Page 128 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    I agree that taking the nuzlocke challenge is going out of one's way in order to make the game harder than it is, but I disagree that using a "weak" team with mainly early pokemon or one based on less offensive types is comparable to the nuzleaf challenge. Deliberately choosing "weak" pokemon is no different than scouring the region for strong pokemon with the right natures, ev training, etc. Of course it would be great to have the option of toggling between easy, normal and hard modes from the beginning of the game, but since that probably won't happen, I still think the charm of the Pokemon games is that they allow the players to make the gaming experience more challenging by choosing "weaker" pokemon.
    Almost any game in the world gives you this same possibility -- for instance, you can simply refuse to use any upgrades or new weapons in most of the games. That doesn't change the fact that said games still have difficulty modes that make the game challenging even for people who use all the weapons and all the upgrades.

Using a "weak" team in order to make the game difficult is going out of your way to make it harder than it really is. You shouldn't be forced to take this option to have a challenging experience, the game should have a difficulty mode that you would find challenging even when using a strong, well-trained team.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Perhaps in the games after Pokemon X and Y, we shall see more Pokemon sprites especially exemplified in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Almost any game in the world gives you this same possibility -- for instance, you can simply refuse to use any upgrades or new weapons in most of the games. That doesn't change the fact that said games still have difficulty modes that make the game challenging even for people who use all the weapons and all the upgrades.

Using a "weak" team in order to make the game difficult is going out of your way to make it harder than it really is. You shouldn't be forced to take this option to have a challenging experience, the game should have a difficulty mode that you would find challenging even when using a strong, well-trained team.
    Hey, I agree with you that the games should have difficulty options, but I am just trying to be real. The great thing about Pokemon is that it's accessible for all ages to pick up and it's a tried and tested formula that has proven incredibly successful. The not so great thing about Pokemon is that loyal fans of the series get the same general gameplay formula in every game. I just don't see them changing this formula, especially not in their first title on a brand new platform where so much is at stake (after all, Nintendo has fallen from their DS/Wii glory days and are not doing so great and are in desperate need for Pokemon to hit it big on the 3DS). I merely suggested one very realistic way for players who want to make the game more challenging, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Perhaps in the games after Pokemon X and Y, we shall see more Pokemon sprites especially exemplified in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Affinity.
    Wut? and you mean *gates to infinity*
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Not sure if this fits into actual game play sepculation but it would be interesting if they make WIFI Battles similar to PBR and have you set up in various different Stadiums with other you can unlock in Game.

I would also like to see Stadiums based around certain teams e.g

Water Stadium - Drizzle/Rain Dancve Effect
    Forest Stadium - Drought/Sunny Day Effect
    Desert Stadium - Sand Stream/Sand Storm Effect
    Mountain Stadium - Snow Warning/Hail Effect

I feel this would create some interesting battles as you wouldnt know which you would be put into

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Not sure if this fits into actual game play sepculation but it would be interesting if they make WIFI Battles similar to PBR and have you set up in various different Stadiums with other you can unlock in Game.

I would also like to see Stadiums based around certain teams e.g

Water Stadium - Drizzle/Rain Dancve Effect
    Forest Stadium - Drought/Sunny Day Effect
    Desert Stadium - Sand Stream/Sand Storm Effect
    Mountain Stadium - Snow Warning/Hail Effect

I feel this would create some interesting battles as you wouldnt know which you would be put into
    Personally i would really like to see Stadiums but honestly..i don't think it will happen any time soon..

I think a hard mode from the beggining is something that can work for all players... If a 8 years old will play this game they will know what easy and hard is... If dont... They'll probably will have spmeone to help....
    They dont need to change the pokemon of trainers(like easy you battle a pidgey lvl 5 and on hard a pedgeyoto lvl 18) just the trai er be more intelligent
    (and since d/p i always play the set mode)
    And i dont think its fair a play under lvl just beacause they dont want to put a hard...
    Train a lvl 100 pokemon team takes time... If i play under lvl... Well will take forever...
    And i hope they make a post e4 game more like gold silver( loved battle my dear erika) and for my gamers sake...
    Bring the battle factory back... I spent more than 500 hours just there... It gave my pokemon game a better longevity...
    Into every generation there is a chosen one!

Name: Rosinha
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!! I've finally bought a 3DS, a slick-looking black one, too! I spent all night yesterday fiddling with the built-in software, and have discovered that Face Raiders is deceptively hard! The sweet 3D effects make me ultra-excited for XY, but they also hurt my eyes, so I have to shut it off when I play for long periods (which translates to "all the time.")

That being said, I would definitely love to see a gym leader work with triple or rotation battles. Perhaps like Drayden and Iris in BW1, they can be version-exclusive co-leaders of the same gym with identical teams, but unlike BW1, one can use triple battle format, and the other can use rotation battle format. Also, the gym trainers can use the same battle format as their leader, and perhaps even the gym's puzzle can be based on the battle format that the gym specializes in.

I also liked the concept of the BW1 Striaton Gym, where the gym leader you face changes based on your starter. I'd like to see a similar gym in XY, but set up closer to the end of the game, and instead of a mono-type team, the gym leader could have a team that's more well-rounded like that of a professional trainer's, and would change based on your starter--like a rival battle!

It'd be cool to see May and Brendan be the gym leader duo to fill both of these scenarios. Also, May as a grown-up would be delicious to stare at. :3

Edit: On the subject of difficulty, yes, having the option to start the game on hard mode, without needing to clear the other version and transfer a key or go through a new game plus system, would be ideal for pro players who've been playing Pokémon for a long time and want a better challenge. I would probably still play on easy mode, tho, because I'm a sissy when it comes to game difficulty. xP
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 19th March 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    That being said, I would definitely love to see a gym leader work with triple or rotation battles.
    No. NO. NO! The Triple and Rotation battles were just really bad, and should not be used again. Maybe the Rotation Battles, they were slightly better. This is an opinion, I don't mind if you against it.
    A double battle gym leader would be better (Stay on Topic, DarkSword).
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 19th March 2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Possibly to make everybody mad.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    No. NO. NO! The Triple and Rotation battles were just really bad, and should not be used again. Maybe the Rotation Battles, they were slightly better.
    A double battle gym leader would be better (Stay on Topic, DarkSword).
    That is subjective. Just because you think it is bad doesn't mean everyone else think it's awful.

They really should allow us to have the ability to trade more than one Pokemon, up to three would be at least decent enough for me since trading one at a time can be tedious IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    That is subjective. Just because you think it is bad doesn't mean everyone else think it's awful.
    What was trying to say I don't want GameFreak to do it again.

What was bad about Triple and Rotation battles? You didn't explain.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I think gym leaders should have rules....
    First: even numbers of pokemon between me and the gym leader. A 2x2 battle or a 4x4 battle
    Rules in battle like sleep clause... Or one effect per pokemon... Something to put the challenge back on gym leaders...
    In the gold silver games i lost epiclly for a certain miltank( the first time i battle it) i want that feeling back....
    The other one was cynthia and spiritomb... God... It took me some reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy goood time to learn that ghost/dark thing...
    (good times)
    And i think the elite four should be more like the anime...
    I have to fight some random(but challenging) players... Than the tematic e4(bring back lorelai pleaseeee) the the champion...

I think the game should get rid of 6 magikarps/basculin/cartepie trainers

What was trying to say I don't want GameFreak to do it again.
    We've never had a Triple/Rotation Gym before. Unless your talking about styles of battle w/ more Pokemon on field, which could work nice if done right. But it won't happen this gen anyway. Only odd gens introduce new battle styles, but it could break.

Anyway, I'd like some nice mini-games. BW2 had a nice try, but I'd like something like Four in a row with Voltorb (Regular and Shiny), Draw Something, e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_btvs View Post
    First: even numbers of pokemon between me and the gym leader. A 2x2 battle or a 4x4 battle
    Rules in battle like sleep clause... Or one effect per pokemon... Something to put the challenge back on gym leaders...
    In the gold silver games i lost epiclly for a certain miltank( the first time i battle it) i want that feeling back....
    The other one was cynthia and spiritomb... God... It took me some reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy goood time to learn that ghost/dark thing...
    (good times)
    I have to fight some random(but challenging) players... Than the tematic e4(bring back lorelai pleaseeee) the the champion...

A lot of this sounds kinda like the Battle Frontier to me. I'm hoping we'll get lucky and GF will put the battle frontier in from the start instead of making us wait 'till the next batch of Gen VI games.

And I really can't see them changing the E4 at all, especially not to make it more like the anime. The E4 are built up as the best trainers in the region, so why would you have to fight some randomly generated NPCs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    What was bad about Triple and Rotation battles? You didn't explain.
    Oh no... DarkSword resist yourself... Okay.

Rotation battles were cheap. Battles never went you way. Switching should take up a turn, not what it does now.

Triple Battles were not fun. If you just put the wrong Pokemon in the wrong spot, you were screwed. You couldn't attack everyone on the field. Adding to much difficulty, for me at least.

They could add them back, but I would skip that person if I knew they were Triple or Rotation Battles.

Rotation battles were cheap. Battles never went you way. Switching should take up a turn, not what it does now.

Triple Battles were not fun. If you just put the wrong Pokemon in the wrong spot, you were screwed. You couldn't attack everyone on the field. Adding to much difficulty, for me at least.

They could add them back, but I would skip that person if I knew they were Triple or Rotation Battles.
    Well, if it was a gym, you had no choice :P
    I'd like to see a triple/rotation/double battle gym leader.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    Well, if it was a gym, you had no choice :P
    I'd like to see a triple/rotation/double battle gym leader.
    It would have to be a psychic type gym leader, so that GF could justify how they always know what pokemon you're about to rotate to.
    I would personally be fine with a triple battle gym leader though,as long as I can put my team in the right order beforehand. I always liked it more than triple battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    A lot of this sounds kinda like the Battle Frontier to me. I'm hoping we'll get lucky and GF will put the battle frontier in from the start instead of making us wait 'till the next batch of Gen VI games.

And I really can't see them changing the E4 at all, especially not to make it more like the anime. The E4 are built up as the best trainers in the region, so why would you have to fight some randomly generated NPCs instead?
    Cause adds to the challenge... We(and our rival) cant be the only one in the game to try to beat the e4... And as i said... We're still figth the E4 but the preliminary rounds would be against tough trainers... Like you have to win 3 6 pokemons battle before going in....
    And please bring the battle frontier back... Loved the factory... One of the most challenging battle i ever had was there....
    I loves the rotation battle... And the triple ones...
    I se the point of @Darksword39 but i think it added up to the challenging.... After 5 gens... I need something more challenging...
    I get that the game is made for children... But i can long time players should deserve attention... We're playing since gen 1, thats more than 10 years... So we too need something...
    And i dont believe(at least dont want to) that this game will be a white 2... I thnk they gonna make changes... A lot of...

I'd like to see the option to switch between Bike and Skates. Bikes are faster, and gives you access to a Cycling Road. And a Roller Skating area, only accessible by having skates on. And maybe tricks on your bike? Secret areas which you need to Walk, Run, Cycle or Skate to?

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_btvs View Post
    (good times)

I agree with rules for gym battles--I especially think it would make sense for the challenger and gym leader to have equal number of pokemon on their teams. However, I am so against the sleep clause. The power of certain types is their ability to make up for lacking bulk and attack by inducing various status ailments. Imo, finding a way to deal with statuses is part of building a team.

I never had a problem with rotation battles, so why did you? How did they not go your way?

Did you know you can switch positions in triple battles?
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I'd actually support the idea of getting rid of your trainer's precognition. Make the in-game battles just like online battles, I say, just with an AI as your opponent instead of another human. None of this "Your opponent is about to send out Stunfisk" bullcrap.

That's actually always been a complaint of mine with the main series games. It can turn a potentially a fun and challenging battle into a complete sweep. Maybe if difficulties return, make the higher difficulties drop this feature, at least?
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Did you know you can switch positions in triple battles?
    What? You can! You made my day, SilverFox.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I'd actually support the idea of getting rid of your trainer's precognition. Make the in-game battles just like online battles, I say, just with an AI as your opponent instead of another human. None of this "Your opponent is about to send out Stunfisk" bullcrap.

That's actually always been a complaint of mine with the main series games. It can turn a potentially a fun and challenging battle into a complete sweep. Maybe if difficulties return, make the higher difficulties drop this feature, at least?
    you can do that already you can switch it off in settings

Page 128 of 526 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast