Page 43 of 526 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    Any game that has a PVP mode (or even merely have online features) will nearly always be forced into such a state. There will always be "better" characters and people who abuse hacks. There's simply no way that an Unown could win against a Darkrai, for example. Also, that's why competitive battling has a heavy focus on strategy, strategy which does not merely involve movesets but also every imaginable game mechanic. After all, everyone wants to win.

Granted, GameFreak could do more by balancing out certain Pokemon but since strategies are purely a human construct, there will always be more "preferable" Pokemon to use.

If competitive battling isn't your cup of tea, there's still much more to do in Pokemon. Number-crunching doesn't have to be your number one priority.
    See yesterday I was thinking about this! Mind you 80% of ALL my fully IV bred ad EV trained pokemon are NU tier pokemon.
    How is it that I'm on Random Battle and go up against someone with an Entei, a Suicune, and a Latios - we were down to our last pokemon, my blissey (I know blissey is not NU) and he's down to his suicune - the only reason why I lost was because he spammed double team, and then spammed sheer cold till he landed the hit!

Now a days online Random battle is flawed! As much as some people might disagree, I think it is time for pokemon to add in Tiers, or at least add an option where legendaries can't be used. They really need to fix that. Or maybe have it where every person is ranked by the Wins/Losses and only go up against people in the same Rank. That way your never going up against some who is waaay too skilled, or someone who's not skilled enough. Or maybe have it so that you only end up battling people with the same (or around same) Team base stat total. Something! It just seems now that I only seem to win against people who use strategy alone, compared to people who rely on brute frce and power (I.E. using Latios, Ho-Oh, and Scizor together) only or luck.
    Something seriously needs to change.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I would prefer that ranks ONLY comes after some separation in tiers as suggested.
    I think that the rules that online players set up are the best ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    See yesterday I was thinking about this! Mind you 80% of ALL my fully IV bred ad EV trained pokemon are NU tier pokemon.
    How is it that I'm on Random Battle and go up against someone with an Entei, a Suicune, and a Latios - we were down to our last pokemon, my blissey (I know blissey is not NU) and he's down to his suicune - the only reason why I lost was because he spammed double team, and then spammed sheer cold till he landed the hit!

Now a days online Random battle is flawed! As much as some people might disagree, I think it is time for pokemon to add in Tiers, or at least add an option where legendaries can't be used. They really need to fix that. Or maybe have it where every person is ranked by the Wins/Losses and only go up against people in the same Rank. That way your never going up against some who is waaay too skilled, or someone who's not skilled enough. Or maybe have it so that you only end up battling people with the same (or around same) Team base stat total. Something! It just seems now that I only seem to win against people who use strategy alone, compared to people who rely on brute frce and power (I.E. using Latios, Ho-Oh, and Scizor together) only or luck.
    Something seriously needs to change.
    If you can turn the tier feature on and off, I'd be okay with that. But my teams are so disjointed that I really couldn't go into a tier group and wouldn't be able to battle. My teams usually consist of 5 NUs and an uber, so we should at least get the choice of if we want to be pushed into a tier.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I would really like for the 6th gen to turn 3rd gen on us. It would be really exciting to be forced to catch 'em all again without the aid of transfers. But if there is backwards compatibility I would probably disregard it and try to catch 'em all from scratch!
    No no no! I worked to hard to get pokerus perfect IV ditto's with Ideal natures (all without hacking) and all the pokemon I ev trained since GEN IV began I don't want to lose all of that data!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    I would prefer that ranks ONLY comes after some separation in tiers as suggested.
    I think that the rules that online players set up are the best ones so far.
    I agree smogon did a great job More or less balancing all the usable pokemon, and I do recommend finding a battle group through them, best part is double team is banned.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I personally would hate that just because I want to see teams I've worked hard on in full 3D and all the shinnies I have in battle. I like the whole concept of that but I think you should be able to transfer Pokemon form Gen V if you want or try to catch them all again yourself without the aid of past games and just not use the feature.
    I agree with this. I don't want to have to give up my pokerus,event pokemon, and my dream ev trained shiny pokemon. XP

Personally, I didn't mind the transfer game from GenIV, it felt like I was re-uniting with old friends. I haven't been able to use the GenV transfer system, so I don't know about its minigame. I hope we would be able to either to transfer without a game, or more than 6 pokemon at a time per transfer(with a game). Either way would speed things up quite a bit.

That being said, I wouldn't be against having more national pokemon catch-able ingame, just as so long as the region doesn't feel crowded.

I hope more legendaries (old ones) are catchable in game than previous versions.

I don't think there's any worry of not being able to transfer from the current generation to the next. The only reason is happened with Gen 3 was because of technical limitations and the huge change to the EV and IV systems.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'd rather see a 3rd Gen remake than relying on transferring.

Logically, and I don't even know why I'm saying this, but after X and Y, I think they'll make a 3rd Gen remake. And then the "Z" game for X and Y.

Lately I've been nostalgic for playing Emerald again. I think when I go home I'm gonna dig it out and play it. I used to not like 3rd Gen, but looking back, it was actually one of the better ones they've had.

I'd rank them as so...

Gen 2>Gen 3>Gen 4>Gen 1>Gen 5

I don't know what it was about Gen 5, whether it was the lack of interest due to me being older or what, but I didn't really like Gen 5 that much. Gen 2 was perfect in my eyes. I loved the 16 badges, I loved all the pokemon, I loved everything about it. When Heart Gold was released, I was seriously ecstatic. Those were the best games, hand down.

Gen 3 gave me a couple more of my favorite pokemon, and I thought that the story was the best out of all of them. I really liked the Team Aqua/Magma fighting.

Gen 4 gave me all the evolutions I wanted, Rhydon and Electabuzz and Magmar(even though I thought the designs for Magmar and Electabuzz were lackluster).

Gen 1 was the original. And Fire Red I still pop in when I'm really bored and need to go to the bathroom and don't feel like carrying my DS.

Hopefully Gen 6 returns to the roots of Gen 2 and make it interesting for an older player. Recently the plots have been kinda a turn off for me.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    No no no! I worked to hard to get pokerus perfect IV ditto's with Ideal natures (all without hacking) and all the pokemon I ev trained since GEN IV began I don't want to loss all of that data

Yeah, no....I would not be happy either. I can relate with the ditto bit.
    I would be pretty mad if I lost all my pokemon. I mean EVERY pokemon I have in my arsenal are iv bred to near perfection and Ev trained to my likeing so uh no! I would prefer something like this not happening.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think there's any worry of not being able to transfer from the current generation to the next. The only reason is happened with Gen 3 was because of technical limitations and the huge change to the EV and IV systems.
    Well, you never know, they could make some equally huge change this gen that would prevent backwards compatibility. For instance, (and I'm not saying they will do this, it's just hypothetical) if they decided to make Accuracy and Evasion into full stats, they likely wouldn't allow Pokemon from 5th gen to be transferred because they'd need to generate Accuracy and Evasion IVs for each Pokemon. But more than likely, yeah, there are very few changes of that scale that would need to be made that could prevent backwards compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

You know what would like? I would like the Pokemon to have the ability to hold 2 items.
    For example; having Pikachu holding a Light Ball and an Eviolite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well, you never know, they could make some equally huge change this gen that would prevent backwards compatibility. For instance, (and I'm not saying they will do this, it's just hypothetical) if they decided to make Accuracy and Evasion into full stats, they likely wouldn't allow Pokemon from 5th gen to be transferred because they'd need to generate Accuracy and Evasion IVs for each Pokemon. But more than likely, yeah, there are very few changes of that scale that would need to be made that could prevent backwards compatibility.
    Please don't say scary things like that ;-; I have a perfect speed boost torchic (now Blaziken) from japan I don't know how I will get my hands on another one!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by PikaYellow2 View Post
    You know what would like? I would like the Pokemon to have the ability to hold 2 items.
    I Believe there was a thread made discussing this.
    We concluded that it would break the meta game
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Please don't say scary things like that ;-; I have a perfect speed boost torchic (now Blaziken) from japan I don't know how I will get my hands on another one!
    What? It could happen. Whether or not it's likely to is another matter, though.
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

What? It could happen. Whether or not it's likely to is another matter, though.
    just meant if X and Y aren't backwards compatible with gen V I would unleash my rage worse than Hugh.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Right, anyway, do you think what I just said could happen? Could Accuracy and Evasion be made into full stats like the others?

Quote Originally Posted by PikaYellow2 View Post
    No. That could potentially become gamebreaking.
    Plus, then we'd be like 'aww, I wish I could hold 3 items', then 4, then 5, then 6, etc.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Right, anyway, do you think what I just said could happen? Could Accuracy and Evasion be made into full stats like the others?
    I honestly don't know. It would affect EV training in a big way, Like training in at least 3 stats at all times because 0 in accuracy means you always miss, and EVs in evaision would Increase this! It would make battles much longer since heavy hitting pokemon would be weakened in favor of accuracy. But it just might balance the metagame as said heavy hitters won't be OKOeing everything in sight allowing stall mons to be arguably the most valuable pokemon, and pokemon with no guard ability. It could suck royally or It could be game changing in a very fun way, Anything is possible.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    No. That could potentially become gamebreaking.
    Plus, then we'd be like 'aww, I wish I could hold 3 items', then 4, then 5, then 6, etc.
    That's an understatement. It would make some things in the metagame totally broken, which would make others useless. Imagine a choice scarf / choice specs/band dragonite, or salamence. Just imagine that for me, PikaYellow2.

What I'm saying is that I really don't hope this happens. Ever.

Also, I was extremely displeased with the graphics of the trailer. Yes, yes, 3D is the greatest thing since sliced bread, of course, but the trailer...all the character motions looked so shaky and jagged. The player character covered half the screen. It looked like the Atari Jaguar. Is it possible that the trailer was merely a status update, so to speak, and not what the game will actually look like, but merely an idea to get us on the right track?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    That's an understatement. It would make some things in the metagame totally broken, which would make others useless. Imagine a choice scarf / choice specs/band dragonite, or salamence. Just imagine that for me, PikaYellow2.

What I'm saying is that I really don't hope this happens. Ever.

Also, I was extremely displeased with the graphics of the trailer. Yes, yes, 3D is the greatest thing since sliced bread, of course, but the trailer...all the character motions looked so shaky and jagged. The player character covered half the screen. It looked like the Atari Jaguar. Is it possible that the trailer was merely a status update, so to speak, and not what the game will actually look like, but merely an idea to get us on the right track?
    You're better at posting than I am.
    Game Freak never seemed to be good at graphics. Like the 3D cutscenes in DPPt, HGSS, and BW/2. They weren't that good, now they're trying it in the whole game... not sure how I should feel.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

No, it wont happen. All Pokemon have equal Accuracy and Evasion unless reduced or raised by moves. Making them stats wouldn't make sense, it would just make certain Pokemon pointless to use.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    It could potentially look slightly better, but don't count on it. It will look much better on the system itself, keep in mind the trailer they released is of a higher resolution than the 3DS' screens, so it's being stretched out. The edges of models are made more apparent by this. Watch the trailer on your 3DS for the closest representation possible.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It could potentially look slightly better, but don't count on it. It will look much better on the system itself, keep in mind the trailer they released is of a higher resolution than the 3DS' screens, so it's being stretched out. The edges of models are made more apparent by this. Watch the trailer on your 3DS for the closest representation possible.
    Speaking of which, is there a trailer I could watch somewhere other than on my 3DS Internet browser?

edit: Nevermind, found it on the e-Shop.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

No, it wont happen. All Pokemon have equal Accuracy and Evasion unless reduced or raised by moves. Making them stats wouldn't make sense, it would just make certain Pokemon pointless to use.
    That didn't stop them from making moves with varying degrees of accuracy. Why shouldn't it be the same with Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Speaking of which, is there a trailer I could watch somewhere other than on my 3DS Internet browser?

edit: Nevermind, found it on the e-Shop.
    I don't see a difference.

Since when have graphics ever mattered?
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

That didn't stop them from making moves with varying degrees of accuracy. Why shouldn't it be the same with Pokemon?
    That's completely different though. Those moves all have the same accuracy for every Pokemon, its equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Since when have graphics ever mattered?
    It matters to somebody.

Page 43 of 526 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast