Page 136 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I want more poison type moves, allowing poison types to be able to compete.
    Two moves id potentially like would be moves like poison punch, poison fang, acid rain- (being a move like rain dance hail and sandstorm)
    I'd also want more steel attack moves, I can't think of many examples, but there's not too many steel moves.
    Maybe like iron fist, or metal blast, or steel shock?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I want more poison type moves, allowing poison types to be able to compete.
    Two moves id potentially like would be moves like poison punch, poison fang, acid rain- (being a move like rain dance hail and sandstorm)
    I'd also want more steel attack moves, I can't think of many examples, but there's not too many steel moves.
    Maybe like iron fist, or metal blast, or steel shock?
    Poison Punch, I think Toxic Punch sounds better.
    Poison Fang already exists.
    Acid rain, damages all types except poison. Steel is resistance for poison, but Acid Rain can damage them with a double weakness. (Because it will erode)

For steel we have:
    Bulletpunch
    Doomdesire
    Flashcannon
    Gyroball
    Geargrind
    Heavyslam
    Ironhead
    Irontail
    Magnetbomb
    Metalburst
    Metalclaw
    Meteormash
    Mirrorshot
    Steelwing

So I don't think its necessary, but Metal Blast sounds cool!
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Poison. Fang is already a move, and iron fist is an ability.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    Poison. Fang is already a move, and iron fist is an ability.
    My apologies,
    And @roy9 yeah acid rain could damage all types but poison(maybe water too), power up poison moves, and idk I like the sound of poison punch,
    Also maybe it's just I'm replaying ruby and there's not alot of steel moves, but it could use another move or two? Metal blast, not sure how it'd look, maybe sort of like fire blast, but a silver beam? With a name like that you can't go wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    My apologies,
    And @roy9 yeah acid rain could damage all types but poison(maybe water too), power up poison moves, and idk I like the sound of poison punch,
    Also maybe it's just I'm replaying ruby and there's not alot of steel moves, but it could use another move or two? Metal blast, not sure how it'd look, maybe sort of like fire blast, but a silver beam? With a name like that you can't go wrong :P
    Yeah, I think Metal Blast (if its going to exist) will look like this:
    First, you see an silver colored version of charge, and then you see something like Ice Beam (anime version) but then metal/silverish.
    90 Base Power, 100 accuracy, side affect is raising sp.Atk, because the charge first.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    First, you see an silver colored version of charge, and then you see something like Ice Beam (anime version) but then metal/silverish.
    90 Base Power, 100 accuracy, side affect is raising sp.Atk, because the charge first.
    Haha yeah that'd be an awesome attack!

Default Plot twist

Every pokemon except fennekin will be fire/fighting.

That'd be sweet. Do we have a special steel?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Yes,Magnezone,Empoleon,Jirachi...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Yes,Magnezone,Empoleon,Jirachi...
    Heatran, Probopass, Lucario...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Sorry my mistake. I thought empoleon was physical? must be close I guess.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

We have Magnezone, Empoleon can do some special attacks, Heatran can, we also have Lucario.
    And Dialga, Genesect and Jirachi.
    So they can better make one.

Sorry my mistake. I thought empoleon was physical? must be close I guess.
    No, Empoleon has 111 sp.Atk and 86 Atk

No, Empoleon has 111 sp.Atk and 86 Atk
    Huh, well my bad.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    Duh, of course I realise they didn't invent it and I never said that they did, but let's not pretend like the past few years hasn't seen an increased emphasis on PERFECT pokemon, which indeed is understandable for competitive players, but, again, it's boring when that hype which I do attribute to the likes of Smogon permeates the entire community to the point where hacking becomes very common, because, let's be honest--hacking is very common.
    Yeah, but it's not like EVERYONE is hacking...Yes it is common, but there are people who legitimately acquire perfect pokemon through RNG.

While; they're not actively comparing. you get the vibe. That unless you have 500 speed and atk, you're a crappy pokemon. Its like if a teacher was insulting you, but trying to cover it up in criticism and sarcasm

Also, everyone comlpains that pseudo/legendaries, other ubers are sent there or banned. Its kind of sad when people say their whole team is banned.

While the tiers are nice so some jerk doesn't try to use a team of ubers on butterfree or mightyena or something, it has created an aura of superiority around people who use ubers. Even if people on this site or others ask for in game help, they are given sometimes a whole page of either how its in such a low tier it shouldn't be used, or saying their pokemon were much better give their smogon move set.
    That speaks more to the power creep of the game itself rather than the tiers in smogon. I mean, you compare some of the pokemon we have in Unova, to the previous generation pokemon, and you see that the speed/power and even abilities of legendaries/pseudos and even regular pokemon keeps increasing. I don't get that vibe at all, I never see in any of their analyses where they actively crap on any pokemon while comparing the superior ones. If anything, they only criticize the speed and power of the pokemon insofar as they consider the trends of the the tier itself, asking whether or not it will be effective (or whether it will overcentralize the meta to the point of unhealthiness). But that doesn't mean you have to base your selection on whether they think its an effective pokemon in the tier. They're merely giving you what to be cautious of with each pokemon.

I wouldn't blame smogon for the superiority of people...it's their own fault that they're being so cocky (some of whom I bet are uber noobs and would probably get swept by experienced non-meta players). Their skill set also has to be taken into perspective too. This is probably one of those people who only reads analyses/uses legendaries but lack skill and/or experience to play.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Yeah, but it's not like EVERYONE is hacking...Yes it is common, but there are people who legitimately acquire perfect pokemon through RNG.

That speaks more to the power creep of the game itself rather than the tiers in smogon. I mean, you compare some of the pokemon we have in Unova, to the previous generation pokemon, and you see that the speed/power and even abilities of legendaries/pseudos and even regular pokemon keeps increasing. I don't get that vibe at all, I never see in any of their analyses where they actively crap on any pokemon while comparing the superior ones. If anything, they only criticize the speed and power of the pokemon insofar as they consider the trends of the the tier itself, asking whether or not it will be effective (or whether it will overcentralize the meta to the point of unhealthiness). But that doesn't mean you have to base your selection on whether they think its an effective pokemon in the tier. They're merely giving you what to be cautious of with each pokemon.

I wouldn't blame smogon for the superiority of people...it's their own fault that they're being so cocky (some of whom I bet are uber noobs and would probably get swept by experienced non-meta players). Their skill set also has to be taken into perspective too. This is probably one of those people who only reads analyses/uses legendaries but lack skill and/or experience to play.
    The all arceus people are hilarious.

But moving on, anyone like my held item idea?

-My younger brother

The all arceus people are hilarious.
    Replies like this just further cements that he's right and you're wrong.

And your held item idea isn't really needed, with B2W2s repel mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Replies like this just further cements that he's right and you're wrong.

And your held item idea isn't really needed, with B2W2s repel mechanic.
    I don't think either one of us is 'wrong'.

It'd be better than buying all those.

-My younger brother

I don't think either one of us is 'wrong'.

It'd be better than buying all those.
    Not really, a held item would occupy an item slot your Pokemon could use for a better item.

Not really, a held item would occupy an item slot your Pokemon could use for a better item.
    Most in game, pre e4 held items aren't that great.

-My younger brother

Most in game, pre e4 held items aren't that great.
    That may be so, but I'd rather use a not so great Scope Lens in-game while keeping Max Repels on repeat, than having to switch around an infinite held Max Repel.

That may be so, but I'd rather use a not so great Scope Lens in-game while keeping Max Repels on repeat, than having to switch around an infinite held Max Repel.
    Eh, I guess I'm always at least ten level higher than the in game guys, that held items don't have much use until the e4. I just hate how some areas are filled with pokemon.

-My younger brother

I am hoping for lost of post-story gameplay
    like something like the Sevii Islands and other parts of the region you couldn't go to before
    also i want to be able to rebattle gym leaders daily after you beat the league the second time or even the first

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I am hoping for lost of post-story gameplay
    like something like the Sevii Islands and other parts of the region you couldn't go to before
    also i want to be able to rebattle gym leaders daily after you beat the league the second time or even the first
    I'd love more islands.

Hopefully without the way they did it in hg/ss.

-My younger brother

yeah i would like something like that
    also i really like foretree city i hope they do another city similar XD

Page 136 of 526 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast