Page 36 of 526 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

If there IS a new type (which there shouldn't be), all I ask is that it is weak to Poison, super effective against Electric, and/or not very effective against Ice.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by 3FoldZ View Post
    How does everyone feel about the following:

-Three-Typed Pokemon. This could be really cool I think!

-Dual typed attacks. Many attacks could be dual-typed. Fire Punch is an example.

-Upgraded breeding. Going with the assumed theme having something to do with DNA or chromosomes. We saw the addition of the DNA Splicer, could there be fusion pokemon?
    The first two sound too overpowering and the third one sounds like it may not ever happen. But, it's Pokemon. So yea. We got Kyurem formes.

GUys i was thinking X and Y based on Dna stuff so we heard if thats true someone [most likely the evil team] will play GOD with a pokemon make a type?
    Just a theory

-Dual typed attacks. Many attacks could be dual-typed. Fire Punch is an example.

-Upgraded breeding. Going with the assumed theme having something to do with DNA or chromosomes. We saw the addition of the DNA Splicer, could there be fusion pokemon?
    The first two sound good in theory, but would actually be really annoying if put in place. It would be subject to too much manipulation.

And you'd have to be more specific about what fusion is. I wouldn't really care if we did one or two more fusions, but allowing every Pokemon to fuze could come out with literally thousands, possible a million different mixtures which at this time is impossible to hold in a game card.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Forgive me me of im double posting im new
    GUys i was thinking X and Y based on Dna stuff so we heard if thats true someone [most likely the evil team] will play GOD with a pokemon make a type?
    Just a theory

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman2067 View Post
    Forgive me me of im double posting im new
    Just a theory
    God Stone.
    Kyurem.
    DNA Splicers.
    DNA Theme.
    equals.... ORIGINAL DRAGON IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

That would absolutely break the game.

The DNA splicer is only for Kyurem. It was formed as a bi-product of it splitting.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Or maybe Xerneas and Yveltal fuse to make the Z pokemon!

......nah.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That would absolutely break the game.

The DNA splicer is only for Kyurem. It was formed as a bi-product of it splitting.
    See thank you! I'm glad that there are people with a brain on this site.!
    I mean really a third type? I really don't understand where people are coming up with stuff.
    I'm not even sure there's a pokemon out there that can even take a 6x super effective hit.
    Third type....pft...

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I mean really a third type? I really don't understand where people are coming up with stuff.
    I'm not even sure there's a pokemon out there that can even take a 6x super effective hit.
    Third type....pft...
    There is no Pokemon that can take a 6x weakness. xD So yea, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Third type....pft...
    I came up with it out of creativity. A 3-typed Pokemon could be an offensive powerhouse. It also would add a lot of variety.
    Power | Wisdom | Courage

Black Team |

I came up with it out of creativity. A 3-typed Pokemon could be an offensive powerhouse. It also would add a lot of variety.
    A third type is preposterous, but if on the off chance that game freak DOES do a third type, I doubt they'll make Pokemon with a type combination that gives it a 6x weakness.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Or, it could be extremely frail.
    Let's just say there is a fire/water/grass Pokemon.
    Here is a list of its weaknesses:
    Bug
    Flying
    Electric
    Poison

Which doesn't seem like much, but you also have to keep in mind that almost every other move would be neutral. Which means that it wouldn't have very many resistances. The whole Pokemon would be a programming nightmare.
    Last edited by Plus side down side; 14th January 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

My speculation is that the evil team will try to duplicate the legendary Pokémon Yveltal(X) or Xerneas(Y) to create an army to take over the world.The only way to save them is to Catch the Mascot to break the original one free and destroy the duplicates(as they are related closely in DNA despite looking so different)

But there are lots of cool possibilities. The way you're looking at is a POSSIBLE mess-up, but they wouldn't make a pokemon like that. Take a flying/water/ground type, that's really interesting! It's like a Pokemon of Land, Air and Sea. AND it's immune to ground and electricity.
    Power | Wisdom | Courage

Black Team |

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Or, it could be extremely frail.
    Let's just say there is a fire/water/grass Pokemon.
    Here is a list of its weaknesses:
    Bug
    Flying
    Electric
    Poison

Which doesn't seem like much, but you also have to keep in mind that almost every other move would be neutral. Which means that it wouldn't have very many resistances. The whole Pokemon would be a programming nightmare.
    The idea is flawed and quite frankly a horrible idea.If gamefreak would introduce a third a typing. The game would be broken, and would call for reprogramming every pokemon entirely as we know it. The only way they would do this is if it was Rare for pokemon to have three types.
    At this point I think I'd except a newly added Light type over this ridiculous idea. & that's saying something, I mean look at my sig.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 14th January 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

And break the game.

But there are lots of cool possibilities. The way you're looking at is a POSSIBLE mess-up, but they wouldn't make a pokemon like that. Take a flying/water/ground type, that's really interesting! It's like a Pokemon of Land, Air and Sea. AND it's immune to ground and electricity.
    The game mechanics are not designed to handle three-typed Pokemon. At all. There's no reason to argue it, it's just not going to happen. Not now, anyway. Maybe if Pokemon ever gets to the point where its absolutely failing and needs a huge turnaround to be successful.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't understand why people are asking for such big changes to the mechanics in the first place because honestly, the mechanics have only just recently started working.
    Gen 1: Horribly broken. Everything was calculated by speed, Ghost and Dragon had no way of getting STAB, and Psychic was untouchable. SPECIAL Stat was the only stat that really mattered.
    Gen 2: Psychic gets balanced out.
    Gen 3: Mechanics changed completely. New IV system in place, and stats are more evened out. Even the EV system is tweaked.
    Gen 4: Special and attack get split, so it allows variety in ways unimaginable.

See, Gen 4 was pretty recent. We haven't even gotten to fully revel in all the possibilities of the current game. Adding a new type or a third type or combining Pokemon could yes, add some variety, but it would also require Gamefreak to rework a metagame that took so long to build. Maybe in a couple of generations we can be ready for a game-changer, but right now, I feel we should use the extent of what we currently have instead of altering everything all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    And break the game.

The game mechanics are not designed to handle three-typed Pokemon. At all. There's no reason to argue it, it's just not going to happen. Not now, anyway. Maybe if Pokemon ever gets to the point where its absolutely failing and needs a huge turnaround to be successful.
    Precisely the point I was trying to make. People need to throw this idea out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    A third type is preposterous, but if on the off chance that game freak DOES do a third type, I doubt they'll make Pokemon with a type combination that gives it a 6x weakness.
    I always thought the weaknesses multiplied, so it might even be an 8x weakness. While this is one of the reasons I think triple types wouldn't work, the other and more basic reason is it would just make all damage calculations more tedious for players doing them. Gamefreak seems to be trying to make the game more accessible and double types/abilities that negate certain types can present enough of a challenge to beginning players.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

Quote Originally Posted by mewfanforlife View Post
    I always thought the weaknesses multiplied, so it might even be an 8x weakness. While this is one of the reasons I think triple types wouldn't work, the other and more basic reason is it would just make all damage calculations more tedious for players doing them. Gamefreak seems to be trying to make the game more accessible and double types/abilities that negate certain types can present enough of a challenge to beginning players.
    They don't multiply, you deal double damage to a type weak to your attack. So if there was a three-typed Pokemon with all three of its types weak to your attack you would only deal 6x damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mewfanforlife View Post
    Well that comes down to the debate of who they should focus more on pleasing: returning players, or new players.

I personally agree, they should make the game easy enough for new players, however as an older player I want them to also cater to what I appreciate more which is game-depth. I mean damn, Pokemon taught me how to read.
    Power | Wisdom | Courage

Black Team |

Well that comes down to the debate of who they should focus more on pleasing: returning players, or new players.

I personally agree, they should make the game easy enough for new players, however as an older player I want them to also cater to what I appreciate more which is game-depth. I mean damn, Pokemon taught me how to read.
    Old players don't matter. We make up a very small fraction of the market. Besides which, introducing what you suggest would require them to literally start from scratch.

Like hard mode being available from the beginning. why the hell did they make it available only after beating the main story!? dont they realize you only get one save file!?
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

U don't understand what your trying to argue. As its been previously stated, returning players make up a small fraction of the market, and secondly out of everyone on THIS FORUM, your by far the only person I see wishing for a third typing.Which again would cause a re-write for the game.
    On top of that. Your example of the Flying/Water/Groung pokemon is irrelevant. What's the point of having a third typing? Two have a third form of stab???? That is redundant considering most powerful powerhouses have two forms of attack stab on a moveset, where "returning" players would be smart enough to have good type coverage - hence Bolt-Beam strategies.

Page 36 of 526 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast