Page 426 of 526 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476 ... LastLast
Results 10,626 to 10,650 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We still haven't heard the Gym Leader Battle Theme, though. I liked the remixed B2W2 one so I hope there's something good in this one.
    Yeah, I'm hoping the Gym Leader theme will redeem this soundtrack, that's usually my favorite piece of music for each game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    I understand that. But it means the ability to do things like that with DLC is there. Add whole areas to a game even small ones.
    Everyone knew that, DLC has been doing this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Only if you can get the same level of post game content as past games before getting the DLC. That's the main worry here, that the DLC won't actually add any new content, instead taking content that we're already used to and locking it behind a paywall. And considering Game Freak has made a habit of this even without the presence of formal DLC (examples: stuff like Battle Frontiers and gym rematches are reserved for third versions to make them more "worth" playing, certain Pokemon and berry planting was only available through the DW), I'd say it's a legitimate concern.
    All those extra things take time to develop in their own right, adding it all into one game would take a lot longer, it's not because they want to make a third version 'worth it'.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned but i would to see the AI for "major" ingame battles to be pretty high this gen. I'm talking about battles such as gym battles, rival battles, e4, etc. and i'm not talking about a kind of "challenge mode" but rather the game's default AI
    They may have different difficulty settings again, but the AI is not going to be any harder than it ever has been. They're not trying to make a challenging game.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    I think it may have been HG/SS. Anyway, music in gameplay is personal. everybody has their own favourites. Call me a genwunner, but I think the new technology available for soundtracks in Gen V didn't help at all. Having said that, there were some memorable pieces, as in every generation.
    It's not that there was anything wrong with the technology, the soundtrack just wasn't as good. As you said, there were some good tracks, but by and large I personally found it average.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I hope the Pokemon Direct reveals something genuinely new.

I'm personally hoping it'll be about some kind of replacement for the Dream World, since I honestly liked that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hope the Pokemon Direct reveals something genuinely new.

I'm personally hoping it'll be about some kind of replacement for the Dream World, since I honestly liked that feature.
    I never used it myself, it was slow and boring. If it doesn't make a return at all I wont be upset.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I never used it myself, it was slow and boring. If it doesn't make a return at all I wont be upset.
    Yes, the Dream World was perhaps the closest thing to attract children than competitive people, unless you wanted to endure one hour sessions to get those exclusive abilities.

BY THE WAY WHO WANTS TO MAKE SOME ICE CREAM TOWER

Yes, the Dream World was perhaps the closest thing to attract children than competitive people, unless you wanted to endure one hour sessions to get those exclusive abilities.

???? You mean in the game. I don't see what might be a Ice Cream tower anywhere?
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

I'm tempted to make an ice cream tower the next time that the college dining halls serve ice cream. Maybe they'll give me a DW Pokemon if it's tall enough.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

All those extra things take time to develop in their own right, adding it all into one game would take a lot longer, it's not because they want to make a third version 'worth it'.
    I can understand for Battle Frontiers, but for gym rematches? All you need to do is make the teams and set a place for them to appear, really, they don't necessitate completely new features or areas that take significant amounts of time to work on.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

???? You mean in the game. I don't see what might be a Ice Cream tower anywhere?
    He's referring to the Dream World minigame.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    He's referring to the Dream World minigame.
    Seriously? you could have made a Ice Cream Tower? What did that have do with Pokemon? Now I am glad I never got into Dream World.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Seriously? you could have made a Ice Cream Tower? What did that have do with Pokemon? Now I am glad I never got into Dream World.
    About as much as any minigame in any Pokemon game that features minigames. You were playing a game with a Pokemon to befriend it; what else were you expecting?

I can understand for Battle Frontiers, but for gym rematches? All you need to do is make the teams and set a place for them to appear, really, they don't necessitate completely new features or areas that take significant amounts of time to work on.
    Not simple stuff like that, no. That's just a nice bonus.

Not simple stuff like that, no. That's just a nice bonus.
    I don't see why something like that should be "a nice bonus", we need all of the training opportunities we can get.

When the news about Super Training came out, Joe put on Twitter that he was actually seeing people complain about it. Some people were apparently saying they were quitting Pokemon cause of it.

Quitting Pokemon cause a new mechanic being introduced was making a very tedious task a hell of a lot simpler? What complete idiots. I KNOW that people here on Serebii aren't stuid enough to complain about that!

...right?

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

In the dream world, there is an ice-cream stacking game
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    When the news about Super Training came out, Joe put on Twitter that he was actually seeing people complain about it. Some people were apparently saying they were quitting Pokemon cause of it.

Quitting Pokemon cause a new mechanic being introduced was making a very tedious task a hell of a lot simpler? What complete idiots. I KNOW that people here on Serebii aren't stuid enough to complain about that!

...right?
    Some people just cant be pleased :/ I guess it's their loss though!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Some people just cant be pleased :/ I guess it's their loss though!
    True. I for one welcome the new mechanics. I cannot wait to try them.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

...right?
    Some just want to make training Pokémon a hell lot harder for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    True. I for one welcome the new mechanics. I cannot wait to try them.
    I never got round to finishing Black 2 but I'm just generally excited for all new aspects of 6th Gen! Mainly exploring new places!

I don't see why something like that should be "a nice bonus", we need all of the training opportunities we can get.
    And that's why it's a nice bonus.

...right?
    There will be some. Some people just like things that take effort, having something that once took some work to do be made simpler cheapens the experience, naturally some people feel like they wasted their time and get angry.

I never got round to finishing Black 2 but I'm just generally excited for all new aspects of 6th Gen! Mainly exploring new places!
    I cannot wait to explore new places as well. I suggest finishing Black 2 soon; I enjoyed it.
    Sig Under Construction

National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I cannot wait to explore new places as well. I suggest finishing Black 2 soon; I enjoyed it.
    I kind of... kind of sold it. DONT JUDGE ME.

I kind of... kind of sold it. DONT JUDGE ME.
    -judges harshly-
    ....JK .
    But really, I would say that it had a decent storyline. I hope that X and Y have good storylines as well :P.
    Sig Under Construction

Shiny Clauncher Magnet

-judges harshly-
    ....JK .
    But really, I would say that it had a decent storyline. I hope that X and Y have good storylines as well :P.
    I think they've already taken a big step in the right direction in terms of upping the series' visuals. It's a nice level of 3D, without making it fully fledged (pannable cameras etc). No doubt the game will be awesome in other areas too.

I think they've already taken a big step in the right direction in terms of upping the series' visuals. It's a nice level of 3D, without making it fully fledged (pannable cameras etc). No doubt the game will be awesome in other areas too.
    Well, with the jump to 3D, it is expected that there will be better visuals. From the videos, the game seems to be good in the visuals department.

Well, I have to go for a while.
    Sig Under Construction

Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Page 426 of 526 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476 ... LastLast