Page 45 of 526 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    To be fair, rollerblades are way easier to animate in 3D in comparison to a bike. Not saying the bike is replaced, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. And it the terrain really shouldn't matter, because it's not like these rollerblades act like real rollerblades. If the designers need rollerblades to go up a mountain, they will do it.
    You're right, screw physics, the bike in previous games went UP stairs, so rollerblades could be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

Veneno Oscuridad - 80 Points
    A Fun Place!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    You're right, screw physics, the bike in previous games went UP stairs, so rollerblades could be possible.
    it also went in your bag at least roller blades are a bit more realistic in that regard lol

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I have this nagging feeling the rollerblades might not just be for navigating through the big Paris-like city. Could they be a possible replacement for the Bike? If so, that would put a HUGE restriction on its use; it's very difficult to ride rollerblades on grassy, sandy, and rocky terrain. I haven't seen any screenshot for the Bike yet, so I'm nervous the rollerblades are a new feature.
    This is why I think that those roller blades were really just Heelys, which will be the replacements for the Running Shoes that will activate in cities. They'll probably keep the bike or they could replace it for a new tire pokemon that can be ridden like a motorcycle.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    This is why I think that those roller blades were really just Heelys, which will be the replacements for the Running Shoes that will activate in cities. They'll probably keep the bike or they could replace it for a new tire pokemon that can be ridden like a motorcycle.
    Haha. Yea, I think that the roller blades are the new running shoes. From the trailer, they didn't seem as fast as the bike. Maybe your player could skate at a certain speed? But, I don't know. :/ I would totally love that

I agree but for me it was more because the BW graphics were almost a step back. Sure, they were animated but so blurry it took the fun out. however, XY sprites seem to be smoother

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    it would be awesome if you could ride your Pokemon and the speed was dependant on the Pokemon aswel so a Dodrio would run faster than a Torterra

Wait, I messed up. In the trailer when the male protagonist was going to Route 3, he was running correct? Then Running Shoes must still be there and the skates might be the new bike. Ugh, this is so confusing. What's going to take a hike?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wait, I messed up. In the trailer when the male protagonist was going to Route 3, he was running correct? Then Running Shoes must still be there and the skates might be the new bike. Ugh, this is so confusing. What's going to take a hike?
    Probably the bike. It would be difficult to animate (though I'm surprised they went with roller skates instead of a skateboard.) Although the bike could be back, although I'm not sure what for.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

I doubt he would have a bike or skates by route 3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Probably the bike. It would be difficult to animate (though I'm surprised they went with roller skates instead of a skateboard.) Although the bike could be back, although I'm not sure what for.
    I'm surprised as well. A skateboard seems better to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I doubt he would have a bike or skates by route 3 lol
    I know that. But, our player did receive the bike in Nimbasa City in BW which is right after Route 4, so it's not such a surprise.

I know that. But, our player did receive the bike in Nimbasa City in BW which is right after Route 4, so it's not such a surprise.
    That's because there were fewer routes in Unova. If the regional design this game is more like past games, Rt. 3 may not even be after the 1st gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Skates shouldn't replace the Bike.

If in game they make sure you know Biking in sand, long grass and swamps slow you down...

Skates are even worse for that, you can't skate in sand or grass well at all. any beaches with shallow walkable spots would be un skatable too
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Well, maybe skates, running shoes, and bikes are all customizable objects. It's already been pointed out that there is the possibility of character customization in the trailer video with the fact that the male protagonist is shown without his goggle type things, showing that they are not a part of the actual character model. With that level of character customization possible available, it would not seem that far off that they could make it so a player chooses if they want to currently be using running shoes, skates, a bike, etc. Ya know?
    I'm Erinaceous, nice to meet you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVzXDMRVV6c

If you tried to skate in sand or in a swamp wouldnt you just get stuck or trip over?

Om nom watermellon

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    If you tried to skate in sand or in a swamp wouldnt you just get stuck or trip over?
    Tell that to the bike aswell...for the swamp...

I'm excited about the fact that after the game comes out, we could get some interesting dlc or patches since the 3ds supports that. After we complete the game, we could be surprised with some extra dlc which would be a first for the series.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I'm excited about the fact that after the game comes out, we could get some interesting dlc or patches since the 3ds supports that. After we complete the game, we could be surprised with some extra dlc which would be a first for the series.

DLC sounds like a really good option, as long as its fair. I hope that Unova at least appears at DLC... I mean, maybe like a whole other post-game story :P

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    DLC sounds like a really good option, as long as its fair. I hope that Unova at least appears at DLC... I mean, maybe like a whole other post-game story :P
    They're not going to include entire regions as DLC, that's way too much. If they can fit that much more content in the games, they will. It's probably going to about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone, that's a more appropriate size for DLC.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

They need to nerf bullet punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I didn't even think of that. We could have a lot more possibilities now that we're capable of getting DLC since it's on the 3DS. I could see them making an area the size of the Sevii Islands, Sinnoh's Battle Zone, or possibly bigger, as DLC. They could even add areas where we can get legendaries from previous generations, instead of just having standard events.
    Soul Silver FC: 4985 9512 2698
    White FC: 2151 2719 6274

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerJJ2 View Post
    I didn't even think of that. We could have a lot more possibilities now that we're capable of getting DLC since it's on the 3DS. I could see them making an area the size of the Sevii Islands, Sinnoh's Battle Zone, or possibly bigger, as DLC. They could even add areas where we can get legendaries from previous generations, instead of just having standard events.
    That's what I was thinking too. You'd have access to completely new areas with Pokemon not seen anywhere else in the game, legendaries also not seen elsewhere, possibly some new features (maybe a Battle Frontier/PWT or Contest/Pokeathlon/Musical/PokeStar Studios type place), and even a mini storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. You'd have access to completely new areas with Pokemon not seen anywhere else in the game, legendaries also not seen elsewhere, possibly some new features (maybe a Battle Frontier/PWT or Contest/Pokeathlon/Musical/PokeStar Studios type place), and even a mini storyline.
    I hope they don't do this, mainly because the players without access to wifi out there get screwed over enough already. They can't use GTS, Random Matchup or the Dream World, they can't trade/battle with friends using FCs, and they can't download the wifi event pokemon that we take for granted. The last thing we need is to deprive them of huge chunks of the post-game.

If anything like that is unlockable, it should be a reward for defeating the elite four/getting all medals (if they return)/completing national dex etc...it shouldn't be dlc only.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I hope they don't do this, mainly because the players without access to wifi out there get screwed over enough already. They can't use GTS, Random Matchup or the Dream World, they can't trade/battle with friends using FCs, and they can't download the wifi event pokemon that we take for granted. The last thing we need is to deprive them of huge chunks of the post-game.

If anything like that is unlockable, it should be a reward for defeating the elite four/getting all medals (if they return)/completing national dex etc...it shouldn't be dlc only.

The fans of other games without wifi with DLC don't seem to cry over it...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    The fans of other games without wifi with DLC don't seem to cry over it...
    What may work for other games, may not work all to well for Pokemon. Sure it would be nice to have DLC, but the kinda style the pokemon series is (and how Gamefreak seems to operate) doesn't allow much room for it. Just because of new hardware/software they are not gonna limit players by cutting off areas without DLC. Sure, event items that open areas are one thing; at most you will miss is a extra legendary pokemon. With DLC one could be missing out on entire sections of the game. Besides, if Gamefreak are going to include a feature in the game, they will just add it or save it for later.

(That being said, who knows? I just merely find it unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

At this point there isn't a single person in the world without access to WiFi.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 45 of 526 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast