Page 172 of 526 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Also, how would immunties work? For example, what'd happen if you used a Psychic/Ghost move on a Normal type?
    I'd assume that the Ghost attack would work as a *0 multiplier; so it'd still have no effect?

I'd rather not see the dual-type attacks, by the way. Think it'd complicate matters a little too much. Which is a shame, really, because most of the other stuff in that 'leak', I was okay with.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

I doubt they'd bring dual typed moves to a whole range of pokemon and attacks.
    My guess is if it were introduced it'd be given to the signature move of a legendary. Think Freezeshock and Iceburn...
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

If dual-type moves mean that a move, e.g. Blaze Kick is both fire and fighting, then I would be disappointed by a new mechanic for the first time! However, if they made a move like Blaze Kick, which was a fire type move, thus giving STAB if used by a fire type, but dealing damage like a fighting type move, then it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    If dual-type moves mean that a move, e.g. Blaze Kick is both fire and fighting, then I would be disappointed by a new mechanic for the first time! However, if they made a move like Blaze Kick, which was a fire type move, thus giving STAB if used by a fire type, but dealing damage like a fighting type move, then it would be okay.
    So are you suggesting that all the extra type would do is give more pokemon a STAB bonus?

That...could work actually. So Lucario would get STAB on Blaze Kick etc. My only worry is that it will make the game even more focused on the offensive than it already is unless this is limited to a select few moves, like Blaze Kick and only gave a 1.5x bonus. A 2.25x bonus would work only for very weak moves like Peck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

What I mean is that if we use Blaze Kick as an example it would work like this:

Rapidash uses Blaze Kick on Vaporeon. Since Blaze Kick is a fire type move we multiply by 1.5, normally we would divide it by 2 because of resistance, but Blaze Kick acts as a Fighting type move, so it does 1.5 damage.

Not saying they should change moves like Blaze Kick, etc. But I think that if the do implement "dual type moves" they should restrict it to something similar as explained above.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Also, how would immunties work? For example, what'd happen if you used a Psychic/Ghost move on a Normal type?
    By dual type logic, any dual Normal type move (Normal/Grass, etc.) would be ineffective against your Psychic/Ghost type. It wouldn't matter what the other types are, as long as there's one immunity in there the attack would fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    I doubt they'd bring dual typed moves to a whole range of pokemon and attacks.
    My guess is if it were introduced it'd be given to the signature move of a legendary. Think Freezeshock and Iceburn...
    Yeah, and if it doesn't totally screw everything up, then they can add more in future gens.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I actually like the nw pokemon. Gogogat looks awesome and you can ride, awesome! I actually want more rideable pokemon then, maybe Bastiodon and camerupt. Look like character customizing is happening but may be very limited. The new starter bird pokemon looks, eh... The panda pokemon is cute as :3 Erikiteru looks like a dog? The box art is awesome! Will it change for the english release? ( besides the translation in the title). The region name sounds like another pokémon, the Karosu region :/.. This gonna be the best generation ever!!!
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    I actually like the nw pokemon. Gogogat looks awesome and you can ride, awesome! I actually want more rideable pokemon then, maybe Bastiodon and camerupt. Look like character customizing is happening but may be very limited. The new starter bird pokemon looks, eh... The panda pokemon is cute as :3 Erikiteru looks like a dog? The box art is awesome! Will it change for the english release? ( besides the translation in the title). The region name sounds like another pokémon, the Karosu region :/.. This gonna be the best generation ever!!!
    The Box Art for BW1 and 2 didn't have any major changes between Japan and other parts of the world, so I wouldn't expect the translations to have any major changes whatsoever (except for logos of course).

Probably gonna get hate for this.. but I really hope the designs for new pokemon start becoming more digimon-like.

Also, I want the ability to devolve your pokemon to be implemented.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Probably gonna get hate for this.. but I really hope the designs for new pokemon start becoming more digimon-like.

What possible reason would there be for devolving Pokemon

Gigantic mechanic dragons? leave that with Digimon, Pokemon is Pokemon Digimon is Digimon, I like both series but the designs are diferent and should stay diferent, the world aren't the same , art style isn't the same, nothing is the same besides monsters evolving.

There are plenty of other monster raising games, each one should have their style.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I personally prefer fraxures design than haxorus', so whilst I'm walking around I'd much prefer it to look like that.
    However, haxorus is better stats-wise and so I would evolve it for battling.

(Of course I'm just using that as an example)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Just use a Fraxure with an eviolite. Sure it can't hit as hard as Haxorus but it should take hits better.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I personally prefer fraxures design than haxorus', so whilst I'm walking around I'd much prefer it to look like that.
    However, haxorus is better stats-wise and so I would evolve it for battling.

(Of course I'm just using that as an example)
    OR just an idea just throwing it out there you could have both a haxorus and a fraxure that way you can look at fraxure all day long and battle with haxorus simples

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    OR just an idea just throwing it out there you could have both a haxorus and a fraxure that way you can look at fraxure all day long and battle with haxorus simples
    But.. that takes up a precious party space! :O

nah just store your haxorus in your box and use it for official battles

Then just use Eviolite Fraxure

Devolving and then evolving between every battle would be stupid

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Movesets. Let's say you catch a Clefairy, and you want to teach it some of Cleffa's level up moves. You're **** out of luck there unless you breed a Cleffa and start all over with that, which may not always be possible or desired in certain circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Seems we can walk diagonally!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post

Seems we can walk diagonally!
    WOOT! I thought this was a possibility since the first trailer showed that Bug Gym (because c'mon that's what that is) with the apparent diagonal paths on the web. My thought being you can travel along the strands that have drops of water on them. Eight-way movement for the win!
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

I can't see that image.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Embedded image is too large here's a link:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...diagonally.png
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Embedded image is too large here's a link:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...diagonally.png
    It says 'Forbidden' so I still can't see, sorry. ._.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    It says 'Forbidden' so I still can't see, sorry. ._.
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki...diagonally.png

That work?
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Page 172 of 526 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast