Page 156 of 526 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    I would absolutely love this. Pokeathlon was by far the best "mini-game" inclusion in the Pokemon series to date, and being able to compete over wifi, even if it wasnt directly live action(due to latency issues and from what I can tell the 3DS has a hard time even streaming Netflix) and was just turn based to see who did the best, and watch others try and beat your score would be pretty awesome.
    I have to agree. It was really good and challenging. I still haven't beaten the records in every game. But I'm still hoping for a circus theme with similar mechanics for the next mini-game attraction. Just feels right with the French influence.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    I hope we get more overworld effects for abilities. Not like Illuminate which has no in-battle affect(really needs to be mended), but like Magma Armor and Flame Body. Just something to add to the dynamics of the game. Like Cloud Nine could eliminate weather effects in the overworld such as making snow melt around where you're standing or dry mud that would otherwise get you stuck until you wiggled out. And weather effects of the like. It would make Psyduck more enjoyable to carry around with when the nostalgia is not enough. It would also be kind of awesome if some abilities added to the effects of HM moves. Like Hyper Cutter allowing Cut to chop down a greater amount of grass at once. Anyways, just an idea. What do you guys think about it?
    I like those ideas. I think Keen Eye should be able to see invisible/hidden items on the ground. Also Air Lock should have the same overworld effects as Cloud Nine (even though there is only one with that ability at the moment).

I think the falling ash, acid rain, and fog could be implemented as 'new' weather statuses. Fog could benefit ghost and psychic types (since they could sense opponents). Ash Storm (or whatever it would be called) would benefit ground and partially fire types. Specifically damaging non-ground and non-fire types every round. Acid Rain would benefit poison types and partially water and electric types. It would damage non-poison types every round and double damage on steel. Something along these lines give or take.
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

With the vastly improved graphics all those new weather conditions would look amazing
    And I agree that we need more weather conditions/improvement of old ones

Also, the games need to be made much more difficult, as someone that generally over-trains all their pokemon it has actually been generations since I've lost against an NPC.. which is actually strangely disappointing..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    With the vastly improved graphics all those new weather conditions would look amazing
    And I agree that we need more weather conditions/improvement of old ones

Also, the games need to be made much more difficult, as someone that generally over-trains all their pokemon it has actually been generations since I've lost against an NPC.. which is actually strangely disappointing..
    Even if they increase the AI difficulty and generally make the game a lot more difficult, don't you think it's a bit pointless if you keep over-training? In your case at least.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Even if they increase the AI difficulty and generally make the game a lot more difficult, don't you think it's a bit pointless if you keep over-training? In your case at least.
    It would depend on how they made it more difficult, like if they perhaps made it harder to over-train whilst making the trainers more difficult.
    Like someone said earlier, reducing the level of wild pokemon and increasing the level of NPCs pokemon. This would deter me from grinding against wild pokemon (or at least shorten the time I do it for) because it would become a chore and the NPCs pokemon would be higher levels whilst mine would be lower than normal.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    It would depend on how they made it more difficult, like if they perhaps made it harder to over-train whilst making the trainers more difficult.
    Like someone said earlier, reducing the level of wild pokemon and increasing the level of NPCs pokemon. This would deter me from grinding against wild pokemon (or at least shorten the time I do it for) because it would become a chore and the NPCs pokemon would be higher levels whilst mine would be lower than normal.
    Even if that was the case, battling higher-level Pokemon gives a larger amount of EXP.
    Which then may result to your Pokemon leveling up quickly, easily catching up to the opponents' levels.

I would like to see NPC have more surpises on their teams like the nursery aide having that Dunsparce in B/W2. I was unprepared for that the first time and lost to her. Maybe they can have a dragon trainer after the 2nd or 3rd gym, or have a 3rd stage pokemon around the 3rd gym area.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    I doubt we'll see Pokeathalon return - they've never had the minigames return in the same way
    Contests have appeared in both RSE and DPPt.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    DPPt didn't have PokéBlocks, they had poffins. Skiddsy said in the same way, so PokéAthlon can return, but there will be some modified aspects from the orignal PokéAlthon.

The Musical and PokéWood were pretty boring for me, and I hope that I never see them again. I never yielded any usable prize from them for battle-use and Pokémon growth.

I think that the game needs to keep the moving grass and maybe make shining grass(where either a extremely rare pokemon appears or a shiny one appears. The new weather condition should be ash (damages all pokemon but poison and fire), fog (all pokemon accuracy is lowered but ghost types), and wind storm( where all flying type attacks increase or force all pokemon to switch after 5 turns and after every turn it will say the wind is blowing, the wind is picking up, and the wind blew the pokemon away. Then the difficulty level should be easy in the begging and hard towards the end ( easy for the first four gyms like wild higher level, NPC lower level; hard the last four gyms like wild lower level and NPC higher level , then the Elite 4 would be the extremely hard but they all are the same level and you can pick which one you battle like B&W,and B2&W2.

We've had fog in Shinnoh.

But we haven't had it active since then which is kinda depressing and we had ash in gen 3 this would be revamped versions.

It's been one region....relax.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I would like to see NPC have more surpises on their teams like the nursery aide having that Dunsparce in B/W2. I was unprepared for that the first time and lost to her. Maybe they can have a dragon trainer after the 2nd or 3rd gym, or have a 3rd stage pokemon around the 3rd gym area.
    Man, i did not have an easy time with that trainer with the Dunsparce. It overwhelmed my whole team, but it was fun battling her. I would like to have more trainers with powerful pokemon by either typing, stats, moves, or abilities. Let us fight a gible, sudowoodo, or a trapinch owned by other trainers.

Yes, but SuperContests and Regular Contests had very different components. Mostly the dressing up thing in DPPt. Hence "return in the same way".

Quote Originally Posted by aurastrike View Post
    But we haven't had it active since then which is kinda depressing and we had ash in gen 3 this would be revamped versions.
    Fog was pointless in 4th gen anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Fog was pointless in 4th gen anyway.
    Not completely. It did lower the accuracy of every Pokemon out. :P

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I like there to more intractable Pokémon like the Drifloon in D/P/P and I think there was a Braviary/Mandibuzz behind a house in BW2 every Tuesday or something?

But yeah more Pokémon in the overworld, just cuz.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    I like there to more intractable Pokémon like the Drifloon in D/P/P and I think there was a Braviary/Mandibuzz behind a house in BW2 every Tuesday or something?

But yeah more Pokémon in the overworld, just cuz.
    Since every Pokemon now have its own 3D model, that's no longer a problem.
    Just shrink them down to fit in the overworld.

It would great to see their overworlds in the Day-care at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Since every Pokemon now have its own 3D model, that's no longer a problem.
    Just shrink them down to fit in the overworld.

It would great to see their overworlds in the Day-care at least.
    i really hope that there are overworld sprites
    and if not this gen, next gen i would love the feature of walking with your pokemon to come back
    IMO it is one of the coolest extras from any game

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    and if not this gen, next gen i would love the feature of walking with your pokemon to come back
    That was fun, but I'd like to see a change in it, to where the traveling Pokemon didn't have to be the first in your party, or even on your team. Maybe have a WALK button on the Pokemon's menu along with the SUMMARY, ITEM, etc?

But I'm just thinking out loud.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    DPPt didn't have PokéBlocks, they had poffins. Skiddsy said in the same way, so PokéAthlon can return, but there will be some modified aspects from the orignal PokéAlthon.

The Musical and PokéWood were pretty boring for me, and I hope that I never see them again. I never yielded any usable prize from them for battle-use and Pokémon growth.
    I highly doubt that Pokeathlon will return, it appears to be a johto-exclusive minigame in the same way that contests were minigames for RSE and DPPt. (I also think that musicals and PWT will be exclusives).

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    It is, that's what I really loved about SoulSilver and Heartgold, just having your pokemon follow you and be able to check there status was great.

As far as features go, I want those hidden areas from Hoenn to comeback. Like you made an area using Hidden or Secret Power and you could customize the furniture and dolls. It was a cool little addon, I use to go there specifically just to save my games.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    That was fun, but I'd like to see a change in it, to where the traveling Pokemon didn't have to be the first in your party, or even on your team. Maybe have a WALK button on the Pokemon's menu along with the SUMMARY, ITEM, etc?

But I'm just thinking out loud.
    that's a cool idea actually i don't see wynaut ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilver Eric View Post
    It is, that's what I really loved about SoulSilver and Heartgold, just having your pokemon follow you and be able to check there status was great.

As far as features go, I want those hidden areas from Hoenn to comeback. Like you made an area using Hidden or Secret Power and you could customize the furniture and dolls. It was a cool little addon, I use to go there specifically just to save my games.
    it was an amazing feature
    the secret bases were cool in general and those would also be awesome if it came back

I will be kinda sad if they don't add Pokemon walking with you as you travel..man that was cool..

Page 156 of 526 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast