Page 34 of 526 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I'll never understand why they got rid of partner pokemon in the first place with their popularity.

I think the beginning of the game should let you choose if you want to be a trainer, poke athlete or coordinator, or all three, and the story can advance accordingly (though IDK how that would work but it would add some diversity to pokemon, I personally love battles but others may prefer contests and poke' athlon

character customization, Sure but I do really like GF's character designs (except Lucas' hat)

Sure it would be nice to see these hold items like a choiceband on scizor's arm would look awesome.
    I don't think that would work because Pokemon is about the battling, even if you don't count gym battles. You can't level up with out battling. (mostly) You can't defeat the evil team without leveling up. You can evolve without leveling up. (mostly) You can't even get from one town to another with out battling. They may make games with optional side quests, but they'll never give you the option to avoid battling entirely. That IS Pokemon. That's why there are types and attacks and natures and ability and stats and everything. Pokemon is "battling, plus some other stuff." A core game with NEVER be anything else. Ever. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Well now that's a first. I thought everyone hated Lucas' design?
    Not me lol. In my opinion, Lucas (in Platinum) is the only character who dresses well and most like me. Even in DP, I liked him because of his hat and scarf.
    Mind you, I only hate the others DESIGN wise; Red will always be tied as my first favorite, with Lucas.
    ...But Lucas dresses better.
    ...And looks better.
    ...In Platinum.

...And all the others are lame to me except Brandon. Barely. ESPECIALLY Hilbert and Nate. Red clone done worse and WHAT IS NATE? People like NATE better than Lucas?! Yeesh.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 14th January 2013 at 6:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

I don't think that would work because Pokemon is about the battling, even if you don't count gym battles. You can't level up with out battling. (mostly) You can't defeat the evil team without leveling up. You can evolve without leveling up. (mostly) You can't even get from one town to another with out battling. They may make games with optional side quests, but they'll never give you the option to avoid battling entirely. That IS Pokemon. That's why there are types and attacks and natures and ability and stats and everything. Pokemon is "battling, plus some other stuff." A core game with NEVER be anything else. Ever. Ever.
    Well I did say I don't know how GF would do it but I never said take out battling you would still have to battle trainers and the evil team, I prefer gyms anyway overall, but In the case of others who say "the gym system Is tired and overused" (I've seen this argument on a few forums) there is an option if you don't want traditional pokemon lol NEVER said avoid battling that would be terrible.

Really lucas' hat not ethan/gold's design? Hmm everyone really does have their own personal aesthetic.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Well I did say I don't know how GF would do it but I never said take out battling you would still have to battle trainers and the evil team, I prefer gyms anyway overall, but In the case of others who say "the gym system Is tired and overused" (I've seen this argument on a few forums) there is an option if you don't want traditional pokemon lol NEVER said avoid battling that would be terrible.

Really lucas' hat not ethan/gold's design? Hmm everyone really does have their own personal aesthetic.
    OH! So like keeping in all battles but replacing Gyms goals with Contest or Pokeathlon ones? I guess that could work for people who wanted it... Lol.

I dunno. There's nothing cool to me about playing a little kid wearing a backwards cap, a zip up hoodie, and shorts. Maybe it's because Lucas dresses the most mature (in Platinum) to me. I nice deep red sweater with black pants, Dark blue sneakers with a matching coat, and a red drivers cap. I mean, I'll admit that the hat being red isn't very mature, but it's Pokemon, and it works on him lol.
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

Hoenn will rise again!!

I really don't get people saying this.

Guys, honestly, if you're getting tired of challenging Gyms and getting Badges, then you're getting tired of Pokémon. Simple as that.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

Guys, honestly, if you're getting tired of challenging Gyms and getting Badges, then you're getting tired of Pokémon. Simple as that.
    I can agree with that. Its not how I feel personally, I just thought we should give people what they want so they can stop b****ing about how repetitive the games are. I like how the games are now I just thought different options could be made for different people.

But never-mind that, it was a bad Idea. So any speculations on how the new pokemon will be built? Like will this be another power-creep gen, or the return of stall? I wonder If weather will continue to dominate this generation.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I can agree with that. Its not how I feel personally, I just thought we should give people what they want so they can stop b****ing about how repetitive the games are. I like how the games are now I just thought different options could be made for different people.

But never-mind that, it was a bad Idea. So any speculations on how the new pokemon will be built? Like will this be another power-creep gen, or the return of stall? I wonder If weather will continue to dominate this generation.
    The games are only repetitive in that you have to get badges and defeat the elite 4. That's kind of the whole point to pokemon, so those eople saying those things just need to find a new game in that case.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

What would be cool is if they designed base stats for Contests, like they did for contests and like they do for battling. That way contests would be more complicated and not just a minigame. (which is all they are at this point) Make it so that baby pokemon have a higher base cute state that makes using cute attacks even... cuter, while tougher looking pokemon like Gyarados have a higher base toughness stat to make make tougher attacks tougher. Maybe have a different beginning mini game for each category. It makes no sense that Pokemon have to dress up in umbrellas and dance for a contest that is supposed to make you look tough. Maybe dressing up for Beauty, Dancing for Cuteness, Target practice for toughness?

I mean I love contests, but I'd never REPLACE gyms in my journey for them.
    Then again, if I where a trainer in the Pokemon world, I probably wouldn't care about battling gyms and becoming champion at all. I compare it to people taking Karate. You learn karate and you love karate and you want to be the best you can be. Maybe you're really good. You're even a black belt. You spar constantly with your buddies or in your gym and always win. But it's just a hobby. Something cool to do on the side, but you're aren't looking to become the Karate Champ of the US anytime soon, now are you? Even if you know you could.

Yeah I'd battle and yeah my pokemon would be crazy strong, but I'd be much more interested in being a PokeStar in movies, being a musician, or uncovering all the mythos of the pokemon world. Maybe even save it once or twice. I don't NEED gyms. I need BATTLING. But I would need things like contests and the pokeathlon equally.

I feel like the post game is how the pokemon world is really like. I can go where ever I please without needing to battle. If I go in the forest, just use repel and enjoy nature. Maybe I have a job in acting? Maybe in the Pokeathlon. Maybe I like breeding pokemon for others. But what I DON'T have to do is battle. Not anymore at least, and honestly after I've beat the game, I only do with my friends, on top of contests and musicals.

But never-mind that, it was a bad Idea.
    Lol, don't get me wrong! I don't think that that is a bad idea. Just one that won't happen. Options are GREAT in video games, because everyone wins. Even though Pokemon IS about the battling, I don't think it should be. It's about the Pokemon. It you want you use your pokemon to battle, more power to you. But there are people who just want pokemon as pets. They just like having pokemon and watching them interact. In my opinion that's boring alone, but hey! "Pokemon snap" and "hey you pikachu" have their audience. They could make pokemon interations like nintendogs. Then it would be just what they want.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 14th January 2013 at 7:42 AM.

Hoenn will rise again!!

I wish partner pokemon and pokeathlon came back.

I'm highly expecting character customization being added and contests to return since this game is being based in Europe.And they're both related to fashion.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post

I'm highly expecting character customization being added and contests to return since this game is being based in Europe.And they're both related to fashion.
    I can only imagine partner pokemon would look so awesome trotting/following/scampering right behind us.
    I would simply love to see my Jigglypuff following me!

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

I wish they would ALL come back. I never understood Gamefreaks obsession with dropping one good feature for another. Just let me do it all in one game, freaks!!!

I want Super Contests, back. And the Pokeathlon. And Musicals. And PokeStar/Movie making. And secret bases. And the Underground. And the Battle Frontier. And the Battle Subway. And the REAL subway. (seriously, why can't I avoid battles and just ride the subway? It EVEN HAS A MAP TO EACH OF THE TOWNS) And the world tournament. And rebattlable gyms... IN their actual gyms. And calls. (With the option to DELETE numbers -_-) And the Villa. And partner pokemon. And the JOHTO POKEBALLS. And making poffins/pokeblocks/berry juice/shakes. And the VS seaker/Pokeradar. And the bicycle. (so help me god) And the Game Corner. (Rename it the Pokemon Arcade if you have to!) And special events triggered by KEY ITEMS. (WHY did you tease me with the Azure Flute, Game Freaks?) And special events triggered by pokemon. (Why can't I have both?) And rock climbing. (No HM.... I can climb my damn self...) And EVERYTHING ELSE they take away from us when a new game comes out.

Hoenn will rise again!!

I'd love to see Garchomp following me while I'm on roller blades. :O
    But since its in 3D and all,I dont think legendaries would be able to fit.Imagine your partner being Groudon.Would he smash buildings or trample people in the way?>_>
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

I'd love to see Garchomp following me while I'm on roller blades. :O
    But since its in 3D and all,I dont think legendaries would be able to fit.Imagine your partner being Groudon.Would he smash buildings or trample people in the way?>_>
    I would love to have my Feraliagatr or my Arcanine follow me around town! I don't know, that sounds pretty awesome to have Groudon follow you, probably much to the town's dismay. But yeah, I was really disappointed to see that BW didn't have partner pokemon. There were some theories of people thinking that letting out your pokemon would make them easier to steal from Team Plasma. Yet, wouldn't it be harder for them because the pokemon is out and can attack? If we don't turn out to have customizable characters, I really hope that the male trainer isn't the final version.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I would love to have my Feraliagatr or my Arcanine follow me around town! I don't know, that sounds pretty awesome to have Groudon follow you, probably much to the town's dismay. But yeah, I was really disappointed to see that BW didn't have partner pokemon. There were some theories of people thinking that letting out your pokemon would make them easier to steal from Team Plasma. Yet, wouldn't it be harder for them because the pokemon is out and can attack? If we don't turn out to have customizable characters, I really hope that the male trainer isn't the final version.
    I think anybody would like to see their most favorite pokemon follow them on there journey, sadly i think gamefreak left this behind back in heartgold soul silver.
    Though i dont think its gone for good. I think theyll bring it back once they get more experienced with 3-D

I really like if the pokemon encounters are based on day and night rather than seasons so I wouldnt screw stuff like DW and join awenue kinda stuff by changing date/time

I know it's not a major deal but I missed when you would enter a new area, a graphic of that area will display like in FR/LG and HG/SS. I thought that was a nice, subtle touch. I would like to see that reintroduced this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I know it's not a major deal but I missed when you would enter a new area, a graphic of that area will display like in FR/LG and HG/SS. I thought that was a nice, subtle touch. I would like to see that reintroduced this gen.
    GF always seem to put these cool features in remakes only. I don't know why ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    GF always seem to put these cool features in remakes only. I don't know why ?
    Anything extra to ensure we buy the remake, even though most of us would buy it regardless.

dont know if it has been said before but;

i kind of want the return of safari zone. dont know why unova didnt include 1 for the life of me. other than that hopefully we will be free of the HMs for good this time. I know the reason behind them but they just kill the joy of me.

Other gameplay changes i want is rather than learning 4, pokemon to learn 6 moves at the same time. i believe this will bring a better balance and will make battling much more fun. 4 move is good and all and strategy-tactic wise but it seems redundant now that we are 3D and with a better hardware. thou am not expecting much from this.

also probably the 1 least likely to happen, i want my regional computer to be transportable. and dont need to use poke-center to store and take pokemon there. they can just make it an app like they had in poketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    also probably the 1 least likely to happen, i want my regional computer to be transportable. and dont need to use poke-center to store and take pokemon there. they can just make it an app like they had in poketch.
    We could have our very own Ipad for Pokemon ! Nahhh I would like an Android better

How does French music sound like?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    Other gameplay changes i want is rather than learning 4, pokemon to learn 6 moves at the same time. i believe this will bring a better balance and will make battling much more fun. 4 move is good and all and strategy-tactic wise but it seems redundant now that we are 3D and with a better hardware. thou am not expecting much from this.

Expanding the moveslots of Pokemon is probably something we'll see in the future given that they're introducing many new moves each generation - just perhaps not in Generation VI. However, while some Pokemon have a 5-slot syndrome whereas others have a barren movepool, perhaps they should try to balance out and buff up the latter - not only will they be used more frequently, but there will also be more room for strategy (more movesets and so on).

Portable PC would simply take the fun out of rotating Pokemon and taking care of your party. It's like having 720+6 Pokemon at your disposal when you're out in the world (except in battles) without caring whether your team is healthy enough / you have enough Potions to complete the current area. Opinions, though. But definitely, I'd like to see a return of the Poketch, with increased relevance to everything you do in-game.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How does French music sound like?
    I'm imagining something similar to the Nacrene City theme (esp if you stand near the cafe with the accordian dude) mixed with Floccesy Ranch.

In all seriousness, though, I don't imagine there's going to be much 'french' music. Unova was based on New York and there wasn't really much 'american' music. What defines french or american music, anyways? :/

I'm hoping they revamp the C Gear to be slightly more like the poketch. I miss the notepad, daycare checker etc.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

What I want from these games are, in-battle evolutions. I'm kind of sick to see the evoloutions happening at the end of the battles.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    What I want from these games are, in-battle evolutions. I'm kind of sick to see the evoloutions happening at the end of the battles.
    That would be really cool! And make alot of sense if you look at the anime...
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    I've always wanted this mechanic to be implemented way back in Gen 3.
    It's quite silly if you think about it. But since Pokemon can hold and cancel their evolutions, the current mechanic is understandable.

But having an in-battle evolution would be more natural and can give players advantages in battles.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 34 of 526 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast