Page 205 of 526 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5101
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Like I said, it could even be pre-programed phrases relying on the situation.
    I quite liked how they handled talking in the mystery dungeon games (explorer and team) but I am not sure if it could work for main series games...

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  2. #5102
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I quite liked how they handled talking in the mystery dungeon games (explorer and team) but I am not sure if it could work for main series games...
    How does that not work for the main games? I'd love to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #5103
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I quite liked how they handled talking in the mystery dungeon games (explorer and team) but I am not sure if it could work for main series games...
    It wasn't bad.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

  4. #5104
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    854

    Default

    I think it's a little weird I'm getting extremely excited to see what kind of clothing we'll be able to get for are trainer.
    Anyone got ideas/hopes on what we might get, perhaps we might get some clothing like in Battle Revolution. It's possible we might get some clothing from DLC, like maybe some clothing based on past protagonists?
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  5. #5105
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    so any smash news on saturday???
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  6. #5106
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Like I said, it could even be pre-programed phrases relying on the situation.
    I wouldn't mind a situation similar to Skyward Sword where you pick one of a couple of pre-set phrases which changes the character's and NPC's reactions. Little touches like that are nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    so any smash news on saturday???
    Quit asking this all the time, if there's significant news it'll be posted on the main site.

  7. #5107
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Anyone think we'll be able to speak, even slightly? I hate how we get into these huge situations and are unable to say something. Even phrases would be nice.
    Pokemon is one of the few games that still have a silent protagonist. I'm totally fine with the player character not talking, and I can't think of any reason why they need to start. I remember an interview from ages back where one of the developers said that they would likely never give the player anything more to say than yes/no because having the character talk in game by saying preprogrammed phrases would take the player out of the game, even just slightly, and ruin the illusion that you actually are your trainer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    so any smash news on saturday???
    You seriously don't have to post in every thread. There's a Smash discussion thread, just go there...
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  8. #5108
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    so any smash news on saturday???
    You sir, are getting on my nerves...
    The answer: no.
    But they gave some hints about a rumor that Sylveon is a Fairy type.

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  9. #5109
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    You sir, are getting on my nerves...
    The answer: no.
    But they gave some hints about a rumor that Sylveon is a Fairy type.
    Or, you know, the far more obvious conclusion of bug type.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  10. #5110
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Or, you know, the far more obvious conclusion of bug type.
    What makes you say so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    so any smash news on saturday???
    This is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    You seriously don't have to post in every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    You sir, are getting on my nerves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Quit asking this all the time, if there's significant news it'll be posted on the main site.
    I'm just as anxious for info as you, Gergenator, but that doesn't cause me to spam the same question on every thread when it is clear (especially to these people) that there's also a thread and a site known as Serebii.net that posts this info.


    Gameplay-wise: I hope there are different shoes or footwear for different terrains. Running shoes tend to wear out when they've been worn and used all over the place. They should implement hiking shoes to run on rocky terrain, such as mountains. Ice skates could be a good way of traversing icy floors. We could get boots for wading through mud.
    I'd like to see different types of clothing for good use rather than aesthetic implemented in the game!
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 26th May 2013 at 7:36 PM.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  11. #5111
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    What makes you say so?
    Well, for starters, I personally don't see GF introducing a new type, not in this gen or in any future gen until the type chart becomes, for whatever reason, as screwed up and imbalanced as it was in Gen I. Not to mention, there are far easier ways of rebalancing it than introducing a new type that would completely shake up preexisting play mechanics. I also think that they don't need to change things up any more than they usually do in the previous few generations. They're always adding new mechanics/moves/pokemon to make the gameplay more interesting and different, and they don't need new types to do that. I've been very resistant to adopting this new type speculation throughout the past few months, and I think I have a valid reasoning for it.

    I think there's evidence enough to show that Sylveon could be flying, bug or perhaps even dragon type, and many other people have posited as such. Since bug type has been called into question right now, I'll just give my reasons for that, but if people are curious, I can write up some flying and dragon type reasoning again. Anyway, to the point...

    Most of us have seen the butterfly-esque bow fly at the screen in the trailer. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that and won't dwell on it. More to the point, one of Sylveon's biggest features are its flesh ribbons that sorta billow in the wind. Most mamallian creatures don't have skin folds like that, or if they do, they tend to be either around their limbs (see flying squirrels and bats) and serve as a gliding function, or they are their ears, and serve to capture large ranges of sound, and also serve to cool down large animals (like elephants). However, if Sylveon is a bug type, those ribbons could easily be antennae, used to pick up sensory impulses. Sylveon also has large, dark eyes. Though large eyes are not necessarily uncommon in the Eevee line, they could be compoundeyes, though not shaded in the way of Butterfree's.

    Bug types have a lot of diversity in their movepools, with quite a few having access to psychic type and flying type moves, along with others. Those could lend credence to the "flashier" moves Sylveon has used in its trailer appearance. The Eevelutions tend to be rather "cutesy" and have a large fan appeal, thus they are good for marketing and merchandising. If they wanted to implement a bug type Eevee, using a butterfly as a base is a good way to start, because we tend to regard butterflies as pretty and elegant. They also wouldn't want to deviate from its more mammalian roots, because each Eevelution has stayed true to Eevee's basic physiology. So, Sylveon could be a mammalian-esque creature with insect-like tendencies.

    And before people start harping on me with "Oh, on Smash they showed Sylveon could beat X types and not Y types"...
    You mean to tell me you've never beaten a Charizard with a Lucario? Or a Braviary with a Gallade? Typing isn't the only thing that wins battles, and Smash has shown itself not to be the most reliable source several times in the past.

    To keep things on topic (slightly): one of the biggest reasons I am opposed to new types and new type speculation is because Gamefreak doesn't need to put in a new type and change up their game to keep things interesting. They've proven perfectly competent at keeping the game balanced before with the 17 types they've got. Not to mention, Fairy is a very broad umbrella, and even with compelling evidence people can cling to calling something "fairy" because of that broad definition. Since so many different cultures have so many different concepts of a fairy, even the most well-rounded argument can be refuted with "Oh yeah, well, it fits this one definition so obviously I'm right!" And when discussions and speculation get derailed into that every five or six pages, it's really hard to have a good dialogue going.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  12. #5112
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Most of us have seen the butterfly-esque bow fly at the screen in the trailer. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that and won't dwell on it. More to the point, one of Sylveon's biggest features are its flesh ribbons that sorta billow in the wind. Most mamallian creatures don't have skin folds like that, or if they do, they tend to be either around their limbs (see flying squirrels and bats) and serve as a gliding function, or they are their ears, and serve to capture large ranges of sound, and also serve to cool down large animals (like elephants). However, if Sylveon is a bug type, those ribbons could easily be antennae, used to pick up sensory impulses. Sylveon also has large, dark eyes. Though large eyes are not necessarily uncommon in the Eevee line, they could be compoundeyes, though not shaded in the way of Butterfree's.

    Bug types have a lot of diversity in their movepools, with quite a few having access to psychic type and flying type moves, along with others. Those could lend credence to the "flashier" moves Sylveon has used in its trailer appearance. The Eevelutions tend to be rather "cutesy" and have a large fan appeal, thus they are good for marketing and merchandising. If they wanted to implement a bug type Eevee, using a butterfly as a base is a good way to start, because we tend to regard butterflies as pretty and elegant. They also wouldn't want to deviate from its more mammalian roots, because each Eevelution has stayed true to Eevee's basic physiology. So, Sylveon could be a mammalian-esque creature with insect-like tendencies.
    Oh, I get it. I mean, Sylveon does look pretty buggy with those light neon blue eyes that none of the other eeveelutions have (Glaceon's are slightly smaller and a dark shade of blue). Sylveon is quite cute yet seemingly formidable, imo, maybe because, as you pointed out, it has that butterfly concept that they had to expand to a mammalian structure. The ribbons look more like they grew as decoration rather than for acting as antennae, but being antennae disguised as ribbons would be sensible if it were a Bug-type.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  13. #5113
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Would this be the right thread to bring up holidays?

    I know the idea has been tossed around before, on various forums, but I still think that some sort of concept introducing holidays into the series would be interesting. Nothing over the top, maybe not even real holidays, but I think it could be doable.

    I mean, I'd love a Halloween-themed day where most of the wild pokemon you encounter are Ghost-types, and spooky versions of the town music plays. Stuff like that.

    And of course, there could be completely made up holidays/festivals, but I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, sure, the idea of holidays is somewhat pointless in the grand scheme of things, but it'd be interesting.

  14. #5114
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Anya View Post
    Would this be the right thread to bring up holidays?

    I know the idea has been tossed around before, on various forums, but I still think that some sort of concept introducing holidays into the series would be interesting. Nothing over the top, maybe not even real holidays, but I think it could be doable.

    I mean, I'd love a Halloween-themed day where most of the wild pokemon you encounter are Ghost-types, and spooky versions of the town music plays. Stuff like that.

    And of course, there could be completely made up holidays/festivals, but I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, sure, the idea of holidays is somewhat pointless in the grand scheme of things, but it'd be interesting.
    You're good.

    Yes this is quite interesting since it'd be sensible to have holidays. Idk why they haven't done this before (maybe not to offend people who disfavor the holiday?) but this sounds like a cool feature.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  15. #5115
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    You sir, are getting on my nerves...
    The answer: no.
    But they gave some hints about a rumor that Sylveon is a Fairy type.
    actually it hinted more towards bug the ribbon flew off like a butter fly, it was weak to poison from the test and strong to ice how to explain duel type maybe?
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  16. #5116
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Thank you Firebrand now at least I don't feel alone on the idea that we're not getting a new type this gen

    I think this might still be on topic but
    I think Sylveon is going to be a Normal Type everything about Sylveon screams Normal Type to me

    Heres why
    Many Normal Types are Cream or Bage(can't spell it) colored
    Many Normal Types have pink on them
    Some Normal Types have that blue on them
    Most Normal Types have a broad movepool so having a move that damages ice types isn't unusual
    was Sylveon really weak to Poison like was Poison SE or just hit really hard? (I haven't see the video so I don't know)

    Now the theme I see for Sylveon is a French Dog the kind you walk or carry around in a bag hense the dog tail and because it's a French Dog it's got to have come fashion element to it hence the ribbon

    Now your argument on it being a bug type does seem valid but I personally think if it was going to be any type other then Normal it'd be flying as the ends of those ribbons look a aweful lot like the ends of a Wingull's Wings

    Adding another type just seems like it might cause more problems then it would fix and it would make the game more complecated for new players something I think GF was trying to avoid right now to a degree I think

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  17. #5117
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    actually it hinted more towards bug the ribbon flew off like a butter fly, it was weak to poison from the test and strong to ice how to explain duel type maybe?
    It's not dual type, they've been talking about what type the thing is, not types.

    Besides there's no cross section of Bug/Anything that is weak to poison and strong to ice unless they drastically changed up the type chart

  18. #5118
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Napping in a Hidden Grotto <3
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Besides we don't even have a Eeveelution of each type yet it seems a bit early to be getting into duel-types just yet

    In reguards to the Holiday thing I think it would be great if Seasons come into this Gen then I don't see why not maybe we can get special outfits for the Holidays and like said maybe on certain Holidays certain pokemon become more easy to catch like on Easter would be Rabbits and Birds on Halloween Ghosts and Dark Types and on Christmas Ice and certain other Pokemon

    They could also add in Japanese festivals like Obon (Almost like Halloween) and that one I can't remember the name of off hand it would make Celestual Pokemon easier to catch and im sure theres French Festivals/Holidays so you could add those too and make up some Kalos exclusive Festivals/Holidays

    Also this is off topic from the Holidays and I asked before but does anybody think there will be Catacombs under Luminose City and that those Catacombs will serve as the Poketower (where dead pokemon are buried and Ghost Pokemon Show up) of this Region?

    Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

    My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

    FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

  19. #5119
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Thank you Firebrand now at least I don't feel alone on the idea that we're not getting a new type this gen

    I think this might still be on topic but
    I think Sylveon is going to be a Normal Type everything about Sylveon screams Normal Type to me

    Heres why
    Many Normal Types are Cream or Bage(can't spell it) colored
    Many Normal Types have pink on them
    Some Normal Types have that blue on them
    Most Normal Types have a broad movepool so having a move that damages ice types isn't unusual
    was Sylveon really weak to Poison like was Poison SE or just hit really hard? (I haven't see the video so I don't know)

    Now the theme I see for Sylveon is a French Dog the kind you walk or carry around in a bag hense the dog tail and because it's a French Dog it's got to have come fashion element to it hence the ribbon

    Now your argument on it being a bug type does seem valid but I personally think if it was going to be any type other then Normal it'd be flying as the ends of those ribbons look a aweful lot like the ends of a Wingull's Wings

    Adding another type just seems like it might cause more problems then it would fix and it would make the game more complecated for new players something I think GF was trying to avoid right now to a degree I think
    Those new players will get the hang of it eventually anyway, plus it's not that hard to learn what's weak and strong against each type. Plus Gamefreak would never screw up the type chart that bad.


  20. #5120
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Those new players will get the hang of it eventually anyway, plus it's not that hard to learn what's weak and strong against each type. Plus Gamefreak would never screw up the type chart that bad.
    Besides to new players everything will be new anyway
    One more type to a chart they've never looked at wont over complicate anything (and certainly no more than what GSC did). "Ah this type does well against this other type" is pretty simple stuff

  21. #5121
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Besides we don't even have a Eeveelution of each type yet it seems a bit early to be getting into duel-types just yet

    In reguards to the Holiday thing I think it would be great if Seasons come into this Gen then I don't see why not maybe we can get special outfits for the Holidays and like said maybe on certain Holidays certain pokemon become more easy to catch like on Easter would be Rabbits and Birds on Halloween Ghosts and Dark Types and on Christmas Ice and certain other Pokemon

    They could also add in Japanese festivals like Obon (Almost like Halloween) and that one I can't remember the name of off hand it would make Celestual Pokemon easier to catch and im sure theres French Festivals/Holidays so you could add those too and make up some Kalos exclusive Festivals/Holidays
    Holidays are too much of a cultural concept, I can't see them doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #5122
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No Idea... Earth I guess...
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Talking about new types, Sylveon and color schemes... I think in Audino... Normal-Type, Pink, Beige/Cream, Light Blue eyes, some ornaments (those thingys coming out from its WING shaped ears, cutesy look, and a wide movepool... so Sylveon-ish to me.. so, Why Sylveon CAN'T be a Normal-type? or, even better, WHY can't Audino be a Fairy-type? hehehe maybe in Unova, for being a modern urban society, they didnt believe in fairies, but Kalos, its more mythical, magical and esoteric... so... maybe, they discovered the fairy type cuz they believed fairies existed and Kalos' Professor was doing research about this...
    EDIT: Audino belongs to Fairy egg group, to find it withing Unova, you needed to jump on a shaking bush to engage with it, that sound fairy-ish to me, like "oh, those Fairy pokemon! like Audino! it is so hard to find... you need to wait for one to come out of its hideout, and then GRAB IT! sooo tricky! now, give me the cookies, and tea, Eleonore"
    Last edited by Karlos Region; 27th May 2013 at 1:38 AM.

  23. #5123
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,623

    Default

    I hope if there is a new type they just sort of don't acknowledge it
    You know like the "Oh man we just discovered this thing that has been around forever!" junk. GSC did that with the new Pokemon and new types and it got really stupid when you started to think about it (HGSS changed that, obviously)

  24. #5124
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    the things i want back the most are the mom saving your money feature which should have never left, poketch, and pokewalker. the top one is the mom saving money feature, the other two would just make it perfect. especially if they rerelease the yellow forest so we can obtain pikachu with surf and fly. by the way im new here and im looking forward to discussing the future of the videogames on this forum. im not into the anime though i do like the manga.

  25. #5125
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Hey, Pokewood was awesome! xD Better than Pokemon musicals and contests and stuff, IMO.

    I really, really, REALLY want a secret base this time. Pretty much THE biggest feature from Gen III that I missed the most. It would be even better if you could do something meaningful there, like heal your Pokemon or if they went the extra mile and brought back being able to battle other people in their bases.
    they should bring back the underground. that had a secret base in it and a hell of alot more as well. being able to battle in the secret base wouldb be nice too but now we have ir for that

Page 205 of 526 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •