Page 22 of 526 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #526
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,450

    Default

    I thought of some new move names:

    Belly roll, Quicksand, Snowball, Slime Ball, Stun Pierce, Ignite, Shell Spin
    Confirmed Generation VI:

    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

  2. #527

    Default

    I like the idea of a plague of some kind instead of a criminal team, with the player sent on a quest for a cure, and having to take down an evil legendary Pokémon looking to cleanse the world of humans. Its human minions could be under some sort of mind control brought about by infusing them with the power of the plague, like an army of undead monsters.

    What I'd REALLY like to see, however, is the player fighting against an oppressive government led by an evil Pokémon League, the Gym Leaders being corrupt local officials, and the criminal gang being the rebel militia fighting for freedom. The professor in the starting town could be a rebel scientist, who later betrays you and sells out the rebellion to the government.

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    What I'd REALLY like to see, however, is the player fighting against an oppressive government led by an evil Pokémon League, the Gym Leaders being corrupt local officials, and the criminal gang being the rebel militia fighting for freedom. The professor in the starting town could be a rebel scientist, who later betrays you and sells out the rebellion to the government.
    I really like this idea but I could see this being used years in the future then i guess we dont know the time frame of this region

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    So do you think those Steel Buidings are The Team's Headquarters
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I like the idea of a plague of some kind instead of a criminal team, with the player sent on a quest for a cure, and having to take down an evil legendary Pokémon looking to cleanse the world of humans. Its human minions could be under some sort of mind control brought about by infusing them with the power of the plague, like an army of undead monsters.

    What I'd REALLY like to see, however, is the player fighting against an oppressive government led by an evil Pokémon League, the Gym Leaders being corrupt local officials, and the criminal gang being the rebel militia fighting for freedom. The professor in the starting town could be a rebel scientist, who later betrays you and sells out the rebellion to the government.
    WARNING: This is wild speculation, the likes of which are VERY unlike me lol.

    I actually think that the buildings sort of remind me of a dark Area 51 like area. I actually had a similar idea to Paladin of Arceus where the evil team is the government. Perhaps they are doing cruel tests on humans and pokemon to see if they can give humans the genes of pokemon to make a new superior race of PokéMen. That's where Xerneas or Yveltal may come in. This could be a pretty cool twist if pulled off right. The government should seem good through out the entire game with only minor hints of doubt. The "evil" team can be a team of rebels/conspiratists, like Paladin of Arceus suggested, but let them be portrayed as bad at first. As the story progresses, their claims start to become justified and you start to investigate. I wouldn't make the gym leaders evil per se, but what if the gym battles where heavily monitored to see who the best contender for the final experiment is. Once you receive all 8 badges you are confronted by the president/organization leader who wants to use you as a vessel to establish a new world order. When you refuse, he battles you and looses, but then as another twist your rival who has always been one step behind you ALSO has gotten the 8 badges and excepts. Your final battle is against him/her fully transformed by the experiment and using the mascot legendary.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 10th January 2013 at 8:09 PM.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    LOL. It'd seriously be a good idea seeing as the Nazi's destroyed France in WWII, but the meltdowns and outrage it would cause would just be too much.
    It would be way too much of a bad taste, obviously, especially for German players. Not going to happen.

    As for the evil team, I for one don't want a mafia-based team. Something to do with science, approved by the government, with scientists doing unethical experiments in the name of SCIENCE!!!. And you have to stop them, with the help of the Gym Leaders. Or something like that.

    EDIT: Oh, looks like I was ninja'd... a lot. =p

  6. #531
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A box
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    WARNING: This is wild speculation, the likes of which are VERY unlike me lol.

    I actually think that the buildings sort of remind me of a dark Area 51 like area. I actually had a similar idea to Paladin of Arceus where the evil team is the government. Perhaps they are doing cruel tests on humans and pokemon to see if they can give humans the genes of pokemon to make a new superior race of PokéMen. That's where Xerneas or Yveltal may come in. This could be a pretty cool twist if pulled off right. The government should seem good through out the entire game with only minor hints of doubt. The "evil" team can be a team of rebels/conspiratists, like Paladin of Arceus suggested, but let them be portrayed as bad at first. As the story progresses, their claims start to become justified and you start to investigate. I wouldn't make the gym leaders evil per se, but what if the gym battles where heavily monitored to see who the best contender for the final experiment is. Once you receive all 8 badges you are confronted by the president/organization leader who wants to use you as a vessel to establish a new world order. When you refuse, he battles you and looses, but then as another twist your rival who has always been one step behind you ALSO has gotten the 8 badges and excepts. Your final battle is against him/her fully transformed by the experiment and using the mascot legendary.
    Now that would be an epic pokemon game. An unpredictable storyline full of twists and turns would be great


    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Considering there is some kind of chromosome theme what with the X and Y and such, maybe the evil team is trying to use the power of the legendaries to manupulate the genes of humans to create a race of superior beings.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    WARNING: This is wild speculation, the likes of which are VERY unlike me lol.

    I actually think that the buildings sort of remind me of a dark Area 51 like area. I actually had a similar idea to Paladin of Arceus where the evil team is the government. Perhaps they are doing cruel tests on humans and pokemon to see if they can give humans the genes of pokemon to make a new superior race of PokéMen. That's where Xerneas or Yveltal may come in. This could be a pretty cool twist if pulled off right. The government should seem good through out the entire game with only minor hints of doubt. The "evil" team can be a team of rebels/conspiratists, like Paladin of Arceus suggested, but let them be portrayed as bad at first. As the story progresses, their claims start to become justified and you start to investigate. I wouldn't make the gym leaders evil per se, but what if the gym battles where heavily monitored to see who the best contender for the final experiment is. Once you receive all 8 badges you are confronted by the president/organization leader who wants to use you as a vessel to establish a new world order. When you refuse, he battles you and looses, but then as another twist your rival who has always been one step behind you ALSO has gotten the 8 badges and excepts. Your final battle is against him/her fully transformed by the experiment and using the mascot legendary.
    I. Would. Love. That.

    Once again, probably not going to happen, but if it does, I will be so happy.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  9. #534
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    What I'd REALLY like to see, however, is the player fighting against an oppressive government led by an evil Pokémon League, the Gym Leaders being corrupt local officials, and the criminal gang being the rebel militia fighting for freedom. The professor in the starting town could be a rebel scientist, who later betrays you and sells out the rebellion to the government.
    Very interesting! That would be a huge twist and very exciting gameplay/story plot!

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mexico,Chihuahua
    Posts
    305

    Default

    I just hope we can re-match the gym leaders and that we get the Vs. Seeker back, just so we can train our team without having to run into wild Pokemon, just for those of us that suck at cometitive battles 8-)

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    What I think what they should do with street pass iswhen you pass someone the game shows the Pokemon that person had then you can go to a special in-game building to battle that person's pokemon. but a NPC is the trainer.

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    This is a bit of stretch, but not impossible.

    But what if streetpass brings back the use of secret bases? If you streepass someone, their base will appear in your game, and you can battle with a team that they save into the secret base. That seems like something that the creators would enjoy considering how much they support real life interaction.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  13. #538
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    This is a bit of stretch, but not impossible.

    But what if streetpass brings back the use of secret bases? If you streepass someone, their base will appear in your game, and you can battle with a team that they save into the secret base. That seems like something that the creators would enjoy considering how much they support real life interaction.
    They could bring bases back with mining. In the base you an have a share shelf. You can put an item you want to trade for on the shelf. It would be like GTS.
    Last edited by Hakunamawatta; 10th January 2013 at 10:15 PM.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    179

    Default

    I'm hoping the Elite 4 is similar to B/W. I liked the choice of direction and the way they countered each other. Not sure which types would work so well though... Ideas?
    -sflytal

    I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

    My level 100s:

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    What I'm wondering about, will the Mom in the game have a room this time?

  16. #541
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    One thing I'd love to see is some new priority moves like fire and electric type, I honestly don't see why electric types don't have a priority move with being speedy and what not
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  17. #542
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I want the main character to have only a father and not a mother, just to break the tradition of the player not havng a dad (it only has in R/S/E)

  18. #543
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    We could bring bases back with mining. In the base you an have a share shelf. You can put an item you want to trade for on the shelf. It would be like GTS.

    I like that idea. That would allow people who don't have access to the DW to still participate in things that DW players enjoy.
    Heck if they throw in the share shelf, they might as well maybe add a garden maybe.
    Or better yet add something like join avenue where you get to own your own mini shop and get to either barter or sell certain items. That would be a really cool idea.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  19. #544
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,791

    Default

    That's implying that the Dream World is coming back. I hope it does, but Pokemon doesn't have a great track record with transferring elements from generation to generation.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  20. #545
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    That's implying that the Dream World is coming back. I hope it does, but Pokemon doesn't have a great track record with transferring elements from generation to generation.
    I'm so scared that they'll take away the repel feature guys >.<

  21. #546
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I'm hoping the Elite 4 is similar to B/W. I liked the choice of direction and the way they countered each other. Not sure which types would work so well though... Ideas?
    I liked it too, the freedom of choice that is, I don't care about the types countering each other.

    I'd like some new types for Elite Four though, at least one. I'd be interested in having the starter's type being the Elite Four this time, still need a fourth, which can just be Electric. That'd be three new types, Fire was only used once too. I'd really like to have Dark, Fighting, Ghost, or Psychic not be used this time, so so long as it's not those(Or Dragon) I'd be fine with whatever types they use(I'd have no real issue of any of those 5 being used though).

    Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    I just hope we can re-match the gym leaders and that we get the Vs. Seeker back, just so we can train our team without having to run into wild Pokemon, just for those of us that suck at cometitive battles 8-)
    I don't expect to be able to rebattle the Gym Leaders if there will be another game to go with X and Y later on, we never have been able to battle the Gym Leaders again in the first games. Since the addition of Gym re-matches was added in Emerald, we have only been able to do so in the third set of the games, as well as the remake of HG/SS, Black 2 and White 2 also had it, albeit it was done differently that time around. Regardless, I don't expect it to happen yet.

    I don't care about Vs. Seeker so long as like the 5th gen games, there are certain areas to battle people every day, I'd like it to be expanded on though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I'm so scared that they'll take away the repel feature guys >.<
    I doubt they will, but if they do, no big deal to me, I manged without it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  22. #547
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    I miss the Underground tunnels from D/P/Pt, I always ended up playing Tag with my friends down there, and we would set up traps and all that good stuff.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  23. #548
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    That's implying that the Dream World is coming back. I hope it does, but Pokemon doesn't have a great track record with transferring elements from generation to generation.
    true....which is sad because i wad counting on a pwt, except instead have it be a worldwide type thing.
    mainly to take advantage of operating on the nintendo network, instead of wifi connection.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  24. #549
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    That's implying that the Dream World is coming back. I hope it does, but Pokemon doesn't have a great track record with transferring elements from generation to generation.
    I don't see why. As long as they own the website, they may as well make use of it. I do wonder how they'll handle compatibility with XY, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #550
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Just had this idea and posted it (alongside much more relevant stuff) in another thread. But I was wondering... France... Vineyards... Berries... Pokéwine?
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Page 22 of 526 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •