Page 208 of 526 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    This is a lie, because you can't trade until you get the first badge in b2w2.
    Oh right. Must've been immediately after the first gym then - it was VERY early in the game, is the point. I'll go back & edit my post.
    But yes, you can trade pokemon which know HMs so long as they haven't yet hatched.
    Last edited by elfrings; 29th May 2013 at 1:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    I would very much like if you aren't able to transfer any Pokemon from any past games, since it would feel very fresh to make a new start. Also the excitement to see how past generation Pokemon will look like could be very interesting to look forward to, instead of just trading your old Pokemon.

Like when Ruby/Sapphire was released, I remember how excited I was about seeing gen. 1 and 2 Pokemon, which you couldn't getting Ruby/Sapphire. When Firered/Leafgreen came out, it felt just as fresh and new as Ruby/Sapphire, because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle was never seen on the Game Boy Advance as well as the legendaries and a bunch of other Pokemon. I really hope that it will be the same way in X and Y.
    Oh....no....I for one would absolutely hate if there wasn't a way for me to transfer my pokemon. I didn't spend all that time honing my teams skills to perfection, (iv breeding, EV training, level grinding, etc) just for the, to shut down my entire team of pokemon...slash that* my ENTIRE arsenal of pokemon. If YOU want to start FRESH, fine...don't trade over your past pokemon, but for people like me, I'd strongly appreciate if game freak added a very easy transferring system, like how they did with the D/P switch to B/W.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

The fact that we can play DS games on the 3DS pretty much guarantees that we can transfer our Pokemon from Gen 4/5 into XY, but with the use of a third party app.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The fact that we can play DS games on the 3DS pretty much guarantees that we can transfer our Pokemon from Gen 4/5 into XY, but with the use of a third party app.
    My Thoughts exactly. Nintendo has already proven that a DS game will work fine with a 3DS App, and Dream radar was most likely a test to do the transfer via app from DS to a 3DS (even if it was sending pkm to a DS cart, it still worked flawlessly). However I would like it if the app was free and not paid. That is my only issue.

One thing many people I surprised are talking about is the Skate board. You know, the item that was supposed to replace the bike in Gen 2. Well if X and Y has custom characters, and skates, then there is a likely chance we could see the skate board as well!
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    One thing many people I surprised are talking about is the Skate board. You know, the item that was supposed to replace the bike in Gen 2. Well if X and Y has custom characters, and skates, then there is a likely chance we could see the skate board as well!
    I don't think Skateboard is best suited to various terrains especially if you're heading uphill. Bicycle is still the best form of quick transportation for the main character.

I want to see the Acro/Mach Bike combined.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I don't think Skateboard is best suited to various terrains especially if you're heading uphill. Bicycle is still the best form of quick transportation for the main character.

I want to see the Acro/Mach Bike combined.
    Yeah, like if you press RT for Acro and LT for Mach.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.
    I want that back..... if i ran outta money i could always go home and grab some more
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I would like for the character to be able to lose.... what i mean is:

1st) When u lose the battle with your rival, u just lost and u get repeat it....

2nd) when u lose from gym leaders the next time u go to challenge them, the system acknowledges the fact that u already challenged them and that u lost, so when u battle gym leaders again they have quotes like: " what makes u think this time u will win?", " i admire your persistence" "no matter how many times u come at me u wont win" etc etc... u get the point

they had done something like that in yellow where your rival's eevee would evolve depending on your interaction with him
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 29th May 2013 at 3:59 PM.

As convenient as having your mom save money for you is, I'd almost rather have some sort of bank-account system:

-Deposit money at the main bank/ATMs (located in the Pokemon Centers for at least the larger towns)
    -Accumulate interest over time (more badges = better interest)
    -Option to "autosend" money to the bank after battles (like with your mom in GSCetc)
    -Earn fun prizes when you save up certain amounts of money

I'd find this much more preferable than having to run back home when I want money, and it'd stop your mom from spending your cash...

12.jpg Could that other button be for contest effects? Some might say that it's probably just a space for event ribbons but I don't think so. First, these are your STARTERS, so why would you need an extra screen for event ribbons when they obviously aren't going to have them. Second, in the fifth generation new pokemon or old pokemon without ribbons didnt have the ribbons button because there was obviously no way to obtain them, so why start showing them now?
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    12.jpg Could that other button be for contest effects? Some might say that it's probably just a space for event ribbons but I don't think so. First, these are your STARTERS, so why would you need an extra screen for event ribbons when they obviously aren't going to have them. Second, in the fifth generation new pokemon or old pokemon without ribbons didnt have the ribbons button because there was obviously no way to obtain them, so why start showing them now?
    I guess you can see the: cool,smart thingy if the attack there.

do you guys think there's a reason why we haven't had a dark-type gym? I think we should have had at least one by now. I mean, the generation it was introduced (along with steel-type) had a gym of the other new type and I think dark should have gotten the same treatment. But it didnt, and to this day, we haven't seen a dark-type gym. and I'm wondering if there is a reason for it or if it's just a "coincidence" and it hasn't happened yet.

what are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

That's the beauty of it, though. Different vehicles would have different uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    do you guys think there's a reason why we haven't had a dark-type gym? I think we should have had at least one by now. I mean, the generation it was introduced (along with steel-type) had a gym of the other new type and I think dark should have gotten the same treatment. But it didnt, and to this day, we haven't seen a dark-type gym. and I'm wondering if there is a reason for it or if it's just a "coincidence" and it hasn't happened yet.

what are your thoughts?
    I bet it's not a coincidence but GF's choice to avoid creating one for some reason.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post

what are your thoughts?
    Well in GSC it became the final E4 and Karen was awesome imo. Hoenn was elite again and I think its coz most gyms reflect the surroundings of the city...no town or city can reflect dark that well, unless its a town thats surrounded my huge mountains so the place doesn't get much sunlight... but I agree its about time we got one!
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Well in GSC it became the final E4 and Karen was awesome imo. Hoenn was elite again and I think its coz most gyms reflect the surroundings of the city...no town or city can reflect dark that well, unless its a town thats surrounded my huge mountains so the place doesn't get much sunlight... but I agree its about time we got one!
    But Dark is about 'Evil and fighting Dirty' and such, so being in the shade wouldn't make sense for it to be a Dark Gym town. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    But Dark is about 'Evil and fighting Dirty' and such, so being in the shade wouldn't make sense for it to be a Dark Gym town. ^^
    that's true. and I hadn't really thought about the city's environment reflecting the gym's type. but it makes sense. if anything I think a place like virbank city would have been perfect for a dark-type gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I guess, but it was just a theory, if its about 'fighting dirty' what kind of town would it have to be?

....Mafia Town

But there are many towns that doesnt reflect the gyms type...
    Celadon
    Fuchsia
    Saffron
    Violet
    Cianwood
    Olivine
    Dewford
    Mauville
    Mossdeep
    etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    But there are many towns that doesnt reflect the gyms type...
    Celadon
    Fuchsia
    Saffron
    Violet
    Cianwood
    Olivine
    Dewford
    Mauville
    Mossdeep
    etc etc
    Hence why I said MOST gyms, but yeah Most of Kanto dont, but I always saw Saffron as making sense coz of Silph. Co lots of scientists work there and so Psychic for high intelligence/ Same goes for Mossdeep with the space centre. But Sinnoh and Unova are very themed related.

Hence why I said MOST gyms, but yeah Most of Kanto dont, but I always saw Saffron as making sense coz of Silph. Co lots of scientists work there and so Psychic for high intelligence/ Same goes for Mossdeep with the space centre. But Sinnoh and Unova are very themed related.
    i wouldnt even say most its about half of all gyms so far type reflect on the city or town.
    i personally would like to see a dark gym is has never been done before.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    i wouldnt even say most its about half of all gyms so far type reflect on the city or town.
    it mostly happens with elemental gyms cause its easy....water gyms cause just place them on a sea related area..... Ice place them ina snowy area... fire on a volcano etc

@Weavile606
    I've actually never thought about that either... I can't even remember if there are much towns that reflects the Gyms (excluding volcanoes and towns near/in oceans, of course)~

@Ditty24
    lol, Maffia town would be awesome. Maybe they could even throw in Team Rocket again. :P
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

actually 4 of sinnoh gyms doesnt fit the type...
    Veilstone
    Hearthome
    Canalave
    Sunyshore

and about unova

Striaton
    Nacrene
    Castelia
    Opelucid

Again the ones that have a theme between city and gym are the easy to do it water, flying, ground, grass, ice etc

Point is we can have a Dark type gym without needing a city to fill the theme
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 29th May 2013 at 8:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    Pewter: Mt.Moon is next route and they have a fossil museum
    Cerulean: I'll give you this one but it does have a famous river and peer
    Vermillion: Again, no explanation
    Celadon: While nothing screams Grass, the entire city is surrounded by many trees, more than most other towns atleast.
    Fuschia: I have no idea about this one.
    Saffron: Silph co. has high intel people to make products, hence Psychic
    Cinnibar: Volcano
    Viridian: No idea

Like I said before, Kanto didnt seem to have the rule implemented yet. But remember these town used to be in certain colours on the GB and that links to their respective types Gyms

Violet: It's fairly open-spaced so maybe flying?
    Azelea: Forest next door
    Goldenrod: just a NORMAL big city
    Ecruteak: Myths, Myths, Myths
    Cianwood: idk
    Olivine: idk
    Mahogany: Ice path just ahead
    Blackthorn: Dragon cave

Rustboro: Mr stone stone=rock
    Dewford: is odd and i have no idea
    Mauville: Is actually obvious as new mauvill is next door and its a big gambling town due to the game corner
    Lavaridge: again obvious
    Petalburg: Normal town, doesnt reflect anything major
    Fortree: High in Trees
    Mossdeep: Intelligent people working in Space station
    Sootopolis: WATER

And I can give reason for all of Sinnoh and Unova.....

I know I went abit mad but I'm showing its waaaay more than half the cities.

Page 208 of 526 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast