Page 160 of 526 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #3976
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe a search engine for the Pc system. Time and time again I'll be looking for a Pokémon to withdraw and I can't find it in the variety of Pokémon filling most of my boxes. Just use the stylus or the d-pad to type in the name and the options of the currently existing Pokémon of that search word will come up and you click on the name to get transferred to the box the Pokémon is in.
    When that happens I usually just start from the first box and check the summaries of each pokemon. It makes it much faster in my opinion. I still see what you mean and it is annoying.

  2. #3977
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe a search engine for the Pc system. Time and time again I'll be looking for a Pokémon to withdraw and I can't find it in the variety of Pokémon filling most of my boxes. Just use the stylus or the d-pad to type in the name and the options of the currently existing Pokémon of that search word will come up and you click on the name to get transferred to the box the Pokémon is in.
    Don't they already have that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #3978
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    It took a while to do but I managed to seperate pokemon by types/eevees/fossils/starters/legendaries/lv 100 so it is very easy to find the one I want. It payed off too, so I suggest you do something like that if you want. But like I said, it's worth it to do all that work.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  4. #3979
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    67

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    This. I am more than distressed about always having to catch Patrats in both games just to trade good items into my newer games. I don't see the point of trading worthless Pokémon just to get an item. This should be implemented.
    Maybe even the option to GIFT Pokemon/items, it would make it much easier.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

  5. #3980
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    They should increase the box capacity.
    This definitely. I order my boxes by number so 1-30, 31-60, etc. however I'd also like a few extra boxes to store duplicates of Pokemon that I use for trading and whatnot.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

  6. #3981
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Not the Nsider forums anymore
    Posts
    494

    Default

    I organise my PC boxes into types + 3 others. Ideally, I would only need 20 boxes.

    However, being only able to store 30 Pokemon per box means that I have to make multiple boxes for certain types (Bug / Water / Grass / Normal). As such, I'm not hoping for more boxes in X/Y, but instead, hoping for larger capacity per box. I would just love to be able to store, let's say all my grass Pokemon, into a single box!

    Just though, it would be awesome if you could set up the boxes so newly caught Pokemon were automatically sent to a specific box based on one of their values. Again, using typing as the sorting method, newly caught Pokemon would get sent to the appropriately typed boxed based on their type, or if they have more than one type, then the first one.

    There could be other auto sorting methods such as, but not limited to: Level, Gender, Region (well, generation), Evolved (Fully evolved Pokemon are separated from those that have yet to evolve), Pokemon with held items, Base stat totals etc...
    Last edited by NotChip; 25th April 2013 at 9:43 PM.
    Reserved

  7. #3982
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    001000111000
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    This. I am more than distressed about always having to catch Patrats in both games just to trade good items into my newer games. I don't see the point of trading worthless Pokémon just to get an item. This should be implemented.



    Could you expand on this? I can't understand it with this limited explanation.
    Remember how in the Pokedex you can find Pokemon by name?
    I was thinking about how you can have your Pokemon in alphabetical order or type or so forth with a push of a button.
    All so you don't have to do it manually (you still can by the way).

  8. #3983
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I don't know if this is a little too much to ask for...but what if we could speak into the microphone on the 3DS the move that we want our pokemon could use? It may be a little strange saying "Use thundershock!" when next to someone who doesn't play Pokemon or a random person, but it could be pretty cool when battling a friend right next to you.
    Got my copy of X!

  9. #3984
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    I don't know if this is a little too much to ask for...but what if we could speak into the microphone on the 3DS the move that we want our pokemon could use? It may be a little strange saying "Use thundershock!" when next to someone who doesn't play Pokemon or a random person, but it could be pretty cool when battling a friend right next to you.
    That'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #3985
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    It would be good if you could choose between that and just picking a move manually.
    People annoyed by a certain battle would probably be screaming at their DSs, though.

  11. #3986
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotChip View Post
    I organise my PC boxes into types + 3 others. Ideally, I would only need 20 boxes.

    However, being only able to store 30 Pokemon per box means that I have to make multiple boxes for certain types (Bug / Water / Grass / Normal). As such, I'm not hoping for more boxes in X/Y, but instead, hoping for larger capacity per box. I would just love to be able to store, let's say all my grass Pokemon, into a single box!

    Just though, it would be awesome if you could set up the boxes so newly caught Pokemon were automatically sent to a specific box based on one of their values. Again, using typing as the sorting method, newly caught Pokemon would get sent to the appropriately typed boxed based on their type, or if they have more than one type, then the first one.

    There could be other auto sorting methods such as, but not limited to: Level, Gender, Region (well, generation), Evolved (Fully evolved Pokemon are separated from those that have yet to evolve), Pokemon with held items, Base stat totals etc...
    I thought something like this!

    Also, how about being able to automatically arrange your boxes? Like there is custom sorting or sorting into numerical, alphabetical, by type etc. I just find for someone like me with OCD when it comes to PC boxes it would be a nice little feature to have. It also helps when you have boxes full of Pokémon and can't find a specific one!


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  12. #3987
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I thought something like this!

    Also, how about being able to automatically arrange your boxes? Like there is custom sorting or sorting into numerical, alphabetical, by type etc. I just find for someone like me with OCD when it comes to PC boxes it would be a nice little feature to have. It also helps when you have boxes full of Pokémon and can't find a specific one!
    This. I've been wanting a SORT feature in the PC Storage for years.

    I always arrange my boxes in National Dex order so that searching for Pokemon would be a lot easier for me.
    But it sucks that I have to manually sort it out. Even the search function can be annoying at times because of its limited functionality...

    Another feature I would like to see is the ability to search moves.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  13. #3988
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninetalescommander View Post
    I've been hearing some rather nasty rumors that the 6th Generation is going to lock out all programs known as Pokesav and Pokegen.

    If this is true it is really going to hurt the competitive side of Pokemon as now everyone will have to train and breed the old way.

    If this happens, it's going to turn me away from the competitive scene completely because I simply do not have the time in my life to tackle such a huge task.

    Anyone have updates on this that I am not aware of?
    even if this is true, who cares?
    if people aren't willing to take the time to train their teams, then they have no business being in competitive battling anyways
    also it is sad to say, but no matter how much GF tries, hackers will find a way around it no matter what hence why AR codes still haven't been stopped
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 26th April 2013 at 2:07 AM.

  14. #3989
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninetalescommander View Post
    I've been hearing some rather nasty rumors that the 6th Generation is going to lock out all programs known as Pokesav and Pokegen.

    If this is true it is really going to hurt the competitive side of Pokemon as now everyone will have to train and breed the old way.

    If this happens, it's going to turn me away from the competitive scene completely because I simply do not have the time in my life to tackle such a huge task.

    Anyone have updates on this that I am not aware of?
    Pokesav and Pokegen are considered forms of hacking and cheating, AND are strictly not allowed to be discussed on this site.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  15. #3990
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninetalescommander View Post
    You do present a valid argument but there is a problem with it.

    There is taking your time out of your life to train a Pokemon and then there's making something far too tedious.

    Pokegen plays a massive part in the competitive scene now because of how much faster it is to making a team to your liking. Plus alot of us like myself have a very busy life to run so we simply do not have the time for such a task.
    If we had all the free time in the world then yes, I agree we should do it the proper way but the fact is we don't so using Pokegen is the best option.
    it does not matter, for one, this sight doesn't allow talking about either as they are hacking
    and if you aren't patient enough to train your own team, then you have no business in competitive battling, as i work very hard to RNG breed and EV train and it irritates me when i go against
    people like you because you just hack to get your mons when i actually put the time and effort into training and breeding them

  16. #3991
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninetalescommander View Post
    You do present a valid argument but there is a problem with it.

    There is taking your time out of your life to train a Pokemon and then there's making something far too tedious.

    Pokegen plays a massive part in the competitive scene now because of how much faster it is to making a team to your liking. Plus alot of us like myself have a very busy life to run so we simply do not have the time for such a task.

    If we had all the free time in the world then yes, I agree we should do it the proper way but the fact is we don't so using Pokegen is the best option.
    Or you could just play PO/PS battles since Wifi battles are arguably tedious and annoying.

    All Gamefreak could do is just reintroduce level 100 Wifi battles from 4th Gen to save on leveling up.

  17. #3992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    it does not matter, for one, this sight doesn't allow talking about either as they are hacking
    and if you aren't patient enough to train your own team, then you have no business in competitive battling, as i work very hard to RNG breed and EV train and it irritates me when i go against
    people like you because you just hack to get your mons when i actually put the time and effort into training and breeding them
    Trust me, I respect the fact you want to train your Pokemon the proper way, in fact I encourage you to continue doing it because it's obvious you're fortunate enough to having the time to doing it.
    Also, I am sorry but you're patience argument is invalid, I already stated in my previous post that if we had all the time in the world to doing it properly, then I wouldn't use Pokegen.

    Besides, there is no shame in wanting to speed up the process, the end result is the same whether you hacked it or played the game properly. The only time it becomes shameful is when you create illegal Pokemon which I am 100% against.

    This will be my last reply on this as I do not wish to be banned.

  18. #3993
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninetalescommander View Post
    Trust me, I respect the fact you want to train your Pokemon the proper way, in fact I encourage you to continue doing it because it's obvious you're fortunate enough to having the time to doing it.
    Also, I am sorry but you're patience argument is invalid, I already stated in my previous post that if we had all the time in the world to doing it properly, then I wouldn't use Pokegen.

    Besides, there is no shame in wanting to speed up the process, the end result is the same whether you hacked it or played the game properly. The only time it becomes shameful is when you create illegal Pokemon which I am 100% against.

    This will be my last reply on this as I do not wish to be banned.
    i do not have all the time in the world as i am a student and i work but when i have free time, i do it
    and the end result isn't the same, the end result is a hack and when you actually train them, you actually feel accomplished as opposed to slapping on a few stats with a keyboard

  19. #3994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I thought something like this!

    Also, how about being able to automatically arrange your boxes? Like there is custom sorting or sorting into numerical, alphabetical, by type etc. I just find for someone like me with OCD when it comes to PC boxes it would be a nice little feature to have. It also helps when you have boxes full of Pokémon and can't find a specific one!
    A sort feature would be nice in fact-- going through your boxes one by one and checking them can be tiring.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  20. #3995
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    I've said this once before, but I'll say it again. GF needs to make a better use of the pokedex. It should be used like how it is used in the anime. When we see a wild pokemon we don't know, we should be able to open the pokedex and check it's details like what type, the description, and other stuff. That adds quite a bit to the adventure feeling when meeting new pokes.

  21. #3996
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    I cannot wait for the music, I think/hope we get music similar to Pokemon Stadium, I've always wanted a revamped version of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q11h7FC7Kww

  22. #3997
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I've said this once before, but I'll say it again. GF needs to make a better use of the pokedex. It should be used like how it is used in the anime. When we see a wild pokemon we don't know, we should be able to open the pokedex and check it's details like what type, the description, and other stuff. That adds quite a bit to the adventure feeling when meeting new pokes.
    Yes, but so does capturing a Pokemon you know next to nothing about.

    Anyway, I'd like Mewtwo's possible theme to be a remix of the original wild battle theme (R/B/Y), kinda like the begging of this. Perhaps with Piano and Electric Guitar? That equals epic.

    Oh, and the inevitable Cynthia battle theme? I hope it's slower, more orchestral and has the sound of clock ticking, along with spaces of silence. Would be a nice reference to her original games.

    I think they should open a Music Thread.

    Anyway, I'd like the contest thingy to be a Fashion Show, for the reasons all people have stated. Europe is renowned for Fashion, mostly Paris, France and London, England. Also, it'd be a nice way to see old characters (Hello Elesa!), aswell as show off the possible customization features.

  23. #3998
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    411

    Default

    I recently heard news of the new Fairy type. I guarantee that will be true & have a dramatic impact on the new series.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  24. #3999
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I've said this once before, but I'll say it again. GF needs to make a better use of the pokedex. It should be used like how it is used in the anime. When we see a wild pokemon we don't know, we should be able to open the pokedex and check it's details like what type, the description, and other stuff. That adds quite a bit to the adventure feeling when meeting new pokes.
    I have been saying this for a while aswel the pokedex really needs upgrading big time its not had a major overhaul in the entire pokemon series except for a few not so great features! even the anime pokedex got an upgrade back in pokemon DP allowing trainers to see all information about there pokemon its even been able to be used as a pokemon transporting device since series 1 (though this has never been seen to be used but it was shown in mystery at the light house)

    we should like you say be able to check pokemon the minute we see them but also be able to see what attacks the pokemon currently knows and what nature/ability it has this would save alot of time and soft resets.

    it would be even cooler if it was like pokedex 3d pro showing you all the attacks, stats and evolutions etc - this is a pokedex!!! that ingame thing they try to pass off as a pokedex is not!

  25. #4000
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hidden Hollow Dweller
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Id honestly love it if GF did FREE Pokemon DLC. AKA- say a year down the road, and they finalized some new designs, but dont quite want to implement them into a new game- hit up a wi-fi spot or using your own internet, expand your Pokedex with 10 brand new creatures fresh out of finalization. I would love this, and it would keep the game fresh as well.

    If playing against someone that had no way of downloading the said free 'mons it would update their game data automatically when connecting.
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Page 160 of 526 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •