Page 134 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Hey, if you download the game from the E-shop, can't you just copy and paste your game data onto another sd card. So, can't you have copies of the same pokemon then?
    I don't think that would work since the game itself and all of your data would be on that SD card, but I doubt they will actually sell the game in the E-shop. Unless you would have some method of cloning the SD card outside of the 3DS itself somehow? Pretty sure this will be one of the traditional cartridge releases.

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    I don't think that would work since the game itself and all of your data would be on that SD card, but I doubt they will actually sell the game in the E-shop. Unless you would have some method of cloning the SD card outside of the 3DS itself somehow? Pretty sure this will be one of the traditional cartridge releases.
    If they do make an X and Y 3DS XL limited edition, I won't be surprised if they include a downloaded X/Y game (given recent trends where Japan/Europe/NA got quite a few limited edition bundles). Imagine all the cloning potential lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If they do make an X and Y 3DS XL limited edition, I won't be surprised if they include a downloaded X/Y game (given recent trends where Japan/Europe/NA got quite a few limited edition bundles). Imagine all the cloning potential lol.
    For the Pokemon series games I actually prefer old fashion cartridges, but man, I so wish I could get a 3DS XL for the X&Y release. I pre-ordered the 3DS upon launch but I really regret that now... >_<

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Since Xy will probably downloadable, I'd like the ability to trade within the console. Since both games are most likely yours, then you could just select the Pokemon and boom! Also limit trading between games. I mean some people wimp out and just chuck in a lv.100 to storm the whole game!

If I can say something about graphical experience with new gen, I cant wait for all those little poke-guys in truly 3D! I mean 3D-effect! It will be totally amazing to look at every pokemon "through" console screen. Think about it, every catch will be more cool with having in pokeball something more than plain sprite... Truly 3D pokemon! IMO Immersive gameplay: MODE ON.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Since Xy will probably downloadable, I'd like the ability to trade within the console. Since both games are most likely yours, then you could just select the Pokemon and boom! Also limit trading between games. I mean some people wimp out and just chuck in a lv.100 to storm the whole game!
    GameFreak would never do this as preach connectivity over individualism, so they would rather keep trading between 2 players rather than one. However, if it becomes downloadable, this would make migration SO much easier as you could access the downloaded game AND insert a Gen V cart at the same time. And so what if people chuck in level 100s? What they do is their business not ours, limiting trading would be a terrible feature especially if you own both carts.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Hey, if you download the game from the E-shop, can't you just copy and paste your game data onto another sd card. So, can't you have copies of the same pokemon then?
    Yes, you can copy everything from one SD Card to another using your computer. BUT!
    You will only be able to play these games on the 3DS where they were originally downloaded.

So basically, you will not be able to use downloaded software on a different 3DS system other than yours.
    Nintendo knows that users will exploit this feature y'know.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Yes, you can copy everything from one SD Card to another using your computer. BUT!
    You will only be able to play these games on the 3DS where they were originally downloaded.

So basically, you will not be able to use downloaded software on a different 3DS system other than yours.
    Nintendo knows that users will exploit this feature y'know.
    Why would you want to copy them anyways? I see mine as one of a kind.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Why would you want to copy them anyways? I see mine as one of a kind.
    The ability to clone your own pokemon for trade food.

Or maybe when you start a new game, you can choose to keep the Pokemon from the previous game? Either all of them, one box, or a party of 6 or something.

It would work better if you could only gain access to them after beating the E4 (or after learning about the PC storage system in-game or something), so it doesn't mess with the beginning of the journey and everything.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

L
    Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    nah, they wont do that. im pretty sure they wont.
    The Demo's also helps to let people play pokemon who have never played pokemon to maybe buy them.
    It also makes some big hype.

Let's say there is a class whit some kids who have a 3ds and like pokemon.
    If one kid shows the demo, the other kids will adk their parents.

And also almost every game on the 3ds had a demo.

So just give some reasons why they wouldn't make a Demo for X and Y or atleast make a 3D video

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    L

The Demo's also helps to let people play pokemon who have never played pokemon to maybe buy them.
    It also makes some big hype.

Let's say there is a class whit some kids who have a 3ds and like pokemon.
    If one kid shows the demo, the other kids will adk their parents.

And also almost every game on the 3ds had a demo.
    Well even BW had a Japanese demo which revealed Patrat and Tranquill.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

I'm not really entirely sure about the gameplay. I mean, I know that GameFreak are moving up in terms of graphics and features but will nobody else miss playing with sprites? And judging by trailer, I think the Pokemon themselves look a lot more rounded, which in my opinion affects their aesthetic value.

All the same, I think it look awesome, I think for me, it's just that there will be less of a nostalgic value in the games, but I understand that they are trying to adapt to the new technology and younger generations that are starting to get involved in Pokemon.
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/30rslyh.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Placa View Post
    I'm not really entirely sure about the gameplay. I mean, I know that GameFreak are moving up in terms of graphics and features but will nobody else miss playing with sprites? And judging by trailer, I think the Pokemon themselves look a lot more rounded, which in my opinion affects their aesthetic value.

All the same, I think it look awesome, I think for me, it's just that there will be less of a nostalgic value in the games, but I understand that they are trying to adapt to the new technology and younger generations that are starting to get involved in Pokemon.
    That's true. But they must move ahead if they want to keep pace with the times. I still hope, but not expect that somehow sprites will still be in the games. The menu icons will always be sprites and maybe the Pokédex will also have sprites.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

I really hope we don't get the same bland tutortal in 6th gen..yeah i know it's for the pepole who never played Pokemon..how about in Medium Mode and Hard Mode (Hard is unlocked after you have beaten the game), that includes no tutorial..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I really hope we don't get the same bland tutortal in 6th gen..yeah i know it's for the pepole who never played Pokemon..how about in Medium Mode and Hard Mode (Hard is unlocked after you have beaten the game), that includes no tutorial..
    I think there should be an option at the start of the game to select whether you want advice at the start of the game or not. It's really boring to go through the same boring tutorials in every generation.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I think there should be an option at the start of the game to select whether you want advice at the start of the game or not. It's really boring to go through the same boring tutorials in every generation.
    No, it's even worse: in every game.

I think we should have difficulty options right at the start of a new game; Challenge Mode would give you no tutorials and no free set of Poké Balls at the beginning, go ahead and buy them you lazy punk, they don't come for free

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I think we should have difficulty options right at the start of a new game; Challenge Mode would give you no tutorials and no free set of Poké Balls at the beginning, go ahead and buy them you lazy punk, they don't come for free
    Sorry, I'm actually poor at the beginning but yeah BW2 really screwed up the difficulty setting options. I shouldn't have to beat the Champion just to unlock a key that makes the game harder. A choice in the beginning would have been a much better solution then making them version exclusive which was another flaw in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The ability to clone your own pokemon for trade food.
    Agh, I could never do that. It'd feel like trading the originals away.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Hi all,

I haven't been reading all the thread pages so forgive me if this has been said before but how do you think the streetpass will be used?

I'd like to see a mystery gift return using this technology or maybe even a trade pkmn box with criteria for trade preset by you.

How would you like to see it used ?

Currently working on a Zelda Fan Series

X and Y are making me feel like picking up my Blue cartridge when I was young...
    A new start.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingBoulevard View Post
    Hi all,

I haven't been reading all the thread pages so forgive me if this has been said before but how do you think the streetpass will be used?

I'd like to see a mystery gift return using this technology or maybe even a trade pkmn box with criteria for trade preset by you.

How would you like to see it used ?
    Mystery gift was fun. Do you mean we can trade a whole box?

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    What, and miss yet another first route shiny? That Hoothoot in Silver was bad enough.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by DestroyerOfWorlds View Post
    What, and miss yet another first route shiny? That Hoothoot in Silver was bad enough.
    Dang, that would suck. I've always feared that. I love how in hg ss they give you potions right away.

-My younger brother

Have new moves been brought up in this thread yet? Because I noticed that every even-numbered generation so far has introduced an entry hazard. What do you think? Will X and Y vex competitive play with "Live Coals" or type swaps of Stealth Rock? Personally, I hope for sneaky vines because I just hate Quagsire.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 134 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast