Page 133 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    I don't think we'll ever get to use our precious generation 4 stuff again. >_<
    I hope that is not the case..as i really would like to see Gen 4 Pokemon after i have completed the game for battling online.. Maybe after you have beaten the Champion..they should allow your to transfer your Pokemon from Gen 4 and Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I hope that is not the case..as i really would like to see Gen 4 Pokemon after i have completed the game for battling online.. Maybe after you have beaten the Champion..they should allow your to transfer your Pokemon from Gen 4 and Gen 5
    Oh, I am sure we'll get to transfer our pokemon, but I don't see us getting to transfer items, especially since we weren't even able to do so between gens. 4 and 5, but I truly hope I am wrong.

I highly doubt that we'll get to transfer items. But I'm pretty positive, or at least very hopeful, that they let you transfer Pokémon. I think it's so cool that people will probably be using Pokémon in X and Y that they caught 10 years ago...
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

I don't think we'll be able to transfer Pokemon straight from gen 4 to gen 5 (although it's possible since they're both on the 3DS), but there is no plus side to not allowing people to transfer Pokemon, especially since it's only possible post game. It would just annoy the fanbase for no good reason.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

It's still possible that they'll finally let us transfer items (again) as well. We could transfer items from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen, after all.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's still possible that they'll finally let us transfer items (again) as well. We could transfer items from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen, after all.
    I hope so, I always thought it never happened so people wouldn't break their game by transferring (incompatible one-time vs. unlimited) TMs. But they could've just prevented TMs from being passed on (abused this so much in generation IV). It gets really annoying building up BPs for your Poison Orb/Life Orb/Power items when you could just transfer them instead.

Bolt, I don't mean the mini-games since I've never really played them. I meant just tucking them in and getting stuff in the Dream World.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

I really hope now they finaly introduce the double save file feature. That would be so important in a pokémon game!
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    I really hope now they finaly introduce the double save file feature. That would be so important in a pokémon game!
    This. Why they don't have multiple save files yet is beyond me. It would be incredibly useful, especially for getting extra starter, event and legendary pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

That's a really good point. I've always been kind of odded out by the fact that there are not multiple saves.

I hope they let me turn the wi-fi inside de game...
    I always forget... :/

About the save file... The only thing i think of its that they dont do the multiple save, ita just to prevent the "everyone start with the 3 starters"....otherwise i dont really know why...

(a little of topic: TheOriginalOne, i can read unknows to... Just discovery it hahaha)
    Last edited by Richie_btvs; 25th March 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Into every generation there is a chosen one!

Name: Rosinha
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I'm hoping for an in-game IV/EV checker/tracker. Would be reaaaally nice.

@Aurath8: The reason they've haven't done it yet is that, in order for to it be useful, they'd have to make it so that you could transfer Pokemon or, at the very least, Pokedex data between save files, which would utterly defeat one of the main features that the series was built upon; trading with other people in order to get the Pokemon you'd be otherwise unable to get.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    @Aurath8: The reason they've haven't done it yet is that, in order for to it be useful, they'd have to make it so that you could transfer Pokemon or, at the very least, Pokedex data between save files, which would utterly defeat one of the main features that the series was built upon; trading with other people in order to get the Pokemon you'd be otherwise unable to get.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Then not allow trading(or really any communication) between save files on the same cartridge. tbh, if Trollfreak end up implementing multiple save files I could see them doing this as it still requires 2 3DSes and games to trade. Unless you use the GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    This. Why they don't have multiple save files yet is beyond me. It would be incredibly useful, especially for getting extra starter, event and legendary pokemon.
    Exactly. You could get multiple starters, events, and legendary Pokemon... without paying any extra money. Why would they do that when they could make you buy two games? That's why it's probably not going to happen.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I like the idea of less hacked pokemon, specially those of this new gen, and I'm wondering what kind of anti cheating methods will GF use...

I think the reason why they don't have multiple save files is due to the lack of memory in the cartridge required for more than one. At least this was probably the case during the first two or three generations. I have no idea what the DS and 3DS game cartridge tech specs are, but they still might not have enough room for multiple saves.

I can almost guarantee, though, that the reason is not because you could easily obtain all three starters. Considering the magnitude of having multiple save files, that's an extremely silly reason not to implement it. Plus you might not be able to directly trade between saves anyway.

Team in training:

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    I think the reason why they don't have multiple save files is due to the lack of memory in the cartridge required for more than one. At least this was probably the case during the first two or three generations. I have no idea what the DS and 3DS game cartridge tech specs are, but they still might not have enough room for multiple saves.

I can almost guarantee, though, that the reason is not because you could easily obtain all three starters. Considering the magnitude of having multiple save files, that's an extremely silly reason not to implement it. Plus you might not be able to directly trade between saves anyway.
    There is room for multiple saves. GF just doesn't want to.
    Why? Save exploitation.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There is room for multiple saves. GF just doesn't want to.
    Why? Save exploitation.
    Right, there might be room for saves now, but there probably wasn't room back in the 90's. It's a possibility that they realized they can sell more games by allowing only one save file, that seems like the kind of stingy business trick GF would pull.

Team in training:

I hoped they add a new pokemon box or ranch to the side...to get some special mons by the side!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I also want a pokemon X and pokemon Y demo in the eShop

Since they also did that with Pokemon mystery Dungeon
    nah, they wont do that. im pretty sure they wont.

Something not likely or really important, but would be cool. What if they took advantage of the 3d and more power to work with to make the evolution anination similar to the anime? Like you actually get to see them glow and morph right there.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I hoped they add a new pokemon box or ranch to the side...to get some special mons by the side!!
    This is really what I want with the whole multiple save files thing. Just a way of keeping the pokemon you've accumulated in some other place, without having to get another game to do so.

Picture this scenario: siblings who both enjoy pokemon, with multiple save files they could share a cartridge, but now they have to get two copies. Hence, they won't do multiple save files.

I'd love for them to somehow sync the new game with the Pokdex 3D whereby one could access stats for one's own pokemon from within the Pokedex which is perfect when planning new movesets etc and you don't want to browse through all your PC boxes. In general, the PC box system needs to go or be updated in some major way because right now we're still basically using the same system as back in the original Game Boy games.

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Hey, if you download the game from the E-shop, can't you just copy and paste your game data onto another sd card. So, can't you have copies of the same pokemon then?

Page 133 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast