Page 175 of 526 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #4351
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A State
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Hopefully there will be a Region Function on Pokedex HANDY 2013
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

    Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

  2. #4352
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    But I don't think it's a case of "three" different parts of the region, rather just seperating the Pokemon found in "mountain terrain", coastal (possibly referring to water/rivers/sea) and then ones found in the routes. Plus we don't know if there is more.
    Splitting up the Karos Dex for reasons other than regional design makes no sense, it's unnecessarily complicated and doesn't really add anything. If it was just for organizing Pokemon based on environment, it'd be more like it was in FRLG and there'd be way more than 3 categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #4353
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    I don't understand why the division of the pokedex is such a big deal. I like it and it seems like it's purpose is to divide the possibly largest regional dex there's ever been. it's most likely not for any other reason that everybody seems to think and it doesn't imply there are multiple regions or that the region is larger than ever before. just more pokemon than before which is almost given with the proof that older pokemon will be in the region as well as new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  4. #4354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I don't understand why the division of the pokedex is such a big deal. I like it and it seems like it's purpose is to divide the possibly largest regional dex there's ever been. it's most likely not for any other reason that everybody seems to think and it doesn't imply there are multiple regions or that the region is larger than ever before. just more pokemon than before which is almost given with the proof that older pokemon will be in the region as well as new ones.
    Exactly what I'm saying (or trying to say). I mearly suggested it could be like the FR/LG Dex, but everyone here makes it seem like your stating a fact.


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  5. #4355
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I'm find with it as long as it isn't our only way to find berries. Speaking of berries, I hope four new ones are introduced this generation.
    Speaking of berries I hope they create a better/easier way to remove EV's from Pokemon this Gen

  6. #4356
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    That doesn't mean that it's three smaller regions though, like some people (*cough* Gergenator *cough*) have been suggesting.
    thats what it said... read it somwhere

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Exactly. The map we saw clearly shows one region. Only the pokédex is split into three groups. It may have some importance to something else, but in no way does it suggest there being more than one region.
    also ment split into a mountain area/central area and Sea i didnt exactly mean litterally 3 smaller regions within.....

    didnt mean to double post

    But anyways this Map seems pretty Big so lots of places to visit and explore

    like i said b4 looks like it gunna be a Long Adventure
    Last edited by Wulava; 14th May 2013 at 1:23 AM. Reason: Triple-post
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  7. #4357
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I don't understand why the division of the pokedex is such a big deal. I like it and it seems like it's purpose is to divide the possibly largest regional dex there's ever been. it's most likely not for any other reason that everybody seems to think and it doesn't imply there are multiple regions or that the region is larger than ever before. just more pokemon than before which is almost given with the proof that older pokemon will be in the region as well as new ones.
    Because having 3 different sets of numbers to remember is confusing and unnecessary. If the sole purpose is to make the Dex easier to navigate, they can accomplish the same thing by using BW2's or FRLG's Habitat List.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #4358
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    Some of you guys are doing the most with this Dex separation thing, when they just gave a small part of the Dex, like a new feature. Don't get TOO carried away.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  9. #4359
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Because having 3 different sets of numbers to remember is confusing and unnecessary. If the sole purpose is to make the Dex easier to navigate, they can accomplish the same thing by using BW2's or FRLG's Habitat List.
    and where is is stated that there will be 3 sets of numbers? as far as I know, the numbers will continue from one dex on to the next. but if what you're saying is true, how hard is it to say "coastal 23" or "central 23"? it's not that difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  10. #4360
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ..you guys reckon dream world will come back? Or maybe another way to get hidden ability pokemon?

    The split of the dex could be down to a lot of pokemon being in the regional dex, and so it makes it easier for you to find things.
    Yeah, or just GF trolling us, just like with the Habitat list.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well, many have already photoshopped and/or blended that map with one of France, and everything lined up. If that is just Central Karos, and the other two "regions" would be around the same size, think of how much exploring that would add up to. I saw someone say that they counted twelve town-like areas on the map we were given. Again, lets say that that is just Central Karos, and the other two regions are the same size. Thirty-six towns seems like a bit too much, doesn't it.
    HGSS:
    - Newbark Town
    - Cherrygrove City
    - Violet City
    - Ruins of Alph (counting this as some speculated cities may be 'ruins' as well).
    - Azalea Town
    - Goldenrod City
    - Ecruteak City
    - Olivine City
    - Cianwood City
    - Mahogany Town
    - Blackthorn City
    - MtSilver (again counting it as some speculated cities/towns might be such dwellings).
    - New Safari Zone west of Cianwood City (again counting it as some speculated towns/cities in Karos might be such a facility in actuality).
    - Pallet Town
    - Viridian City
    - Pewter City
    - Cerulean City
    - Bills place (again counting it as some speculated cities/towns might be such dwellings in Karos).
    - Power Plant (again counting it).
    - Lavender Town
    - Saffron City
    - Celadon City
    - Vermillion City
    - Fuchsia City
    - Cinnabar Island
    - Indigo Plateau
    ---------------------------------+
    Total number of dwellings: 26

    Still, 10 under the count you made, but a second region (which would be the mountainous area, with the inbetween being the coastal region) could be possible, eventhough I doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Splitting up the Karos Dex for reasons other than regional design makes no sense, it's unnecessarily complicated and doesn't really add anything. If it was just for organizing Pokemon based on environment, it'd be more like it was in FRLG and there'd be way more than 3 categories.
    I found the regional dex in FRLG to be a hassle to work with sadly.. Three optional settings would be better honestly.. I mean in B2W2 we had the habitat listing as well, with grass/surfing/fishing. I think this might be something similar. Just GF trying out new stuff.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  11. #4361
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    but if what you're saying is true, how hard is it to say "coastal 23" or "central 23"? it's not that difficult.
    It's still confusing to think about, you'd have to remember 4 different Pokemon for number 23 (all 3 regional dexes and the National Dex). Also, categorization might be tricky. There may be some Pokemon that don't fit any of the three that well, or could fit more than one. It's just making things more confusing for no real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #4362
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's still confusing to think about, you'd have to remember 4 different Pokemon for number 23 (all 3 regional dexes and the National Dex). Also, categorization might be tricky. There may be some Pokemon that don't fit any of the three that well, or could fit more than one. It's just making things more confusing for no real reason.
    Other then GF being the trolls they are of course
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  13. #4363
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    i'm confused where is all those Numbers comming from??
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  14. #4364
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    i'm confused where is all those Numbers comming from??
    I don't know either, but apparently, the dex is seperated into three subdivisions (coastal, central and mountain) and each pokemon is ascribed a dex number in said subdivision as well, or not.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  15. #4365
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I don't know either, but apparently, the dex is seperated into three subdivisions (coastal, central and mountain) and each pokemon is ascribed a dex number in said subdivision as well, or not.
    well i already knew the dex was seperated but everyone is throwing numbers everywhere and dont make much sense

    Btw do ya'll think we will have our Pokemon following us again?
    Last edited by Gergenator; 14th May 2013 at 3:38 AM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  16. #4366
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's still confusing to think about, you'd have to remember 4 different Pokemon for number 23 (all 3 regional dexes and the National Dex). Also, categorization might be tricky. There may be some Pokemon that don't fit any of the three that well, or could fit more than one. It's just making things more confusing for no real reason.
    Exactly.

    Btw do ya'll think we will have our Pokemon following us again?
    I certainly hope so.


    Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

  17. #4367
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I would like an ability like intimidate that lowers the opponent's special attack. I feel the metagame has gotten too offensive and it's becoming difficult to pull off an all-around defensive team because there's always something to counter it. I love what I know about the love "parting remark" because it states you can lower your opponents stats and allows you to switch out, although not specified which stat(s?). this would be an amazing move if partnered with the ability prankster. +1 priority switch out plus crippling your opponent, switch into a shadow tag gothitelle. I really hope they focus a bit more on balancing the metagame even though not everybody plays competitively.
    I don't think they're gonna focus on the metagame, because it keeps changing. But the ability sounds good. Maybe call it "Mental War" haha
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

  18. #4368
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Something just popped in my mind. Well, first of all, if you think this theory is crazy, then please don't hate me or anything, its just a theory anyway. So here it goes: Anyone else still remember that "the more you bond with your pokemon, the stronger it becomes" and these recent leaks and showed "when pokemon gains experience, they learn new moves"? What if it this is the new bond mechanic? Pokemon do not level up anymore but they still gain experience, and they use experience to learn moves. Well, for better moves you need a lot of experience. It'll be like the anime. And about evolutions? Well, after a certain amount of experience gained, you choose to evolve them, or they stay what they are BUT gaining the stats of the evolved form.

  19. #4369
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    Something just popped in my mind. Well, first of all, if you think this theory is crazy, then please don't hate me or anything, its just a theory anyway. So here it goes: Anyone else still remember that "the more you bond with your pokemon, the stronger it becomes" and these recent leaks and showed "when pokemon gains experience, they learn new moves"? What if it this is the new bond mechanic? Pokemon do not level up anymore but they still gain experience, and they use experience to learn moves. Well, for better moves you need a lot of experience. It'll be like the anime. And about evolutions? Well, after a certain amount of experience gained, you choose to evolve them, or they stay what they are BUT gaining the stats of the evolved form.
    If they wouldn't level anymore then how would their stats grow.

  20. #4370
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    If they wouldn't level anymore then how would their stats grow.
    They have base stats and then they gain stats through EV's. It's fully revamped. But thinking like this makes my theory so far-fetched i hope they wont do this.

  21. #4371
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in agarest fighting a war.
    Posts
    127

    Default

    im pretty sure they will keep the lvs.however i think the bond thing could be for evolving some new pokemon, or it is there for some uknown reason at this time. though i did like your idea

  22. #4372
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    I hope there will be plenty of overworld Pokémon, and I hope they will be more 'alive' than in the older games. Like, some Gogoats behind a fence, walking around, grazing the grass, that sort of thing. I'd also love to have some 'barriers' where two trainers stand in your way batteling (the Pkmn taking turns to tackle and shock eachother, etc etc).

    I also hope there will be Anime scenes (like the BW2 promotion short). I love those. :3

    And I hope the PokéBeach rumors of HMs being gone is true. Being able to swim and fly on Pokémon that CAN swim and fly makes more sense than teaching them to swim and fly, which they already can. :P
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  23. #4373
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    29

    Default

    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...diagonally.png

    Damn, this is cool!!! the pic is courtesy of Bulbapedia

  24. #4374
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    I want to see other npcs using surf, I mean surely your trainer isnt the only one with the HM?
    Also, when you are flying... I want a random event where it says something like "you bumped into another flying trainer" and it causes you to crash and land somewhere inbetween where you flew from and where you are flying to, perhaps disabling the ability to fly for a while.
    Either that, or if you bump into a trainer your two flying pokemon fight.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  25. #4375
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...diagonally.png

    Damn, this is cool!!! the pic is courtesy of Bulbapedia
    The link doesn't work for me? Was it just about walking diagonally?

Page 175 of 526 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •