Page 204 of 526 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5076
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having Rock Climb back as an HM, but for the love of God, don't make it mandatory.
    Defog, and Rock Smash must never make a HM return.
    Defog was literally the stupidest thing ever.

    If they are going to give us more HMs please don't make them mandatory in order to advance in the story.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  2. #5077
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think Tree Climb could be a move to reach high treetops and canopies. Maybe that's how you reach that tree-like building with the swinging ropes that resemble vines. Tree Limb could be a Steel or Normal move.
    It seems more like a gym, with a way to get around similar to Skyla or Burgh's.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  3. #5078
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I think Tree Climb could be a move to reach high treetops and canopies. Maybe that's how you reach that tree-like building with the swinging ropes that resemble vines. Tree Limb could be a Steel or Normal move.
    This reminds me, if they're going to make another HM, don't make it a Normal or Water type move, we have more than enough HMs for those types.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having Rock Climb back as an HM, but for the love of God, don't make it mandatory.
    Defog, and Rock Smash must never make a HM return.
    Defog I agree, but not Rock Smash. If they make it at least as useful as it was in HGSS, and power up the move itself so it's not horribly weak (I'd say at least base 60), then I'd welcome it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #5079
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This reminds me, if they're going to make another HM, don't make it a Normal or Water type move, we have more than enough HMs for those types.



    Defog I agree, but not Rock Smash. If they make it at least as useful as it was in HGSS, and power up the move itself so it's not horribly weak (I'd say at least base 60), then I'd welcome it.
    Do not forget flash, thank god it was removed as a HM but it was a HM again, Imma.. *shakes fist at GF*
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

    If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

  5. #5080
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    If I were the developers, there would only be 3 HMs: Fly, Surf and Dive.
    Cut, Defog, Flash, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall, Whirlpool... they are better left as TMs.

    I think those 3 moves are the most important and useful ones.
    Strength is just an obstacle remover, much like Cut, Whirlpool and Rock Smash. Rock Climb and Waterfall are just variants of each other.
    IMO, Headbutt had much more use in GSC/HGSS than Cut and Strength.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  6. #5081
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I'd personally rather have to get a specific HM to advance in the story, as opposed to random people blocking every path.

    I find it less obnoxious and more believable to be told I can't advance because of a physical barrier (boulders, waterfalls, etc.) that I can later earn the strength and ability to overcome, rather than some random guy telling me the bridge is out or the tunnel is being cleaned...

    Dunno if that's clear at all whoops. I'd just much rather be told "you can't pass here because you don't have the means to cut this tree/move this boulder/scale this sheer cliff" than "oh yeah there's a power outage, sorry too dangerous to go there".

  7. #5082
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If I were the developers, there would only be 3 HMs: Fly, Surf and Dive.
    Cut, Defog, Flash, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall, Whirlpool... they are better left as TMs.

    I think those 3 moves are the most important and useful ones.
    Strength is just an obstacle remover, much like Cut, Whirlpool and Rock Smash. Rock Climb and Waterfall are just variants of each other.
    IMO, Headbutt had much more use in GSC/HGSS than Cut and Strength.
    Wait that reminds me. People are going to hate me for this, but I think Waterfall shouldn't be an HM or TM at all. One can climb the rocks behind a waterfall with enough ambition, so Rock Cimb should just be changed to Climb and become Steel typed with the same Att./BP.
    Climb could be used for climbing rocky walls, waterfall rocks, and trees with horizontal cuts or ridges.

  8. #5083
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Wait that reminds me. People are going to hate me for this, but I think Waterfall shouldn't be an HM or TM at all. One can climb the rocks behind a waterfall with enough ambition, so Rock Cimb should just be changed to Climb and become Steel typed with the same Att./BP.
    Climb could be used for climbing rocky walls, waterfall rocks, and trees with horizontal cuts or ridges.
    Not all waterfalls are that close to rock walls though. I've seen several waterfalls run off of an extended cliff and actually fall several feet away from the wall behind it.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  9. #5084
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Not all waterfalls are that close to rock walls though. I've seen several waterfalls run off of an extended cliff and actually fall several feet away from the wall behind it.
    True, Niagara Falls runs off further because of certain velocities the water has.
    However, We should assume they are close because, to be honest, most of the waterfalls in Pokemon actually look close to the plateaus they run off.

  10. #5085
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Wait that reminds me. People are going to hate me for this, but I think Waterfall shouldn't be an HM or TM at all. One can climb the rocks behind a waterfall with enough ambition, so Rock Cimb should just be changed to Climb and become Steel typed with the same Att./BP.
    Climb could be used for climbing rocky walls, waterfall rocks, and trees with horizontal cuts or ridges.
    But then you'll lose a great move! MAYBE it makes more sense, but Waterfall is the best Physical water move. (There aren't any others, right? Okay, we have Aqua Jet and Razor Shell.)
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

  11. #5086
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    But then you'll lose a great move! MAYBE it makes more sense, but Waterfall is the best Physical water move. (There aren't any others, right? Okay, we have Aqua Jet and Razor Shell.)
    I don't like the idea of taking out Waterfall, but I'm actually pushing for Rock Cimb being used for all in-field climbing tasks. Waterfall could just gain some extra effect like making the opponent flinch since a waterfall irl makes those climbing small ones blink or close their eyes.

  12. #5087
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I don't like the idea of taking out Waterfall, but I'm actually pushing for Rock Cimb being used for all in-field climbing tasks. Waterfall could just gain some extra effect like making the opponent flinch since a waterfall irl makes those climbing small ones blink or close their eyes.
    But for what you could use Rock Climb more?
    Actually, Waterfall already has a chance to flinch.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

  13. #5088
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Because we're talking about HMs, I came up of an idea a while ago (can't remember if I mentioned it already).

    Ice Breaker: Physical
    80 Damage, 100 Accuracy

    It'll break ice so you can go ice fishing.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  14. #5089
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    But for what you could use Rock Climb more?
    Actually, Waterfall already has a chance to flinch.
    Rock Climb could be implemented so you could climb up anything (rocky inclines, house siding, ridged trees, waterfalls,etc.)
    Yeah, it does, so what more does Waterfall need if it had its glory as an HM and having a chance to flinch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    I always thought most grass types should get regenerator as an ability because what happens when you cut a plant or pull up a weed? Thats right it grows right back... makes sense to me anyway.
    Well, maybe we should have a move that cuts Leech Seed, Ingrain, and negates drain attacks including Drain Punch to balance this out.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 25th May 2013 at 8:35 PM.

  15. #5090
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If I were the developers, there would only be 3 HMs: Fly, Surf and Dive.
    Cut, Defog, Flash, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall, Whirlpool... they are better left as TMs.

    I think those 3 moves are the most important and useful ones.
    Strength is just an obstacle remover, much like Cut, Whirlpool and Rock Smash. Rock Climb and Waterfall are just variants of each other.
    IMO, Headbutt had much more use in GSC/HGSS than Cut and Strength.
    The problem with the "obstacle remover" HMs is that as useless as they are, they still cause that situation where they could trap the player, which is the reason HMs exist in the first place. The only exception is Waterfall, which can be made to allow you to travel down waterfalls without knowing the HM (I believe this has actually been done in RSE). I suppose Rock Climb could do the same, now that you mention it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Rock Climb could be implemented so you could climb up anything (rocky inclines, house siding, ridged trees, waterfalls,etc.)
    Yeah, it does, so what more does Waterfall need if it had its glory as an HM and having a chance to flinch?
    Rock Climb wouldn't make sense for waterfalls since they aren't solid. You wouldn't climb a waterfall the same way you would a solid object.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #5091
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No Idea... Earth I guess...
    Posts
    193

    Default

    so.. nobody thinks that we will use those taxi cabs to move within Lumiose City? maybe to go to specific places i.e Lumiose City Gym - 100p, Skyfell tower - 200p or something like that hehehe

  17. #5092
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The problem with the "obstacle remover" HMs is that as useless as they are, they still cause that situation where they could trap the player, which is the reason HMs exist in the first place. The only exception is Waterfall, which can be made to allow you to travel down waterfalls without knowing the HM (I believe this has actually been done in RSE). I suppose Rock Climb could do the same, now that you mention it.



    Rock Climb wouldn't make sense for waterfalls since they aren't solid. You wouldn't climb a waterfall the same way you would a solid object.

    Yes, but TMs are presumably still reusable, so to speak you can't get trapped '3'

    And what happens if you have to climb a frozen waterfall? It's not rocks, but it's not liquid '3'

    I like how we can sit down. Really realistic and cool.

    And I hope Fly is given later. Perhaps 2nd visit to Lumiose? (It seems like we have to circle back!)

  18. #5093

    Default

    I think there will be only 5 HM's this gen, and the returning ones I believe are the fab 3: Surf, Strength, Cut. The other 2 I would like to say are most likely gonna be new HM's with a 3D gimmick.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

    FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

  19. #5094
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Because we're talking about HMs, I came up of an idea a while ago (can't remember if I mentioned it already).

    Ice Breaker: Physical
    80 Damage, 100 Accuracy

    It'll break ice so you can go ice fishing.
    That seems really pointless to be honest.


    I don't really see a problems with HMs as they are in the 5th gen. I do think that move deleters should be more plentiful and that Rock Smash could use a power boost, but apart from that there's not much of a problem. As long as HM obstacles aren't in such abundance that it becomes an annoyance I think they're a good mechanic.

    e: Oh, I do think that there should be more Dive spots (similar to RSE). I loved underwater.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 26th May 2013 at 3:56 PM.

  20. #5095
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    I think there will be only 5 HM's this gen, and the returning ones I believe are the fab 3: Surf, Strength, Cut. The other 2 I would like to say are most likely gonna be new HM's with a 3D gimmick.
    How about Fly? That's kind of a given.

  21. #5096
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    How about this:

    After defeating the game, you access a multiplayer mode. Any other player of Pokemon X or Pokemon Y and You have your worlds merged! You can journey together anime style for a while if you want! Kinda like DQIX! Or perhaps a wireless server? Kinda like Funfest, but you aren't limited to the missions.

    This works with character customization and clothes!

    (Did it say you can do a combo of any of those hairs, skins and eyes? Or just those three pictures...)

    It'd be postgame due to the fact:

    -It could mess with the plot!

    -If they level up lots in that world, they could OP in their main games. And if it reverted, I'm sure they'd be p*ssed!

    -X&Y seem to have a different path for each game.


    A wireless server would be cool! You start one up, and your friends can go into your world! But they can't catch your legends/one-off Pokemon!

    And perhaps the ability to re-challenge gyms? Every ten times you beat the champion, the whole gym levels up!

    Defeat Champion First Time: 60-65

    10 Times: 65-70

    20 Times: 75-80

    30 Times: 85-90

    40 Times: 90-95

    50 Times: 95-100


    Would be pretty good training and money, as well as fun!

  22. #5097
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    Anyone think we'll be able to speak, even slightly? I hate how we get into these huge situations and are unable to say something. Even phrases would be nice.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

  23. #5098
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Anyone think we'll be able to speak, even slightly? I hate how we get into these huge situations and are unable to say something. Even phrases would be nice.
    In BW/B2W2, the main characters spoke on certain occasions, although most of the times it seems like inner monologue.
    But I would really like to say something else besides 'yes' and 'no'. So yeah, I'd like the MP to be more vocal.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  24. #5099
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    How about this:

    After defeating the game, you access a multiplayer mode. Any other player of Pokemon X or Pokemon Y and You have your worlds merged! You can journey together anime style for a while if you want! Kinda like DQIX! Or perhaps a wireless server? Kinda like Funfest, but you aren't limited to the missions.
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    And perhaps the ability to re-challenge gyms? Every ten times you beat the champion, the whole gym levels up!

    Defeat Champion First Time: 60-65

    10 Times: 65-70

    20 Times: 75-80

    30 Times: 85-90

    40 Times: 90-95

    50 Times: 95-100


    Would be pretty good training and money, as well as fun!
    Definitely all for this back in Platinum, the gym leaders in the Survival Zone had their teams up to Lv. 60+, but they didn't change after beating the champion more than twice.
    If this was implemented, I'd find more interest and purpose in gyms post E4.

  25. #5100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    In BW/B2W2, the main characters spoke on certain occasions, although most of the times it seems like inner monologue.
    But I would really like to say something else besides 'yes' and 'no'. So yeah, I'd like the MP to be more vocal.
    Like I said, it could even be pre-programed phrases relying on the situation.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Page 204 of 526 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •