Page 228 of 526 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

In my opinion those things you feed your pokemon in pokemon-amie look similar to the poffins, so maybe they will make a return.
    Also i have my own reasoning for why "the helioptle you stepped on attacked". It got me thinking, what if, every so often, you see a sleeping pokemon in the overworld. You try to walk past them but you step on them and they attack, but because they are rare, the have their hidden ability?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I don't know whether anyone else has noticed this (probably has been discussed somewhere), but, during the part where they were showing Pokemon-Amie, when they were showing Zoroak, Snorlax and Sylveon being petted, we heard their normal cries, but near the end when it was Pikachu's turn, it was a realistic cry (think it went Pi...pi...pika pika!)

So would this voice cry only be made special for Pikachu? That would be unfair to the rest :/
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    I don't know whether anyone else has noticed this (probably has been discussed somewhere), but, during the part where they were showing Pokemon-Amie, when they were showing Zoroak, Snorlax and Sylveon being petted, we heard their normal cries, but near the end when it was Pikachu's turn, it was a realistic cry (think it went Pi...pi...pika pika!)

So would this voice cry only be made special for Pikachu? That would be unfair to the rest :/
    It is, but Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, so they will do a lot of special things for him. Yellow is kind of an example of this (although it is, of course, quite influenced by the anime, not just Pikachu).
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Okay, fairy is SE on dragon. What do you guys fairy's weaknesses are?
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    If that one leak is correct, Poison and Steel. As I've said in another part of the forum, I feel like Fairy was made just to "balance" the game. Just my opinion, though.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    It is, but Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, so they will do a lot of special things for him. Yellow is kind of an example of this (although it is, of course, quite influenced by the anime, not just Pikachu).
    True, but it is terribly inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    If the Pokebeach rumors were true, then it would be weak against Poison & Steel.

I mentioned somewhere above, Poison, cos it's corrosive and harmful to life (represented by the overall 'goodness' fairy) and Steel...well...cos it's inorganic?
    Last edited by humilau; 11th June 2013 at 7:21 PM. Reason: type mix up
    Knarly, dude!

Aren't they Poison and Steel or are the weaknesses not confirmed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Aren't they Poison and Steel or are the weaknesses not confirmed yet?
    Technically, the weaknesses are not confirmed yet. That's just based off of that one leak a while back.

Started by jesusfreak94:

The walk/run speeds seem pretty fast from watching the video (for the 100th time).
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    The walk/run speeds seem pretty fast from watching the video (for the 100th time).
    Hopefully the surfing speed is fast too. I don't want another D/P incident with the surfing speed XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm curious to know if the list of older pokemon is definitive or just what they've told us so far. I'd be shocked if Clefairy's family line wasn't, you know, fairy type. Same goes for many other pokemon that would count well as fairies.
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_n View Post
    I'm curious to know if the list of older pokemon is definitive or just what they've told us so far. I'd be shocked if Clefairy's family line wasn't, you know, fairy type. Same goes for many other pokemon that would count well as fairies.
    It would be impossible for clefairy to not get fairy type, so there is most likely more.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I think most people would bet Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable will be, maybe along with Snubbull and Granbull considering they're known as the fairy Pokemon.

To have so many Pokemon be re-classified as fairy type though is a bit extreme (if all the evolutions of those Pokemon mentioned bar Gallade will become fairy too). When steel and dark came out, the only Pokemon to have gotten a change then was Magnemite and Magneton which made sense. I do hope they don't go overboard with the re-typings.

On a side note, I do like the idea of the amie, even if it is a bit nintendogs like.

Its obviously what they told us so far, they wouldn't just put a huge list out there in the presentation, they migth put a list on the website later or just let us discover that when we play the games.

The steel weakness is due to the fae lore in which cold iron is a bane for that people. Which is really, really cool if true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy#P...and_protection
    "You asked the gods, and they are answering. Open your ears, listen, you'll hear."
    "It's only the wind. The leaves are rustling."
    "Who do you think sends the wind, if not the gods?"

---The Monkeys Are Listening--

Quote Originally Posted by sheol View Post
    The steel weakness is due to the fae lore in which cold iron is a bane for that people. Which is really, really cool if true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy#P...and_protection
    That article could then suggest being weak to Water and Grass as well...running water and four-leaf clovers...

Given the "nice cute guys" profile that they seem to have given fairies in pokemon, I will assume they will keep the "Nature protectors" concept of them, therefore making it unlikely to give them weaknesses to those types, but there is a definetively possibility.
    "You asked the gods, and they are answering. Open your ears, listen, you'll hear."
    "It's only the wind. The leaves are rustling."
    "Who do you think sends the wind, if not the gods?"

---The Monkeys Are Listening--

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    In my opinion those things you feed your pokemon in pokemon-amie look similar to the poffins, so maybe they will make a return.
    They look more like macarons which is in-fitting with the French/european basis of the region. The 'stepped on Helioptile' bit I'm guessing is solely down to adding some diversity to the dialogue boxes instead of 'a wild Pokemon appeared' ad infinitum.

Yeah, the steel typing and the Fae's weakness to iron makes sense. It might also represent industrialization taking over "nature"? Although I'm not sure that Fairy as a nature theme is the direction they are going in.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

you know what, Fairy-Type......

....means pink Arceus

(of course, that's assuming there's a new plate for Fairy)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    you know what, Fairy-Type......

....means pink Arceus

(of course, that's assuming there's a new plate for Fairy)
    This does raise the question as to whether or not a Plate for Fairy will be added. I would guess they would add one, since Arceus is Arceus and not being able to be one of the types would be kind of awkward.

Started by jesusfreak94:

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Pretty sure they're supposed to be macarons - a french confection that comes in many colors and flavors. They certainly add to the french-ness of the game. And they're super trendy right now. Noms.

But I can very much see these being made with berries - honestly, lack of berries in the main game of Gen V felt wrong. I know we haven't really seen berry trees/plants in the trailers, but I hope the macarons point towards berry growing - though it may just be another online berry thing - I didn't ever use dream world that much, because it felt hard to get to and out of the way, and I never remembered while on the computer - I hope it'll be less out of the way in X/Y

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet(If so I am going to look like a complete idiot),but back at the beginning of the trailer I noticed from the look from the sky on the "Eiffel" Tower that it was a Gym!
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

If the rumor from pokebeach is really true, the first gym is Bug and the second Fairy, maybe Vivillon is the main (strongest) pokemon in the first gym, being Bug/Flying, so 4x weakness against Rollout (Chespin)

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    If the rumor from pokebeach is really true, the first gym is Bug and the second Fairy, maybe Vivillon is the main (strongest) pokemon in the first gym, being Bug/Flying, so 4x weakness against Rollout (Chespin)
    I'm actually starting to accept that the leaked info is true

Page 228 of 526 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast