Page 186 of 526 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    A trainer carrying a machete would be a bit risky eh? Imagine one falling the wrong hands? It would downright dangerous and the results hilarious. Mayne one could be found in the backstreets of Lumiose City.
    I'd rather come up against a trainer with a machete rather than a pokemon with scythes or claws sharp enough to cleave clean through trees

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    I'd rather come up against a trainer with a machete rather than a pokemon with scythes or claws sharp enough to cleave clean through trees
    yeah those kind of things you just gotta throw your pikachu at and run

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Having HMs being replaced by Key Items goes against the spirit of Pokemon, HMs exist to demonstrate the bond between trainer and Pokemon.
    They can really become an annoyance after a while- especially having a party pokemon stuck with Cut or Rock Smash until you get to the move deleter (Carrying my Simipour around in a White Nuzlocke with Scald, Bite, Acrobatics and.... Cut :|) What if they had a few moves of the same category that increased in strength? Like they'd still be the same HMs, but then the HM could be like a key placeholder thing that opens up more moves e.g the HM cut activates the ability from the moves Cut, Slash, Psycho cut etc. The HM Rock Smash activates the ability in Rock Smash, Brick Break etc. It wouldn't have to be as complicated as it seems. Tbh overworld moves have always been a bit puzzling- like it might have been just me, but I didn't know Softboiled and Milk Drink could be used out of battle :L

Atleast they could make it easier for us to be rid of the damn moves. I still kind of don't get why they simply can't be replaced. I mean they made it a lot easier with TMs by making them permanent because there are SO many pokemon so I could see them tweaking this.
    Last edited by storm12; 16th May 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

I think it would just be better to make HMs delete-able and have a HM slot pokemon, which cannot be used in battle.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I think it would just be better to make HMs delete-able and have a HM slot pokemon, which cannot be used in battle.
    you swear like game freak is going to really allow an HM Slave slot on your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    you swear like game freak is going to really allow an HM Slave slot on your team.
    Also you can always delete your HMs from the Move Deleter so an extra space for an HM slave isn't really needed.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

and canonise HM Slavery? Oh the outrage :P

Yeah, making them deletable would be so much easier. Or just make them better moves! I get that the one's you get earlier on are weaker, but even by those standards Rocks Smash and Cut are crappy moves!

Also, the Move Deleter is basically for HMs right? So why not get rid of the mechanic and just make them replaceable- can anyone tell me why your stuck with HMs? Is it something to do with not being stuck in an area?
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    They can really become an annoyance after a while- especially having a party pokemon stuck with Cut or Rock Smash until you get to the move deleter. What if they had a few moves of the same category that increased in strength? Like they'd still be the same HMs, but then the HM could be like a key placeholder thing that opens up more moves e.g the HM cut activates the ability from the moves Cut, Slash, Psycho cut etc. The HM Rock Smash activates the ability in Rock Smash, Brick Break etc. It wouldn't have to be as complicated as it seems. Tbh overworld moves have always been a bit puzzling- like it might have been just me, but I didn't know Softboiled and Milk Drink could be used out of battle :L

Atleast they could make it easier for us to be rid of the damn moves. I still kind of don't get why they simply can't be replaced.
    Swampert used Surf! *Player* and Swampert are now floating on the water. Swampert is trying to learn Earthquake. But Swampert already knows four moves. Delete a move so that Swampert can learn Earthquake? Yes. 1... 2... 3... Ta-Da! Swampert forgot Surf. Swampert learned Earthquake! *Player* sunk...

There could be multiple safeguards for THAT situation, but what if you were on a ledge and the only way off is to use Rock Climb and you delete it? And you don't have a Pokemon in your party that can learn Fly? And you SAVED on that ledge? What now?
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I have no problem with HMs. The way I play I only use 4 Pokemon anyway, leaving me two slots for HM Slaves (generally Tropius and Biberal)

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    There could be multiple safeguards for THAT situation, but what if you were on a ledge and the only way off is to use Rock Climb and you delete it? And you don't have a Pokemon in your party that can learn Fly? And you SAVED on that ledge? What now?
    you reteach that pokemon rock climb

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    But what if... What if... Oh...
    And there I go constantly telling people to just THINK for once...

Swampert used Surf! *Player* and Swampert are now floating on the water. Swampert is trying to learn Earthquake. But Swampert already knows four moves. Delete a move so that Swampert can learn Earthquake? Yes. 1... 2... 3... Ta-Da! Swampert forgot Surf. Swampert learned Earthquake! *Player* sunk...

Ah yeah, my logic has never allowed me to try that anyway :P But like you said it would be easy to stop that, it could just prevent you whilst your actually using it.

If you carry the HMs around with you, you gotta just reapply it- if you're in a situation where you can't switch pokemon and you deleted the move than surely you' be carrying the same pokemon?

I'd rather visit a move relearner and satisfy their heart scale fetish than go to see the REAL p*rvert who like to traumatise pokemon till they forget moves :P

But what if... What if... Oh...
    And there I go constantly telling people to just THINK for once...
    Sorry, could you please state the obvious for those who don't see it as obvious :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

yeah that somthing i was thinking should be in the games to where u have your 4 moves for battle then have a Seprete HM 4 moveslots...would be much easier

well for One HM are re-learnable so all u had to do is reteach it while on that ledge
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Sorry, could you please state the obvious for those who don't see as obvious :P
    O.K., here goes: 'the obvious'.
    jk

But yeah, it would be dandy if we could delete HMs, unless it causes innumerable bugs or something of that nature...

i dont think hms should just be forgettable at any time. it would compicate things and just be an annoyance i think. instead they should have more than one move deleter. one in every city or one in every 2-3
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

some hm moves i keep like surf some can be useful but i still don't get why they can't be removed to begin with
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    some hm moves i keep like surf some can be useful but i still don't get why they can't be removed to begin with
    its to prevent you getting trapped places its the same reason sometimes you cant release pokemon with an HM move

What if you traded that Pokemon over before you obtained the HM?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

If infrared trading returns, there's also the issue of getting stuck because you got into an area using an HM, then traded the Pokemon capable of learning the HM, and now you have no way out of the area.

The only HMs that could be deleted, then, would be Fly and Strength (under Gen V mechanics). Still, making those two moves TMs would reduce the number of HMs to four (Cut, Surf, Waterfall, Dive), which would definitely ease matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    If infrared trading returns, there's also the issue of getting stuck because you got into an area using an HM, then traded the Pokemon capable of learning the HM, and now you have no way out of the area.

The only HMs that could be deleted, then, would be Fly and Strength (under Gen V mechanics).
    Haha! You forget that you cannot trade Pokemon with HM moves! Unless you mean you delete the move THEN trade.

Unless you mean you delete the move THEN trade.
    Yeah, because otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

I will be devastated if TM's are no longer endlessly reusable.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I will be devastated if TM's are no longer endlessly reusable.
    I dont think that would happen again Gen v was a step forward i think it was like 2 weeks in before i realised they where reusable

I dont think that would happen again Gen v was a step forward i think it was like 2 weeks in before i realised they where reusable
    I don't think so either but anything is possible. I also hope that Max repels prompt you with the option to use another one after the precious one runs out. like b2w2

and I'm just sittin' here hoping the touch screen menu from HGSS returns

Page 186 of 526 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast