Page 46 of 526 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    At this point there isn't a single person in the world without access to WiFi.
    Um...precisely....I'm pretty sure if there is anybody who doesn't have wifi access, its because they re 7yo and there parents don't allow them to use the Wifi....so yeah...

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Well, there are people in Africa with no Wi-Fi

If you for some reason do not have wifi just head over to your nearest McDonald s
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. Neither I nor my roommate make enough money to afford to upgrade, especially after our bills.

Edit@^: The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 19th January 2013 at 9:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. I'd get those things for the DS that plug into your computer's USB port, but they don't make them anymore due to choking hazards for kids on the small parts.
    There are restaurants or stores with free WiFi. MY internet connection is really slow sometimes so I usually go to stores to download things anyways.

I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. I'd get those things for the DS that plug into your computer's USB port, but they don't make them anymore due to choking hazards for kids on the small parts.
    okay. But this doesn't mean or justify why gamefreak should make it easily accessible. IT ALREADY IS! There was time where I didn't have wifi, so....I would simply walk to the nearest starbucks, and get on random battles, gts, and more...
    Gamefreak has already made things simple enough.Anywhere with wifi can you enjoy these things too.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Read my edit, it further explains my predicament.

I COULD get to those types of places, if I made a day trip to the city for it. However, with the schedules of those who'd have to drive me there, it'd be virtually impossible to get to a wifi access point in time for such events, unless they stayed active for more than a month.
    Last edited by Paladin of Arceus; 19th January 2013 at 9:10 PM.

I'm really hoping the daycare is available early on in this one. The only gripe I had about White 2 was not being able to breed until after the Elite 4. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    I'm really hoping the daycare is available early on in this one. The only gripe I had about White 2 was not being able to breed until after the Elite 4. -.-
    I'm sure it will be, It was available early in Black and White.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quite ignorant to say that.

I hope ts like gen 3 with huge game play changes. Gen 4 did give the physical special split and gen 5 gave triple battles. But gen 3 revolutionized Pokemon battling.

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    Quite ignorant to say that.

I hope ts like gen 3 with huge game play changes. Gen 4 did give the physical special split and gen 5 gave triple battles. But gen 3 revolutionized Pokemon battling.
    What is there to change?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Guys, just to further on my previous post, dlc actually already exists in the pokemon world on the 3ds.

http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/dlc.shtml

Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity features dlc. I think it is highly likely that X and Y will get some dlc also.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    What is there to change?
    Theres always room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    Theres always room for improvement.
    That's like, totally true, well except by like.. Nostagolia Fags....

So, I wonder how the vine swing thingy works...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    That's like, totally true, well except by like.. Nostagolia Fags....

So, I wonder how the vine swing thingy works...
    Ahhh, come on. A better word than that one. D: I think you just just run towards it and your player swings automatically or you just move the control pad.

I just had the best idea ever. Hunting pokemon. I love hunting on runescape. It would be an awesome side thing. But then again that will give peta something to cry about. It doesn't even have to be hunting pokemon it could be like general animals.

Lightbulb

I got an idea. Instead of dlc, why not use the 3ds play coinc to buy extra content in-game?
    The King of Kalos returns to his Home:Honen #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by comic321 View Post
    I got an idea. Instead of dlc, why not use the 3ds play coinc to buy extra content in-game?
    Maybe they'll use both, plus wy would nintendo lose out on tons of money for something you can get for free. Nintendo isn't that

nice...

Maybe they'll use both, plus wy would nintendo lose out on tons of money for something you can get for free. Nintendo isn't that

nice...
    I geuss you're right. I just hope we get some cool post game stuff.
    Last edited by comic321; 19th January 2013 at 10:14 PM.
    The King of Kalos returns to his Home:Honen #AlphaSapphire

I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. Neither I nor my roommate make enough money to afford to upgrade, especially after our bills.

Edit@^: The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.
    Then buy a wireless router from your nearest electronics retailer for 30 bucks and you're set. Why would you think you'd have to go through your ISP and use one of their shitty pieces of hardware?

Quite frankly, Game Freak is not going to make the decision to forego Wi Fi events or DLC because there are three people in the world who bought the game and have no internet access.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Um...precisely....I'm pretty sure if there is anybody who doesn't have wifi access, its because they re 7yo and there parents don't allow them to use the Wifi....so yeah...
    Wow. Y'all are ignorant jerks. You really can't imagine a scenario where not every single human being in the world is privileged enough to have wireless internet on demand? I don't even have anything to add to that. It speaks for itself.

The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.
    As someone who recently upgraded ISPs only to find out my Nintendo Wifi USB Connector didn't work anymore, and has had hell trying to tweak my current service to WEP instead of WPA so my goddamn DS can actually function on wifi, mostly because neither Nintendo nor Orange (yeah I'm gonna name and shame them) give a crap about customer service and keep passing the buck to each other, I can really sympathise.

I'm not arguing against small amounts of DLC - I pretty much expect it, given Nintendo's fondness for wifi event legendaries and such. But to make massive parts of the postgame dlc only? No, I can't agree with that. If I buy the game I expect to be able to unlock and enjoy all of it, and I should not need an internet connection to do so.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bramblefire View Post
    What may work for other games, may not work all to well for Pokemon. Sure it would be nice to have DLC, but the kinda style the pokemon series is (and how Gamefreak seems to operate) doesn't allow much room for it. Just because of new hardware/software they are not gonna limit players by cutting off areas without DLC. Sure, event items that open areas are one thing; at most you will miss is a extra legendary pokemon. With DLC one could be missing out on entire sections of the game. Besides, if Gamefreak are going to include a feature in the game, they will just add it or save it for later.
    You don't really understand the concept of DLC, do you? DLC is bonus content that isn't in the game until downloading, you aren't missing anything technically. Everything that was meant to be in the game would be in from Day 1, DLC would just be an add on to extend the game's life.

Read my edit, it further explains my predicament.

I COULD get to those types of places, if I made a day trip to the city for it. However, with the schedules of those who'd have to drive me there, it'd be virtually impossible to get to a wifi access point in time for such events, unless they stayed active for more than a month.
    DLC is usually up forever, so that might not be an issue.

nice...
    Nintendo doesn't make the games, Game Freak does. And IIRC, Masuda is against the concept of paid DLC, so they wouldn't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nintendo doesn't make the games, Game Freak does. And IIRC, Masuda is against the concept of paid DLC, so they wouldn't do that.
    The DLC for Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is paid DLC and Pokemon Dream Radar is pretty close to being DLC for the BW2 games since the purpose is to transfer pokemon and items to the main games. At least it was cheap to purchase.

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    The DLC for Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is paid DLC and Pokemon Dream Radar is pretty close to being DLC for the BW2 games since the purpose is to transfer pokemon and items to the main games. At least it was cheap to purchase.
    Mystery Dungeon isn't made by Game Freak and Dream Radar is an app, not DLC.

Anyway, you guys seem to be missing the point of DLC. DLC is designed to enhance an already complete game with extra content, and usually long after its release date to extend the game's lifespan. DLC support does not inherently detract from the game's replay value, that's up to the developer, and Game Freak doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would be sleazy enough to go for Day 1 DLC of the kind of magnitude I was suggesting.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 19th January 2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Mystery Dungeon isn't made by Game Freak and Dream Radar is an app, not DLC.
    It's not made by Game Freak? Oh that does make a difference, though I would still fully expect some form of DLC. Dream Radar is an app yes, but it is extremely similar to paid DLC which is not possible yet for the current main games.

Page 46 of 526 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast