Page 32 of 526 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

I hope there isn't a bad team in this game. :/ I think that's been overdone. Something else would be better, like maybe a civil war in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Anyway, I hope Triple and Rotation Battles receive more attention in this gen. They were more like gimmick features in Gen V, to be honest.
    That's because they are. Double Battles have a lot more potential because it's much more common to fight two trainers at once than it would be to fight three trainers at once (which I don't think can actually happen, but it's possible), or one trainer that favors fighting with three Pokemon at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Yes! I'm almost positive that we the fans are guaranteed a dark gym. I think that gamefreak has indeed noticed and I don't think they'll fail us.
    Me personally I really want to see a normal type Elite 4 member, maybe bring back Norman as an elite?
    I only wish this because Normal types are by far my faveorite type! And I haven't received a good normal type battle since Whitney in the original Gold and Silver days, and Norman back in Ruby and Saphire.
    After reading this id like a normal gym aswel its brought back the memories of whitney and norman and how hard they where to beat back in the day they really showcased how powerful normal types could be!

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Anyone got any ideas for new dual types? I'm thinking of Bug/Psychic, Psychic/Dark, Poison/Dragon, Poison/Electric, Ground/Poison, Bug/Dragon, Dragon/Rock, Dragon/Fighting, Ghost/Fighting or maybe Fighting/Flying types.
    I'm expecting Psychic/Electric for Xerneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    I hope there isn't a bad team in this game. :/ I think that's been overdone. Something else would be better, like maybe a civil war in the region.
    I don't think so... Not in a game for kids. As long as they come up with new ideas and motives for teams, they'll be there.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    After reading this id like a normal gym aswel its brought back the memories of whitney and norman and how hard they where to beat back in the day they really showcased how powerful normal types could be!
    EXACTLY! Only I'm hoping for an elite 4 member, just because agains its my type of choice, and because I think people might be tired of normal gyms, since both B/W and B2/W2 both featured them.
    But if they were to add a normal gym, id be very happy nonetheless

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

How about giving each move a speed (weaker moves would be faster and stronger moves would be slower, generally), and who goes first would be a combination of the user's and the move's speed. that would shake things up

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaurtrainer View Post
    How about giving each move a speed (weaker moves would be faster and stronger moves would be slower, generally), and who goes first would be a combination of the user's and the move's speed. that would shake things up
    That would be completely pointless. "Let's just throw everything we've done and established over the years out the window. Make it irrelevant just because we can."

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaurtrainer View Post
    We have that already. Lol it's called "Priority."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

We have that already. Lol it's called "Priority."
    He's talking about changing the priority around a lot though. Like giving every single damage-causing move different priorities based on their power.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

yeah every move would have a speed stat and when determining who goes first It would take a weighted average of the pokemon's speed and the move's speed leaning more towards the pokemon's speed of course.
    this way there is more flexibility and options in battle. as well as add a new element of unpredictability to the game

I'd rather have the Light Type than that nonsense.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    I hope there will be a mode in which we can change from this newly introduced "sideworld" to the overworld. I like it much more, as I'm very unconfortable with SIMS-like graphics: they're too much for my eyes!
    I think we'll still get plenty of overworld, but the camera angle will change depending on where you are. If you watch the XY trailer carefully, you'll see that almost every shot of the player walking has a different camera angle. On route 3, the camera is closer to the ground and further away from the player than in the forest, for example. And in one shot the character is even at the bottom of the screen instead of in the middle. It is my belief that Game Freak just wanted to show off the new 3D world in the trailer by showing areas that have varied camera angles; I bet most of the game will still have the overworld camera angle we're familiar with so dungeons can puzzles can maintain their style and accessibility.
    Last edited by TWN; 13th January 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    I think we'll still get plenty of overworld, but the camera angle will change depending on where you are. If you watch the XY trailer carefully, you'll see that almost every shot of the player walking has a different camera angle. On route 3, the camera is closer to the ground and further away from the player than in the forest, for example. And in one shot the character is even at the bottom of the screen instead of in the middle. It is my belief that Game Freak just wanted to show off the new 3D world in the trailer by showing areas that have varied camera angles; I bet most of the game will still have the overworld camera angle we're familiar with so dungeons can puzzles can maintain their style and accessibility.
    It's more than likely going to be exactly like what we've got with B/W. Whenever you get to an interesting place or some such thing the camera angle will change, but otherwise it will be firmly rooted in its normal position.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    we may be able to zoom in so its from your POV rather than watching the character run if thats any better? but I would imagin the camera will move around on its own to showcase the 3D world around our (Mii) character
    You mean like first person? Naa, if they do bring in zoom in or out I hope we can set it at an angle and distance so it would be like previous gen or as close as possible to

The camera moving around is what most likely will happen, just like in BW/B2W2 at places like Sky Arrow Bridge
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

I think you're forgetting the fact that not all of those might be actually in the game itself. For all we know, they could have specifically created those scenes just to showcase the 3D world. Just like how the anime scenes of the B2W2 trailer aren't in the game.

It's possible, but not confirmed, nor very likely, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I think you're forgetting the fact that not all of those might be actually in the game itself. For all we know, they could have specifically created those scenes just to showcase the 3D world. Just like how the anime scenes of the B2W2 trailer aren't in the game.

It's possible, but not confirmed, nor very likely, for that matter.
    The trailor did say game footage not final

when was the last time we had a dungeon puzzle
    Last edited by Phantom champion Z; 14th January 2013 at 1:09 AM.

I hope Game Freak take the mystery dungeon route and implement dlc for stuff like side missions, trainers, c gear and Pokedex Skins, and most notably: Character Customization.

I mean, how cool would it be to be able to download a Ash outfit when the X and Y anime stArts?

And not only that, but maybe putting on some accessorie, clothes, and outfits could boost in game stuff. So say you put on a ChanSey necklace or a ChanSey outfit...That could give you a boost where your Pokemon gain more Hp EVs from battle. Or maybe you put on A some cool jeans and a nice hat....Female trainers will be more likely to give you extra cash after a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    when was the last time we had a dungeon puzzles
    if TWN means Caves using flash, strength and rock smash I did one in a cave in Black 2 today TM hunting it really helps alot to be able to see from above when doing these and would be 10x harder and longer if you couldnt see trainers or what was around the corner before you turned
    Last edited by gpt11; 14th January 2013 at 1:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post

Player starts out in home town, and sees a squirrel, meets professor, asks about it, they don't know, but think it may be... nevermind. They continue the journey, and the Squirrel always appears in or around a place where the Serpent is influencing people as its minions (the evil team).

Eventually, you learn that they have captured one of the two guardians of the great Tree Pokemon (Grass/Ground maybe), the one of your game game, and are going to sacrifice it to the great Serpent. The Squirrel takes you to the tree, where the guardian mascot of the opposite game appears, and picks you up, taking you to where it is being held. You fight through the evil team, and battle your mascot, which is angry and has turned against you. You have two options, KO or Catch. After that, the leader of the teach laughs, and captures the other pokemon. Cutscene where the Legendary Serpent comes out of the ground, and the just KOed or Caught pokemon knocks it out of the way, saving them both. You then have to defeat the Serpent as the final battle, which is a tripple battle where the Squirrel, you, and the opposite legend all right the Serpent, which is defeated for now. You go to the tree and the other guardian returns and thanks you, and says he will send the squirrel if he ever needs his partner if you captured it, or they are both there.

Pokemon Z, the Serpent has awoken again, and the region is dying. One of the guardians has gone missing, and the other has been captured by a new ground of villains. In this game, unlike the last, the team takes control of the Serpent, and has used it to capture the Pokemon that lives within the Tree. The quirrel once again guides you, and you are able to capture the serpent this time around. Post Game adds an additional storyline where you must find the Squirrel and X and Y, who awaken the tree for battle and capture.
    Just wanted to say, I'd posted this idea on the legendary board, and thought I'd post it here for anyone who didn't see it. Any thoughts?
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Its a beta trailer, expect a lot of it to change.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I would love to see...

1.) A return to "Partner Pokemon." Allowing your favorite Pokemon to follow you outside of its pokemon would give the game a much more "realistic" feel.

2.) The return of Pokemon Contests. If pokemon were real, I think I'd a trainer AND a coordinator. Having contest battling really gave Pokemon a new dynamic.

3.) Character customization. I know its a small addition but how awesome would it be if we could have some level of choice on how OUR character looks??

4.) Pokemon clothes/items that remain on the Pokemon, outside of "contests." Once again, a very small addition but wouldn't that be cool?? If your Lucario is wearing an Expert Belt, wouldn't it be nice to SEE that belt on him while he's battling?? Likewise, if you dressed your Jigglypuff in a nice sundress for a contest, how cool would it be to SEE her battle in it??
    MASTER Pkmn Team

This probably goes without saying, but GET RID OF THE HM'S!!! If I'm in a cave, let me use a flash light! If I want to travel across water, just let me ride my Pokemon, without having to sacrifice a moveslot!
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I would love to see...

1.) A return to "Partner Pokemon." Allowing your favorite Pokemon to follow you outside of its pokemon would give the game a much more "realistic" feel.

2.) The return of Pokemon Contests. If pokemon were real, I think I'd a trainer AND a coordinator. Having contest battling really gave Pokemon a new dynamic.

3.) Character customization. I know its a small addition but how awesome would it be if we could have some level of choice on how OUR character looks??

4.) Pokemon clothes/items that remain on the Pokemon, outside of "contests." Once again, a very small addition but wouldn't that be cool?? If your Lucario is wearing an Expert Belt, wouldn't it be nice to SEE that belt on him while he's battling?? Likewise, if you dressed your Jigglypuff in a nice sundress for a contest, how cool would it be to SEE her battle in it??
    I like your ideas, I agree with them. But, sadly, from the trailer it seems as if the first one isn't happening. Maybe, but not that likely. Maybe somewhere like Amity Square where you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Just wanted to say, I'd posted this idea on the legendary board, and thought I'd post it here for anyone who didn't see it. Any thoughts?
    Id prefer if Legendary Pokemon were not part of the main storyline....

I hate being forced to catch a Legendary Pokemon and store them in my box! if I choose to catch it so be it but I dont like being forced to catch them in the middle of a storyline as when I do catch them I like them to be a certain nature and it can take ages to get the one you want to finish off a storyline.

Id rather leave them in the wild to be as their name states a Legend that I only see in passing when im in the Area and catch and raise normal Pokemon

Page 32 of 526 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast