Page 3 of 526 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand on water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.
    They'll probably just be like they are now. There will be an ocean background. A dark spot where the Pokemon stands. Maybe even a rock or small island will appear?

They probably wont make it completely relative to size (Imagine how much space a Wailord vs. Groudon battle would take), as the 3ds probably wont be able to handle it. They could, however, do it the same way they have done since previous Gens, where you can tell that it's big/small based on how it appears.

This probably doesnt make any sense
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I really hope they add really good additions to the gameplay for Pokemon X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    The surf battles will probably be the same as Gen V, with the water tiles and you have the water moving around...if you look back at the trailer you see the battle on grass uses the same grassy area like the one from B2W2

I was thinking the samething about the sizes but when you think about it I doubt it would work...imagine Froakie vs Groudon o_O
    Probably, if the usual grass battles are similar to Gen V then the Surf battles are probably the same.

Hahaha, okay that would be pretty ridiculous... Well I guess only time will tell. I wonder if we will be getting any treats from Corocoro? I have a feeling Pokesmash will just be a recap of this more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    They probably wont make it completely relative to size (Imagine how much space a Wailord vs. Groudon battle would take), as the 3ds probably wont be able to handle it. They could, however, do it the same way they have done since previous Gens, where you can tell that it's big/small based on how it appears.

This probably doesnt make any sense
    It made sense to me I think... You mean like the sound it makes and that stuff comes out the ground?

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Let's hope we won't have any stupid stuff like Pokewood>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    Yeah that wouldn't be too bad as long as they don't look too stiff but more natural; I'm also curious about what "Surf battles" are gonna be like, unless they just cut them out completely (which I doubt). Also I'm hoping the Pokemon will be somewhat proportional during battles, like for example if Froakie attacked Arceus with whatever physical move it did, then it'd love tiny instead of the same size.

Not that I mind too much, it'd just be cool to see them make that much of an effort.
    One of my concerns as well.. I don't want Froakie to be able to do that against a Wailord for example.. Or even worse, how do they show something 'miss' Wailord? Or on the flipside, how will they show stuff hitting Joltik?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Better than musicals IMO

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Hey, Pokewood was awesome! xD Better than Pokemon musicals and contests and stuff, IMO.

I really, really, REALLY want a secret base this time. Pretty much THE biggest feature from Gen III that I missed the most. It would be even better if you could do something meaningful there, like heal your Pokemon or if they went the extra mile and brought back being able to battle other people in their bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    They'll probably just be like they are now. There will be an ocean background. A dark spot where the Pokemon stands. Maybe even a rock or small island will appear?
    My god, that would be flippin' hilarious if it actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Better than musicals IMO
    Or yeah...musicals...yuck!!if they make an alternative competition,it has to be at least interesting>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    My god, that would be flippin' hilarious if it actually happened.
    "Holy crap my trainer is suddenly an Earthbender!"

If the pokes actually move to attack the other and they r the correct size, I would LOVE to see wailord body slam patrat ! That would be fun. I wonder if patrat would become a pancake like in tom and jerry

I really hope they decide to create a new system for Gen VI and stop using Dream World (Keep it for B&W obviously, just don't continue to use it with this new generation). DW was the main reason I wouldn't buy B+W2 after enjoying the first games so much, the whole thing just felt clunky. After a couple weeks you basically saw all the new areas, they had all the same games with maybe one exception per zone, and with the hard limit on the max number of pokemon you could ever take out of the DW there was no way to ever collect all the pokemon. The limit may have been removed later on, I don't personally know, I stopped playing eventually, but that was a huge mistake in my opinion to have one to begin with. I hope they go back and do something more innovative like the pokewalker again, that was a fun toy that at least gave me an excuse to look forward to going to work since I could bring it along with me.

Some kind of optional online thing is fine, even if it's another way to get exclusive pokemon, I just don't like the idea of unique pokemon or pokemon with unique powers being tied to a website. Things can go wrong, the site can go down, some day the site will be taken down when it's not used by as many people, your net can go down, etc. The pokewalker was at least always there to play with no matter what the situation was. I know some people will say that the website being taken down won't matter because it won't get taken down until it's not used much, but the number of people who still play gen I and II games attest to the fact that there will always be people who prefer older games and losing access to some pokemon forever because they take down a website just bites.

Anyway, first post, so...hi! I've been lurking on this site for about...ten years or so, give or take (has it really been that long? I think so)...never had the courage to actually post or say hi or anything, so...hi! Don't eat me.
    Last edited by sutasafaia; 8th January 2013 at 5:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    One of my concerns as well.. I don't want Froakie to be able to do that against a Wailord for example.. Or even worse, how do they show something 'miss' Wailord? Or on the flipside, how will they show stuff hitting Joltik?
    HA! Those are good point's... I guess everything will be roughly the same size, within reason obviously. Either that or they'll make certain animations of bigger/smaller pokemon different to that of normal sized.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Coughcough XD/Colloseum/PBR cough
    I was talking about the main series, for me the gyms are part of what makes the world of Pokémon feel cohesive. Technically those instalments were spin-offs. I mean, yeah, they were RPG's, but it still revolved around snagging pokémon, which I can certainly say we will NEVER see in the main games. And PBR is just a Pokémon Stadium, but without a lot of the stuff on the latter, so I really don't count it much.

And I'm also excited to see the pokémon movements during battle. This seems to be something that GF "ups" in every generation, and I think that one will be no exception. Hoping to see an even more fluid battle in this gen!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

My two big asks for this new generation are (like others have said) trainer customisation and I'd also like to see a less linear path on my journey. As in much more caves, routes etc. that you don't need to travel through or explore to progress in the story but you still can if you wish, along with a lot more proper side quests you could do before and after the main story would also be a great addition.
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

Quote Originally Posted by sutasafaia View Post
    I really hope they decide to create a new system for Gen VI and stop using Dream World (Keep it for B&W obviously, just don't continue to use it with this new generation). DW was the main reason I wouldn't buy B+W2 after enjoying the first games so much, the whole thing just felt clunky. After a couple weeks you basically saw all the new areas, they had all the same games with maybe one exception per zone, and with the hard limit on the max number of pokemon you could ever take out of the DW there was no way to ever collect all the pokemon. The limit may have been removed later on, I don't personally know, I stopped playing eventually, but that was a huge mistake in my opinion to have one to begin with. I hope they go back and do something more innovative like the pokewalker again, that was a fun toy that at least gave me an excuse to look forward to going to work since I could bring it along with me.
    i agree with this. down with dream world. it gets boring to fast
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

The one thing I really want to see? Since Nintendo are making downloadable titles available simultaneously with the boxed release, I want to be able to access extra stuff if I'm playing the dowloaded version with a DS game in the slot, and be able to transfer old Pokémon over without needing two DSs. I'd also love hidden abilities to just be available in normal play now.

What do people think the chances are thet we're going to see more hidden abilities? Is four potential abilities a bit much? Do we think there's going to be a Dream World equivalent this time around?

Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding. And interesting legends, why do I get this feeling that one of them is involved somehow with the knight quad.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

well, with this new battle system. I think it's safe to say...

Diglett is screwed.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Quote Originally Posted by lidaboy View Post
    well, with this new battle system. I think it's safe to say...

Diglett is screwed.
    lol

anyhoo did anyone else wonder how they do the swinging on the rope/vine thing?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding.
    Maybe they'll make a 3ds app, that can only be played with a Gen V game in the slot. The app copies (COPIES, not transfers, hehe) into its memory, and saves it. Then you load up Pokemon X/Y, and go to the Pal Park/Poketransfer equivalent, hit transfer option and send pokes from the app that's alrerady on the 3ds. This way, it only takes one 3DS, but is a little longer.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding. And interesting legends, why do I get this feeling that one of them is involved somehow with the knight quad.
    Exactly. But now theres a 3DS pokemon game coming we could get some VC pokemon games.
    @Suta The poke-walker was the reason why I bought soulsliver.
    At list there are a bunch of traditional stuff in the game like the battle circle and the grass-before-a-wild-pokemon-battle.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Maybe they'll make a 3ds app, that can only be played with a Gen V game in the slot. The app copies (COPIES, not transfers, hehe) into its memory, and saves it. Then you load up Pokemon X/Y, and go to the Pal Park/Poketransfer equivalent, hit transfer option and send pokes from the app that's alrerady on the 3ds. This way, it only takes one 3DS, but is a little longer.
    Now that's awesome idea. We'd wouldn't have to worry about ever one-time moving my Pokemon again until Gen VII comes around XD
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 8th January 2013 at 6:22 PM.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

or if you have X or Y downloaded on the eshop. and one of the others in the slot?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 3 of 526 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast