Page 130 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Can you imagine how much time it takes to translate these games? I dont see the programmers taking that same period of time replacing Zs with Ss and adding Us and changing Football to Soccer.
    I'd imagine it'd be quite easy. Very tedious, yes, but considerably easier and faster than a full translation into French or something. And since we're getting a worldwide release, it seems they've managed to streamline the process somewhat. It's also the most unnecessary as it's not as if we can't read American English, but it'd be nice, convenient thing to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Can you imagine how much time it takes to translate these games? I dont see the programmers taking that same period of time replacing Zs with Ss and adding Us and changing Football to Soccer.

Not that much i guess... I know its not the same, but... When, in the past gen, the japonese game were released... A lot of people translated the game... Like a month after the game release we'd at least 50% of the game translated by fans... And they dont recieve money for that...
    The 6~8 months window between de english/japonese Release, for me, was always a way to GF keep the interest in the game... And not because it takes time to translate....

And wouldnt be awesome a battle factory with triple/rotation battle... I could see me easely spending another 500h on that!
    Into every generation there is a chosen one!

Name: Rosinha
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Do you think they'll actually balance or edit any base stats for older pokemon, or maybe make useless pokemon a little more viable?
    Lv: 15
    PM me to raise Level!

Quote Originally Posted by jordman View Post
    Do you think they'll actually balance or edit any base stats for older pokemon, or maybe make useless pokemon a little more viable?
    No, I don't. They never did it until now, there's no sudden reason for them to.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Im hoping they change it all....
    I wanna see pokemons like torkoal, buterfree, hypno, zangoose, on the competitive games....

It's been 5 generations, if they cared about viability/competition, they would've done it a long time ago. We can't always be hopeful that all Pokemon will be viable. It's like nature, not all animals will be a beast, they each have their own neat niches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    No, I don't. They never did it until now, there's no sudden reason for them to.
    I don't either. It wouldn't make sense, to be honest. Probably just give them Evolutions.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I don't either. It wouldn't make sense, to be honest. Probably just give them Evolutions.
    Since the annouce of the game... The one thing that i have for sure is that this game come to make the difference... In the pokemon world and on 3ds... Since its a new gen, and not a stadium/mistery dungeon/rumblu game, i think they wanna hit us hard... And good...
    I think they'll change a lot of things... And will remodelate a lot of things...
    They have to make 700+ pokemons 3d models(yay)... With all the moves(please bringe fire blast from gen 1 and 2!)
    So why just do that and not change a good part of it!
    I think we'll have new mechanics(like the bond system?) new itens(like the *** kicker eviolite), new types advantages(like poison be super effecte against ice, just an exemple)....
    I see this game like a renovation of the franchise... So i see a lot of change coming
    (i remenber something in the annouce of the game like: this game will be totally different and will make the hardcore players happy)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_btvs View Post
    Since the annouce of the game... The one thing that i have for sure is that this game come to make the difference... In the pokemon world and on 3ds... Since its a new gen, and not a stadium/mistery dungeon/rumblu game, i think they wanna hit us hard... And good...
    I think they'll change a lot of things... And will remodelate a lot of things...
    They have to make 700+ pokemons 3d models(yay)... With all the moves(please bringe fire blast from gen 1 and 2!)
    I think we'll have new mechanics(like the bond system?) new itens(like the *** kicker eviolite), new types advantages(like poison be super effecte against ice, just an exemple)....
    I see this game like a renovation of the franchise... So i see a lot of change coming
    (i remenber something in the annouce of the game like: this game will be totally different and will make the hardcore players happy)
    How would changing mechanics and the type chart make hardcore players happy. I would be pissed.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

How would changing mechanics and the type chart make hardcore players happy. I would be pissed.
    I would too. I'm not a hardcore player, but I would still be mad. The mechanics are fine as is, and same with the type chart.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

If the game mechanics are too different that I can't transfer my living dex from Gen V, then I'm gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I would too. I'm not a hardcore player, but I would still be mad. The mechanics are fine as is, and same with the type chart.
    I think it would be fun to balance things a little...
    And it would mean a new experinece... To get used to some new types effectviness/resistence...
    And would keep the game fresh... And people could be mad at frist... Since is a change... But everyone survived the other ones...

And it would mean a new experinece... To get used to some new types effectviness/resistence...
    And would keep the game fresh... And people could be mad at frist... Since is a change... But everyone survived the other ones...
    The problem is that back then we survived it, because change was absolutely needed. Psychics were too OP and Gen I mechanics were so hilariously broken that any Pokemon with high speed could take advantage of it.

There's a difference between "Hey, this is new and refreshing" and "God Gamefreak, I've spent the past 15 years of my life with steel-type not being supereffective against dragon, why did you have to change it now?" I imagine if they changed the type-chart any, I would keep getting KO'd because I'd be relying on the old type chart I grew up with.

And don't get me started on "New Types". Dark and Steel were added because psychic (and depending on who you ask, dragon) were too overpowered. The type-chart is fine now.

Survived the other what? The mechanics changes youre suggesting are way more drastic than the introduction of abilities or triple battles.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

Survived the other what? The mechanics changes youre suggesting are way more drastic than the introduction of abilities or triple battles.
    We survived the atk s atk changes... And by the time i didnt see a lot of people saying "hey we need that changed) i'm not saying chage it all the type chart... But make some changes.... Just to make some types(like poison) more competitve

We survived the atk s atk changes... And by the time i didnt see a lot of people saying "hey we need that changed) i'm not saying chage it all the type chart... But make some changes.... Just to make some types(like poison) more competitve
    You do realize the physical/special split was needed? It never made sense how certain physical moves were branded as special and vice versa. Also, you don't need the type chart to fix poison. You can boost it by giving it better moves and better Pokemon. Remember how bad Fighting was in Gen I? Now it's amongst the best offensive types to use.

But the attack split A: Made sense, because in Gen III Shadow Ball was physical and Fire Punch was Special and B: People could get their heads around it. It's not like if they changed the types and people would have to constantly remind themselves that the poison-type gym leader can do supereffective STAB damage to your Ice type(Which also doesn't make much sense).

Although I agree poison type kinda sucks offensively.

My biggest thing about changing things like types or giving Pokemon evolutions to make them stronger and equal is that not all Pokemon should be equal. Should we give our poodles steroids so they can fight the alligators? No. I look at Pokemon first and foremost as a world of diverse creatures with the potential to interact and become friends with humans and each other. Battling is just for our enjoyment. We don't need equality, we need diversity.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

I do know i was needded thats my point...
    Maybe they change things that could be good... Just because we dont see it yet ir dosent mean it cant be good....
    Last edited by Richie_btvs; 20th March 2013 at 9:51 PM.

*Sigh* Here we go again with this damn type argument. I already explained why the current type chart as it is, is not balanced and people still try to argue otherwise and try to use that damn gen 1 over powered Psychic excuse. I'm talking to you BurningWhiteKyurem. However, i'm not even going to get into it because a good portion of you people on this site are so stubborn and ignorant it doesn't even matter...

Anyway...I would love it if we get the starters through a different method than before. Like maybe The Professor of the region(if there is one) gets robbed and we must get them from some underground black market Pokemon dealer(The Evil team perhaps?)? Or better yet rescue them from the black market dealer. The one you decide to take first would be your chosen starter.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I think gym leader themes besides monotypes would be cool. Some off the top of my head could be double/triple/rotational battle, weather, or more specific tactics like taking advantage of stalling toxic or something with protect. And like before, they can put some useful pokemon and tms right before that gym to help out like Helping Hand/follow me users, cloud nine, or feint. I dunno, change is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    *Sigh* Here we go again with this damn type argument. I already explained why the current type chart as it is, is not balanced and people still try to argue otherwise and try to use that damn gen 1 over powered Psychic excuse. I'm talking to you BurningWhiteKyurem. However, i'm not even going to get into it because a good portion of you people on this site are so stubborn and ignorant it doesn't even matter...

Anyway...I would love it if we get the starters through a different method than before. Like maybe The Professor of the region(if there is one) gets robbed and we must get them from some underground black market Pokemon dealer(The Evil team perhaps?)? Or better yet rescue them from the black market dealer. The one you decide to take first would be your chosen starter.
    So like human trafficking except with pokemon. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    So like human trafficking except with pokemon. I like that.
    Yeah, with this the evil team would play more of a role in the story line. I feel like the past with evil teams we(as in the player) just sorta butted our way into their business without any real reason. If you really look at it the evil teams never actually did anything to the player until we butted in. With this though we can have some sort of animosity built from them doing this to us and kind of want revenge or something along those lines.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

flameroom.jpg
    This place reminds me of the hunchback of notredame, It looks like a church, since the region would be based on paris, it would be cool
    if the gym leader/elite four would look like Frollo.

Page 130 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast