Page 215 of 526 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Does anyone think that we may be able to use the 360 degrees camera move only inside of towns? We may be able to move any direction while in routes, but with a preset camera view... Since almost every picture from routes are; Third Person View, Top View and Side View. but when its shown the interior of Lumiose, we can see the full camera control... the rest, look quite preset without any inclinations or differences between camera view.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Anyone else think ice should be supereffective against water?
    Why when it's already great offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Why when it's already great offensively?
    Ice freezes water.. Ice is also greatly lacking defensively and may gain another weakness with the new type, so giving it another advantage would keep it the same.
    At the very least I would want it to be neutral against water.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Ice freezes water.. Ice is also greatly lacking defensively and may gain another weakness with the new type, so giving it another advantage would keep it the same.
    At the very least I would want it to be neutral against water.
    Ice does not freeze water. Ice and Water are the same thing. The type advantage wouldn't really make sense.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Okay then, the cold freezes the water.
    Ice is cold.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

You get cold water, then.

If you're adding ice to it, the ice melts in the water and you get more water.

You can honestly make basically any argument for any type effectiveness over any other type.

The ice type seems a little redundant then in some ways, if it almost just an accessory type to water- water resisting it could also have worked the other way though as well, of Ice also resisting water, because the frigid bodies of ice types freeze the water upon contact. Water resisting Ice does make sense, as water has the capacity to absorb the cold (Rhetorical, I don't need a Physics lesson) thus melting the ice.

I think Ice should resist Flying because a few Ice moves deal with blizzardy gusts of wind (Powder Snow, Icy Wind, Frost Breath, Blizzard...), so Ice types could have a bit of resistance to the effects of strong winds. Also, I've never seen a bird do well with pecking at a block of Ice, or finding food in the snow :P Just a thought.
    Last edited by storm12; 3rd June 2013 at 11:04 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Actually, I'd like to see Eevee evolve into Sylveon via learning a new move.

Such as the move "Sing", which can only be obtained with the newly announced event Eevee that is linked to the movie short that features Sylveon?
    Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by NotChip View Post
    Such as the move "Sing", which can only be obtained with the newly announced event Eevee that is linked to the movie short that features Sylveon?
    Did not know this.
    So maybe Song could become some kind of Egg move to Eevee, and then it can be used as an evolution method. Complex, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Did not know this.
    So maybe Song could become some kind of Egg move to Eevee, and then it can be used as an evolution method. Complex, but cool.
    Why would it be an egg move just to evolve? You would be forced to breed Eevee to evolve it which is stupid.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I think the reason Eevee having Sing is because the Eevee voiced in the short is voiced by a Japanese recording superstar and not to gain Sylveons attention.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Why would it be an egg move just to evolve? You would be forced to breed Eevee to evolve it which is stupid.
    Not really, there are many Pokemon that can only be obtained through breeding - this would be no different.
    Reserved

It would be an odd method of evolution on a pokemon learning a move that have both been around since RBY, I know pokemon acquire new moves in between generations, but that feels a little strange (Don't say Lickylicky =P) could be though. Though singing changing Eevee into Sylveon is a bit of weird one :S like, I dunno- I would expect something a bit different. Then again, the recent event Mewtwo can learn Hurricane and Blizzard can't it? Perhaps something to do with it's form change.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I think the reason Eevee having Sing is because the Eevee voiced in the short is voiced by a Japanese recording superstar and not to gain Sylveons attention.
    This though, probably actually; it was announced on a radio station too I believe
    Last edited by storm12; 3rd June 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Not really, there are many Pokemon that can only be obtained through breeding - this would be no different.
    There is no Pokemon that requires breeding for a move to evolve by knowing the move and they wouldn't do that. That is entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    (Don't say Lickylicky =P)
    Ok, I wont - I'll mention Yanma instead.

and they wouldn't do that.
    And how do you know this?
    Last edited by NotChip; 3rd June 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Reserved

I had mentioned before about Sylveon evolving by having a high Cute Stat but also having to have a item of some kind on top of the cute stat is a good idea either a have a Item or have high Friendship too but the Friendship thing is done by Espeon and Umbreon so I don't think Friendship will factor in

But the idea of it Evolving via learning Sing is a good idea too it fits with Sylveon's appearence though im thinking the Sing Eevee is just something special for the movie and has nothing to do with Sylveon's evolution method but hey GF may surprise us

On the Water Ice thing running water can and does melt ice so actually ice would be weak to water but Ice Types arn't just frozen Water they are Cold too so they could freeze water so really Ice and Water would be Neutral agenst each other imo

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

And how do you know this?
    Because it's stupid and GF would not force people to breed an Eevee to get one of their top advertisement Pokemon of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    It would be an odd method of evolution on a pokemon learning a move that have both been around since RBY, I know pokemon acquire new moves in between generations, but that feels a little strange (Don't say Lickylicky =P) could be though. Though singing changing Eevee into Sylveon is a bit of weird one :S like, I dunno- I would expect something a bit different. Then again, the recent event Mewtwo can learn Hurricane and Blizzard can't it? Perhaps something to do with it's form change.

This though, probably actually; it was announced on a radio station too I believe
    Indeed it was, I think Sing isn't going to affect Eevee in anyway at all and is going to probably have the Japanese recording star as the OT.

Think back to the release of Black and White -Zoroark was one, if not their top advertisement Pokemon for the games, which could only be obtained first through an event and then later relied on the players who owned it to trade the Pokemon, which resulted in breeding.
    Except the fact that this Eevee may be Male, thus not having Sing breedable.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 4th June 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Because it's stupid and GF would not force people to breed an Eevee to get one of their top advertisement Pokemon of XY.
    Think back to the release of Black and White -Zoroark was one, if not their top advertisement Pokemon for the games, which could only be obtained first through an event and then later relied on the players who owned it to trade the Pokemon, which resulted in breeding.
    Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by NotChip
    Yeah, and in gen IV, Lucario had to obtained from Riley via an egg and then evolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Ok, I wont - I'll mention Yanma instead.
    Haha :P
    But Yanma couldn't previously learn Ancient Power could it? The contention was that Lickitung could learn Rollout by some means in a prior generation? I know Eevee hasn't been able to learn sing, it is just the idea of a unique pokemon evolving by such a generic move is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    On the Water Ice thing running water can and does melt ice so actually ice would be weak to water but Ice Types arn't just frozen Water they are Cold too so they could freeze water so really Ice and Water would be Neutral agenst each other imo
    I think they could have also have resisted each other, just resisting water as well would have made Ice slightly better defensively; though just be like a weaker Water type defensively.

I agree with YPR that the singer will probably be the OT of the Eevee and that perhaps we are looking into this too much :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Maybe Sylveon is part of the new 'bonding' mechanic in X&Y, when you fully bond with your entire team or just sylveon and then give Eevee a pink bow then level it up, it will evolve to Sylveon? Just a guess
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan1905 View Post
    Maybe Sylveon is part of the new 'bonding' mechanic in X&Y, when you fully bond with your entire team or just sylveon and then give Eevee a pink bow then level it up, it will evolve to Sylveon? Just a guess
    I don't get this whole bonding idea. How is it different than happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    I don't get this whole bonding idea. How is it different than happiness?
    We don't know anything about it at all other than it apparently exists

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    We don't know anything about it at all other than it apparently exists
    I see. Any speculation?

Page 215 of 526 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast