Page 179 of 526 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    Random observation: the boxart refers to the games as 'Pokemon X' and 'Pokemon Y', whereas previous games were called 'Pokemon Red Version', 'Pokemon Black Version 2' etc.

~Deadly
    Yeah, we knew that the Version was removed from the name from the day of the announcement, though some Nintendo sources still call them X Version and Y Version.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

Quote Originally Posted by mtqc View Post
    I'm hoping dual type moves will not be a major part of the games... or at least if they are, they aren't really confusing, because I just can't see it be anything but completely mind shattering to deal with.
    Doesn't seem confusing to me. apply weakness, resistance the same way you do for dual typed pokemon. If both attack types are SE, its x4, only one its x2, if none are SE its normal damage, if one type is resisted than its its .25 damage if both are resisted than it takes half. If one is resisted and one is SE than it takes normal damage. I think i did that right

So it is said that trainers grow their bond by holding its horns. Could that mean that humans can partake in the actual pokemon battle as well as in our protagonists can have attack and special attack stats and we as human trainers can faint before our own pokemon faint?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Doesn't seem confusing to me. apply weakness, resistance the same way you do for dual typed pokemon. If both attack types are SE, its x4, only one its x2, if none are SE its normal damage, if one type is resisted than its its .25 damage if both are resisted than it takes half. If one is resisted and one is SE than it takes normal damage. I think i did that right
    As if calculating damage wasn't hard enough... And as if pokemon who already have a 4x weakness weren't already susceptible enough....

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    As if calculating damage wasn't hard enough... And as if pokemon who already have a 4x weakness weren't already susceptible enough....
    Yeah actually looking at my post, those damage calcs will be a mess, i bet like a base 20 power rock/water combo move would decimate charizard lol

I think the Duel Type moves are going to be in the same vein as the Pledges we got in BW. Not a whole lot of moves, but like 3 or 5.

iirc, people where also worrying about how those "combo-moves" were going to change up the battles, but in the end no one really uses them.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but what are the three question marks for?
    I also wonder where the nickname goes.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Yeah actually looking at my post, those damage calcs will be a mess, i bet like a base 20 power rock/water combo move would decimate charizard lol
    It's funny you use that example, because that's the exact scenario I pictured in my head. Lol.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    So it is said that trainers grow their bond by holding its horns. Could that mean that humans can partake in the actual pokemon battle as well as in our protagonists can have attack and special attack stats and we as human trainers can faint before our own pokemon faint?
    that be funny/neat....

just Imagine.....Trainer used Bite

Fletchling used Flame charge

Trainer was burned

Trainer used B***h slap lol

it was super effective

Fletchling used Wing attack it was a Citical hit

Tainer Fainted (you blacked out.....Your pokemon Raced you to the pokemon center)
    Last edited by Gergenator; 14th May 2013 at 7:33 PM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    that be funny/neat....

just Imagine.....Trainer used Bite

Fletchling used Flame charge

Trainer was burned

Trainer used B***h slap lol

it was super effective

Fletchling used Wing attack it was a Citical hit

Tainer Fainted (you blacked out.....Your pokemon Raced you to the pokemon center)

In the Anime Jessie(or Jessy idk) caught her Seviper by b**** slapping it to death.
    So maybe this is a new battle meganism?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    What's the source for this?

If it's the Pokedex, it's probably just bullcrap.

I wonder if Seasons are going to be implemented again. I'm ASSUMING Day/Night is going to be there again, even though we haven't gotten any screens, so its starting to worry me...
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What's the source for this?

If it's the Pokedex, it's probably just bullcrap.
    I wish it were true, just imagine trainers growing bonds by holding it's horns... Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I wonder if Seasons are going to be implemented again. I'm ASSUMING Day/Night is going to be there again, even though we haven't gotten any screens, so its starting to worry me...
    yeah mee too i was hoping for seasons also
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

It's still TOO early to assume that because there's no screens that it increases the probability that the feature won't return. Plus this is the only news since what...February? I'd wait for more screens before being too worried about seasons and day/night.

One of the very first screens showed a different time of the day, so there is always that.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Maybe, maybe not. I'd imagine GameFreak's worrying more about the actual gameplay than aesthetics at this point - notice we've still only seen one battle background.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I wish it were true, just imagine trainers growing bonds by holding it's horns... Classic.
    "Aw, man, I love this chick, she rides me around while grabbing my horns."

The day/night "fear" is the stupidest god damn thing.

We go through this every single game, even in Platinum. EVEN IN HGSS.
    The vast majority of screenshots are always in the day time because it makes everything clear and easy to see.

Look at the Tainer's Shadow!!! it looks like it moves with the time of day
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

"Aw, man, I love this chick, she rides me around while grabbing my horns."
    That's what I'm saying! It's hilarious really, still at least Gogoat is getting something back from the trainer and not riding around feeling used. A quality Pokédex entry for the older fans.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

The vast majority of screenshots are always in the day time because it makes everything clear and easy to see.
    okay

so am I like the only one here who wouldn't miss it if it didn't return

someone give me validation on this, I honestly wouldn't miss it at all

Maybe, maybe not. I'd imagine GameFreak's worrying more about the actual gameplay than aesthetics at this point - notice we've still only seen one battle background.
    Actually if you look at the screen shots on on Pokebeach you can see they background changes depending on the area your in!

in one there is a fence and hills in a type of field area and another is a forest area which is surrounded by trees there is also an image of Fennekin standing on a sandy/ground area in the forest instead of the usual grass after using a fire attack which is making me wonder did it burn the grass away?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Well, alright. Thanks for the reassurance..
    #BuyUltraviolance

The Gameplay for X and Y looks amazing. Here are some things that strikes my interest.

- The Ability to Maneuver in any Directions
    - The Concept of intereacting with a bench and enjoying the view
    - More Customization Features
    - Changing camera angles
    - The Protagonist changing there view when he/she see's something that Strikes there Interest
    - Seeing the Protagonist riding Gogoat "on the field"
    - Cars

Im really looking forwards for the next Gameplay Trailer. It would be interesting to see what it has to show.
    Im loving X and Y so far.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 14th May 2013 at 9:36 PM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Junior12 View Post
    As soon as I can, I'm going to sit on that very same bench in the very same spot and just think, "yeahhh, I made it here..."
    On that section if you look up there is a gym symbol above to the right hand side.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Page 179 of 526 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast