Page 254 of 526 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Good luck trying to rid Stealth Rocks in battle because the only viable Pokémon in Sky Battles with Rapid Spin are Cryoganol and Delibird whom both can't switch in on anything in the defensive side.

EDIT: Forgot about Claydol lol.

And for future reference here is a list of all Levitate possesors.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...tate_(Ability)

Flying Gastro Acid Eelektross FTW!
    Last edited by Dragalge; 18th June 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Good luck trying to rid Stealth Rocks in battle because the only viable Pokémon in Sky Battles with Rapid Spin are Cryoganol and Delibird whom both can't switch in on anything in the defensive side.

I for one like the flying microwaves, lawn mowers, washing machines, refrigerators, and fans. haha
    But sky battles do introduce a fun dynamic. It's a fresh idea besides the usual running on the land/water running into some Pokémon. However, it would be a hell of a lot more fun if YOU COULD HAVE WILD ENCOUNTERS. Jesus that's how fly should be. Different argument, but sky battles seems to be just limited to just trainer battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I for one like the flying microwaves, lawn mowers, washing machines, refrigerators, and fans. haha
    But sky battles do introduce a fun dynamic. It's a fresh idea besides the usual running on the land/water running into some Pokémon. However, it would be a hell of a lot more fun if YOU COULD HAVE WILD ENCOUNTERS. Jesus that's how fly should be. Different argument, but sky battles seems to be just limited to just trainer battles.
    Thing is Fly is basically only an auto teleportation to another town. While it would be awesome to expand wild encounters to the skies I personally don't see it working for Fly.

Maybe when we sit on benches we can see a shadow of a Pokémon and the flying critter charges at you and a wild battle begins.....by sitting!

I wonder if you can use the move Fly in a Sky battle
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Thing is Fly is basically only an auto teleportation to another town. While it would be awesome to expand wild encounters to the skies I personally don't see it working for Fly.

Maybe when we sit on benches we can see a shadow of a Pokémon and the flying critter charges at you and a wild battle begins.....by sitting!
    Well then, we could have the option to teleport or to fly "normally". Someone mentioned something like having to fly all the way if it's the first time you're flying from one place to another, and after that you have the option to teleport.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Flying Gyarados maybe?

I doubt pokemon like scyther and gyarados will be able to take part..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Probably would be like stadium 1 & 2 where the Pokémon just goes up but is still seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    What would happen if both pokemon used fly? Would it become a regular sky battle again. haha

Another thing, the sky battles must not be too high up or the trainers would not be able to give their orders..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladlebug View Post
    What would happen if both pokemon used fly? Would it become a regular sky battle again. haha
    And if they keep using Fly... Space Battle.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by lavanda View Post
    Oh Jesus that would be hilarious, both just keep on using fly to the point where both lose consciousness and fall to the ground. Epic hilarity would ensue.

I remember reading about the air balloon question, what were to happen if it was popped? Would your Pokémon fall and faint? Or would it just resist the laws of physics?

Quote Originally Posted by lavanda View Post
    Then Rayquaza shows up and finishes both of them off.

Oh Jesus that would be hilarious, both just keep on using fly to the point where both lose consciousness and fall to the ground. Epic hilarity would ensue.

I remember reading about the air balloon question, what were to happen if it was popped? Would your Pokémon fall and faint? Or would it just resist the laws of physics?
    The battle would continue like normal most likely.

The battle would continue like normal most likely.
    Yes, but the air balloon loses it's effect once it well pops. So then there is nothing from stopping the Pokémon from dropping. Unless gravity has a secondary effect in sky battles to make non flying pokes to float.

Worry seed, gastro acid, entrainment.

Elektross line
    Carnivine
    Jumpluff line
    Tropius
    Shaymin Sky Forme
    Chingling line

^ They could be eligible for sky battles and have access to one of the above moves to get rid of Levitate... so yeah, I wonder how GameFreak will stop levitating pokemon from plummeting to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality;16080230[B
    ]^ They could be eligible for sky battles and have access to one of the above moves to get rid of Levitate... so yeah, I wonder how GameFreak will stop levitating pokemon from plummeting to the ground[/B].
    Probably say, "Pokémon x is unable to battle, or Pokémon x has lost it's ability to fly!" *Switch ensues*

Yes, but the air balloon loses it's effect once it well pops. So then there is nothing from stopping the Pokémon from dropping. Unless gravity has a secondary effect in sky battles to make non flying pokes to float.
    Well first off, why would a Flying or Levitating pokemon use an Air Balloon when they're airborne and immune to Ground-type moves and entry hazards in the first place? When it pops, the pokemon would just resume battling in the sky.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    Well first off, why would a Flying or Levitating pokemon use an Air Balloon when they're airborne and immune to Ground-type moves and entry hazards in the first place? When it pops, the pokemon would just resume battling in the sky.
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was speculating ANY Pokémon could use an air balloon and begin to "float" as the item description suggests. While unlikely, it would be cool to see a flying Pikachu (like the classic one being held up by balloons and killing flying types with thunderbolt) But at the same time, as I was speculating it seemed even more likely when the air balloon pops. As in that's the only thing keeping the Pokémon afloat. I also suggested the move gravity being used prior to bringing in a Pokémon and would allow for non flying types to enter the battle.

Probably say, "Pokémon x is unable to battle, or Pokémon x has lost it's ability to fly!" *Switch ensues*
    That's what I was gonna say. Gastro acid would probably just work like roar (would that work without the negative priority?)

Carnivine can have Levitate?

That'll be a weird Sky Battle, I think GF gave it Levitate just for the lulz when they finally decided to introduce Sky Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladlebug View Post
    Yep. 'The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the opponent's team.'
    One simply does not escape Stealth Rock.
    I wish there was a move/ ability that existed solely to punish that ridiculous move maybe a technique that sends entry hazards from your side of the map to the other! (or outright makes stealthrockers suicide on their own rocks)
    I hate stealth rock it just ruins viability of Pokemon...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    I wish there was a move/ ability that existed solely to punish that ridiculous move maybe a technique that sends entry hazards from your side of the map to the other! (or outright makes stealthrockers suicide on their own rocks)
    I hate stealth rock it just ruins viability of Pokemon...
    Magic Bounce?

What about Pokémon that can fly (have wings, levitate, can learn Fly, hover, float) but don't have the Flying type or Levitate ability? Such as Beedrill, Mew, Dustox, Venomoth, Magnemite's line, Scizor, Heracross Volcarona, Shuppet's line, Glalie, Jirachi, Deoxys, Munna's line, Yamask's line, etc.

It wouldn't make sense to have Butterfree in a Sky Battle while its counterpart Beedrill cannot participate in one. The ability shouldn't be the requirement, they should base the eligibility on the Pokémon's design. If they did that, moves like Worry Seed could just work like Splash: "But nothing happened."

If the mechanics is solely based on typing and ability (rather than design), what happens when Pelipper uses Soak on Tornadus and it loses its Flying type?
    Richie | 4597 0550 9417 | Nosepass, Onix, Rhydon

In battle if Both Pokemon use Fly on the same turn the battle should switch to a sky battle.

Page 254 of 526 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast