes.

This animation could also be automatically removed from all kinds of matches versus players and be strictly limited to when you first encountered that pokemon. I think this would actually kick this need to RNG pokemon or have someone resort to cheats for the correct nature/stats just so we can play competitively.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    An idea that came to my head a few days ago that kind of... makes sense I guess. If X and Y sticks to the same EV/IV methods as in the previous 2 gens, I'd like to see them make the entire premise of catching a whole bunch of pokemon and releasing them... merely to check their IVs abolished. The most sensible way, in my opinion of determining this is having a type of encounter animation (Like how N's pokemon have green diamonds, shinies have sparkles and pokestar studio pokemon have a bright yellow star) before the battle commences that will tell you 'This pokemon has 31 IVs in something' or 'this pokemon is flawless'. Because 31 IV flawless pokemon are so rare, and you can never tell when you'll encounter one, it'd be a suprise and a boon to those looking for competitive worthy pokemon outside of cheatcodes.

This animation could also be automatically removed from all kinds of matches versus players and be strictly limited to when you first encountered that pokemon. I think this would actually kick this need to RNG pokemon or have someone resort to cheats for the correct nature/stats just so we can play competitively.
    I don't put too much stock into iv/evs, as I don't wifi battle, but they could use stars instead of a text box. Gold for flawless, blue for for the next lowest, continue like that.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post

Interesting thought but the odds of finding one of these pokemon is the same if not less likely than encountering a shiny pokemon

RNG would still continue as its just a faster way to get ingame pokemon that can compete at a competative level without resorting to cheating

but it would be nice if they gave you a way to scan a pokemon before its caught something like a key item thats an IV checker you can use before you throw the pokeball.

the Anime pokedex can tell a trainer what moves the pokemon has and its ability as well as how strong it is this should be implemented into the game somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    that would be interesting
    while i do not see it being in game i do think they should do a mew event for this game
    i also REALLY want my Fennekin to follow me
    when i played my SS for a long time and starter playing Black 2 again i was like where's my serperior?!
    YES! :P Someone who gets this.. I seriously don't get why they didnt make the 1st party member following you a new standard, I mean.. come on.. :P
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    YES! :P Someone who gets this.. I seriously don't get why they didnt make the 1st party member following you a new standard, I mean.. come on.. :P
    If they were planning to do so and couldn't, it's probably because of cartridge space limitation. I mean, coding 649 sprites and actions of each of them is going to take up a LOT of space, and will sacrifice space from other features that we got in BW1/2

Also, HGSS were developed at the same time that BW were, so HGSS' dev team was different from BW, meaning that BW's dev team likely never considered adding walking Pokemon in there.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If they were planning to do so and couldn't, it's probably because of cartridge space limitation. I mean, coding 649 sprites and actions of each of them is going to take up a LOT of space, and will sacrifice space from other features that we got in BW1/2

Also, HGSS were developed at the same time that BW were, so HGSS' dev team was different from BW, meaning that BW's dev team likely never considered adding walking Pokemon in there.
    Also, wouldn't we also see Pokémon following you in the trailer? If they do add it in after they release it, however, I'd be thrilled to walk around with 3D Pokémon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Also, wouldn't we also see Pokémon following you in the trailer? If they do add it in after they release it, however, I'd be thrilled to walk around with 3D Pokémon.
    Maybe they're saving it as a surprise? Meh. Probably not. I guess the walking with Pokemon is going to stay exclusive to Yellow and Heart Gold. :/

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Maybe they're saving it as a surprise? Meh. Probably not. I guess the walking with Pokemon is going to stay exclusive to Yellow and Heart Gold. :/
    The 3DS game card has been assumed to range from 1-8 gigs. So I would guess, the longer that GF gets accustomed to the 3DS, the better they will be at coding/programming, which means we may see features like walking Pokemon return.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The 3DS game card has been assumed to range from 1-8 gigs. So I would guess, the longer that GF gets accustomed to the 3DS, the better they will be at coding/programming, which means we may see features like walking Pokemon return.
    Yes! I loved the walking Pokemon in HeartGold/SoulSilver. I hope it returns.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Yes! I loved the walking Pokemon in HeartGold/SoulSilver. I hope it returns.
    Well, most likely 7th gen or 3D Hoenn remakes, but that's not happening now.
    I'm just glad I get to see certain moves in 3D now (Flamethrower, Surf, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

I'd personally love to see a certain "reward" system added to the pkmn games that involved moves. Perhaps they could introduce a npc who handed out rare candies if you k/o'd 100pkmn with a specific move each day.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    I'd personally love to see a certain "reward" system added to the pkmn games that involved moves. Perhaps they could introduce a npc who handed out rare candies if you k/o'd 100pkmn with a specific move each day.
    That's a really good idea, I'd love to see it happen.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

I can't wait to see how the evolution and egg hatching looks! I sense something like the anime

How would spotpass work with the new games? Do the cartridges need to be on? Can you still get streetpass even if the cartridge is not even inserted?

Page 124 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast