Page 132 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'Master93 View Post
    Yeah I would to see something like that too they need a refresh. they should take a few things from the show like maybe have pokemon evolve mid battle
    That would be EPIC. I remember when I was battling Byron in Diamond with my Monferno. It evolved right after the battle and learned Close Combat.

WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN AWESOME IF HE'D EVOLVED MID-BATTLE AND SWEPT BYRON'S TEAM WITH CLOSE COMBAT INSTEAD?!?

Yes I would love to see them implement that for the next game

Okay so I haven't been on here for a while.

I bought myself a 3DS XL the other day which I am very very happy about. Downloading the update for Mario Kart 7, an interesting idea came to mind.
    What if; when later games are released (Pokémon Z/RSE Remakes perhaps?), updates are distributed for Pokémon X & Y that allow compatibility with new features introduced in later games - such as alternate forms and new items, or even trainer skins for multiplayer interactions. (Say you're playing Pokémon Y and fighting a trainer who is playing the Pokémon Ruby Remake. On your game, it displays Brendan as the battle opponent rather than the default Pokémon X/Y protagonist.) Several alternate forms introduced midway through a generation were considerably hard for some to get their hands on due to the compatibility limitations. For example, Giratina's Origin Form was only accessible in Heart Gold and Soul Silver through the exclusive Arceus event, simply because the Griseous Orb returns to the bag upon entering the Union Room disallowing you to trade it from Platinum. Access to the Therian Forms in Pokémon Black and White 2 was only possible if you bought the Dream Radar app off the Nintendo eShop. (Which I caught Tornadus on a couple minutes ago :33) Therian Form Pokémon can't even be traded between Black and White 2 games because they weren't available in Black and White 1, thus making access to these forms only possible if you pay the $4 or something to buy Dream Radar. Sure, main series Pokémon games aren't intended to ever have paid DLCs but surely this counts in a way, right?

tl;dr - Game Freak should update X & Y when new games are released.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Ive been playing since gen 1 and all they have changed is just add more pokemon update graphics n tweak gameplay. After all theses years they could have done wo much more. Instead of wasting time on lil gimmicks like the musicals n pokestudios they should focus on the core of the game which is Revolunitonize battling. One of the main reasons we love and play the game. With the new games coming out I don't see much but just having like a handheld pokemon stadium or collesium

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'Master93 View Post
    Ive been playing since gen 1 and all they have changed is just add more pokemon update graphics n tweak gameplay. After all theses years they could have done wo much more. Instead of wasting time on lil gimmicks like the musicals n pokestudios they should focus on the core of the game which is Revolunitonize battling. One of the main reasons we love and play the game. With the new games coming out I don't see much but just having like a handheld pokemon stadium or collesium
    No no no, what I'm saying is that Game Freak should update their games so that all Gen 6 titles are 100% compatible with each other.
    What would you like to see then if you aren't satisfied with how the battle system is now? The developers really don't have much space to work when tweaking the battle system, Gen 2 and Gen 3 were incompatible simply because the max amount of IVs a Pokémon could have was increased from 15 to 31. Not much of a problem back then, some people were still unhappy about it of course. Only 386 to distribute, by 2004 with Fire Red and Leaf Green all Pokémon were obtainable in Gen 3. Now with Gen 6 we're going to have possibly 750+ Pokémon; if there were to be another Generation gap like 2/3 because a slight edit was made to the battle system, it would be years and years before we'd all be able to play with our favourite Pokémon again. A lot of fans would be disappointed, it would also really damage the metagame as well with the limited amount of Pokémon to choose from. Competitive players would have to resort to cheating devices to generate the unobtainable Pokémon they want - I mean most of them already do that but it shouldn't be their only option. Game Freak really is doing their best to improve the battling experience, new attacks with every generation plus the new battle styles (Triple/Rotation Battles). Competitive battling has really been taken into consideration ever since Gen 3, Emerald mainly with a decent move tutor catalog along with the first Battle Frontier, giving you even more battle styles to enjoy. Here we are in Gen 5 with re-useable TMs as opposed to 1 Earthquake TM in Ruby and Sapphire, along with Breeding Mechanics to pass down IVs, Natures, Egg Moves and even Abilities. Most Pokémon even getting new unique abilities to experiment with. It says on your profile that Blaziken is your favourite Pokémon, surely you must be delighted to see Speed Boost as its Hidden Ability! My point is, the battle system really is developing nicely even with all the limitations on the core mechanics. If you aren't satisfied with this then just go ahead and quit Pokémon; but trust me, you'll be missing out.

As for the 'gimmicks' like Musicals and Pokéstar Studios, if you don't like them then just don't play them. I've finished the National Dex on Black 2 and not once have I entered the Pokémon Musical building. If competitive play is your thing then bam; new idea. Online competitive Pokémon Contests. xD
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Im not talking about ivs or evs they could leave it as is. im just saying how they finally bringing the 3d animation to the handheld. I hope add more details towards it. Because what I like most about games is the details. How will it look when pokemon abilities are activated, how status ailments would be animated, the use of weather moves and representation of entry hazards. I get what your saying compatibility wise. Id wana see evolution mid battle. Get rid of the musicals and bring back the mini games like in pokemon staduim or pokeathalon

I want the possibilty to update the game self.
    Let's say you got Pokemon Y and gamefreak has a update for the game.
    Then just Download the Update for the Game in the eShop :| I would love that.

I also want a pokemon X and pokemon Y demo in the eShop

Since they also did that with Pokemon mystery Dungeon

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I know this probably sounds like an absurd idea to you guys,but i would like it so when you are flying its like an area ,you can actually steer the pokemon, encounter pokemon while flying, ando all sorts of new stuff
    3ds FC :0490-7057-3236 IGN: Jorge

Since this would be the area to discuss the mechanics, does anyone think we'll finally be able to transfer items over to XY from DPPtHGSS?
        Spoiler:- Pokedex:

I say, Get rid of the musicals and the contests, make the pokemon league like it is on the shows, I think they are going to make gen 3 remakes but we are going to get some new gen 3 evos so that is why they waited until gen 6 was released (obviously important ones)

I think that a great addition to gameplay would be the Elite four having multiple or duel types instead of just 1 single type. I mean these are suppose to be the 4 strongest trainers outside of the champion. It would be a great gameplay feature because it would make beating the elite four a little harder and not as easy as it has been.

They should make a transfer app so that we just insert a Gen 4 or 5 game in and it transfers them (items included) and it can be done box by box. It would only require 1 ds and, ifpossible, make it so the app copies the Pokemon, so I don't have too one time move until Gen 7.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Lol you already thinking about gen 7 when gen 6 hasn't even come out :P
    3ds FC :0490-7057-3236 IGN: Jorge

I really hope they add Character customization.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge565 View Post
    I know this probably sounds like an absurd idea to you guys,but i would like it so when you are flying its like an area ,you can actually steer the pokemon, encounter pokemon while flying, ando all sorts of new stuff
    That would be really annoying.

"Let's fly to the Pokemon League! Oh wait I have to play a stupid minigame first..."
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    That would be really annoying.

"Let's fly to the Pokemon League! Oh wait I have to play a stupid minigame first..."
    It would be like using dive or surf, more like the former.

That sounds like an nice idea!
    It sounds too much like an "air" surfing though, and im not that big fan of surfing >.>

It'd always be awesome to have the league, and you could stay the champion for once...
    But Probably it won't be implimented
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    That sounds like an nice idea!
    It sounds too much like an "air" surfing though, and im not that big fan of surfing >.>

It'd always be awesome to have the league, and you could stay the champion for once...
    But Probably it won't be implimented
    And you would be able to accept challenges from time to time.

Maybe once you become Champion, you can get Streetpass teams from other people who have become Champions the game would use the data in the latest Hall of Fame recording for the team, because sitting in a room waiting for someone else to get 8 badges and beat the E4 (which is supposedly quite rare ingame) would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Maybe once you become Champion, you can get Streetpass teams from other people who have become Champions the game would use the data in the latest Hall of Fame recording for the team, because sitting in a room waiting for someone else to get 8 badges and beat the E4 (which is supposedly quite rare ingame) would be boring.
    Well of course, I didn't mean that you were going to stay in the champions room waiting for challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    It would be like using dive or surf, more like the former.
    That would still be extremely annoying. "Let's fly to the daycare! Oh wait I have to play through this stupid sky route..."

Fly is one of the most convenient features of Pokemon since Gen I, and changing it so you have to play a stupid minigame/go through a sky route would be one of the dumbest things ever, not to mention you're taking away the mid-game/late-game instant travel feature that most RPGs have.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I want the possibilty to update the game self.
    Let's say you got Pokemon Y and gamefreak has a update for the game.
    Then just Download the Update for the Game in the eShop :| I would love that.
    I thought about something similar when playing BW2. Knowing many people with BW still played when BW2 came out, it woulda been nice to battle BW2 trainers who had new formes of pokemon and be able to see them or have them in your BW game when traded over. Not saying the coding woulda allowed them to do it, but it would have been nice if they gave BW an update so it remained completely compatible with gen5's new pokemon formes

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    That would still be extremely annoying. "Let's fly to the daycare! Oh wait I have to play through this stupid sky route..."

Fly is one of the most convenient features of Pokemon since Gen I, and changing it so you have to play a stupid minigame/go through a sky route would be one of the dumbest things ever, not to mention you're taking away the mid-game/late-game instant travel feature that most RPGs have.
    An idea someone had earlier on in the thread was they could have a flying animation on the top screen of you riding the chosen pokemon while on the bottom screen it showed your map where you chose where you wanted to fly. Sounded like a great idea to me
    Last edited by Dren; 24th March 2013 at 8:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazedMinezumi View Post
    Since this would be the area to discuss the mechanics, does anyone think we'll finally be able to transfer items over to XY from DPPtHGSS?
    I don't think we'll ever get to use our precious generation 4 stuff again. >_<

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

I was playing Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, and thought that those games use the Spotpass feature very well by automatically receiving maps, items, etc. so I'm thinking that Pokemon could really take great advantage of this. For instance, receiving mystery gift Pokemon without the player having to do it manually

What about just a town flying in the sky.
    Or maybe a Castle in the Sky.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Page 132 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast