Page 37 of 526 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Like hard mode being available from the beginning. why the hell did they make it available only after beating the main story!? dont they realize you only get one save file!?
    Yeah that was the weirdest decision ever, really pissed me off. Hope the new games have a hard mode that is accessible from the start.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    Yeah that was the weirdest decision ever, really pissed me off. Hope the new games have a hard mode that is accessible from the start.
    It wasn't that weird. It was to encourage you to play through the game as well as to link up with friends, or buy both versions.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Only makes sense. I mean I have White 2, so I want to ask gamefreak why they would give me an EASY mode? Nd at that AFTER the game??? I get that they wanted us to communicate and trade keys, but c'mon? As if we don't communicate enough trading pokemon. Please Gamefreak, add dificulty at the beginning of the game!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It wasn't that weird. It was to encourage you to play through the game as well as to link up with friends, or buy both versions.
    still very strange implementation because it meant you had to reset your game if I remember correctly
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

still very strange implementation because it meant you had to reset your game if I remember correctly
    Nah, there was no restarting. Right after you get the key, it unlocks the mode and you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well i played it with my bro who had the other version. When i got the key i didn't feel like restarting the game... maybe some of you do but I rather tried to fill up my pokedex, no way in hell I'm restarting now that I'm on my way to completion. Whatever the reason for it i disliked it.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Well i played it with my bro who had the other version. When i got the key i didn't feel like restarting the game... maybe some of you do but I rather tried to fill up my pokedex, no way in hell I'm restarting now that I'm on my way to completion. Whatever the reason for it i disliked it.
    Which is why I think it would be in the best interest for everyboy, if they were to add that feauture at the beginning of the games.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Has anyone else questioned Game Freak's apparent decision to exclude trainers from the battle scenes? Given that everything is in 3D now, I find it a little strange that that aesthetic detail wasn't included. We will probably see trainers when they send out Pokémon and throw Poké Balls, but it seems by the trailer that they disappear during the heat of the battle. Maybe this is so trainers won't appear to be getting hit by moves like Hyper Beam (although this was never a problem in Stadium/Colosseum/XD/PBR), or maybe Game Freak just wants to maintain the focus on the Pokémon. I really don't know, but it's not like including the trainer in the battle scenes would require the creation of extra resources, considering all trainer models already exist in the overworld...

I hadn't really thought of that. I'm guessing that the Trainer does disappear during the battle. Or maybe they just cut the Trainers out during the trailer. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Has anyone else questioned Game Freak's apparent decision to exclude trainers from the battle scenes? Given that everything is in 3D now, I find it a little strange that that aesthetic detail wasn't included. We will probably see trainers when they send out Pokémon and throw Poké Balls, but it seems by the trailer that they disappear during the heat of the battle. Maybe this is so trainers won't appear to be getting hit by moves like Hyper Beam (although this was never a problem in Stadium/Colosseum/XD/PBR), or maybe Game Freak just wants to maintain the focus on the Pokémon. I really don't know, but it's not like including the trainer in the battle scenes would require the creation of extra resources, considering all trainer models already exist in the overworld...
    I actually think the same, but we can't even tell if the battles shown in the trailer are actually Trainer battles.

Assuming these are trainer battles, I think they are just standing faraway at the edge of the battlefield.
    Pretty sure the camera will zoom into them before and after the battle, and in-battle conversations during important character fights.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I actually think the same, but we can't even tell if the battles shown in the trailer are actually Trainer battles.

Assuming these are trainer battles, I think they are just standing faraway at the edge of the battlefield.
    Pretty sure the camera will zoom into them before and after the battle, and in-battle conversations during important character fights.
    Are you trying to tell me that that screen shot is of a wild Fenniken!? :O

I'm kidding, I know what you are saying. Hopefully trainers won't feel too left out in future battle footage shown. I'm curious to see how they're integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I hadn't really thought of that. I'm guessing that the Trainer does disappear during the battle. Or maybe they just cut the Trainers out during the trailer. :/
    Well I at least hope they show up to throw the pokeball lol XD but leaving after that is what they have always done, so if they are not there during battle it would make since.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    Well I at least hope they show up to throw the pokeball lol XD but leaving after that is what they have always done, so if they are not there during battle it would make since.
    If you think about it, if they keep showing us the trainers throwing Pokeballs every time we release or switch to a different Pokemon, that would make the battles longer.
    Many people get annoyed with long battles...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If you think about it, if they keep showing us the trainers throwing Pokeballs every time we release or switch to a different Pokemon, that would make the battles longer.
    Many people get annoyed with long battles...
    Judging by the trailer, battles will be pretty fast-paced despite the transition to 3D. I don't see it as impossible that the trainer could be shown briefly with a quick animation so as to not annoy the players.

Judging by the trailer, battles will be pretty fast-paced despite the transition to 3D. I don't see it as impossible that the trainer could be shown briefly with a quick animation so as to not annoy the players.
    Hmmm, I guess you're right.

Well that's really reassuring. That minor detail (time) could have easily ruined gameplay for me.

Yes, the main thing that turns me away from a turn-based RPG is if it has slow-paced battles.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Yeah, and I wouldn't put it past them to show us a quick shot of an important antagonist every now and then when you battle them.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Like hard mode being available from the beginning. why the hell did they make it available only after beating the main story!? dont they realize you only get one save file!?
    Wait, are you saying that there's a hard mode in BW2?
    I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!
    Yes but BW2 screwed the Key system for it big time.

If they are gonna introduce it again, make it in the beginning.

I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!
    This.
    I feel.so.stupid.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!
    Yes I haven't beaten Black2 (I like to enjoy the game nowdays instead of beating the main story in a week I even ev trained my In game team) but I am aware that once you beat the game you can give other gen V2 games the hard mode
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Well then, I'm glad to know that in a year or two when I stop using BW2 as storage for all my good Pokemon, I can have a challenge. I'll be sure to get right on that when the time comes.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

It'd be cool if you could send the keys from BW2 to XY too, so you could unlock them in XY by beating the main game, OR transfer them from any BW2XY games.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

The way Easy/Challenge Modes were implemented in BW2 was pure stupidity, from now on they should make them able from the beginning of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 37 of 526 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast