Page 178 of 526 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    We haven't seen any touchscreen gameplay yet, right? Thus I put forward an outrageous hypothesis.

Overworld movement has been moved to the touchscreen, while the menu is available in a 'tabbed' form on the top screen. Perhaps you cycle through the 'Pokemon status' tab to the 'trainer card' tab and so on by means of shoulder buttons, and hit the pause button to stop overworld gameplay for a second and switch to the menu for the currently active screen.

Discuss.

~Deadly
    Well, if that's the case then the games wouldn't be in stereoscopic (sp?) 3D then. The bottom screen doesn't display that if I recall correctly. (and the trailers say that it will be in 3D/2D...)
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but what are the three question marks for?
    Dex number. They're trying to keep it under wraps when we all know it is likely number 004...

As for gameplay, I had a decent idea regarding dual-type attacks.

The idea is that for an additional type addition to moves, you would have to use an item, for instance an Arceus Plate. The Splash Plate would add the Water-type to moves, Meadow Plate the Grass-type, etc.

These plates will only give the moves a x1 addition, and not the x1.5 it formerly did. It will however, if the type gives additional STAB, for instance the Insect Plate for a Durant using Iron Head. In which case, the STAB would accumulate as x3, x1.5 for the Steel-type, and x1.5 for the Bug-type addition through the plate.

It would also be accounted for in the weaknesses department. V-Create with the addition of a Sky Plate would do x8 damage on a Leavanny for instance, and would get x1.5 Stab, regardless whether you use it from Victini or Rayquaza.

Regality proposed the idea of halving the damage, as Base Power would get ridiculously high, quite fast. That Base Power of that V-Create for instance:
    - 1.5x180=270
    - 270x8=2160

Of course, we're talking about the strongest STAB move in the game, but even a Night Slash from a Weavile would end up as high as 210 with a Chill Plate/additional Ice-STAB. Not counting in any opposing weaknesses or resistances yet.
    70x3=210

Anything taking even a neutral hit would barely stand a chance. Much less even a pokemon with only a 2x weakness. This spread would be a 1HKO on Celebi considering it's accumulated weakness would be x4: 210x4=840... -.-
    Last edited by Locormus; 14th May 2013 at 4:48 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'd say dex number, but no, this is a caught Pokemon and therefore dex number must be known. So it must be held item.

~Deadly

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I think that may be where it displays the Pokemon's held item.
    i hope we can see the pokemon when they hold an item. it should be good to see a pokemon holding a choice scarf or eating leftovers.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Is it confirmed that Gogoat replaces the Bike? Because as much as I like Gogoat, I really don't want to ride around one all the time. It seems excessive in my opinion. Anyway, the battle scenes keep getting better and better. I really like the way the attacks look. The new Pokemon summary screens also look nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Is it confirmed that Gogoat replaces the Bike? Because as much as I like Gogoat, I really don't want to ride around one all the time. It seems excessive in my opinion. Anyway, the battle scenes keep getting better and better. I really like the way the attacks look. The new Pokemon summary screens also look nifty.
    We have rollerskates instead of bike this time I think..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I think Gogoat riding is only limited to Lumiose City, although I may be wrong.

Well we've only seen him being ridden in the big city, which matches up with was said that it would be only there that you could ride it (not sure if that was proven or anything). But if the bike is replaced it would most likely be by the rollerskates.

Just seen the news.
    Different clothes!! This game just keeps on getting better.

Somehow, but its rollerblades that replaces the bike.

Love the new summary page, it's also kinda cool that Fennekin gets Howl in its moveset. The use of diagonally walking/running is also a nice addition to the games alongside personally.

If Fennekin gets howl, does that mean it's gonna be physical based?

A feature I'd like to see, is every single NPC having a pokemon.
    Only trainers will battle you on sight, but you can ask to battle any of the random NPCs in the town.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I think it's their ability but i am not so sure..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Just seen the news.
    Different clothes!! This game just keeps on getting better.
    Pokemon X and Y..The Game that just keeps on giving..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Growlith-goes-woof View Post
    NEW CLOTHES!! Confirmed on oficial website
    http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/
    Pokebeach rumours are true :')
    So far...at least
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Guys! Okay, so underneath of the Character Customization Bar/Rectangle Box, there is a Pokeball with blank white circles next to it, almost like you can move the pokeball to the next white circle to change what part of your trainer you want to customize. I think we're going to get more options!

You may have been wrong on the function, but you got the customize outfit parts right!
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    If Fennekin gets howl, does that mean it's gonna be physical based?
    No. Remember Chimchar's line had Nasty Plot and Calm Mind but were mixed.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Ok so the reliability of this guy has been proven, and im ok with the new fairy type, but.... I dont know. Dual type moves just dont sit well with me. I guess I could get used to it after a while but I probably wont be using a lot of them. Also Does anyone here think that Masuda will be revealing details about the new Bonding mechanic this weekend?
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

I'm hoping dual type moves will not be a major part of the games... or at least if they are, they aren't really confusing, because I just can't see it be anything but completely mind shattering to deal with.
    [img]http://oi43.*******.com/142adzr.jpg[/img]

come get a clock at equal to heaven's clock shop!
    [img]http://oi42.*******.com/2j28503.jpg[/img]

Exclamation

WE CAN MOVE FREELY and not just Up,Down,Left and Right

and we can go into the sewers....
    Last edited by Gergenator; 14th May 2013 at 5:23 PM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

After seeing this gameplay, I am just too excited for these games. Is it October yet?
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    After seeing this gameplay, I am just too excited for these games. Is it October yet?
    I second this notion wholeheartedly!

IK IM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR THESE GAMES!!!! i might explode
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Random observation: the boxart refers to the games as 'Pokemon X' and 'Pokemon Y', whereas previous games were called 'Pokemon Red Version', 'Pokemon Black Version 2' etc.

~Deadly

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Hmm....according to serebii.....the Rollerblades are attached to the shoes
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Page 178 of 526 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast