Page 184 of 526 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

This is probably nothing, but I was going over the pre-release screenshots and I noticed something odd. On all the photos of the starters' moves screens, there's a slot that says "???" At first I was thinking it'd be for a hold item but why ??? and not "No held item"? Any ideas what that'd be for?
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    This is probably nothing, but I was going over the pre-release screenshots and I noticed something odd. On all the photos of the starters' moves screens, there's a slot that says "???" At first I was thinking it'd be for a hold item but why ??? and not "No held item"? Any ideas what that'd be for?
    Their Abilities, I'd say. We've heard nothing about their abilities. And if they are not the usual Torrent and such, there would be no reason to hide them, right?

New abilities for the starters would be neat.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Their Abilities, I'd say. We've heard nothing about their abilities. And if they are not the usual Torrent and such, there would be no reason to hide them, right?

Ehhhh, that would be cool and plausible, but the only thing that's making me doubt that is the fact that in the past those screens have included a description of the abilities. It is plausible though. Maybe we'll get a minor overhaul of the abilities system if that's the case?
    -metalbryce

1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

I'd agree, but isn't it funny how there's a small strip for naming its ability, and it's explanation. I think it might be something else.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

In the Japanese screenshots, instead of '???', something else is written. It says "なし" or nashi (meaning 'without').
    Without what? I can only assume that's it is indeed for Held Items.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    In the Japanese screenshots, instead of '???', something else is written. It says "なし" or nashi (meaning 'without').
    Without what? I can only assume that's it is indeed for Held Items.
    Oh okay, that's probably pretty solid evidence
    -metalbryce

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That doesn't really prove much about whether or not other players can appear in the overworld, keep in mind that the other gender character frequently appears as NPCs in the storyline.
    Yeah, I have to pretty much agree with this. There is no confirmation yet. I would love if they are rivals to each other though. It probably will not happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Yeah, I have to pretty much agree with this. There is no confirmation yet. I would love if they are rivals to each other though. It probably will not happen though.
    I just realized that has only happened in R/S/E??? So weird!
    -metalbryce

That would be Great if they Had Diff ability's other then Torrent,Blaze and such

i never really seen my starters ability used......

so it would be Nice for some Diff abilitys
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I really hope they cut unnecessary animations/text and things like that. Mostly the abilitity Intimidate. I don't need to know every single time a stat is reduced from an ability that I already know reduces a stat.
    -metalbryce

How do you guys feel about the fairy type? Do you think this will be the end to the annoying outrage sweeps considering dragon can't hurt fairy? Also what pokemon do you guys think will be turned into fairy types besides clefairy?
    Pokemon Black [FC]-1205 8498 6055
    I'm back !

Hmm, yeah, the Intimidate stat reduction animation can get annoying.
    But the Moxie one feels so good!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrixx View Post
    How do you guys feel about the fairy type? Do you think this will be the end to the annoying outrage sweeps considering dragon can't hurt fairy? Also what pokemon do you guys think will be turned into fairy types besides clefairy?
    I think that's the main reason fairy type should be created. and also to give poison types a slight boost in their offensive capabilities.

would anybody else like if the gyms weren't linear? like if there were like 10 gyms in Kalos and you could challenge the in whatever order you like, and their levels increase accordingly? I know this won't happen but if there was a way that GF could make this work, i think it would be pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I think that's the main reason fairy type should be created. and also to give poison types a slight boost in their offensive capabilities.

would anybody else like if the gyms weren't linear? like if there were like 10 gyms in Kalos and you could challenge the in whatever order you like, and their levels increase accordingly? I know this won't happen but if there was a way that GF could make this work, i think it would be pretty cool.
    It would be cool as it would allow you to have more of a choice similar to HG/SS where you can head to Olivine City or Mahogany Town (OMG why have I only just realised this is a town... with a gym)

this what i think the starters abilitys could/would be:

Fennikin--- Solar Power/Flash Fire

Froakie--- Water Absorb/Rain Dish/Damp

Chespin--- Chlorophyll/Leaf guard/photosynthesis

Note:
    This is of course for there first form and not evolutions
    Last edited by Gergenator; 16th May 2013 at 5:41 PM.
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    It would be cool as it would allow you to have more of a choice similar to HG/SS where you can head to Olivine City or Mahogany Town (OMG why have I only just realised this is a town... with a gym)
    exactly or similar to FRLG, IIRC you can do Sabrina's, koga's, Erika's, and Blaine's gyms in any order. I might be wrong about some but I think you have a choice like that or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrixx View Post
    IT'S NOT EVEN CONFIRMED! Belief can't harden into knowledge until Nintendo says so.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I really do not think that the starters will break the trend of having the starter abilities..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I really do not think that the starters will break the trend of having the starter abilities..
    I hope so too as unless they are on deaths door they dont really benifit from Overgrow, Torret and Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    That would be Great if they Had Diff ability's other then Torrent,Blaze and such

i never really seen my starters ability used......

so it would be Nice for some Diff abilitys
    but that's not going to happen. they will likely have hidden abilities but they're not going to replace the typical starter abilities for better ones. not only would that be unusual, but it would seem so unfair to the rest of the starters.

I love when people say "similar to HGSS" as if they changed it from GSC :3
    -metalbryce

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    IT'S NOT EVEN CONFIRMED! Belief can't harden into knowledge until Nintendo says so.
    Well you better get prepared because there is a good chance that a new type might be true, Fairy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    but that's not going to happen. they will likely have hidden abilities but they're not going to replace the typical starter abilities for better ones. not only would that be unusual, but it would seem so unfair to the rest of the starters.
    well very True...... so i guess not
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

I love when people say "similar to HGSS" as if they changed it from GSC :3
    it kinda did change... the game i mean more pokemon better moves

the reason i say HGSS is because its part of the gen 3 - 5 game series and GSC was part of Gen 1- 2

it kinda did lol
    No it didn't. The Olivine-Mahogany options were exactly the same.
    -metalbryce

Page 184 of 526 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast