Page 135 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DestroyerOfWorlds View Post
    Have new moves been brought up in this thread yet? Because I noticed that every even-numbered generation so far has introduced an entry hazard. What do you think? Will X and Y vex competitive play with "Live Coals" or type swaps of Stealth Rock? Personally, I hope for sneaky vines because I just hate Quagsire.
    I'm surprised this doesn't exist, actually. It makes more sense than floating rocks.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I'm surprised this doesn't exist, actually. It makes more sense than floating rocks.
    Surely. My predictions:

Grass: Spiky Root
    Fire: Something to do with coal.
    Psychic: Distortion in the air.
    Ghost or Dark: Unidentified shadows appeared behind your team! Flinch instead of damage maybe?
    Water: Can't think of anything suitable...
    Think of some more...

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Surely. My predictions:

Ghost or Dark: Unidentified shadows appeared behind your team! Flinch instead of damage maybe?
    Think of some more...
    I like these.

Water could be deep/seaweedy, lowers speed of all except water.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

When I suggested the double save feature I wasn't thinking about the internal save problem... Well, the solution: have the games with their serial number saved in the ROM, so that it is impossible to do anything on the GTS. Then there's the other thing: double the fun... well, I don't think it is exactly that, as one could start a new game on a normal cartridge. There's a difference, but not that much - and then comparing with all the (minor) problems caused by having just a single save file... seriously, I would like GF to at least think about this.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

Wink

Mystery gift was fun. Do you mean we can trade a whole box?
    Well I mean one "streetpass box" where you put up to 10 pkmn with each of them having trade criteria reminiscent of the Global Trade mechanic.

e.g. level, gender, what pokemon you want in return etc.

and if you come across someone with a pkmn in his or her tradebox that matches one of yours and vice versa, then streetpass will do the magic!

Or if that's too much, I just want to see mystery gift happening through streetpass without you even doing anything!

Wouldn't it be cool to come home from a convention and seeing 35 new items thnx to the magic of streetpass?!

Currently working on a Zelda Fan Series

X and Y are making me feel like picking up my Blue cartridge when I was young...
    A new start.

I really would like to see a new battle type, called Freestyle. In Freestyle, there are no turns. You can move your pokemon with the circle-pad (flick to dash), jump with L, block with R, and attack with A, B, X, Y. Down arrow swaps pokemon to the pokemon below on the roster. Up arrow does the opposite.

In Nintendo Wifi, not only can you engage in the standard modes in Freestyle, but there is also is a 6v6 mode for 12 players to join. This includes different objectives to accomplish, such as Capture the Flag and King of the Hill.

If possible, this could be a new game-mode in the standard game where every battle is like this!

Quote Originally Posted by oventoaster View Post
    I really would like to see a new battle type, called Freestyle. In Freestyle, there are no turns. You can move your pokemon with the circle-pad (flick to dash), jump with L, block with R, and attack with A, B, X, Y. Down arrow swaps pokemon to the pokemon below on the roster. Up arrow does the opposite.

In Nintendo Wifi, not only can you engage in the standard modes in Freestyle, but there is also is a 6v6 mode for 12 players to join. This includes different objectives to accomplish, such as Capture the Flag and King of the Hill.

If possible, this could be a new game-mode in the standard game where every battle is like this!
    It doesnt even sound Pokemon man, its like a whole new game.

and btw, i love that it only allows us just one save file. Think of it as your own journey, with every step that you make you must not regret. Life is a one time journey, so is Pokemon.

You know what would chance he competitve scene completly..the removal of Stealth Rock..

More than anything I am hoping they fix the trading system & some way to detect Pokemon altered via 3rd party programs such as Pokegen/Pokesav. Tired of GTS being filled with hacked pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Surely. My predictions:

Think of some more...
    Well, I like these. Maybe Ice that freezes the ground, either freezing opponents, or lowering Accuracy and Evasion?

Quote Originally Posted by GamingBoulevard View Post
    Well I mean one "streetpass box" where you put up to 10 pkmn with each of them having trade criteria reminiscent of the Global Trade mechanic.

e.g. level, gender, what pokemon you want in return etc.

and if you come across someone with a pkmn in his or her tradebox that matches one of yours and vice versa, then streetpass will do the magic!

Or if that's too much, I just want to see mystery gift happening through streetpass without you even doing anything!

Wouldn't it be cool to come home from a convention and seeing 35 new items thnx to the magic of streetpass?!
    Wow. This seems... Amazing. I would love to see this in a game, even though Streetpass isn't too used outside JP.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainer Nova View Post
    More than anything I am hoping they fix the trading system & some way to detect Pokemon altered via 3rd party programs such as Pokegen/Pokesav. Tired of GTS being filled with hacked pokemon.
    Preach! I am so fed up with the obsession with perfect pokemon that drives people to hack. Breeding and hunting for the pokemon you need is much more of a challenge, plus it's so boring facing people whose pokemon are obviously hacked and who quit battles because you don't follow some ridiculous tier system, Smogon, etc. The whole Smogon EV/IV hype is killing all the fun of putting together a team with one's favourites, which is how Pokemon should be. /rant

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    Preach! I am so fed up with the obsession with perfect pokemon that drives people to hack. Breeding and hunting for the pokemon you need is much more of a challenge, plus it's so boring facing people whose pokemon are obviously hacked and who quit battles because you don't follow some ridiculous tier system, Smogon, etc. The whole Smogon EV/IV hype is killing all the fun of putting together a team with one's favourites, which is how Pokemon should be. /rant
    Smogon is ridiculous. They compare every pokemon to legendaries or pseudos. Choice scarf/band/specs, whatever is the only item in their eyes, hardly ever give you anything to cover weakness, and wonder why your donphan's being owned by golduck.

-My younger brother

You do know Smogon isn't killing the gameplay at all right? They are not forcing you to follow their rules nor are they trying to change you. It's a community that is actually a great start for newcomers to competitive Pokemon plus they aren't stopping you from using your favorites, it's just that doing so doesn't make you truly competitive. You have to forgo your Butterfree for Yanmega if you want to win. If you want to use your favorites, just battle someone else who has the same tastes as you, really isn't that hard. Speaking of Yanmega, give it Quiver Dance lol.

I'm very sorry for mini-modding, but I simply don't want to sit through this debate. Please don't argue about competitive Vs. casual in this thread, not only is it very off-topic, but nobody is ever going to win this argument. Private message them, make another thread, do whatever; just keep this stupid debate out of the X/Y thread.

However, let's talk about putting some kind of filter on random match up. So that if some kids wants to battle at the beginning of the game with his level 5 starter and a bunch of level 3 birds, he can have an option that allows him to do that. I don't think it matters with Wifi in general, I just think random matchup needs some adjustment for those who are just looking for a casual match.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

You do realize that Smogon did not invent EVs/IVs? They merely broke down the system of the mechanics that was already in the game to allow veterans to take full advantage of the EV and IV system. This is partly GameFreak's fault for making it invisible in the first place. So you're going to lambaste the trainers who actually want to maximize their offensive/defensive stats? Also, who's to say that the Pokemon they're using is not their favourites? Additionally, you can legitimately get flawless Pokemon...but people don't want to learn because of the high learning curve that comes with it.

Smogon is ridiculous. They compare every pokemon to legendaries or pseudos. Choice scarf/band/specs, whatever is the only item in their eyes, hardly ever give you anything to cover weakness, and wonder why your donphan's being owned by golduck.
    I'm sorry but this is totally wrong. They don't even compare the pokemon in question to the legendary in any of their analyses (unless you're looking at ubers analyses, then ofc they will compare with other legendaries to see if its outclassed/etc.). Common sense, why would they compare a pokemon to a legendary, when that legendary is of a different tier? It doesn't even add anything to constructively criticize the Pokemon. What they're actually comparing is the Pokemon in question, in relation to the trends of the tier (Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU etc). For instance, an OU Pokemon like Tornadus-T is banned to ubers because the responsible voters acknowledge that it overcentralized the metagame in OU, meaning that it was unhealthy. All they're trying to do is attempt to create a stable and healthy metagame. And more importantly, they're placing Pokemon in tiers that they believe will achieve its maximum potential, it doesn't mean you have to follow it though since Nintendo/GameFreak never were responsible for creating competitive Pokemon.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 27th March 2013 at 8:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    You do realize that Smogon did not invent EVs/IVs? They merely broke down the system of the mechanics that was already in the game to allow veterans to take full advantage of the EV and IV system. This is partly GameFreak's fault for making it invisible in the first place. So you're going to lambaste the trainers who actually want to maximize their offensive/defensive stats? Also, who's to say that the Pokemon they're using is not their favourites? Additionally, you can legitimately get flawless Pokemon...but people don't want to learn because of the high learning curve that comes with it.

I'm sorry but this is totally wrong. They don't even compare the pokemon in question to the legendary in any of their analyses (unless you're looking at ubers analyses, then ofc they will compare with other legendaries to see if its outclassed/etc.). Common sense, why would they compare a pokemon to a legendary, when that legendary is of a different tier? It doesn't even add anything to constructively criticize the Pokemon. What they're actually comparing is the Pokemon in question, in relation to the trends of the tier (Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU etc). For instance, an OU Pokemon like Tornadus-T is banned to ubers because the responsible voters acknowledge that it overcentralized the metagame in OU, meaning that it was unhealthy. All they're trying to do is attempt to create a stable and healthy metagame. And more importantly, they're placing Pokemon in tiers that they believe will achieve its maximum potential, it doesn't mean you have to follow it though since Nintendo/GameFreak never were responsible for creating competitive Pokemon.
    While; they're not actively comparing. you get the vibe. That unless you have 500 speed and atk, you're a crappy pokemon. Its like if a teacher was insulting you, but trying to cover it up in criticism and sarcasm

Also, everyone comlpains that pseudo/legendaries, other ubers are sent there or banned. Its kind of sad when people say their whole team is banned.

While the tiers are nice so some jerk doesn't try to use a team of ubers on butterfree or mightyena or something, it has created an aura of superiority around people who use ubers. Even if people on this site or others ask for in game help, they are given sometimes a whole page of either how its in such a low tier it shouldn't be used, or saying their pokemon were much better give their smogon move set.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by oventoaster View Post

More like a new spin-off game, I'd say. I don't see that happening in the main series.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Being able to save in the middle of battles sure would be a nice a little touch, though I don't think that really relates to gameplay much. Actually, I wish they would modify the game to where when you fly, you don't just automatically transport to whatever location, but you actually fly through the air. You get to encounter wild pokemon in the sky just like you would while using surf. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelis ventus View Post
    Actually, I wish they would modify the game to where when you fly, you don't just automatically transport to whatever location, but you actually fly through the air. You get to encounter wild pokemon in the sky just like you would while using surf. That would be awesome.
    That would kinda defeat the point of flying.

If you need to travel all the way to where you want to go and fight wild Pokémon on your way, you might as well go walking.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Being able to save in the middle of battles sure would be a nice a little touch, though I don't think that really relates to gameplay much. Actually, I wish they would modify the game to where when you fly, you don't just automatically transport to whatever location, but you actually fly through the air. You get to encounter wild pokemon in the sky just like you would while using surf. That would be awesome.
    Eh, as long as there's not random encounters, that'd be cool.

-My younger brother

I don't want to beat this topic to death since someone correctly pointed out that I was indeed OT in bringing it up in the first place, but I just want to respond to the comments on my post.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    You do know Smogon isn't killing the gameplay at all right? They are not forcing you to follow their rules nor are they trying to change you. It's a community that is actually a great start for newcomers to competitive Pokemon plus they aren't stopping you from using your favorites, it's just that doing so doesn't make you truly competitive. You have to forgo your Butterfree for Yanmega if you want to win. If you want to use your favorites, just battle someone else who has the same tastes as you, really isn't that hard. Speaking of Yanmega, give it Quiver Dance lol.
    Of course no one is forcing me, but I just think the game should be played like it was meant to; by imposing things like evasion clause and sleep clause they're changing the game, but not for the better. They claim that they're making the game more skill-based when, in fact, the game always relied on skill AND chance, with critical hits being the best example. That's just the mechanics of Pokemon. It's annoying when people quit battles because one doesn't follow their tiers, their clauses, etc. like they were law.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Duh, of course I realise they didn't invent it and I never said that they did, but let's not pretend like the past few years hasn't seen an increased emphasis on PERFECT pokemon, which indeed is understandable for competitive players, but, again, it's boring when that hype which I do attribute to the likes of Smogon permeates the entire community to the point where hacking becomes very common, because, let's be honest--hacking is very common.

Feel free to PM me if you disagree or whatever, but this is all I have to say about this topic in this thread.

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That would kinda defeat the point of flying.

If you need to travel all the way to where you want to go and fight wild Pokémon on your way, you might as well go walking.
    What if they made it to where it was just the cloudy areas for example? You could navigate your way through, but if you wanted to catch pokemon, you could fly through the clouds. Plus it wouldn't defeat the purpose of flying, HM's are used to get to place you wouldn't normally be able to get to. It would just make it not as quick. I'm just thinking if they opened up the air to players they could explore an entirely different avenue of gameplay. Traveling through wind tunnels and currents, etc. I don't know. I think it would be cool.

I don't want to beat this topic to death since someone correctly pointed out that I was indeed OT in bringing it up in the first place, but I just want to respond to the comments on my post.

Of course no one is forcing me, but I just think the game should be played like it was meant to; by imposing things like evasion clause and sleep clause they're changing the game, but not for the better. They claim that they're making the game more skill-based when, in fact, the game always relied on skill AND chance, with critical hits being the best example. That's just the mechanics of Pokemon. It's annoying when people quit battles because one doesn't follow their tiers, their clauses, etc. like they were law.

Duh, of course I realise they didn't invent it and I never said that they did, but let's not pretend like the past few years hasn't seen an increased emphasis on PERFECT pokemon, which indeed is understandable for competitive players, but, again, it's boring when that hype which I do attribute to the likes of Smogon permeates the entire community to the point where hacking becomes very common, because, let's be honest--hacking is very common.

Feel free to PM me if you disagree or whatever, but this is all I have to say about this topic in this thread.
    It gets boring seeing the same 10 pokemon. Probably hacked, as everyone apparently needs max everything pokemon. And apparently lots of people think pokesav is no big deal.

Moving on, I think there should be an item that lets you have no wild pokemon. I know that one tag lowers it, and so does a couple abilities, but a held item like this would make my day.

-My younger brother

What if they made it to where it was just the cloudy areas for example? You could navigate your way through, but if you wanted to catch pokemon, you could fly through the clouds. Plus it wouldn't defeat the purpose of flying, HM's are used to get to place you wouldn't normally be able to get to. It would just make it not as quick. I'm just thinking if they opened up the air to players they could explore an entirely different avenue of gameplay. Traveling through wind tunnels and currents, etc. I don't know. I think it would be cool.
    They can better make "flying spots", go to menu, Pokemon, Fly and select a "flying spot" on the map, if you want to go to a city, just select the city.
    Easy!
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

People bashing the competitive scene always baffles me. If you don't like it, stay away from it. Simple as that.

Page 135 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast