Page 14 of 526 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    They said "Some" old Pokemon will be catchable in the game.
    Was this said in the trailer? If so I keep missing it lol, I just re watched it.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    It would PO a ton of people if they showed 5 different Pokemon and none of them were in game.
    They've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    They said "Some" old Pokemon will be catchable in the game.
    I'd like to know where/who said this as well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    Are you talking about how the video showed old pokemon, cause that could just mean that they did not want to show off any other new pokemon yet.

But if I missed something sorry lol.
    What you said is true, but it seems highly likely that previous generation Pokemon are in-game. For example, the trainer running into Pikachu and the statue with Golurk/Palpitoad/Eevee. It's not confirmed, but being post-E4 seems unlikely.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    What you said is true, but it seems highly likely that previous generation Pokemon are in-game. For example, the trainer running into Pikachu and the statue with Golurk/Palpitoad/Eevee. It's not confirmed, but being post-E4 seems unlikely.
    Well I am hoping you can catch older pokemon, I want to, I just don't want to get my hopes up in till something is said for sure.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I thought we saw ledges in the trailer anyway?

Cookies to the first person who can spot the ledge.

If these are replacing the ledges I can see how they could work, sliding down but really hard to climb back up...they're kinda big though, take off 1-2 layers and it would be perfect
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

The only Pokemon that seems likely is Pikachu, even that's just a wild guess, but I think they only used place holders. I mean why would they have Froakie fighting a fully evolved Pokemon?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    The only Pokemon that seems likely is Pikachu, even that's just a wild guess, but I think they only used place holders. I mean why would they have Froakie fighting a fully evolved Pokemon?
    In tall grass out of all places, no less. I personally think there will be older Pokémon pre-E4, but not all of the ones showcased in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'd like to know where/who said this as well.
    Iwata stated it in the Nintendo Direct announcement.

Skip to 10:43.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Golurk was conveniently in the neighbourhood?

There's some other plausible Pokemon, like Meinfoo, Audino, Dratini, Munchlax, Psyduck, Litwick and Palpitoad.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

But why would they choose Golurk of all things as a filler? I can understand them choosing patrat and magikarp because those are extremely basic, but Golurk isn't. They could have put anything, but they put a fully evolved Golurk as nothing more than filler.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Black and White used the unevolved starters for quite some time. I think at one point they were even at level fifty and battling evolved Pokmon.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    It could be a gym set in a Volcano, it would explain the towers of fire.
    It seems more like an Elite 4 room, the rooms is big, didn't see anybody else in it and the Elite 4's room always had some flashy feature which the flaming towers would fit in to
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    But why would they choose Golurk of all things as a filler? I can understand them choosing patrat and magikarp because those are extremely basic, but Golurk isn't. They could have put anything, but they put a fully evolved Golurk as nothing more than filler.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Black and White used the unevolved starters for quite some time. I think at one point they were even at level fifty and battling evolved Pokmon.
    Ah, I see the logic behind Golurk, since it was also seen in that big statue and battled. The others just seem random, but I do think we'll see more Pre-Gen before the E-4.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I wonder if because of the 3D, we'll start to see more of the VS faces? If you look at them on the DS games, they would be perfect for the 3DS. They could easily make them pop-out. So I wonder if more characters will get them? In the older games certain characters didn't one, like Cynthia in B/W/B2/W2, even though you would think she would. So I wonder if other Cynthia-esque characters will get one too this time around? Or maybe even everyone that you can battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

Gotcha, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    It seems more like an Elite 4 room, the rooms is big, didn't see anybody else in it and the Elite 4's room always had some flashy feature which the flaming towers would fit in to
    When I saw that room in the trailer it screamed Pokemon League to me.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

Thanks, I missed that, only because to me that could still mean after you beat the main story, like in other games. But I am hoping that meant before, thanks for pointing that out.

When I saw that room in the trailer it screamed Pokemon League to me.
    Me too, lol, my brother did not think so, but I do.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Thanks, I missed that, only because to me that could still mean after you beat the main story, like in other games. But I am hoping that meant before, thanks for pointing that out.

Me too, lol, my brother did not think so, but I do.
    yeah i think the fire room is from the PL but what about the webby room?
    that seems like a gym thing to me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Ya I am going to say that is a Bug type gym, and that means we could get a new Spider pokemon.

Back home! TO HOENN!

That is almost certainly a Gym, since you can see multiple trainers around.

Ya I am going to say that is a Bug type gym, and that means we could get a new Spider pokemon.
    probably, but we just got a new spider pokemon.
    That is almost certainly a Gym, since you can see multiple trainers around.
    noted.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'm convinced the scene where the protagonist is seen swinging on the vines is in a gym also whether it's the same as the web gym I don't know... And I'm sure you guys have noticed in that scene the protagonist doesn't have his glasses, when he's swinging on the vines.

Watch the trailer again and pay attention just before he leaps for the vine, he jumps out of his glasses and leaves them floating in mid air...

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    I'm convinced the scene where the protagonist is seen swinging on the vines is in a gym also whether it's the same as the web gym I don't know... And I'm sure you guys have noticed in that scene the protagonist doesn't have his glasses, when he's swinging on the vines.

Watch the trailer again and pay attention just before he leaps for the vine, he jumps out of his glasses and leaves them floating in mid air...
    I think that's probably a glitch at this point. I can't think of any reason that would be intended.

I think that's probably a glitch at this point. I can't think of any reason that would be intended.
    agreed.
    but then again, you would think that they would be more careful/thorough before releasing a video.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    You know what? That gets me thinking. Why would the classes come off in the first place? If they were a solid part of his design, wouldn't the glasses be physically connected to the hat? Unless it's an accessory that you can add on! Some people see it as evidence against customization, but I honestly think that it is evidence that is further proof. Plus that also means that there is a model for just the hat with no accessories

agreed.
    but then again, you would think that they would be more careful/thorough before releasing a video.
    even if it's glitched, it confirms the model exists, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    You know what? That gets me thinking. Why would the classes come off in the first place? If they were a solid part of his design, wouldn't the glasses be physically connected to the hat? Unless it's an accessory that you can add on! Some people see it as evidence against customization, but I honestly think that it is evidence that is further proof. Plus that also means that there is a model for just the hat with no accessories
    Yeah I agree! Somebody mentioned the same thing in the character speculation thread, I thought it was just a glitch when I first saw it but when you put it that way it does make you wonder why it's not apart of his solid design... (Please, oh Arceus please customization)

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Page 14 of 526 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast