Page 210 of 526 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

A Dark type Gym would be cool. No Flying type, we've seen too many of those in gen 2, 3, and 5. Hmm, Electric is also a no, gen 1, 3, 4, and 5. Bug maybe, only 2 and 5. We haven't seen fire since gen 3. I really can't think of any others off the top of my head. I think it would be cool to have the Pokétch back. Maybe you could hit a button and it'll turn into a C-Gear or something. But I definitely want all the Pokétch apps back. I would use the kitchen timer to record how long it would take my mom to shop. I loved the berry checker app. The type checker was helpful and I loved the breeder checker. I REALLY want contests and secret bases back. The PWT I really like(currently working on qualifying for the Champions tournament and get my third Trainer star). But a new Battle Frontier would ROCK. But my biggest wish is for Contests to return.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I guess it depends on your definition of Evil but anyway id still like a Dark Type Gym its odd we haven't had one yet

And Yes I very much want the Contests back and a France based Region seems like a perfect place for it to return but I want it more in the style of the 3 Gen Contests dressing up your Pokemon and dancing was fun and all but the battle round always felt really lacking

Heres how I could see it improving
    If they made dressing up more like the theater but more accomodating to quadapedal pokemon that would be nice but if not make alot more clothing items to be found and a Park like in Sinnoh to run around with your Pokemon or better yet make it a sort of cross between the two and have a clothing store you can by props from and remove the dressing up time limit I disliked that alot
    Add the IV thing it makes sense though at the same time it might be annoying because before any pokemon with the right nature and moves could do well in a certain contest if IVs are introduced then only certain types of pokemon might do well in certain contests it might be a bit restricting
    New Contest food like Tea or Coffee or Cakes or some sort of pastry they have Pokeblocks which are Candy Proffin which is Bread now we need either a drink or a dessert and a cool fun way to make it (I miss making Pokeblocks Proffin not so much lol)
    The dance round always seemed ok but maybe allow us to choose from a list of songs or something
    Have double and triple contests where all your pokemon have to work together to make a good performance and have combination moves sort of like Fire Pledge and Grass Pledge except these are regular moves which combine into special moves like in the anime
    And finally I love tbe idea of Wi-fi Contests I really do testing your stuff agenst NPC's is ok but agenst other live players would be wonderful even if it was just one live player and two NPC's or just you and the live player in a one on one Contest

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    A Dark type Gym would be cool. No Flying type, we've seen too many of those in gen 2, 3, and 5. Hmm, Electric is also a no, gen 1, 3, 4, and 5. Bug maybe, only 2 and 5. We haven't seen fire since gen 3. I really can't think of any others off the top of my head. I think it would be cool to have the Pokétch back. Maybe you could hit a button and it'll turn into a C-Gear or something. But I definitely want all the Pokétch apps back. I would use the kitchen timer to record how long it would take my mom to shop. I loved the berry checker app. The type checker was helpful and I loved the breeder checker. I REALLY want contests and secret bases back. The PWT I really like(currently working on qualifying for the Champions tournament and get my third Trainer star). But a new Battle Frontier would ROCK. But my biggest wish is for Contests to return.

~Ayra~
    Flying isn't that overused, but it's getting there. And it's getting annoying having it 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't know why I just thought of this but if they bring Contests back then I think I know how Sylveon will evolve I bet Sylveon will be like Milotic in that it evolves base on how high a certain Contest Stat is for Sylveon I see it being Cute so a Eevee with a high Cute Stat (And maybe friendship though that might be confusing) would evolve into a Sylveon

It makes sense because to me Sylveon looks like its just perfect for Contests

Gym wise id like to see another Flying and Fire Gym or it might be interesting to have a duel type Gym if that would even be possible

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Flying isn't that overused, but it's getting there. And it's getting annoying having it 6th.
    Flying should either take a break or be in the Elite Four with Rock, Electric and Grass/Normal personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    I don't know why I just thought of this but if they bring Contests back then I think I know how Sylveon will evolve I bet Sylveon will be like Milotic in that it evolves base on how high a certain Contest Stat is for Sylveon I see it being Cute so a Eevee with a high Cute Stat (And maybe friendship though that might be confusing) would evolve into a Sylveon

It makes sense because to me Sylveon looks like its just perfect for Contests

Gym wise id like to see another Flying and Fire Gym or it might be interesting to have a duel type Gym if that would even be possible
    I doubt it since each Eeveelution is introduced a new evolution method that is introduced in its respective generation.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Flying should either take a break or be in the Elite Four with Rock, Electric and Grass/Normal personally.
    Maybe, but Normal, Water, Electric, Ice, and Dragon have been used a little bit more. I don't see why people are complaining about Flying in particular when those types are much bigger offenders.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Maybe, but Normal, Water, Electric, Ice, and Dragon have been used a little bit more. I don't see why people are complaining about Flying in particular when those types are much bigger offenders.
    True, but Normal is only seen in the beginning gyms and not much higher, Water needs to stop, I can accept Ice and Dragon as long as their not the 7-8th gym and Electric hasn't filled in an Elite Four Spot yet. And with Flying their is potential for the trainers rosters like maybe add a Skarmory or Aerodactyl in the team since Flying has a number of unique Pokémon sans Pidgeot, Swellow and Unfezant.

Flying types are usually fast attackers and some have great offense like Archeops and Starapter so I see no problem being used as an Elite Four position.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 30th May 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Water is my favourite type but it really needs to stop or be moved to the E4. There's obviously going to be some patterns in the gyms when there's 17 types, but I'm really surprised how GF have used Ice and Dragon. Always in the same spots and its getting really old. We played HG/SS and had Ice then Dragon, then we played BW and got the same, plus it just swapped Normal and Bug from 2 and 3. It just feels like you're playing the same game. Same with Unovas E4, all 4 had already been used twice and 3 of them were the same as Johto.

This is why I'm praying we go to the East when we get to Lumiose so the possible Ice gym will be earlier than usual. But more footage seems to suggest we go west instead
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    True, but Normal is only seen in the beginning gyms and not much higher, Water needs to stop, I can accept Ice and Dragon as long as their not the 7-8th gym and Electric hasn't filled in an Elite Four Spot yet. And with Flying their is potential for the trainers rosters like maybe add a Skarmory or Aerodactyl in the team since Flying has a number of unique Pokémon sans Pidgeot, Swellow and Unfezant.

Flying types are usually fast attackers and some have great offense like Archeops and Starapter so I see no problem being used as an Elite Four position.
    That's the point, they're overused gym types that are almost always fought at the same point in the game, they need to mix things up a bit. As for the Elite 4, I think this gen they should have at least 2 types that have been unused (Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, and Flying), and fill the rest with types that have been used only once (Fire, Water, Ground, Steel, Bug, Poison). Give the ones that have been used 2 or 3 times (Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Dragon) a rest.

That's the point, they're overused gym types that are almost always fought at the same point in the game, they need to mix things up a bit. As for the Elite 4, I think this gen they should have at least 2 types that have been unused (Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, and Flying), and fill the rest with types that have been used only once (Fire, Water, Ground, Steel, Bug, Poison). Give the ones that have been used 2 or 3 times (Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Dragon) a rest.
    Exactly, people always rave how we have never had a Dark gym, but there are 8 types that have never had Elite status.

I think it would be cool to have a dragon gym be the first one, and to have some dragons (or even one) available early-game since they're hard to train anyway. it would be pretty cool to have one with you throughout the whole game and have it evolve late-game. as opposed to getting one late-game and grinding til it evolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I think it would be cool to have a dragon gym be the first one, and to have some dragons (or even one) available early-game since they're hard to train anyway. it would be pretty cool to have one with you throughout the whole game and have it evolve late-game. as opposed to getting one late-game and grinding til it evolves.
    I said I'd love Dragon to go first a few days ago (It might have even been to you). It really wouldn't be that tough, they just resist your starters STAB. People forget that in Sinnoh we had to face a Cranidos which has WAY WAY more Atk than most 1st stage dragons so it aint a big deal.

And as for getting an early dragon that seems plausible to. Even early than Gible in Platinum, I hate catching a pokemon and then having it evolve like 2 levels later.

I would quite like your rival getting the legendary pokemon first, then going out of control, killing/injuring a few important people, smashing a few towns ect.. then at the very end of the game you face him, beat him and the legendary is released and goes to wherever it lives.

Then during the credits you see you and your rival visiting people in hospital.. towns being rebuilt.. and just the region gradually getting itself back together.

(When going to a smashed town all buildings will be in rubble except the pokemon center and mart, but they will be damaged)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I would quite like your rival getting the legendary pokemon first, then going out of control, killing/injuring a few important people, smashing a few towns ect.. then at the very end of the game you face him, beat him and the legendary is released and goes to wherever it lives.

Then during the credits you see you and your rival visiting people in hospital.. towns being rebuilt.. and just the region gradually getting itself back together.

(When going to a smashed town all buildings will be in rubble except the pokemon center and mart, but they will be damaged)
    Thank you... Now I'm imagining each of the new Gym leaders have been speared by Xerneas antlers and he's screaming 'You dont have enough badges to control me b****!!!!' to the rival xD
    Then it just runs back into the forest with the Gym leaders still flailing on its antlers and blood spraying everywhere.
    Last edited by Ditto24; 31st May 2013 at 1:40 AM.

I must be one of the few who fully approve of the Elite Four make-up we had this Generation (V). The "powers" seem to be types the quasi good/evil types that all supplement each other when it comes to weakness, resistance, etc. And having an Elite Four where you really had to dedicate a Pokémon, especially the one you plan on getting the One and Only Badge with, is quite a feat. Hopefully Fairy-type doesn't ruin this match-up.

As for Gym Leaders, I'd like to see Steel be towards the top. It's hard to fight competitively, but in-game by that time you have numerous fighting, fire, and ground-types to choose from. Dragon can be 7th again for all I care. Actually, Dragon needs to be brought down a peg. We had Dragon as a Regional E4 Champion, and as a Gym Leader this generation. Enough. It's been Gym Leader and/or E4 status in every gen except 4. Make Dark-types the seventh Gym! Use it in the plot somehow, similar to Giovanni's involvement in the first games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    I must be one of the few who fully approve of the Elite Four make-up we had this Generation (V). The "powers" seem to be types the quasi good/evil types that all supplement each other when it comes to weakness, resistance, etc. And having an Elite Four where you really had to dedicate a Pokémon, especially the one you plan on getting the One and Only Badge with, is quite a feat. Hopefully Fairy-type doesn't ruin this match-up.

As for Gym Leaders, I'd like to see Steel be towards the top. It's hard to fight competitively, but in-game by that time you have numerous fighting, fire, and ground-types to choose from. Dragon can be 7th again for all I care. Actually, Dragon needs to be brought down a peg. We had Dragon as a Regional E4 Champion, and as a Gym Leader this generation. Enough. It's been Gym Leader and/or E4 status in every gen except 4. Make Dark-types the seventh Gym! Use it in the plot somehow, similar to Giovanni's involvement in the first games.
    See the fact that Psychic/Dark/Fighting/Ghost are all very similar types dues to strengths and weaknesses, for me it makes it worse. You can sweep the entire Elite 4 with a Scrafty if you're lucky against Marshall. This might just be me but I group alot of types together like Phychic/Ghost/Dark/Fighting for example, so when they appear one after another I really don't like it.

But this might just be me.

I know this is way off topic. But I am really hoping for two big additions to the game play.
    1. type specific pokeballs. Example: the dusk ball is an awesome pokeball. what if they did like a zen ball for psy type pokemon?

2. I want another potion between the super and hyper available at the poke mart. lol u need super potions by level 30. (restoring 50hp) you don't really need hyper potion until u reach around 50 or greater.
    I dominate the world and chew bubble gum... and I am all out of bubble gum.

Black 2 Friend Code : 1765 3608 8869

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
    2. I want another potion between the super and hyper available at the poke mart. lol u need super potions by level 30. (restoring 50hp) you don't really need hyper potion until u reach around 50 or greater.
    They don't need to make a new one. We already have something like that.

Vending machines are now a staple to the series.
    Lemonades (80 HP, costs P350) and Moomoo Milk (100 HP, costs P500) are a better investment. Way cheaper than Super Potions (50 HP, costs P700) too.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    They don't need to make a new one. We already have something like that.

Vending machines are now a staple to the series.
    Lemonades (80 HP, costs P350) and Moomoo Milk (100 HP, costs P500) are a better investment. Way cheaper than Super Potions (50 HP, costs P700) too.
    We still need to able to buy drinks in bulk, though.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
    I know this is way off topic. But I am really hoping for two big additions to the game play.
    1. type specific pokeballs. Example: the dusk ball is an awesome pokeball. what if they did like a zen ball for psy type pokemon?

we have a net ball for bug and water and a dive ball for water
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    we have a net ball for bug and water and a dive ball for water
    yes that is true, what about fighting types? I was hoping for MORE like that
    I dominate the world and chew bubble gum... and I am all out of bubble gum.

Black 2 Friend Code : 1765 3608 8869

Getting more type specific Balls would be great but what I really want is the ability to change the color of the Balls to customize them and make them more personal I know this may never happen but a person can hope can't they?

But I think a Ancient Ball would be cool it would have a old feel to it and be sort of like a timer ball but the adverage catch rate is high like a Ultra Ball (I mostly use Timer Balls to catch legendaries because symbolic wise its fitting and it tends to take a while to catch them anyway)

Id like to simply see more decoritive Pokeballs even if you can't change the color

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Getting more type specific Balls would be great but what I really want is the ability to change the color of the Balls to customize them and make them more personal I know this may never happen but a person can hope can't they?

But I think a Ancient Ball would be cool it would have a old feel to it and be sort of like a timer ball but the adverage catch rate is high like a Ultra Ball (I mostly use Timer Balls to catch legendaries because symbolic wise its fitting and it tends to take a while to catch them anyway)

Id like to simply see more decoritive Pokeballs even if you can't change the color
    They did allow some customization with seals (although I disliked them greatly as they were annoying in that you had to remove them every time you put something in the PC). I think going out and making balls for every individual type might get a little crazy, but maybe a Shine Ball (NOT for any nonexistent new types and not Light Ball since that's already an item) for daytime and possibly Fire/Grass. I also think they should allow the Dusk ball to catch Ghost & Dark types more easily. Dive Balls should be scrapped since their uses are very limited and we've already got Net Balls for Water types. And I'd like to see the Heavy Ball return with a ?Float? ball in tow. This would be Light/Heavy of course and maybe Steel/Flying boosts? Also the Nest Ball should be scrapped.

I like the Nest ball. Although the use of False Swipe sort of negates its usefulness.

A Nest ball counterpart for catching higher level Pokemon would be too OP, I asume.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

How about the Magnet Ball, where we catch electric Pokemon more easily, but makes it harder to befriend.

Oh also I was thinking maybe we will see a new type of capturing device, like an upgrade of the pokeball. I was thinking I could be a disc shape which you control on the touch pad
    like you did to get pokemon in the Ranger games. It could work I guess, but the more I think about it, the more tedious my idea gets lol. Just throwing it out there.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Page 210 of 526 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast