Page 207 of 526 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5151
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Well, they could add a value of "frustration": has nothing to do with happiness, and increases every time you make the Pokemon use a HM move to clear a target, have a Pokemon not participate in a fight, switch the current Pokemon out with another when the enemy Pokemon is at low health, battle Pokemon that are multiple levels below.

    ...

    In all seriousness, it would require too much work to have a Pokemon evolve from unhappiness. You would have to use so many of the herbs that it's impractical (between winning fights and walking).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

    It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

  2. #5152
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats gameplay, in reality and lore pokemon aren't your slaves, supposedly you battle them and befriend them.

    You guys just throw awful idea after awful idea, its like everything goes for you guys, if it depended on some users, pokemon would be digimon, wear armors, have 10 evolutions, we would have 5-10 more types and the other awful out there opinions we see there, it seems like you guys don't know what pokemon is about, whats the essence of the game, innovation is great in a smart way and Gamefreak has been able to do that every region, the series is fine, we don't need random awfull crazyness to be part of it.

    "CoroCoro comes out and Gamefreak introduces a pokemon that evolves by dislike of its trainer" me "...idiots..."

    Sugestions are cool guys, sugesting every random thing even the ones you are not sure that make any type of sense is not cool, oh and all of this would be evaded if people took 5 minutes to debate their though.
    In reality?
    Did I miss a major scientific discovery recently? lol I know what you meant, but still... gotta admit that came out wrong.

    The idea of adding a frustration meter is actually a pretty good idea, because currently Frustration isn't really able to reach it's potential without spending a lot of money and effort into intentionally pissing off your pokemon. :P Whereas in reality frustration really needs very little effort to build. But what would build frustration...? I imagine that could be variable depending on personality type and characteristics. A lax pokemon might get frustrated if it has to battle more than it would like, for instance. And yet the relationship between trainer and pokemon would not necessarily suffer as a result. (Like a kid gets frustrated with parents when nagged to clean the bedroom, but doesn't grow to love the parents any less because of it.) Maybe this is already in the works? Maybe the Happiness meter is being split into two scales? Rather than having happiness at one end and frustration on the other, there will be a measure of happiness or "bond" which affects the power of Return and an unrelated measure of stress which affects the power of Frustration? So potentially you could have both attacks and they could simultaneously be very powerful.
    Last edited by elfrings; 28th May 2013 at 4:36 AM.

  3. #5153
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    In reality?
    Did I miss a major scientific discovery recently? lol I know what you meant, but still... gotta admit that came out wrong.

    The idea of adding a frustration meter is actually a pretty good idea, because currently Frustration isn't really able to reach it's potential without spending a lot of money and effort into intentionally pissing off your pokemon. :P Whereas in reality frustration really needs very little effort to build. But what would build frustration...? I imagine that could be variable depending on personality type and characteristics. A lax pokemon might get frustrated if it has to battle more than it would like, for instance. And yet the relationship between trainer and pokemon would not necessarily suffer as a result. (Like a kid gets frustrated with parents when nagged to clean the bedroom, but doesn't grow to love the parents any less because of it.)
    Fainting, losing a battle, being fed with herbs, and being stored in the PC Storage for a very long time are just a few methods that could increase frustration.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  4. #5154
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats gameplay, in reality and lore pokemon aren't your slaves, supposedly you battle them and befriend them.

    You guys just throw awful idea after awful idea, its like everything goes for you guys, if it depended on some users, pokemon would be digimon, wear armors, have 10 evolutions, we would have 5-10 more types and the other awful out there opinions we see there, it seems like you guys don't know what pokemon is about, whats the essence of the game, innovation is great in a smart way and Gamefreak has been able to do that every region, the series is fine, we don't need random awfull crazyness to be part of it.

    "CoroCoro comes out and Gamefreak introduces a pokemon that evolves by dislike of its trainer" me "...idiots..."

    Sugestions are cool guys, sugesting every random thing even the ones you are not sure that make any type of sense is not cool, oh and all of this would be evaded if people took 5 minutes to debate their though.
    ...woah, no need to pick on digimon.

    But you are right, pokemon wearing armor is a stupid idea, one that could never happen in a million years. Oh, wait a minute..



    Yes, it is from the movie, but surely that is part of the "reality and lore" of pokemon, as you put it.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  5. #5155
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Closest we ever got as "armor" are Accessories and to some extent, items like Choice Scarf, even then you can't wear those accessories outside of Contests/Musicals/Dress-up room.

    I don't see why an evolution by no happiness should be implemented, Pokémon is about being friends with one another, not in a way that your being Silver or will cause PETA to be paranoid.

  6. #5156
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Fainting, losing a battle, being fed with herbs, and being stored in the PC Storage for a very long time are just a few methods that could increase frustration.
    I was always of the mind that storing a pokemon reduced friendship/happiness, but that's apparently always been an urban myth. I could see that building frustration however for pokemon with a personality type or characteristic which would grow stressed by being left in storage. Perhaps having a significant amount of stress could cause a pokemon to become deeply troubled and require a PokeTherapist? ;D lol

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Closest we ever got as "armor" are Accessories and to some extent, items like Choice Scarf, even then you can't wear those accessories outside of Contests/Musicals/Dress-up room.

    I don't see why an evolution by no happiness should be implemented, Pokémon is about being friends with one another, not in a way that your being Silver or will cause PETA to be paranoid.
    I could see some Dark types only evolving by becoming significantly angry/frustrated.

  7. #5157
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not in the scenario I provided. You don't have Surf yet, you traded over a Pokemon that knows it.
    ok one of two things:
    1:you can get the move surf through trading(which you cant so they should make it deletable and keep it untradeable like it already is) but cant use it.
    2: when you are in an area you can only get to with an HM, and then you are stupid enough to try to delete it, then the professor gives you the message "there is a time and place for everything" like they do in every other situation similiar to this.


    either one is already implemented minus the deletable part so it shouldnt be hard to make it deletable and keep those safeguards which are already there anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Once you are in the pokeball, you can never leave. NEVER.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    A trainer with a huge Santa-looking beard defeating a Preschooler, taking their money, and leaving them out by themselves on a route filled with wild, dangerous Pokemon that could even attack and kill in hordes.

    Seems legit.

  8. #5158
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenwood View Post
    ok one of two things:
    1:you can get the move surf through trading(which you cant so they should make it deletable and keep it untradeable like it already is) but cant use it.
    2: when you are in an area you can only get to with an HM, and then you are stupid enough to try to delete it, then the professor gives you the message "there is a time and place for everything" like they do in every other situation similiar to this.


    either one is already implemented minus the deletable part so it shouldnt be hard to make it deletable and keep those safeguards which are already there anyway.
    You can trade pokemon which know HMs (so long as they haven't hatched yet.) I had a trainer in B/W 2 surfing right after the first gym.
    Last edited by elfrings; 29th May 2013 at 2:32 AM.

  9. #5159
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    You can trade pokemon which know HMs (so long as they haven't hatched yet.) I had a trainer in B/W 2 surfing before acquiring even the first gym badge.
    This is a lie, because you can't trade until you get the first badge in b2w2.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  10. #5160
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Do you guys think there will be part-time jobs in XY? Maybe some to earn money, some to earn the other version exclusive's eggs or even special outfits? I noticed many people are paying attention to the fact that there is a cafe like Pokemon Smash and the trailer itself as the female character looks at the cafe. I mean there's that same cafe in the official art for Lumiose City and when the player is riding gogoat. So it leads me to believe the cafe is important

    EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention, I noticed that the first few pre-released pictures showed the male character looking at the mirror in a purple and white room but the latest pictures showed a more bluish room, maybe we can customize our room colour too
    Last edited by Pokefan1905; 28th May 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

    If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

  11. #5161
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan1905 View Post
    Do you guys think there will be part-time jobs in XY?
    No, we don't. It sounds interesting, but the point of the main games is to battle all necessary and required gyms, move onto the Elite Four, and become the League Champion. Completing the pokédex is another goal as well.

  12. #5162
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    No, we don't. It sounds interesting, but the point of the main games is to battle all necessary and required gyms, move onto the Elite Four, and become the League Champion. Completing the pokédex is another goal as well.
    It's true but it doesn't have to be a part of the real gameplay, it can be an optional thing
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

    If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

  13. #5163
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I would very much like if you aren't able to transfer any Pokemon from any past games, since it would feel very fresh to make a new start. Also the excitement to see how past generation Pokemon will look like could be very interesting to look forward to, instead of just trading your old Pokemon.

    Like when Ruby/Sapphire was released, I remember how excited I was about seeing gen. 1 and 2 Pokemon, which you couldn't getting Ruby/Sapphire. When Firered/Leafgreen came out, it felt just as fresh and new as Ruby/Sapphire, because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle was never seen on the Game Boy Advance as well as the legendaries and a bunch of other Pokemon. I really hope that it will be the same way in X and Y.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

    3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

    Trinity League Badges:


  14. #5164
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan1905 View Post
    It's true but it doesn't have to be a part of the real gameplay, it can be an optional thing
    Well, managing the Join Avenue is something like a part-time job, but the thing is, you're not earning.
    I like something of the sort to return. But this time, you earn money.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  15. #5165
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States/Illinois
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well, managing the Join Avenue is something like a part-time job, but the thing is, you're not earning.
    I like something of the sort to return. But this time, you earn money.
    Why in a game get a part-time job? seems kinda stupid cuz you receve money by battling.......but i'll admit it sounds interesting
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far



    <-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

  16. #5166
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Why in a game get a part-time job? seems kinda stupid cuz you receve money by battling.......but i'll admit it sounds interesting
    The more I get paid, the more Max Repels I can use.
    Sounds like a fantastic idea.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  17. #5167
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    The more I get paid, the more Max Repels I can use.
    Sounds like a fantastic idea.
    Or get a Persion level 100 with that item that gives more money at the end of battle.
    And use pay day.

  18. #5168
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    Why in a game get a part-time job? seems kinda stupid cuz you receve money by battling.......but i'll admit it sounds interesting
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

    I know my Pokemon trainer isn't going to work part time during inflation for devalued Pokéeuros. He will stick to being a Pokemon trainer.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 28th May 2013 at 8:18 PM. Reason: Chorizo tacos.

  19. #5169
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    The more I get paid, the more Max Repels I can use.
    Sounds like a fantastic idea.
    Speaking of Max Repels, BW2's Repel implement was nice that you didn't have to go through the Bag anymore, this needs to be a staple in XY personally.

    And lmao at video games implementing part time jobs, I'm not going to work while some villain takes over Kalos.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 28th May 2013 at 8:43 PM.

  20. #5170
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.
    LOL sigged.

    I don't like the idea of getting a part time job in a video game. Video games =/= real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #5171

    Default

    How about mini games that have good rewards. Also I'd love to see a social aspect level system for the trainer, like you complete a NPC side quest or a person from Spot Pass who needs help, and you then gain EXP for your character. Then those levels will allow to get great items and even some exclusive pokemon.
    Also, who else here thinks that some Pokemon needs a move set change. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind Gligar and its evo to learn Fly. The same can go to other pokemon.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

    FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

  22. #5172
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats gameplay, in reality and lore pokemon aren't your slaves, supposedly you battle them and befriend them.

    You guys just throw awful idea after awful idea, its like everything goes for you guys, if it depended on some users, pokemon would be digimon, wear armors, have 10 evolutions, we would have 5-10 more types and the other awful out there opinions we see there, it seems like you guys don't know what pokemon is about, whats the essence of the game, innovation is great in a smart way and Gamefreak has been able to do that every region, the series is fine, we don't need random awfull crazyness to be part of it.

    "CoroCoro comes out and Gamefreak introduces a pokemon that evolves by dislike of its trainer" me "...idiots..."

    Sugestions are cool guys, sugesting every random thing even the ones you are not sure that make any type of sense is not cool, oh and all of this would be evaded if people took 5 minutes to debate their though.
    gary oak would beg to differ. in the first season in particular his pokeomon were worked harder than any human slave could be. in his sinnoh appearence he seemed alot nicer but they didnt show his relationship with his pokeomon.

    Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    You can trade pokemon which know HMs (so long as they haven't hatched yet.) I had a trainer in B/W 2 surfing before acquiring even the first gym badge.
    no you cant. i dont know about the egg thing but you have to delete hms before you can trade. this has been the rule since the beginning. and again my other suggestion was to make it so they wont let you use delete moves in that are the same way they dont let you use your bike in other areas. also someone else pointed out you cant trade in b2w2 untill you get first gym badge.

    why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.
    Last edited by Wulava; 29th May 2013 at 2:55 AM. Reason: Triple-post
    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Once you are in the pokeball, you can never leave. NEVER.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    A trainer with a huge Santa-looking beard defeating a Preschooler, taking their money, and leaving them out by themselves on a route filled with wild, dangerous Pokemon that could even attack and kill in hordes.

    Seems legit.

  23. #5173
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenwood View Post
    why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.
    Triple post = no-no.
    I don't care if my video game mom saves money for me. I'm pretty good at holding on to my virtual money.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  24. #5174
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Deep Dark Hills of East KY
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Interestingly enough, The idea Join Avenue being used more in StreetPass features would make the most sense. That is because Join Avenue was like a passerby market while StreetPass is a passerby system used by the 3DS. Something like having you earn roughly 10% or maybe 25% of the sales of what the passerby person bought in the Avenue would be the idea for earning money in that area. I mean, It ain't consumerism if you don't receive what you earn what you sold and PokéMarts earn their money and pay for what they buy from you to begin with anyways.

    But hey, I wouldn't mind to have something like a credit card/bank system in the game so that it would be easy to have lots of money but still being able to hold all the money you earn without no limit. Now that would solve money problems in the games since it works and Animal Crossing proved it.

    there's no Battle Frontier?!

  25. #5175
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,322

    Default

    I'm hoping more for the comeback of the World Tournament then Join Avenue(even though I wish it is since it was cool) but I'm not expecting the world tournament to come back unfortunatly, they have to do models to all those old characters since they can't just use the sprite.

Page 207 of 526 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •