Page 196 of 526 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

i know what the villains in X and Y will be after they want the dragonballs so we must use our kryptonion powers to save candy land from aliens.

just kidding xD but since the last few have been based on elements ( team aqua team magma team glalatic team plasma) maybe the new one will to. team nova or meh thats all i got
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    i know what the villains in X and Y will be after they want the dragonballs so we must use our kryptonion powers to save candy land from aliens.

just kidding xD but since the last few have been based on elements ( team aqua team magma team glalatic team plasma) maybe the news one will to team nova or meh thats all i got
    Maybe GameFreak will throw us a curveball and suddenly make a team based on a concept observed only at a microscopic level. Like Team Chromosome or something along the lines of DNA-related concepts. That'd make a good game for the Team to alter Pokémon's DNA to make them stronger and such.

Edit: wait isn't this Gameplay Spec? Why did you discuss Characters in Gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe GameFreak will throw us a curveball and suddenly make a team based on a concept observed only at a microscopic level. Like Team Chromosome or something along the lines of DNA-related concepts. That'd make a good game for the Team to alter Pokémon's DNA to make them stronger and such.

Edit: wait isn't this Gameplay Spec? Why did you discuss Characters in Gameplay?
    i thought the villains are part of the gameplay you fight them in game don't you
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team

Maybe its Team..... (*drum roll*)

FAIRY!
    They should make a Ground/Water Pokemon designed off of a Camel

Hugh was amazing but only have 4 pokemon again just made him too easy, Barry in Platinum was kind of right and Green/Gary. I want it to be a 'rival' not a friend who you complete demolish..although that will happen anyway :P
    Another Jerk rival would be great, maybe even join the evil team to stop you?
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

How would you guys feel about the game letting you go to areas which are much higher levelled than you?
    For example (this is basic), if you go right, this is the 'correct way', story-wise and all that. But if you go left, there are trainers & wild Pokemon which are higher than you.

I think it would be somehow good, as long as they don't let us into the 'wrong side' too much, so as to not spoil anything.

Also, I think there should be strong trainers in all the towns.
    I mean, I'm sure there should be people who have been training for longer than you and all that; I think it would be interesting if you battled, and they told you to come back later, when you're stronger etc
    Just my ideas.

i thought the villains are part of the gameplay you fight them in game don't you
    Well more of Characters unless we contribute some sort of "maybe they give this to you and these are the mechanics of what it does" discussion afterwards.

Even though DNA being used by the evil team sounds repetitive from BW2, maybe the evil team will give out certain TMs that are moves we've never seen/new moves that they've manufactured and produced.These moves could involve utilizing the Pokémon's DNA to power the attack or such.
    I mean after seeing Colress and Charon, I'm convinced evil teams would hire innovative minds to make stronger moves for their team in order to get the upper hand. Those minds could probably make TMs for the Team and the player could probably get some TMs for new moves after battling grunts or admins, or just by raiding their bases.

Just had a thought, the dream world will come back right? I sincerely hope you can access it in this new game!
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Just had a thought, the dream world will come back right? I sincerely hope you can access it in this new game!
    I liked the Hidden Grottoes much better, and I felt that they were more convenient since I didn't always have the opportunity to access a computer for the DW. Although the DW could always give you a Pokémon, some kids probably didn't have the knowledge of accessing the internet for Pokémon (some, not most or all).
    The DW, however, seems like it's going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    How would you guys feel about the game letting you go to areas which are much higher levelled than you?
    For example (this is basic), if you go right, this is the 'correct way', story-wise and all that. But if you go left, there are trainers & wild Pokemon which are higher than you.

I think it would be somehow good, as long as they don't let us into the 'wrong side' too much, so as to not spoil anything.

Also, I think there should be strong trainers in all the towns.
    I mean, I'm sure there should be people who have been training for longer than you and all that; I think it would be interesting if you battled, and they told you to come back later, when you're stronger etc
    Just my ideas.
    already can do that i made a mistake in heart god and went to lake of rage early xD still pwned though xD or not train what so ever and avoid all trainers, same can be put teh other way over train and you'll blast through afterwards since they'd all be like lvl 20 and you'd be lvl 40.
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team

I doubt the Dream World itself would come back, as it's implied to be an Unova-only thing, given how heavily it's linked to the Entralink, the C-Gear, Munna/Musharna and Fennel's research. I'd imagine that Gen VI would provide something similar, though, and possibly let you carry over any records or items you had stored in the Dream World over to the new system.

already can do that i made a mistake in heart god and went to lake of rage early xD still pwned though xD or not train what so ever and avoid all trainers, same can be put teh other way over train and you'll blast through afterwards since they'd all be like lvl 20 and you'd be lvl 40.
    That's not a mistake. GSCHGSS have similar levels no matter which way you go first. The problem with the pacing of those games, in fact, stems from the fact that whichever portion of the game you complete second will be too easy due to fact that the levels are reflective of an earlier area of the game.

I liked the Hidden Grottoes much better, and I felt that they were more convenient since I didn't always have the opportunity to access a computer for the DW. Although the DW could always give you a Pokémon, some kids probably didn't have the knowledge of accessing the internet for Pokémon (some, not most or all).
    The DW, however, seems like it's going to stay.
    Yeah I'm not a massive fan of the dream world, its the abilities I don't want to lose!

how was that a mistake lol you need surf to get there so you must have had 4 badges and after you get mortys badge you can go either west or east its your choice lol

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of the dream world, its the abilities I don't want to lose!
    Hidden Abilities seem to have ingrained themselves deep into competitive gameplay, so we wouldn't lose them this gen. Unless there are that many new players compared to veteran players so GameFreak will pull HA's out, which I don't see. I mean the Pokémon n00b freshman on my bus still discuss the usefulness of Dream World abilities and why they make their favorites their favorites.

Hidden Abilities seem to have ingrained themselves deep into competitive gameplay, so we wouldn't lose them this gen. Unless there are that many new players compared to veteran players so GameFreak will pull HA's out, which I don't see. I mean the Pokémon n00b freshman on my bus still discuss the usefulness of Dream World abilities and why they make their favorites their favorites.
    I'm not as worried about older pokes keeping their abilities when I bring them forward just the newer ones getting them. Mainly for the starters really hopefully make them more useful and justifiable on more competitive teams.

I'm not as worried about older pokes keeping their abilities when I bring them forward just the newer ones getting them. Mainly for the starters really hopefully make them more useful and justifiable on more competitive teams.
    Well, there won't be any new Hidden Abilities for old Pokémon since they've been established. Oh, wait, a few old Pokémon either don' have a DW ability or have the same ability as their DW ability, so maybe we can see those Pokémon get new abilities?
    I doubt it, but the 6th gen getting hidden abilities is definite.

Speaking of Hidden Abilities, I want DW or whatever online connection 6th gen brings to the table to be more personalized and enjoyable. Maybe chatrooms? Maybe minigames that are actually kind of fun and not tedious excuses to get your pretty little Drizzle Poliwag?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    Speaking of Hidden Abilities, I want DW or whatever online connection 6th gen brings to the table to be more personalized and enjoyable. Maybe chatrooms? Maybe minigames that are actually kind of fun and not tedious excuses to get your pretty little Drizzle Poliwag?
    Mini games in the style of the stadium games would be nice. You use your pokemon and they get friendly from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Mini games in the style of the stadium games would be nice. You use your pokemon and they get friendly from it.
    if only pokemon stadium 3 was in the works, that'd be nice to include mini games like those to be able to obtain pokemon with their hidden abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    The Chansey game from Stadium 2 comes to mind. Maybe that helps your egg hatch at a faster rate depending on factors like time, beating your record, beating your opponents, how you caught Chansey's eggs, etc.

I wonder if that friendship connection thing might have something to do with DW Abilities like when you breed a Pokemon your really close with it's children would be more likely to have their DW Ability maybe that would work on getting Shiny Pokemon too

Also I think Sylveon might evolve with Friendship maybe when holding a certain item like a Soothbell or a new item like a Friendship Ribbon

Would anybody else like to see the Hidden Bases come back? I loved that feature in Hoenn and Sinnoh and with how connected we are now days I could see instead of going to the PokeCenter to use the Wi-Fi Club your Base could act as a Wi-Fi Club and you could have your friends in your base or go to theirs maybe it would open the door for little minigames or something

I also would very much like the Hidden Grotto's back the major reason being is they wete so beautiful and peaceful =w= the light filtering through the canopy the soft sounds of the wind and the leaves rustling if I was a Pokemon id definatly want to live there and id love to have a Hidden Base in a place like that lol

The guys at Devon Co. said they were working on a human-to-pokemon translator and the trailers keep on rambling on about bonds... so maybe more interacting with your Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    The guys at Devon Co. said they were working on a human-to-pokemon translator and the trailers keep on rambling on about bonds... so maybe more interacting with your Pokemon?
    Finally, the Nintendogs/Pokemon crossover of my dreams is coming to life!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Finally, the Nintendogs/Pokemon crossover of my dreams is coming to life!
    You have to admit, teaching your Salamence or Tyrantitar how to give paw and roll over would be pretty interesting.

Something I noticed on the screenshots of the starter's movesets is that there's a blue hexagonal marking next to the set of markings the player can assign to a Pokemon.

Anyone want to take a guess at what it indicates? Bear in mind that the Kalos region is shaped like a pentagon, with the eastern/coastal portion typically colored blue.

EDIT: goddammit I learned these like last week in math class f*ck
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 20th May 2013 at 2:03 AM.

Page 196 of 526 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast