Page 206 of 526 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I hope if there is a new type they just sort of don't acknowledge it
    You know like the "Oh man we just discovered this thing that has been around forever!" junk. GSC did that with the new Pokemon and new types and it got really stupid when you started to think about it (HGSS changed that, obviously)
    What about through tongue in cheek methodology? Like... "Poison's effective against Fairy-types, but don't expect the same results in return. What you didn't already know that? You've got a long way to becoming a Pokémon Master! ROCK ON!" - Roxie

Or something along those lines. Obviously those of us who've been playing since 1998 will catch on to comments like that. The new players would probably just blow over it unknowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    What about through tongue in cheek methodology? Like... "Poison's effective against Fairy-types, but don't expect the same results in return. What you didn't already know that? You've got a long way to becoming a Pokémon Master! ROCK ON!" - Roxie

Or something along those lines. Obviously those of us who've been playing since 1998 will catch on to comments like that. The new players would probably just blow over it unknowingly.
    There should be something like that, yeah. While it doesn't make sense for them to talk about how it's been newly discovered or whatever, there should be something in the games to suggest that the type exists for unaware veterans and here's what it's good against and these kinds of Pokemons have the type so WATCH OUT and maybe carry these types of Pokemons because oh, those'll just destroy this new type like a Golem crushing a Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    the type exists for unaware veterans and here's what it's good against and these kinds of Pokemon have the type so WATCH OUT and maybe carry these types of Pokemon
    That would be the formula Pokémon has used since Generation I for type advice, so this isn't something new.

I actually hope that the games give you the option to have less hints:I don't need my hand held throughout the game by a series of NPCs, thank you.
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Since we're talking about types, did you all hear about the new rumored Laser-type?

Because I sure didn't :'(

No but anyway, how do you guys think the Sky Battles will work if they hold true? Will they be like PokeRinger or just a regular battle just with a sky backdrop?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Since we're talking about types, did you all hear about the new rumored Laser-type?

Because I sure didn't :'(

No but anyway, how do you guys think the Sky Battles will work if they hold true? Will they be like PokeRinger or just a regular battle just with a sky backdrop?
    Laser-type? Where on earth did that come from?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Laser-type? Where on earth did that come from?
    yeah I wonder the same

Oh you want the source? It's called humour. Have you ever heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    While a poke-ringer type minigame would be cool, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the idea of actually flying when we use fly. Fly exists as a "warp", to quickly convey players from one town to another. Forcing you to go through a sky route would completely defeat the purpose of that, because the whole point of using fly is instant travel.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by grenwood View Post
    the things i want back the most are the mom saving your money feature which should have never left, poketch, and pokewalker. the top one is the mom saving money feature, the other two would just make it perfect. especially if they rerelease the yellow forest so we can obtain pikachu with surf and fly. by the way im new here and im looking forward to discussing the future of the videogames on this forum. im not into the anime though i do like the manga.
    YESSS!!!!! we need that back........
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    While a poke-ringer type minigame would be cool, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the idea of actually flying when we use fly. Fly exists as a "warp", to quickly convey players from one town to another. Forcing you to go through a sky route would completely defeat the purpose of that, because the whole point of using fly is instant travel.
    Mainly because people want to explore the skies. And they could make it so you could still instantly warp wherever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Did anyone saw the extended maintenance sign in the Global Link? Why extended?? Could they add the dream world in XY?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Did anyone saw the extended maintenance sign in the Global Link? Why extended?? Could they add the dream world in XY?
    I don't think that's what the maintenance is for, it's a bit early for that. I do think the DW will continue to be accessible in 6th gen, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I....this....
    This happens all the time. Usually because of the competition ending/starting or whatever

They have seriously been doing "extended maintenance" for at least 2 years now

Not so much speculation as a wish...
    It would be nice if Frustration and Return affected the happiness/friendliness of the pokemon using the attack - or perhaps just a chance of affecting. It would make sense. The more you use Return, the more likely your happiness will increase and the more often you use Frustration, the more often your happiness decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    Not so much speculation as a wish...
    It would be nice if Frustration and Return affected the happiness/friendliness of the pokemon using the attack - or perhaps just a chance of affecting. It would make sense. The more you use Return, the more likely your happiness will increase and the more often you use Frustration, the more often your happiness decreases.
    Wouldn't that make it too easier to incerease the happiness?
    Just fight the lv 2 pokemon and your done -.-
    Or would it work exp wise?
    Wo knows...WHO KNOWS..

Conclusion: wouldn't happen ^_^

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Wo knows...WHO KNOWS..

I would actually like to see GameFreak explore unhappiness. It would interesting if you had a Pokemon that evolved based on its unhappiness level. The pre-evo could have pretty good stats that when combined with evolite would could make frustration an interesting move to use. It could work like Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon, whereas the Pokemon evolved based on its happiness, but also had another evolution if it has high unhappiness. The game could spin it that it's constant defeat in battles triggers the Pokemon to evolve a certain way, much like how Bagon grows wings out of its desire to fly.

So a pokemon you treat badly will evolve because of bad treatment and stay with you? it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    So a pokemon you treat badly will evolve because of bad treatment and stay with you? it makes no sense.
    And goes against the whole bonding with your Pokemon and how people should treat their pokemon well thing the series is all about

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Wo knows...WHO KNOWS..

I was thinking about that - that's why I added "or perhaps just a chance of affecting." The chance would have to be dependent on level, like the reverse of the chance of hitting in1-hit KO attacks (ineffective with pokemon of lower level, but capable and likelihood increasing as opponent's level increases. Something like that.) Except... you'd get so much experience from a pokemon your level or higher that you're already getting a boost to friendliness/happiness. So maybe put the ineffective cap at about 5 levels lower? Anyway, it would make sense to add that. I mean if you do something which takes advantage of how much someone is frustrated with you, it's going to frustrate them further. And if you exercise a good relationship, it's going to build.
    Last edited by elfrings; 27th May 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    And goes against the whole bonding with your Pokemon and how people should treat their pokemon well thing the series is all about
    IMO, Frustration should have a different meter than Happiness and would suit Ghost Pokemon.
    Your Pokemon can be happy, but at the same time, frustrated.

Frustration, as a move, is worthless since it relies on happiness. And the Pokemon we own usually ends up with increased friendship.
    So separating it makes it more useful, kinda.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    IMO, Frustration should have a different meter than Happiness and would suit Ghost Pokemon.

Frustration, as a move, is worthless since it relies on happiness. And the Pokemon we own usually ends up with increased friendship.
    I agree. Today, a simple walk of 128 can increase your friendship and decrease the power of the move Frustration each time. It might only be useful in the rental battles (if the Pokémon happens to have it) since I don't think the friendship is really high when you rent a Pokémon or with Buneary or legendaries just caught for a very low amount of time. But I have to admit, Frustration isn't used enough. I guess it could be replaced by less the Pokémon has HP, better the attack is (it's not that original but it is still better).
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Once you are in the pokeball, you can never leave. NEVER.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Once you are in the pokeball, you can never leave. NEVER.
    Thats gameplay, in reality and lore pokemon aren't your slaves, supposedly you battle them and befriend them.

You guys just throw awful idea after awful idea, its like everything goes for you guys, if it depended on some users, pokemon would be digimon, wear armors, have 10 evolutions, we would have 5-10 more types and the other awful out there opinions we see there, it seems like you guys don't know what pokemon is about, whats the essence of the game, innovation is great in a smart way and Gamefreak has been able to do that every region, the series is fine, we don't need random awfull crazyness to be part of it.

"CoroCoro comes out and Gamefreak introduces a pokemon that evolves by dislike of its trainer" me "...idiots..."

Sugestions are cool guys, sugesting every random thing even the ones you are not sure that make any type of sense is not cool, oh and all of this would be evaded if people took 5 minutes to debate their though.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 28th May 2013 at 2:41 AM.

I was thinking about 'Fly'... Maybe we will fly like in some other pure RPG games; maybe we will control our pokemon in the sky, like in Pokemon Ranger, when we used Staraptor and Latios(as) to fly over the Region and we chose the place to land (towns, cities...)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

Frustration's purpose is suppose to be early on. Even at base happiness it will deal more damage than many other attacks early in the game, when the Pokemon is fresh, than Return would for a couple of hours. Then when it finally starts petering out you can swap in Return

Page 206 of 526 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast