Page 201 of 526 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5001
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    I think we should get a Diglett Split evolution.....one that comes outta the ground.....like evolves into Ground/Fighting or somthin

    That would be kind of awesome actually haha.

  2. #5002
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Replying to this, but Re:the whole discussion...

    There was some weird stuff going on in Gen I and plenty of those evolutions don't make a whole lot of sense. You don't need a shellder to evolve Slowpoke in the same way you don't need to have three Magnemites or Digletts in your party to evolve those pokemon (though arguably diglett could split into three heads, Magnemite is clearly stated to have three magnemites come together to form Magneton). You also don't need another Koffing to conjoin with to form Weezing. I wouldn't pay random shellders too much mind. It's just a mild example of gameplay and story segregation.
    I'm not sure about Diglett but I guess we can say when Magnemite reaches the specific level it could have store enough energy to attract two other Magnemite and they become Magneton, for obvious reason, we don't see the action of 2 random Magnemite being pulled to it.

    Pokemon Y

    Pokemon X

    Omega Ruby

    Alpha Sapphire


  3. #5003
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    i think were a bit off topic here

    btw i wonder what New HM we will have
    Last edited by Gergenator; 23rd May 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  4. #5004
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    i think were a bit off topic here

    btw i wonder what New HM we will have
    Hopefully none since in Gen V HM's weren't even mandatory anymore in order to advance in the story.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  5. #5005
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    for flash....i think a key item (flashlight) would be nice

    for Rock climb......Key item (climbing gear)

    for Dive......Key item (under water breathing mask or UWB for short
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  6. #5006
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    i wonder what New HM we will have
    You speak as if there's any guarantee we'll be getting one. 5th gen didn't have any new ones.

    I do think we'll get one, but IDK what.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #5007
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    I hope HMs are ridden from existence and instead just stay as TMs with the outside effects.

    That or just keep Surf, Waterfall and Fly. At least Gen 5 made Rock Smash a TM now.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 23rd May 2013 at 10:25 PM.

  8. #5008
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    I wonder how much the TM list will increase by? Gen 5 didn't increase by much at all(Only like 2-3)

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  9. #5009
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You speak as if there's any guarantee we'll be getting one. 5th gen didn't have any new ones.

    I do think we'll get one, but IDK what.
    Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
    Or…
    For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.

  10. #5010
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Well im not sure myself what they could add they might because of all the mountains I see bring back Rock Climb and it would be nice if they raised Cuts power to like 70 or even 65 but I think Riding Gogoats will require a item instead of being a HM thing im thinking the item might a Saddle look when your riding a Gogoat your on a Saddle like thing but in battle its not there so I think that might be how that works BUT maybe a HM could work maybe you have to train your Gogoat to carry you via a HM maybe something called Carry on or something I could see it boosting the attack and HP of the Gogoat in battle that would make sense as the Gogoat would have to be strong and have good endurence to carry it's trainer

    Also I hope Gogoats have more use then just carrying you around in the city like ok Hoenn had ramps you had to use your bike to jump to and fro on and hills that you could only speed up Sinnoh had the hills too (did Unova? can't remember off hand) but what if instead of your bike you ride your Gogoat

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  11. #5011
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Would really enjoy a Pokemon Snap-esque side game.

    The player could be given a digital camera at some point during the story and would be able to take
    photos anywhere in the region of pokemon that are found in that area.

    Rarer pokemon/ clearer photos would give the player more points that could be redeemed for TMs, items, and berries.

    Furthermore, players would be able to upload their photos to compare/share online.

  12. #5012
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by char_char View Post
    Would really enjoy a Pokemon Snap-esque side game.

    The player could be given a digital camera at some point during the story and would be able to take
    photos anywhere in the region of pokemon that are found in that area.

    Rarer pokemon/ clearer photos would give the player more points that could be redeemed for TMs, items, and berries.

    Furthermore, players would be able to upload their photos to compare/share online.
    Miiverse (3DS)! That would be great to check the pictures taken. But oh well... We still have to wait for it to be released.

  13. #5013
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    I don't think HMs are going away anytime soon, but I do think they should and will continue to take measures to de-emphasize them. The HM list will probably be reduced to the ones that are actual obstacles, since those are the ones that require restrictions on deletion (since being able to delete them anytime you want has the potential to allow you to trap yourself). With that in mind, I think the only ones that are certain to stay are Surf, and Strength. Cut and Rock Smash might be possible, but they're not particularly useful. Fly would be downgraded to TM if it's left as is (I do think this one should be improved to allow you to explore the skies, but I don't think this will happen in this game). Waterfall can be downgraded to TM as long as waterfalls are placed in a way that you don't need to ascend them to return to the main path. Flash and Defog are unnecessary, you can progress through the game without them. Rock Climb can be filled by vehicles. Dive and Whirlpool are also possibles, but unlikely in this game because there are too few sea routes to take advantage of them. I think any other HMs they add should add something significant to the gameplay or area layout, those are the ones that are most useful. That is part of why I believe Surf and Strength are the only constants here, those two are the only ones (besides Dive) that do. Surf adds a new method of transportation and catching Pokemon. Strength adds a puzzle element to the game, and as of 5th gen can be used as a temporary one way roadblock. Dive adds yet another new method of catching Pokemon, and both literally and figuratively adds depth to water routes. Any new HM they come up with will have to do something equally useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
    Maybe in 7th gen, but I think Gogoat riding is going to be limited for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.
    That reminds me, Dig should be promoted to HM and used to dig through loose sand in both floors and walls. That would definitely add to area layouts, especially in mountains and caves.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd May 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #5014
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by char_char View Post
    Would really enjoy a Pokemon Snap-esque side game.

    The player could be given a digital camera at some point during the story and would be able to take
    photos anywhere in the region of pokemon that are found in that area.

    Rarer pokemon/ clearer photos would give the player more points that could be redeemed for TMs, items, and berries.

    Furthermore, players would be able to upload their photos to compare/share online.
    Thats a really fun idea your given a Camera item and when you use it you go into a photo taking mode almost like you can with your 3DS ooo maybe when you do you hold still then maybe how you point your 3DS IRL will be how your pointing the Camera in the game that sounds really fun actually people now days almost always have a Camera on them somewhere somehow usually via phone or something I think that would be a good way to make the experience richer (you could take Pictures in Pokepark Wii why not in X and Y)

    On a side note what do you think the features of that bracelet thing the protagonists wear is? it looks more decoritive then functional but sense they normally show the device somewhere on the protagonist I can only assume the bracelet is it

    Maybe the gem thing pills up a holographic menu where you can live chat (im pretty sure calling or chatting somehow is standard now) do stuff via Wi-fi and such like if the Dream World or ma... hm... that just gave me a idea about that tree like thing in the upper right hand side of the region

    Remember the Gient Tree from the Dream World maybe thats what the big Tree is maybe going inside it connects you to the Dream World or maybe its a in game Dream World like place where theres mini games or something or like White Tree Hallow/ PMD where its like a Dungeon and theres Pokemon inside it with Dream World Abilities

    Wow I just topic jumped all over the place XD

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  15. #5015
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Thats a really fun idea your given a Camera item and when you use it you go into a photo taking mode almost like you can with your 3DS ooo maybe when you do you hold still then maybe how you point your 3DS IRL will be how your pointing the Camera in the game that sounds really fun actually people now days almost always have a Camera on them somewhere somehow usually via phone or something I think that would be a good way to make the experience richer (you could take Pictures in Pokepark Wii why not in X and Y)

    On a side note what do you think the features of that bracelet thing the protagonists wear is? it looks more decoritive then functional but sense they normally show the device somewhere on the protagonist I can only assume the bracelet is it

    Maybe the gem thing pills up a holographic menu where you can live chat (im pretty sure calling or chatting somehow is standard now) do stuff via Wi-fi and such like if the Dream World or ma... hm... that just gave me a idea about that tree like thing in the upper right hand side of the region

    Remember the Gient Tree from the Dream World maybe thats what the big Tree is maybe going inside it connects you to the Dream World or maybe its a in game Dream World like place where theres mini games or something or like White Tree Hallow/ PMD where its like a Dungeon and theres Pokemon inside it with Dream World Abilities

    Wow I just topic jumped all over the place XD
    i had the same idea. it looks like it should have a hologram display, because it is so small. i hope it combines functions from the xtranciever and the poketch. you know communication and apps, maybe a map. the xtranciever was good, but it lacked much of a use, the poketch was used way more in my opinion. we need something similar.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  16. #5016
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by char_char View Post
    Would really enjoy a Pokemon Snap-esque side game.

    The player could be given a digital camera at some point during the story and would be able to take
    photos anywhere in the region of pokemon that are found in that area.

    Rarer pokemon/ clearer photos would give the player more points that could be redeemed for TMs, items, and berries.




    Furthermore, players would be able to upload their photos to compare/share online.
    That is a wonderful idea

  17. #5017
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    There appear to be crosshairs close to where the pokeball is thrown, so the process of catching a pokemon may be interactive.

    Since this belongs in the Gameplay thread, I'll discuss this here.

    Here we see the Trainer catching a Pokemon, well, rather throwing the Pokeball to catch a Fletchling. Could the game mechanics of catching Pokemon change so that the camera on the DS require the player to actually make a thrwoing motion with his/her arm to throw the PokeBall?
    I can see this being implemented in the future rather than now, but I wouldn't be too surprised if this mechanics is present in X/Y.

  18. #5018
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Maybe not make a throwing motion with the 3DS that would be a bit weird. But maybe aim with the Gyroscope. Better aim = higher catch rate or something. That would be pretty cool actually.

  19. #5019
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    Maybe not make a throwing motion with the 3DS that would be a bit weird. But maybe aim with the Gyroscope. Better aim = higher catch rate or something. That would be pretty cool actually.
    Not a throwing motion with the 3DS! The camera registers a throwing motion the player does with their arm and that's how you catch it.

  20. #5020
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    191

    Default

    That would look really weird in public.

  21. #5021
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
    Or…
    For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.
    I hope there will be some kind of "lava surf" to get across the lava. In Stark Mountain and Reversal Mountain, there was lava. Maybe they could make some alternate kind of Surf with lava. Like Torkoal did in Mystery Dungeon.


    Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

  22. #5022
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    That would look really weird in public.
    Ha! just imagine.... in public throwing your arm like crazy trying to catch some legendary and people think you have terets or think your some retard :P

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    I hope there will be some kind of "lava surf" to get across the lava. In Stark Mountain and Reversal Mountain, there was lava. Maybe they could make some alternate kind of Surf with lava. Like Torkoal did in Mystery Dungeon.
    the move could be: Broil like broiling water
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  23. #5023
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    At work
    Posts
    614

    Default

    I'm hoping for Contests, preferably ones that smack together the Dress-up and Dancing rounds of DPPt and the Appeal Round of RSE, the Pokétch, something similar to the PokéStar Studios, a Battle Frontier, the PWT, a Medal system, something like the Join Avenue, something to raise Contest condition like Poffin, Secret Bases, and events that happen, such as the furniture sales and the Block Master, after you beat the League. They're definitely going to have a way to bring the Pokémon from DPPt, BW, B2W2 into XY. That was given with the new form of Mewtwo.

    ~Ayra~

    Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
    Or…
    For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.
    The move 'Charge' already exists. It raises the Pokémon's electric move's power.

    ~Ayra~
    Last edited by Ayra; 24th May 2013 at 6:34 PM.
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

  24. #5024
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Not a throwing motion with the 3DS! The camera registers a throwing motion the player does with their arm and that's how you catch it.
    That would be hard to pull off.

    I like the idea of using the gyroscope to aim the Poke Ball, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #5025
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That would be hard to pull off.

    I like the idea of using the gyroscope to aim the Poke Ball, though.
    Yeah, this is better. Probably like flicking your 3DS forward a bit to increase the chances of getting a critical hit, Which would also look a bit weird in public. Or maybe there is some kind of thing that shows your protagonist's arm moving in slow motion and you have to tilt your 3DS forward and you match the movement to ensure a critical catch or sure catch.

Page 201 of 526 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •