Page 154 of 526 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    It would also be kind of awesome if some abilities added to the effects of HM moves. Like Hyper Cutter allowing Cut to chop down a greater amount of grass at once. Anyways, just an idea. What do you guys think about it?
    On a similar note, perhaps Pokémon should just be able to naturally perform certain HM abilities? For instance, I don't see why you have to teach a Skarmory Fly for it to fly you around places. IT'S A BIRD GABNABBIT. Of course, this could still be regulated by badges and whatnot.

Or, another alternative, a HM move slot? A 5th move slot that can only be filled by a HM move, and can still be used in battle. If you want to have 2 HMs on a single Pokémon (for ingame purposes), then you could, just one would have to go into a regular move slot.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    On a similar note, perhaps Pokémon should just be able to naturally perform certain HM abilities? For instance, I don't see why you have to teach a Skarmory Fly for it to fly you around places. IT'S A BIRD GABNABBIT. Of course, this could still be regulated by badges and whatnot.

Or, another alternative, a HM move slot? A 5th move slot that can only be filled by a HM move, and can still be used in battle. If you want to have 2 HMs on a single Pokémon (for ingame purposes), then you could, just one would have to go into a regular move slot.
    Although it would be great for us -the consumers- to have this option(s), I don't think GameFreak is ready to break out of this mold. However, we haven't seen the bottom screen in the trailers, so we wouldn't know about a fifth move slot. Hopeful though, hopeful.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

How would trust relate to friendship? You really can't have one without the other, so there would be no point in two systems.
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Modern Vivillon, looking for Meadow & River.

Seeking RNG 6 IV non-English Ditto.

I have all Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

Visit my trade shop! I deal in IV bred Pokémon and shinies, with plans for Pokémon in matching balls and Mega Stones.

Bullet Punch, Extreme Speed, and other priority moves should have their base damage nerf'd to one half of their base power.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Bullet Punch, Extreme Speed, and other priority moves should have their base damage nerf'd to one half of their base power.
    Nah, that sounds too extreme 75-90% of their base damage seems much less radical. ExtremeSpeed however is a move for mostly fully evolved Pokémon, so it shouldn't have its power cut.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Although it would be great for us -the consumers- to have this option(s), I don't think GameFreak is ready to break out of this mold. However, we haven't seen the bottom screen in the trailers, so we wouldn't know about a fifth move slot. Hopeful though, hopeful.
    I agree with the hm slot but take it out of battle... All hms have similar moves to them.

Quote Originally Posted by edu1987 View Post
    I agree with the hm slot but take it out of battle... All hms have similar moves to them.
    Well, Waterfall kills when used by Azumarill, so it sounds risky to take out the HM slot.

Well, Waterfall kills when used by Azumarill, so it sounds risky to take out the HM slot.
    I assume you're talking about Huge Power and STAB, in which case it can easily do the same damage with other Water type moves.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I assume you're talking about Huge Power and STAB, in which case it can easily do the same damage with other Water type moves.
    well if you take out Surf and Waterfall you are left with Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, and Scald for water moves really.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Oh you're right Aqua Tail and Aqua Jet are better options for Azumarill.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    well if you take out Surf and Waterfall you are left with Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, and Scald for water moves really.
    Huge Power only affects Attack so Surf and Hydro Pump and Scald aren't even good moves for Azumarill.

Wouldn't it be so brilliant if there was a Wi-fi section for legendary ubers only next gen? So people who cannot use ubers online, can go to that section to play for fun? All this is coming from me because I miss using Kyogre in battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Wouldn't it be so brilliant if there was a Wi-fi section for legendary ubers only next gen? So people who cannot use ubers online, can go to that section to play for fun? All this is coming from me because I miss using Kyogre in battle!
    As well as an in-game version. I love it that Driftveil tournaments and Unova Leaders let us use uber legendaries, but I want something more challenging.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

We've all been over the usual fanmade types like Light, Sound, Wind in discussions long ago and I seriously doubt that we would get new types at this point of the franchise (I mean surely if there was something that is obviously not covered, they would have noticed in the past 649 designs and added it, right?)

But the whole mystery about Sylveons type has made me contemplate a type I don't think I've seen suggested before: Fairy

While this may not seem like a candidate for a type at first, think about some other types that are about kinds of creatures, like Bug. Or more on the supernatural side, like Ghost. Or more on the mythological side, like Dragon.

In this manner, Fairy could represent the small, good-hearted, magical creatures of fairytales.

Obviously after 6 generations, some retypings would have to occur, but interestingly enough, most of the serious candidates are plain Normal type anyway! (I'm looking at all those pink blobs with support moves like Clefairy, Blissey, Jigglypuff, Audino and then there is also Togetic...)

Plenty of moves come to mind (and also most Normal), but mostly support ones like Wish, Trick, Metronome, Helping Hand, Assist, Covet, Lucky Chant, Baton Pass, Moonlight..
    But remember that Dark also started out with just Bite and introduced the bulk of its own moves afterwards.
    Fairys "Bite" (a damaging move that goes from Normal to a new type when it is introduced) might be Swift.

Surely when reading this, one is asking what the point of it would be on the type chart since its so vague. Would it add anything? Surprisingly the answer is a yes.
    -offensively:
    It could add some weaknesses to the meanies: Ghost, Dark, Dragon (especially dragon who are like their "brute" or "tough" mythical equivalent, so itd be jsut like mind>body in case of Psychic>Fighting)
    And be awful against some of the frailer types: Grass, Psychic, Bug
    -defensively:
    Imagine Blissey being weak to Poison (which is in dire need of help on the offensive side!), wouldn't that make perfect sense? Along with a Steel weakness and resistances to 2 currently serious threats, Dragon and Fire...

Anyhow,
    How would you guys respond if XY introduced a Fairy type?
    I don't think that's what they're up to, but I find the idea interesting, executable and fun to think about ;D
    Last edited by Mitja; 19th April 2013 at 9:39 AM.

I would like it if Gamefreak made more type-specific trapping abilities like magnet pull. I think an electric type trapping ability would be cool. It wouldn't be OP because most electric types learn Volt-switch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I would like it if Gamefreak made more type-specific trapping abilities like magnet pull. I think an electric type trapping ability would be cool. It wouldn't be OP because most electric types learn Volt-switch anyway.
    Well, we can have a Stronger Arena Trap ability that nullifies switching on moves like U-Turn or Volt Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Anyhow,
    I don't think that's what they're up to, but I find the idea interesting, executable and fun to think about ;D
    I'll just accept it.
    Even if I rant or complain all day long about how it will positively/negatively affect the metagame, no one can do anything about it.

I'm really open to whatever GF introduces.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I don't want more than 17 types, but if GameFreak can make it interesting and most importantly, competitive, then I'll accept it.
    Fairy should be weak to Bug, Rock, and Dark if possible. It should be strong against, Electric, and Ghost types since they only have a single weakness.

If you think about it, Fairy-type is basically Psychic-type in nature (with a touch of Dark and Ghost) with all the magical, mystical, and supernatural stuff involved.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    We've all been over the usual fanmade types like Light, Sound, Wind in discussions long ago and I seriously doubt that we would get new types at this point of the franchise (I mean surely if there was something that is obviously not covered, they would have noticed in the past 649 designs and added it, right?)

But the whole mystery about Sylveons type has made me contemplate a type I don't think I've seen suggested before: Fairy

While this may not seem like a candidate for a type at first, think about some other types that are about kinds of creatures, like Bug. Or more on the supernatural side, like Ghost. Or more on the mythological side, like Dragon.

In this manner, Fairy could represent the small, good-hearted, magical creatures of fairytales.

Obviously after 6 generations, some retypings would have to occur, but interestingly enough, most of the serious candidates are plain Normal type anyway! (I'm looking at all those pink blobs with support moves like Clefairy, Blissey, Jigglypuff, Audino and then there is also Togetic...)

Plenty of moves come to mind (and also most Normal), but mostly support ones like Wish, Trick, Metronome, Helping Hand, Assist, Covet, Lucky Chant, Baton Pass, Moonlight..
    But remember that Dark also started out with just Bite and introduced the bulk of its own moves afterwards.
    Fairys "Bite" (a damaging move that goes from Normal to a new type when it is introduced) might be Swift.

Surely when reading this, one is asking what the point of it would be on the type chart since its so vague. Would it add anything? Surprisingly the answer is a yes.
    -offensively:
    It could add some weaknesses to the meanies: Ghost, Dark, Dragon (especially dragon who are like their "brute" or "tough" mythical equivalent, so itd be jsut like mind>body in case of Psychic>Fighting)
    And be awful against some of the frailer types: Grass, Psychic, Bug
    -defensively:
    Imagine Blissey being weak to Poison (which is in dire need of help on the offensive side!), wouldn't that make perfect sense? Along with a Steel weakness and resistances to 2 currently serious threats, Dragon and Fire...

Anyhow,
    If it balances out the type chart (weakness to Poison, please), I wouldn't mind it. One thing I'd have to wonder, though, what kinds of offensive attacks would it use besides Swift? Most of the moves you listed are more useful for a support role, but I believe that every type should have options for more than one role.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If it balances out the type chart (weakness to Poison, please), I wouldn't mind it. One thing I'd have to wonder, though, what kinds of offensive attacks would it use besides Swift? Most of the moves you listed are more useful for a support role, but I believe that every type should have options for more than one role.
    Maybe it could be the support role to Steel's defense role. We all know Steel is horrible offensively and is only decent because of all its resistances and high defense. This could be the case with Fairy types and their support. Sure, there could be some offensive moves that get STAB (no one wants a type without a STAB like Gen 1's Dragons), but I would venture to say it wouldn't be a terribly great attacking type.

I hate the name "Fairy" type. I personally think it should be the "Magic" type or something. I understand that Magic ties in closely to Psychic but I don't consider them synonymous. Psychic moves are more mind-based and are more a counter to physical fighting while Magic could be true, "out of thin air" magic. Fairy limits the Pokemon that could claim the typing. Magic is much more broad.

Surprisingly, although I hate new type discussion and I don't think it will happen, I find myself much more interested in this idea than Light or Sound or whatever.

I hope that GF goes all out this time around when it comes to online multiplayer (of course as long as it doesn't take away from the main adventure). The Nintendo 3DS can do it, as seen with Kid Icarus Uprising, and I hope they take full use of its capabilities by making everything much more smooth and navigable along with better servers and ranking systems. An optional mode where you can pick any Pokémon, move set, ability, and max out your ivs and evs might be interesting too, providing it doesn't affect your rank. They definitely improved last gen, but I still don't see why I couldn't have a six on six battle with a stranger :/
    Favorite Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmishNinja View Post
    I hope that GF goes all out this time around when it comes to online multiplayer (of course as long as it doesn't take away from the main adventure). The Nintendo 3DS can do it, as seen with Kid Icarus Uprising, and I hope they take full use of its capabilities by making everything much more smooth and navigable along with better servers and ranking systems. An optional mode where you can pick any Pokémon, move set, ability, and max out your ivs and evs might be interesting too, providing it doesn't affect your rank. They definitely improved last gen, but I still don't see why I couldn't have a six on six battle with a stranger :/
    There are alot of Pokémon MMOs out there, and I'm sure GameFreak has been made aware of this for legal and copyright issues.
    A GameFreak owned one would be great though.

I also hope they rethink the trade system. Why should I have to spend two hours capturing Pokémon and another two actually trading them when I want to start a new file on one of my games or when I want to complete my pokedex? There should be a new transfer option that allows the player to send large groups of Pokémon to another game without requiring other Pokémon to trade for. I've never actually used the trade function for what it was intended for in my many years of experience with Pokémon -.-
    Favorite Pokémon!

There are alot of Pokémon MMOs out there, and I'm sure GameFreak has been made aware of this for legal and copyright issues.
    I know, right? It just doesn't have the same feel when it's not canonical, even if it's very well done. All of my hopes and dreams would be fulfilled if they considered doing something that large scale for x and y.
    Favorite Pokémon!

If a Pokemon MMO was ever to be made it likely wouldn't be made by GameFreak at all, it would be considered a spin-off and would be developed and maintained by some other company.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 154 of 526 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast