Page 35 of 526 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I've always wanted this mechanic to be implemented way back in Gen 3.
    It's quite silly if you think about it. But since Pokemon can hold and cancel their evolutions, the current mechanic is understandable.

But having an in-battle evolution would be more natural and can give players advantages in battles.
    I think this would be awesome!!!

Example: Your Grass type Grotle is down to 1 HP after hanging in the battle as long as it can it looks like your about to loose and then your Pokemon evolves into the dual Grass/Ground type Pokemon Torterra in an Electric Gym and learns Earthquake! Pokemon isnt just skill its also about luck and an in battle evolution could give you the advantage when you would otherwise loose!

im all for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I've always wanted this mechanic to be implemented way back in Gen 3.
    It's quite silly if you think about it. But since Pokemon can hold and cancel their evolutions, the current mechanic is understandable.

But having an in-battle evolution would be more natural and can give players advantages in battles.
    But, what would happen if you opponent's Pokemon reaches a level in which it can evolve, would it evolve in battle too ?
    That I imagine would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    But, what would happen if you opponent's Pokemon reaches a level in which it can evolve, would it evolve in battle too ?
    In game opponents Pokemon dont level... thank god lol could you imagine the chaos that would cause? alot of people would never make it past the first rival battle in some games haha

In-game Trainers' Pokemon don't get EXP.
    Also, they are meant to be defeated.

Edit: Ninja'd.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

GF always seem to put these cool features in remakes only. I don't know why ?
    I just want the Pokemon following you to return from HGSS. Especially now with these new graphics.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Seeing a Detalied, giant Rayquaza flying right behind you everywhere would be kinda epic... But I doubt that feature will return now, sadly.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Ohoho, epic indeed. But on the topic of 3DS graphics, the 3D battles bring a lot of potential.
    What would be epic is seeing a giant detailed Rayquaza following you as you skate around, but what would also be epic is battling with this big detailed Rayquaza in a full 3D Stadium with thousands of spectators; by this I mean detailed battle environments much like in Battle Revolution. Something I'd very much like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Ohoho, epic indeed. But on the topic of 3DS graphics, the 3D battles bring a lot of potential.
    What would be epic is seeing a giant detailed Rayquaza following you as you skate around, but what would also be epic is battling with this big detailed Rayquaza in a full 3D Stadium with thousands of spectators; by this I mean detailed battle environments much like in Battle Revolution. Something I'd very much like to see.
    it would be awsome to challenge the elite four infront of a crowd in a stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    dont know if it has been said before but;

i kind of want the return of safari zone. dont know why unova didnt include 1 for the life of me. other than that hopefully we will be free of the HMs for good this time. I know the reason behind them but they just kill the joy of me.

Other gameplay changes i want is rather than learning 4, pokemon to learn 6 moves at the same time. i believe this will bring a better balance and will make battling much more fun. 4 move is good and all and strategy-tactic wise but it seems redundant now that we are 3D and with a better hardware. thou am not expecting much from this.

also probably the 1 least likely to happen, i want my regional computer to be transportable. and dont need to use poke-center to store and take pokemon there. they can just make it an app like they had in poketch.
    Yeah, I really miss the Safari Zone. In general I'm against them re-using the same old features again and again, but for me Safari Zone is one of those classic parts of Pokemon that should never have been left out in the first place.

Really don't think a movepool any bigger than 4 would be a great idea though. In game battles do tend to be a little easy anyways and with a wider set of moves to choose from its only going to be easier to dig yourself out of a tricky spot. There's also the much bigger issue of how it would effect the meta game. Personally, I believe the 6 Pokemon with 4 moves each makes for a nice balanced game. You can build a team that covers most of its own weakness, but its pretty much impossible to prepare for every eventuality. With 6 moves, you can have a lot more cover against your Pokemon's common, and possibly less common, counters. Granted, your opponent will have more options to hurt you with, but there's very few Pokemon with so many heavy hitting moves that you can't fit a effective sweeper set into the current 4 move slots. Will just give you much more scope to recover from mistakes due to the enlarged amount of options in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    I just want the Pokemon following you to return from HGSS. Especially now with these new graphics.
    Don't think that would really work with the over the shoulder camera angle, (or whatever its called). Shame they got rid of it in B/W, since I can't really see it making a return now they've gone full 3D
    Last edited by Flamer; 14th January 2013 at 5:22 PM.
    SOUL SILVER

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    What I want from these games are, in-battle evolutions. I'm kind of sick to see the evoloutions happening at the end of the battles.
    I want this too, but how would they Implement this, It seems like because of the separate evolution animation it would be impossible, yet It would be Incredible
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Seems pretty possible to me, doesn't seem much different to a Pokémon that changes form in the middle of a battle such as Castform, or Meloetta.
    ..besides the longer transformation sequence and different animation which is entirely possible to cancel plus the fact that it'll be permanent unlike most simple form changes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    What I want from these games are, in-battle evolutions. I'm kind of sick to see the evoloutions happening at the end of the battles.
    I was thinking about as well, I don't mind the evolutions happening after the battle, but I think I'd get more intense if my Pokemon evolved during a battle.

Something else I would want is some kind of option to have you use the same number of Pokemon as your opponent, basically like how things are like in Battle Facilities and the like. I did my run of White 2 like that, but without the option it made things a bit more difficult as I would restart the game whenever I lost to pretty much anything that wasn't the Gym Leader.

I don't know if they can actually do that or not. But if they can create an option where whenever you start a battle you select "X" number of Pokemon, which would equal the same amount as your opponent. If the Pokemon you selected all faint then you'll still get sent to the Pokemon Center after, even if you still have other Pokemon. And if you have less Pokemon then your opponent then it can just bypass the whole progress and go straight into the battle. I think that wouldn't lead to any problems and would be a nice easy way to have more even battles.

But if not, I'll just go back and do what I did in White 2, more work to deal with it but pretty much the same results.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

did we discuss the Dream World/C-Gear-esq type device will be added or returning?
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEDGE View Post
    did we discuss the Dream World/C-Gear-esq type device will be added or returning?
    As long as im not forced to take calls from looser trainers ill never battle again id like a more updated version.

Id actually prefer a new updated system of email so you can check your mail on various pokemon center PC's from Gym Leaders, Strong trainers and your Rival(s) asking for rematches in different locations around the new region.

I would also like them to bring back the mother saving money again or start a new feature of Poke'banks where you can store Items and Money

^ You got Free Space in BW2 for storing items and a bank seems unnessary. An email system sounds like a good, modern addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Id actually prefer a new updated system of email so you can check your mail on various pokemon center PC's from Gym Leaders, Strong trainers and your Rival(s) asking for rematches in different locations around the new region.
    Hm, maybe they could do something like the PDA from Colosseum/XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Anyone think there will be a new type?

Quote Originally Posted by Unwashedfox View Post
    Anyone think there will be a new type?
    Ever since the end of Gen IV I've dreamed for a Space-Type weirdly. But I don't think they will since there hasn't been any new types introduced since Gen II.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Here is my thought. Nintendo 3DS cards can store between 1-8 Gigabytes of memory. The previous limit was 256-528 Megabytes. That means more space to work with. So I imagine the region will be far bigger, maps will be more expansive, and there may be some interesting live co-op with a friend.
    Shinies found in the wild:
    -Gold Version - Leaf Green Version
    Shiny Breeding In Progress:
    700+ Eggs (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Manly Donut View Post
    Here is my thought. Nintendo 3DS cards can store between 1-8 Gigabytes of memory. The previous limit was 256-528 Megabytes. That means more space to work with. So I imagine the region will be far bigger, maps will be more expansive, and there may be some interesting live co-op with a friend.
    I reckon that the region will be much bigger too, but where do you think it's going to be located? I mean, there was that massive empty land west and north to Unova...?
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Ever since the end of Gen IV I've dreamed for a Space-Type weirdly. But I don't think they will since there hasn't been any new types introduced since Gen II.
    I've been hoping for something like Light, Holy, Sun. Something that will not only be super effective against dark but also weak against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manly Donut View Post
    And there's that option that Nintendo allows developers to use that extra saved 10% power that is normally used for home menu functionality, so there is a lot of potential both graphically and gameplay/storage wise
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by Unwashedfox View Post
    I've been hoping for something like Light, Holy, Sun. Something that will not only be super effective against dark but also weak against it.
    I'd love for something like a Light-Type, which is strong and weak against Dark-Types as you said.

How does everyone feel about the following:

-Three-Typed Pokemon. This could be really cool I think!

-Dual typed attacks. Many attacks could be dual-typed. Fire Punch is an example.

-Upgraded breeding. Going with the assumed theme having something to do with DNA or chromosomes. We saw the addition of the DNA Splicer, could there be fusion pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    I'd love for something like a Light-Type, which is strong and weak against Dark-Types as you said.
    NO MORE TYPES PEOPLE!!! its not even need! people keep saying that it could be a new type that is both weak to dark and strong against it.
    Personally its really not needed. There enough strong fighting type moves such as Close Combat, and Hammer arm that receive a lot of distribution, so it would be redundant to add a yet another type that is effective against the dark type. On top of that if they were to add another type: like light type, that means they would have to add a whole slew of moves and pokemon that either have the ability to use these moves, or are of the light type. And even if dark types were effective against the light type. What if there was a Steel type or Fighting pokemon with a light type move. The dark type would be rendered weak, and quite frankly - as much as i hate the dark type - i wouldnt want to see that happen. The pokemon metagame has a great formula, and game mechanics that works!
    No new types PLEASE GAMEFREAK NO NEW TYPES! if they add the light type as a new type it better be as a sub type for moves. Sort how Perish song and Heal bell are sound based moves.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 35 of 526 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast