Page 145 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't think Team Rocket will play a huge role in this game. Maybe they can have a cameo appearance or a post game subplot at best, but we probably won't be seeing them much.

Probably collapse and be recalled. Isn't that what they did in Stadium? If they can do it there, they can probably pull it off here.
    I would like to see some animation for them fainting and attacks missing

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

after watching the footage from yesterday, i noticed that with certain attacks, mewthing used different gestures, like pushing it's hand forward when it used blizzard, and slashing it's arm across when it used psycho cut. I really hope this means that they put more effort into making the animations unique when they attack. Battle revolution was a step in the right direction with it separating physical and special move animations.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    after watching the footage from yesterday, i noticed that with certain attacks, mewthing used different gestures, like pushing it's hand forward when it used blizzard, and slashing it's arm across when it used psycho cut. I really hope this means that they put more effort into making the animations unique when they attack. Battle revolution was a step in the right direction with it separating physical and special move animations.
    Be a pain in the arse to do that for Mew and Smeargle
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Be a pain in the arse to do that for Mew and Smeargle
    true true, maybe not every move...(i for one would like seeing diglett use aerial ace)
    Friends are family you choose

I think maybe the more powerful psychic Pokémon shouldn't move for their attacks. Mewthree could just kinda stand there and shut its eyes and a ball of energy could just materialize in front of his head and shoot out. After all, Mewtwo's Dex entry says he stands perfectly still to conserve energy.

Also, I don't think burned Pokémon should be engulfed in flames. Maybe just some scorched fur/skin/scales/feathers. This is a game played by children, after all.
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto or clone thereof. Check my trade shop for a list.

I have all available Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies and dabble in events, with plans for Pokémon in special/bank balls.

Quote Originally Posted by pokéfan2074 View Post
    I think maybe the more powerful psychic Pokémon shouldn't move for their attacks. Mewthree could just kinda stand there and shut its eyes and a ball of energy could just materialize in front of his head and shoot out. After all, Mewtwo's Dex entry says he stands perfectly still to conserve energy.
    It would be awkward if Newwo and Mewtwo just stood stil. And the Dex entry for Shedinja says that whoever looks into the back of it's shell loses their soul. Well, I've seen the back of a Shedinja and I'm pretty positive I still have my soul...
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    I would like to see some animation for them fainting and attacks missing
    Yeah, I'm getting bored of Pokémon disappearing into the ground when fainting. Maybe they collapse and you can simply return a Pokémon back into its Pokéball.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    It would be awkward if Newwo and Mewtwo just stood stil. And the Dex entry for Shedinja says that whoever looks into the back of it's shell loses their soul. Well, I've seen the back of a Shedinja and I'm pretty positive I still have my soul...
    That's stated as being like a folk legend. Also, I think Shedinja is supposed to not move either.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto or clone thereof. Check my trade shop for a list.

1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies and dabble in events, with plans for Pokémon in special/bank balls.

That's stated as being like a folk legend. Also, I think Shedinja is supposed to not move either.
    Of course it's supposed to move? It may be a shell but it's still a Pokémon.

Just a guess about attacks. If this is a new form with the same move set (or mostly in any case), the attacks in order are most likely Psystrike/Psyshock, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Psycho Cut, and Aura Sphere. All of these seem plausible based on the video and all are currently learnable moves for Mewtwo. This makes it unlikely that it will be a Mewthree as some people are suggesting. WHY they've added a new form for Mewtwo is the question, not whether or not it's a new Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSerperior View Post
    I think it'd be cool if in X and Y when Pokemon avoid attacks, or attacks miss, there is an animation showing the attack missing or the other Pokemon leaping out of the way.
    I think they should finally change it from missing to avoiding and have evasion play a bigger part in attacks/abilities. Especially the missing-avoiding. I am getting incredibly freaking tired of seeing that my Pokemon just up and missed their Fire Blast/Thunder/Hyper Beam/Other strong move. I mean come on, you don't just MISS a non-moving Metapod with an unstoppable ball of fiery fury.
    Last edited by Wulava; 8th April 2013 at 2:28 AM. Reason: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Just a guess about attacks. If this is a new form with the same move set (or mostly in any case), the attacks in order are most likely Psystrike/Psyshock, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Psycho Cut, and Aura Sphere. All of these seem plausible based on the video and all are currently learnable moves for Mewtwo. This makes it unlikely that it will be a Mewthree as some people are suggesting. WHY they've added a new form for Mewtwo is the question, not whether or not it's a new Pokémon.
    Actually, the last move is NOT Aura Sphere, as that move was used by Mienfoo in the first Trailer. I think the last move is a new move TBD.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Also, I don't think burned Pokémon should be engulfed in flames. Maybe just some scorched fur/skin/scales/feathers. This is a game played by children, after all.
    Well, Pokemon are engulfed in flames for a few seconds when they are burned in the anime, and it is watched by children, so that's not an excuse not to do it
    I think it would look pretty neat, but they will just show them with scorched parts as it is easier to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    I think they should finally change it from missing to avoiding and have evasion play a bigger part in attacks/abilities. Especially the missing-avoiding. I am getting incredibly freaking tired of seeing that my Pokemon just up and missed their Fire Blast/Thunder/Hyper Beam/Other strong move. I mean come on, you don't just MISS a non-moving Metapod with an unstoppable ball of fiery fury.
    Jajajajaja, well being fair there might be certain chances where those attacks could miss or be evaded, but I simply can't think of a way how could you miss or evade an Earthquake or Surf
    Last edited by Wulava; 8th April 2013 at 2:26 AM. Reason: Double Post

A piercing gaze that makes you swallow... forever lurking in the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    true true, maybe not every move...(i for one would like seeing diglett use aerial ace)
    they would only play the physical attack animation sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    Jajajajaja, well being fair there might be certain chances where those attacks could miss or be evaded, but I simply can't think of a way how could you miss or evade an Earthquake or Surf
    jump when it's the earthquake and surf for surf :P
    Last edited by Wulava; 8th April 2013 at 2:25 AM. Reason: Double Post
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

I love it how multiple people are double posting.

Also guys that last move is said to be Focus Blast, because as stated become we've seen Aura Sphere.
    The animations they showed looked better than I had hoped, which is good considering the game footage isn't final still.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Here's food for thought: What if I hack a Charizard to know Hydro Pump? Will it have an animation, or will my game just glitch out? Will there be a fail-safe that tells the game that Charizard can't learn Hydro Pump? Will this be the end of the trolls who do that kind of crap in WiFi?

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Here's food for thought: What if I hack a Charizard to know Hydro Pump? Will it have an animation, or will my game just glitch out? Will there be a fail-safe that tells the game that Charizard can't learn Hydro Pump? Will this be the end of the trolls who do that kind of crap in WiFi?
    Pretty sure it'll still be the same as before and people will still be able to hack their Pokemon.

Move animations and Pokemon models are separate things.

if I'm not mistaken, there is one general code that every Pokemon follows when attacking.
    They really don't give each Pokemon their own code. In XY's case, it'll be something like this:

:: You select the [move].
    :: The move will animate while the [Pokemon] will do it's 'attack' pose.
    :: The [enemy] will receive damage while in it's 'hurt' pose.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Pretty sure it'll still be the same as before and people will still be able to hack their Pokemon.

Move animations and Pokemon models are separate things.

if I'm not mistaken, there is one general code that every Pokemon follows when attacking.
    They really don't give each Pokemon their own code. In XY's case, it'll be something like this:

:: You select the [move].
    :: The move will animate while the [Pokemon] will do it's 'attack' pose.
    :: The [enemy] will receive damage while in it's 'hurt' pose.
    Well, the Mewthree has different animations for each attack, all of which involve its arms. Lunatone can almost certainly use one of those moves, unless they are mostly new, which means the animation will probably be different. This means that, not only will each attack have its own animation, but it will vary between Pokémon. I doubt they will think to program a water gun animation into Charizard.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

IIRC, wasn't the case for the past 3D battlers (ie Stadium/2, Colo, XD, and PBR) that each Pokemon had two animations, one for physical moves and one for special moves?

So Mewtumor would do the same thing with its arms if it uses Water Gun or if it uses Hyper Beam, and Charizard would likely spit both Flamethrower and Hydro Pump.

This topic stumps me, except for the opinion I have that any pokemon if hacked can use any move it will just show the animation coming form know where, for example Pikachu using steel wing, boink the animation for steel wing moves but whatever physical animation was made for pikachu it will will prolly show that and then steel wing.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

This topic stumps me, except for the opinion I have that any pokemon if hacked can use any move it will just show the animation coming form know where, for example Pikachu using steel wing, boink the animation for steel wing moves but whatever physical animation was made for pikachu it will will prolly show that and then steel wing.
    Well I dunno .. To me there are actually.. 3 types of moves: the Speed, Physical and Special + 'the signatures' and variating Normal-moves, lets get Pikachu and Charizard as good examples(assuming the N64, GC & Wii stadium like-series):
    Pikachu //Charizard
    speed-moves: It runs at; //stand.. still?(I do not remember)
    Normal-type moves: different animation to each move, //like Mega-kick and Swift;
    Special-type moves: 'Eletric-type animation' //'Flamethrower animation'
    Steel-type moves: Iron tail = Special an. //Steel Wing = Special an.
    Move: Byte: It jumps at; //It does its.. psysical an.?

Its Kinda variety for every pokémon, as I said, the physical type moves is changed of as how the pokémon will hit, another great example is Marill, it does the rollout animation on the scren almost or every time if its going to HIT something.
    Last edited by MrMajorDam; 8th April 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Recently playing Pokémon Platinum, with this main team:
    She-Trainer: Alyssa
    Pokémon of time:

Name: PONYTA
    Nickname: Ponyta(yeah.. lame)
    Nature: Rash Nature
    Ability: Flash Fire

Well, well. Changing a little the subject.
    People made some prediction about the Gym Leaders & E4 pokémon types of thie VI Gen in another topics and old posts.
    Then, I'll go on an do my predict GYMs & E4 would be like too, here goes: But first! My list is kinda... well, I just warn you to be patiente.

Gyms
    1. Flying Yep! Again;
    2. Poison
    3. Fire
    4. Ghost or the suposed new type(sound,cosmic);
    5. Ground
    6. Grass
    7. Bug A Tribute to Gen 5;
    8. Normal or the suposed new type(Light).

Elite 4: without Unova mechanics.
    1. Dragon Whynut?;
    2. Steel Never had a E4 of Steel;
    3. Electric Challenge;
    4. Pre-historical Whynut?! A kinda Mix.

Champion
    ...Mix or DARK Use the Dark Force!

OBS: Please, no more water gym leaders, we already have: Misty/Chuck(with Polywarth)/Claire(with Seadra)/Juan&Wallace/Crasher Wake... in a total of 6!!!
    I do not care about water anymore.. if it has to be... mix with ICE....
    Recently playing Pokémon Platinum, with this main team:
    She-Trainer: Alyssa
    Pokémon of time:

Name: PONYTA
    Nickname: Ponyta(yeah.. lame)
    Nature: Rash Nature
    Ability: Flash Fire

Quote Originally Posted by MrMajorDam View Post
    Well I dunno .. To me there are actually.. 3 types of moves: the Speed, Physical and Special + 'the signatures' and variating Normal-moves, lets get Pikachu and Charizard as good examples(assuming the N64, GC & Wii stadium like-series):
    Pikachu //Charizard
    speed-moves: It runs at; //stand.. still?(I do not remember)
    Normal-type moves: different animation to each move, //like Mega-kick and Swift;
    Special-type moves: 'Eletric-type animation' //'Flamethrower animation'
    Steel-type moves: Iron tail = Special an. //Steel Wing = Special an.
    Move: Byte: It jumps at; //It does its.. psysical an.?

Its Kinda variety for every pokémon, as I said, the physical type moves is changed of as how the pokémon will hit, another great example is Marill, it does the rollout animation on the scren almost or every time if its going to HIT something.
    Hmm I see well put, I understand how it's like, for I have played the 3d pokemon games and enjoyed them purely for their gameplay mechanics, but I do picture this gen and being on the 3ds to be a little more sofisticated, for example scratch in XD:Gale Of Darkness was a close up on the pokemon and then it moved for ward a bit, and 3 lines appeared on the enemy showing scratch. Now think back to the reveal trailer, froakie used something like scratch and it actually went on the opposing pokemon s side to barrage attack it with this unknown move possible scratch.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by MrMajorDam View Post
    Chuck(with Polywarth)/Claire(with Seadra).
    You have got to be kidding me. Because a Gym Leader has one Pokémon of it's type that is a dual type, it is automatically that type?

That's just stupid. That's like calling Lorelei a Psychic Type E4 because she uses Jynx, or calling Koga a Steel Type E4 Member because he uses Forretress, or Sabrina a Bug Type Gym Leader just because of Venomoth.

Really, no offense, but that's just plain stupid.

And, Water has been represented by the League in all Five Gens, yes. But so have Electric, Fire, and Ice.

Plus, you forgot that Cress and Marlon are Water Type Gym Leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Because a Gym Leader has one Pokémon of it's type that is a dual type, it is automatically that type?

That's just stupid. That's like calling Lorelei a Psychic Type E4 because she uses Jynx, or calling Koga a Steel Type E4 Member because he uses Forretress, or Sabrina a Bug Type Gym Leader just because of Venomoth.

Really, no offense, but that's just plain stupid.

And, Water has been represented by the League in all Five Gens, yes. But so have Electric, Fire, and Ice.

Plus, you forgot that Cress and Marlon are Water Type Gym Leaders.
    I personally want to see an ace trainer gym, like a mixed gym of good trainers, and like a retired elite 4 member for the gym leader

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

I personally want to see an ace trainer gym, like a mixed gym of good trainers, and like a retired elite 4 member for the gym leader
    As for the ace trainer gym, we already have Marlon's gym. And about the retired elite four part... that probably wouldn't happen.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 145 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast