Page 149 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    What about another "shaking spot" pokemon like Audino? It sure made grinding easier when there was a pokemon that yielded so much more experience like that. I'd like it to be more useful though. Like actually usable once captured.
    Oh man! I really hope they have a Pokemon like Audino in these new games.

The EXP it gave out was a godsend in BW & BW2.

I think the battle animations were best in BW/2; when I went back to SoulSilver, it was agonizing watching health bars deplete.
    The option to press/keep the A button maintained to speed things a bit would also be nice, like they did with the Golden Sun series.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    What about another "shaking spot" pokemon like Audino? It sure made grinding easier when there was a pokemon that yielded so much more experience like that. I'd like it to be more useful though. Like actually usable once captured.
    That's pretty much the entire point of Audino's existence, to give out a ton of EXP.

I don't really see much of a point in Shaking Spots in general (at least not when we also have Double Grass), it doesn't really add much to the Pokemon distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'd really like them to add pokeballs that have an increased chance of capturing a specific type, for every type.
    I know they have some of them (like the net ball) but they should really make a ball for each type.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The Low Health beep was turned into an awesome remix since BW. It's not as annoying as before since it's already part of the music and is on tempo with the music's beat.

As for frequent encounters... they made a REPEL for some reason to avoid such things.
    Most routes also have clear paths so you could avoid wild Pokemon.
    There's also the RUN/FLEE option.

Maybe he wants the Tales of the Abyss and Mystery Dungeon type of Encounters, I really wanted to see this form of encounter on a main pokémon game, this would be really interesting.
    Recently playing Pokémon Platinum, with this main team:
    She-Trainer: Alyssa
    Pokémon of time:

Name: PONYTA
    Nickname: Ponyta(yeah.. lame)
    Nature: Rash Nature
    Ability: Flash Fire

They should have like a love ball, that works really well when the Pokémon is able to breed with the one you have out.
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Modern Vivillon, looking for Meadow & River.

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto.

I have all Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies, with plans for Pokémon in matching balls and Mega Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by pokéfan2074 View Post
    They should have like a love ball, that works really well when the Pokémon is able to breed with the one you have out.
    they do... its called a Love Ball it was introduced in Gen 2 - Effect: Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon of the opposite gender of, but same species as the player's Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    they do... its called a Love Ball it was introduced in Gen 2 - Effect: Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon of the opposite gender of, but same species as the player's Pokémon.
    Love Balls were only featured in GSCHGSS, though, and we likely will never see the Apricorn Poke Balls again. So asking for a new ball with a similar effect is justified.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Love Balls were only featured in GSCHGSS, though, and we likely will never see the Apricorn Poke Balls again. So asking for a new ball with a similar effect is justified.
    I do hope they make the HGSS Apricorn balls to be standard Pokeballs and sell them at the market.
    More specifically, the Friend, Heavy, Love and Fast Balls.

Also, I hope they introduce more in XY. I'm hoping for some Type-specific Balls.
    We already have the Net Ball which are made specifically for Water and Bug types.
    I don't mind if we get something like Sinister Ball (Psychic, Ghost, Dark), or Rugged Ball (Ground, Rock, Fighting) etc...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I do hope they make the HGSS Apricorn balls to be standard Pokeballs and sell them at the market.
    More specifically, the Friend, Heavy and Fast Balls.

Also, I hope they introduce more in XY. I'm hoping for some Type-specific Balls.
    We already have the Net Ball which are made specifically for Water and Bug types.
    I don't mind if we get something like Sinister Ball (Psychic, Ghost, Dark), or Rugged Ball (Ground, Rock, Fighting) etc...
    that isn't a half bad idea
    i hope they bring back apricorns in general they were pretty great
    also the GS ball should finally be a reality! D:<

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Yes the capricorns. I really liked them in HGSS, and I hope they return.
    New Pokeball idea:

Feather Ball, catches lighter and Flying-Type Pokemon easier.
    What do you guys think?
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

While it is nice, it's just time-consuming that you had to farm apricorns and wait.

They can just make new balls that are counterpart to the Apricorn Balls.

Yesssss
    I was so sad when they didn't return in BW 1 or 2. I also hope that if they come back for real they get actual send out animations rather than just reusing the Pokeball animation.

While it is nice, it's just time-consuming that you had to farm apricorns and wait.

They can just make new balls that are counterpart to the Apricorn Balls.
    idk i liked that whole feature
    but i get where you're coming from i guess
    you just gotta know where to look

Ask me stupid stuff

I'm not sure they will, especially since several modern Poke Balls are based on the Apricorn balls and have similar functions. I would like to see counterparts to the Heavy, Love, and Fast Balls, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Feather Ball, catches lighter and Flying-Type Pokemon easier.
    What do you guys think?
    I like this one.

I think It would be cool if pokemon could use 6 moves, and

and my biggest idea is the move speed stat
    instead of the speed stat determining if your Pokemon goes first, it would be a weighted average between your pokemon's speed and the pokemon's move's speed stat.

Stronger/moves with better effects would be slower and faster/ weaker effects would be faster.

This would make battles so much more interesting and dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaurtrainer View Post
    I think It would be cool if pokemon could use 6 moves, and

and my biggest idea is the move speed stat
    instead of the speed stat determining if your Pokemon goes first, it would be a weighted average between your pokemon's speed and the pokemon's move's speed stat.

Stronger/moves with better effects would be slower and faster/ weaker effects would be faster.

This would make battles so much more interesting and dynamic
    Nah, the franchise'll never go away from 4 moves. It's always been four. You get four so that you have to really use strategy, even if you're not battling competitively.

I kind of like your speed stat idea though. More than that, I wish that we had something like a Dodge button. Like it wouldn't be a guaranteed dodge, and you'd have to hit the button before the attack hit your pokemon. I think that'd be cool.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

Yeah, I just want something to happen that will make battles move involving and keep you on your toes, I'm pretty sick of going though the in-game only using flamethrower. and in wi-fi battles just loosing to pokemon that outspeed mine

I don't think expanding the move slots to 6 is really that far of a possibility. Sure, the series always had four, but the series at one time always had a lot of things standard that have now fallen by the way side. Four moves might have been a technical hurdle at point, but if the game can handle 6, I see no reason why not to have six slots--at least for now. If you think about the new additional moves that are likely to be introduced, while continuing to limit to four works for putting pressure on strategy, expanding to six also does that in a different way. The fact that they made TMs reusable in Gen V makes me believe nothing really is off the table.

I would also like to see the return of more custom Pokeballs. It was always a fun feature in HGSS, and with new Pokemon coming online better ways to capture them would be a welcomed gift. I would prefer external affected traits, like the environment, to be the basis or physical characteristics than the Pokemon types. It gives the Pokeball more coverage. Such as the desert ball, which would be more effective in dry places, or the forest ball that catches Pokemon better if in a forest.

Also what if they created Pokeballs that affected a Pokemon EVs, such as the Power Ball that would increase a Pokemon's ATK EVs. This would encourage capturing Pokemon, and could help some weaker Pokemon gain an advantage in-game. Not to mention save time on EV training.

Here's a few more ideas for new Pokeballs:

• Sunshine Ball: Dusk Ball's counterpart. Highly effective for catching Pokemon during the day and on the fields. Effective on Grass and Fire-type Pokemon too. 1x effect if used in caves.
    • Rain Ball: Highly effective during Rain. Effective for Water and Electric(?)-type Pokemon.
    • Dust Ball: Highly effective during Sandstorms. Effective for Rock and Ground-types.
    • Blizzard Ball: Highly effective during Hail. Effective for Ice-types.
    • Lucky Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught using this Pokeball will gain considerably higher EXP. Use with Lucky Egg to earn more EXP.
    • Effort/Muscle/Macho Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught in this Pokeball earn more EVs than usual. Effective on Fighting-type Pokemon, too. Use with Macho Brace to earn more EVs.
    • Remedy Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught in this Pokeball restores a small amount of HP every turn. Use with HP-restoring held items for bigger HP amount restored.

• Sunshine Ball: Dusk Ball's counterpart. Highly effective for catching Pokemon during the day and on the fields. Effective on Grass and Fire-type Pokemon too. 1x effect if used in caves.
    • Rain Ball: Highly effective during Rain. Effective for Water and Electric(?)-type Pokemon.
    • Dust Ball: Highly effective during Sandstorms. Effective for Rock and Ground-types.
    • Lucky Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught using this Pokeball will gain considerably higher EXP. Use with Lucky Egg to earn more EXP.
    • Effort/Muscle/Macho Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught in this Pokeball earn more EVs than usual. Effective on Fighting-type Pokemon, too. Use with Macho Brace to earn more EVs.
    • Remedy Ball (Rare): Pokemon caught in this Pokeball restores a small amount of HP every turn. Use with HP-restoring held items for bigger HP amount restored.
    that's pretty sweet
    the Remedy Ball seems a little OP though if you ask me

Ask me stupid stuff

Weather based balls are kind of meh.

And Remedy Balls are too OP.

Also, how would the last three be "Rare"? Would you not be able to buy them at a traditional Poke Mart or something?

I actually like the weather-based balls idea.

Another one that I would like to see, is a ball that has higher chance to trigger a critical capture.

And a ball that increases its capture chance depending on the target's total PP. The less PP the target has, the higher the capture chance. Basically something to help us capturing the Pokemon before it starts Struggling itself to death.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I think that the powerful "rare" balls would be cool. They could be available only as items to find or as rewards for sidequests, you wouldn't be able to buy them.
    Nuzlocke Ruby Run: 6 Badges, Heading To Lilycove City
    Team: Deaths:

My Team for the Ruby Remake:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I actually like the weather-based balls idea.

Another one that I would like to see, is a ball that has higher chance to trigger a critical capture.

And a ball that increases its capture chance depending on the target's total PP. The less PP the target has, the higher the capture chance. Basically something to help us capturing the Pokemon before it starts Struggling itself to death.
    I like the weather ball ideas too, if not just because it means interesting new designs to match my shinies to their ball colors lol.

AND as far as PP goes, they need to just make that a factor when catching with ANY ball- it makes no sense to me that it isnt already since essentially the PP is the Pokemon's stamina for using attacks... the lower they get, the more "tired" they should be. Amirite?
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Page 149 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast