Page 158 of 526 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I agree..they should be given as Wi-Fi Events..not as store events..
    I mentioned something about this earlier and got my head bitten off as apparenlty everybody has the time to go and get these events... those people clearly didnt have a job and bills to pay aswel as other personal/home issues some of us have without paying and traveling to another city for one Pokemon with a set time limit for you to get it.

I agree WIFI all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing much more unqiue legendaries this time around like Darkrai..the 5th gen Legendaries were kinda boring and distrubite them on WIFI
    I thought Genesect was nice.

Anyway, I'd like tons of mini-games.

Agreed on the number of event legendaries. They've been increasing the number of event legendaries per gen ever since 3rd gen, and it's starting to get ridiculous. I do not want to see 5 event legendaries this gen, that's going to be too much. I'd say no more than 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Genesect is basically an inferior Arceus.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I mentioned something about this earlier and got my head bitten off as apparenlty everybody has the time to go and get these events... those people clearly didnt have a job and bills to pay aswel as other personal/home issues some of us have without paying and traveling to another city for one Pokemon with a set time limit for you to get it.

I agree WIFI all the way!
    Try travelling to another country for some of us. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Try travelling to another country for some of us. :/
    Exactly distribution really needs looking at this gen as people should not be miss out on certain Pokemon because of where they live! If its part of a regional dex then it should be made available to anybody anytime through WIFI or ingame events

As annoying as this may sound, and I'm sure this will be negatively responded to, but it annoys me how you can just leave the Gyms and go to the Pokemon Center, defeating the purpose of Gym trainers. So perhaps in Challenge mode, you can't leave the Gym unless you get defeated, or you beat the Gym Leader. Or, if you leave, the Gym trainers reset. But then again, you could use the second one as grinding.

By Challenge Mode I mean a possible one, as near nothing is confirmed.

I'm thinking that distribution problems will be solved - but we MAY be looking at paid DLC - Yes, Chunsoft (And their Mystery Dungeon DLC) is not Gamefreak, but I assume Gamefreak had to approve it. And I think Gamefreak has found micro-transactions have paid off in Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D, with Dream Radar being the top selling item on the e-shop for 3DS. For us adults and older teens it's no big deal - I would pay 2 bucks for an opportunity to get a legendary event in my game, (provided it is scripted like Victini's liberty garden, I hate being handed legendaries by some deliveryman - it kinda kills it for me), but I think a lot of kids will have problems with parents paying for it - though buying eshop points on card in stores isn't too hard.

I think sometimes Gamefreak has a hard time thinking about their global market when they do DLC events - not everyone lives in a city, not everyone has a Gamestop or Toys'R'Us, or can make it to nintendo events. Everything is so more compact in Japan that it makes it easier (Not to mention things like the Pokemon Centers) - so I think they stop thinking about their global customers. Timeframe can also be a real limiting factor. I barely missed Genesect in BW2. Nobody in my family has ever had a Deoxys or a Celebi, I only got Mew and Shaymin through trading. A LOT of people were restricted from getting Zorua and Zoroark because of their requirements in the original B/W (It's good Zorua gets handed to you in BW2).

But I would personally be happy with longer-lasting (more than a month, please!) DLC legendaries. For many of us, wi-fi is so much more accessible than toys 'r us. Especially given the 3DS's improved internet connection abilities. Also, maybe more visually unique pokemon, like spiky-eared pichu? I love that little guy, even if he's stuck in HG/SS.

Oh, and it'd be swell to nix the whole Japan-only stuff. (I want that Eevee C-Gear skin in an awful way). An overriding theme of XY so far is one of really focusing on the GLOBAL appeal of pokemon. It'd be stupid (and a little mean) to continue the Japan-only features when they're trying to encourage the global community.

I agree about making the gyms like the elite four, where the door shuts behind you and you can't leave before beating all the trainers.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

As annoying as this may sound, and I'm sure this will be negatively responded to, but it annoys me how you can just leave the Gyms and go to the Pokemon Center, defeating the purpose of Gym trainers. So perhaps in Challenge mode, you can't leave the Gym unless you get defeated, or you beat the Gym Leader. Or, if you leave, the Gym trainers reset. But then again, you could use the second one as grinding.

By Challenge Mode I mean a possible one, as near nothing is confirmed.
    I wouldn't mind this. As long as there is a decent selection of pokemon to capture and train beforehand, I usually don't bother leaving the gym unless I mess up the puzzle and there isn't a way to reset except by leaving. So that would be my only worry, since if you're locked in there and the puzzle is like Snowpoint City Gym, then you would have to suicide your pokemon if you mess up and that isn't cool. If all the puzzles split up in different rooms and refresh by leaving a room with the first room having no puzzle or a puzzle so easy no one can mess up, then I can see this working.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I agree about making the gyms like the elite four, where the door shuts behind you and you can't leave before beating all the trainers.
    And we should only be allowed a certain number of pkmn that coincides with how many pkmn the Gym Leader has.I always thought it was weird to use a full team and the E4 or Gym leader only has 3 or 4.It's like cheating.

Wouldn't the cheating be forcing a lone trainer to battle 3-4 times + the Leader without leaving the Gym?
    They should give the Leaders more Pokemon, if anything, else every Gym is turned into a mini Battle Tower.

I think there should be two League divisions. Both have four gyms in common, but the final four gyms are different from each other. That would cover 12 types yet you'd only need 8 badges. But the player should only be able to participate in one divison and then be able to challenge the other division after defeating the E4 and champion.
    The final five types could be covered by the E4 or the champ could be versatile.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Anyway, I'd like tons of mini-games.
    Mini games arent a bad thing, as long as there is rewards for them. Maybe an in game point season where you can unlock dream world ability pokemon to come to this gens entree forest area (if there is one) and you can catch one per day?
    And also about minigames, am I the only one that hopes something like a 3d pokeathlon is introduced over another musical-like feature?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    And we should only be allowed a certain number of pkmn that coincides with how many pkmn the Gym Leader has.I always thought it was weird to use a full team and the E4 or Gym leader only has 3 or 4.It's like cheating.
    sure maybe in a challenge mode or something, but this game is targeted towards children

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    sure maybe in a challenge mode or something, but this game is targeted towards children
    True. They really need an actual challenge mode in the new games. I used Action Replay to unlock the challenge mode from the beginning. I cheated to make the game HARDER. That's how freaking easy Pokemon is for us seasoned gamers, which, after like 15 years, is probably a decent amount of the players.
    Me, I am but a tearful clown. Though I smile, I cry inside.

FC: 3711-6942-7514

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Exactly distribution really needs looking at this gen as people should not be miss out on certain Pokemon because of where they live! If its part of a regional dex then it should be made available to anybody anytime through WIFI or ingame events
    While it would be nice to expand on where players can obtain an Event Pokémon from traveling to a store or Wifi, the demand of these Pokémon in countries that can't be distributed isn't really enough for an event to be suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    ... And I think Gamefreak has found micro-transactions have paid off in Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D, with Dream Radar being the top selling item on the e-shop for 3DS. For us adults and older teens it's no big deal - I would pay 2 bucks for an opportunity to get a legendary event in my game, (provided it is scripted like Victini's liberty garden, I hate being handed legendaries by some deliveryman - it kinda kills it for me), but I think a lot of kids will have problems with parents paying for it - though buying eshop points on card in stores isn't too hard.
    This, this so much of this! I hate so much not being able to catch the legendary Pokemon myself, and receiving a mythical pokemon from a simple delivery man annoys every fiber of my being.
    I prefer to recieve event items, and besides places where legendaries live can look really cool like the ones of the 4 gen, now imagine them in 3D *-*
    Not putting the event legends in in-game locations, is one of the many reasons I dont like Unova, hope they don't do it again.

A piercing gaze that makes you swallow... forever lurking in the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    This, this so much of this! I hate so much not being able to catch the legendary Pokemon myself, and receiving a mythical pokemon from a simple delivery man annoys every fiber of my being.
    I prefer to recieve event items, and besides places where legendaries live can look really cool like the ones of the 4 gen, now imagine them in 3D *-*
    Not putting the event legends in in-game locations, is one of the many reasons I dont like Unova, hope they don't do it again.
    There Events, of course there not always going to be found ingame. Not every Pokémon inhabits there respective region. Furthermore what if the Event Pokémon has a stupidly catch rate of 3 like Beldum and is at a high level? Plus I thought we preferred Wifi events rather than traveling out of home to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    There Events, of course there not always going to be found ingame. Not every Pokémon inhabits there respective region. Furthermore what if the Event Pokémon has a stupidly catch rate of 3 like Beldum and is at a high level? Plus I thought we preferred Wifi events rather than traveling out of home to get them.
    I would accept one pokemon or maximum 2 not to be found in-game not 3
    Of course each Pokemon has to inhabit their respective region, why would they appear in the part of the National Pokedex of a region if they inhabited other regions, or are you expecting to tell me Meloetta having deep roots in Unova even having a temple related to it in the anime, lives in a forest of Kanto or Johto -.-
    Obviuosly programmers wouldn't put ''a stupidly'' catch rate of 3 if they make it catchable in-game, most of the time they put such low catch rates because every pokemon needs one, even though it is given to you by an NPC.
    And you don't have to travel anywhere to recieve event-key items, as they can be given through WiFi
    Last edited by ShadowMarauder; 24th April 2013 at 3:06 AM.

A piercing gaze that makes you swallow... forever lurking in the shadows...

An idea struck me. What if they made it easier to tell if a shiny is a shiny? Sure we have sparkles and different colors, but with shinies that look no different than their normal counterparts--it would be difficult to tell without some concrete information if said Pokemon is indeed shiny. So why not may easier by adding a small red star to the health bar of the Pokemon? It won't be on the health bar of Pokemon owned by other trainers and whatnot and if you missed the sparkles or can't tell whether one or the other is shiny, then you know it is with the red star. It'll also help with double battle in case you don't want to accidentally KO a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Honestly, I prefer having to duke it out. It makes legendary pokemon a challenge, as they should be. Having a really hard catch rate and a high level makes it more fun for many of us! For me, the most enjoyable part of pokemon has always been the collecting - and yes, I feel like I've been ripped off to be given something in a pokemon center with no effort. I was at least glad that Keldeo got a cutscene and some explanation in BW2, but it still felt off, like I hadn't properly earned him. I'm more likely to use the ones I had to fight hard to catch.

And honestly, I have never had a problem with getting a legendary with storyline outside it's region, like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza in HG/SS. That to me is so much more fulfilling than being handed things.

And this stuff could EASILY be distributed over Wifi, I don't understand your last point? At this point, you can ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD MORE DATA TO YOUR GAME in the 3DS, not just "unlock" stuff. That's the awesome parts of the 3DS. It's even possible for things like typical event legendaries data to be left off the actual game card and added with a game update so they can be kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    I'm thinking that distribution problems will be solved - but we MAY be looking at paid DLC - Yes, Chunsoft (And their Mystery Dungeon DLC) is not Gamefreak, but I assume Gamefreak had to approve it. And I think Gamefreak has found micro-transactions have paid off in Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D, with Dream Radar being the top selling item on the e-shop for 3DS. For us adults and older teens it's no big deal - I would pay 2 bucks for an opportunity to get a legendary event in my game, (provided it is scripted like Victini's liberty garden, I hate being handed legendaries by some deliveryman - it kinda kills it for me), but I think a lot of kids will have problems with parents paying for it - though buying eshop points on card in stores isn't too hard.

I think sometimes Gamefreak has a hard time thinking about their global market when they do DLC events - not everyone lives in a city, not everyone has a Gamestop or Toys'R'Us, or can make it to nintendo events. Everything is so more compact in Japan that it makes it easier (Not to mention things like the Pokemon Centers) - so I think they stop thinking about their global customers. Timeframe can also be a real limiting factor. I barely missed Genesect in BW2. Nobody in my family has ever had a Deoxys or a Celebi, I only got Mew and Shaymin through trading. A LOT of people were restricted from getting Zorua and Zoroark because of their requirements in the original B/W (It's good Zorua gets handed to you in BW2).

But I would personally be happy with longer-lasting (more than a month, please!) DLC legendaries. For many of us, wi-fi is so much more accessible than toys 'r us. Especially given the 3DS's improved internet connection abilities. Also, maybe more visually unique pokemon, like spiky-eared pichu? I love that little guy, even if he's stuck in HG/SS.

Oh, and it'd be swell to nix the whole Japan-only stuff. (I want that Eevee C-Gear skin in an awful way). An overriding theme of XY so far is one of really focusing on the GLOBAL appeal of pokemon. It'd be stupid (and a little mean) to continue the Japan-only features when they're trying to encourage the global community.
    You already have Junichi Masuda on the record who said that they would make DLC free for the main series games (if need be). Plus you'd have to take the following into account: we're likely to pay 40 dollars for the game itself (going off of comparable 3DS price tags), do you really think it'll set the fans well if we have to pay 3-5 (potentially + depending on data size, and significance of DLC) dollars more on data that is already in the game? No one will pay anything to have a scripted event in their game when the game should've already allowed the player to access that area in the first place. This kind of stuff is only going to result in increased AR usage. If worse comes to worse, the system should be similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, have the DLC free for X amount of time, then charge past the deadline.

I agree with the fact that GameFreak needs to think about those in cities that do not have access to public spots to acquire events. The least they could've done was make it Wi-Fi instead of Wireless. However, 1 month is more than enough time...I can't really see the need to extend the limit, especially when it takes you 5 minutes to get the event itself.

Asking GameFreak to nix Japan-only stuff is a tall order. I mean let's face it, there is no Pokemon Center like Japan (USA's was remodelled to become Nintendo World...heck even then we only got kiosks). This stuff happens because Pokemon is insanely popular in Japan compared to the United States/Canada/otherwise. Because of the popularity and increased demand for Pokemon, they're able to this kind of thing. I mean think about it, when Pokemon was at the height of its popularity, the center had neat events too. But because we have mild demand here, it doesn't justify having events similar to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    Um, none of them were really that impressive, they were mainly empty islands with pretty much nothing else on them. I'd like to see that much change, instead of some tiny, pointless island, you'd have to explore a full size dungeon to reach them.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Asking GameFreak to nix Japan-only stuff is a tall order. I mean let's face it, there is no Pokemon Center like Japan (USA's was remodelled to become Nintendo World...heck even then we only got kiosks). This stuff happens because Pokemon is insanely popular in Japan compared to the United States/Canada/otherwise. Because of the popularity and increased demand for Pokemon, they're able to this kind of thing. I mean think about it, when Pokemon was at the height of its popularity, the center had neat events too. But because we have mild demand here, it doesn't justify having events similar to Japan.
    Pretty much this, and most of those aren't worth it anyway. But still, there's no denying that the handling of international events has been pretty poor as of late, there's been several events this gen that never made it outside of Japan that had no reason not to (for instance, the shiny Rayquaza, or the 14th movie Golurk/Hydreigon). Hopefully with the worldwide release, we won't miss out as much.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 24th April 2013 at 3:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's pretty much no-cost to release a few more Wi-Fi pokemon and give the rest of the world access to C-gear and pokedex skins. This is what I'm referring to when I say "Japan only" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Pretty much this, and most of those aren't worth it anyway. But still, there's no denying that the handling of international events has been pretty poor as of late, there's been several events this gen that never made it outside of Japan that had no reason not to (for instance, the shiny Rayquaza, or the 14th movie Golurk/Hydreigon). Hopefully with the worldwide release, we won't miss out as much.
    I agree, the international events could've been handled a LOT better (I mean looking at the sheer volume alone, Gen IV had a lot of interesting events...hell of a lot more better than what we got for BW2). I mean why didn't they release the shiny Rayquaza along with Pokemon Conquest's date of release? It's confusing because people got a Darkrai meant to market the Dark Explorers set for the TCG. It's sending mixed messages.

@Skiddsy, but the popularity argument still stands...how can you release more interesting things if you don't have the demand for it? (I'm talking in terms of the game itself, rather than the demand for the online content).

Page 158 of 526 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast