Page 476 of 526 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #11876
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Horde battles means you face 5 pokemon at once. With pokerus and power brace, you essentially get 50 evs minumum per horde battle. That means in 5 horde battles you are at 250 evs. What is point of using Poke training feature then? Horde battles are much faster.
    The super training is there for people who wish to see first hand where their EV's are going and visually track it down rather than having to open up a spread sheet and manually typing in each EV gain you made per battle. Both are options.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  2. #11877
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sealed Chamber
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    The super training is there for people who wish to see first hand where their EV's are going and visually track it down rather than having to open up a spread sheet and manually typing in each EV gain you made per battle. Both are options.
    True, but people complained about EV training because it took too long. That's why they put poketraining as a feature of the game in the first place. If horde battles are faster, most people will turn to them for ev training and not poke training, which defeats its main purpose.

  3. #11878
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The City by the Bay
    Posts
    454

    Default

    So then they'd have two fast ways to EV train. What's the big deal?

    Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

  4. #11879
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sealed Chamber
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    So then they'd have two fast ways to EV train. What's the big deal?
    If you saw the trailer from pokemon smash, Magneton gained +8 evs in defence after 5 min playing the mini game. Thats hardly efficient.

  5. #11880
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    If you saw the trailer from pokemon smash, Magneton gained +8 evs in defence after 5 min playing the mini game. Thats hardly efficient.
    Yet Horde Encounters are possible very rare, so they are unreliable.

  6. #11881
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    If you saw the trailer from pokemon smash, Magneton gained +8 evs in defence after 5 min playing the mini game. Thats hardly efficient.
    Actually, it's shorter than 5 mins. I think there were still more than 2 minutes left.
    As soon as you reach the score goal, time stops.

    Out of all the EV Training options available, Super Training could still be the most efficient way of training.
    Also, the fact that it focuses on a specific stat makes it the better.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  7. #11882
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sealed Chamber
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yet Horde Encounters are possible very rare, so they are unreliable.
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure encountering 5 geodudes and defeating them all will pokerus and power band will give 50 evs in less than 5 min. As opposed to 8 evs playing the magneton game for 5 min.

    This is why I believe EVs will no longer be gained from battles, only poke training.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Actually, it's shorter than 5 mins. I think there were still more than 2 minutes left.
    As soon as you reach the score goal, time stops.

    Out of all the EV Training options available, Super Training could still be the most efficient way of training.
    Also, the fact that it focuses on a specific stat makes it the better.
    again 8 evs versus 50 evs....

  8. #11883
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure encountering 5 geodudes and defeating them all will pokerus and power band will give 50 evs in less than 5 min. As opposed to 8 evs playing the magneton game for 5 min.

    This is why I believe EVs will no longer be gained from battles, only poke training.
    That is if you can even find one within 5 minutes.

    Also, the Hordes you find then are also unreliable, because, like, say you're hunting for a Gastly Horde, but when you eventually do find a horde, it ends up beinga Zubat Horde.

    Unreliable.

  9. #11884
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure encountering 5 geodudes and defeating them all will pokerus and power band will give 50 evs in less than 5 min. As opposed to 8 evs playing the magneton game for 5 min.

    This is why I believe EVs will no longer be gained from battles, only poke training.



    again 8 evs versus 50 evs....
    Maybe it's a trade off? Horde battles can yield more EV's per minute. However, you have to number crunch it yourself. While super training may take awhile longer, the results and EV's are shown to you easier?
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  10. #11885
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    again 8 evs versus 50 evs....
    Time spent in looking for a specific horde could have been spent in Super Training. Also one should considering the encounter rate of the Pokemon.
    But to each his own.

    I can tell that you'll stick to traditional methods.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  11. #11886
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    Yes, but I'm pretty sure encountering 5 geodudes and defeating them all will pokerus and power band will give 50 evs in less than 5 min. As opposed to 8 evs playing the magneton game for 5 min.
    Your theory relies too heavily on assumptions, estimates and requirements. You need Pokerus and a power brace for your theory to hold any weight to begin with, a lot of people probably wont have them.

  12. #11887
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    I wonder if PokeRus would affect Super Training? Hmm...

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  13. #11888
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    I wonder if PokeRus would affect Super Training? Hmm...
    I wouldn't think so since the amount of EV's you earn looks like it's earned through a points system. Though if it could, I'd guess it would double your score.

    What I wanna know about Super Training is if you can set the amount of EV's you want specifically? Or make it easier for you to get as many Ev's in a stat you need without going over. A nice addition to this would be for the ability to erase any EV's a pokemon has in case you want to start over again.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  14. #11889
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    I wouldn't think so since the amount of EV's you earn looks like it's earned through a points system. Though if it could, I'd guess it would double your score.

    What I wanna know about Super Training is if you can set the amount of EV's you want specifically? Or make it easier for you to get as many Ev's in a stat you need without going over. A nice addition to this would be for the ability to erase any EV's a pokemon has in case you want to start over again.
    If we can plant berries, then those EV lowering Berries will be the way.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  15. #11890
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The City by the Bay
    Posts
    454

    Default

    In the Polygon interview, they mentioned they are no longer using the original cries? Was this mentioned before?

    Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

  16. #11891
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    In the Polygon interview, they mentioned they are no longer using the original cries? Was this mentioned before?
    Yup. And some of them have already been heard.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  17. #11892
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    In the Polygon interview, they mentioned they are no longer using the original cries? Was this mentioned before?
    I think so. They do have updated cries. They're pretty much similar to their original ones but they have changed. Exeggutor's is creepy.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  18. #11893
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The City by the Bay
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yup. And some of them have already been heard.
    I must not have been paying attention. Will someone kindly direct me in the direction of the videos displaying the cries? (Besides Pikachu, I knew he was getting a new one.)

    Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

  19. #11894
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    If we can plant berries, then those EV lowering Berries will be the way.
    If that were the case, then I'd want those berries to be pretty easy to obtain; whereas in B2/W2, you could only have access to 3/6 of those berries even if you maxed out the rank of the flower shop in your Join Avenue.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  20. #11895
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    We're assuming hoard battles are easily encountered and are a common occurrence. We can't say for sure how effective they are when we don't know encounter rates or any of that stuff. Also, if I recall there was a method to have your Pokemon EV train while you're doing something else right?
    #BuyUltraviolance

  21. #11896
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    I must not have been paying attention. Will someone kindly direct me in the direction of the videos displaying the cries? (Besides Pikachu, I knew he was getting a new one.)
    Bulbasaur's, Charmander's, and Squirtle's remastered cries can be heard here. (As well as Pikachu's, just for the sake of it.)

    Crobat's and Mewtwo's can be heard here.

    And Exeggutor's can be heard here.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #11897
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Hoenn coastlinei on Lapras
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    We're assuming hoard battles are easily encountered and are a common occurrence. We can't say for sure how effective they are when we don't know encounter rates or any of that stuff. Also, if I recall there was a method to have your Pokemon EV train while you're doing something else right?
    I believe your talking about at the end is Super Training. Its basically a bunch of mini games that rewards you with EV's.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

    Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

  23. #11898
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    I think Super Training is great for EV training the Pokémon right from the minute it was hatched or caught. My Pokémon now will just get Max EVs and I can level them up without gaining unnecessary EVs.

  24. #11899
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    If that were the case, then I'd want those berries to be pretty easy to obtain; whereas in B2/W2, you could only have access to 3/6 of those berries even if you maxed out the rank of the flower shop in your Join Avenue.
    Ugh, that was horrible.

    I hope we get access to all Berries in some way (excluding the RS E-Reader Berries, they were useless).

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    We're assuming hoard battles are easily encountered and are a common occurrence. We can't say for sure how effective they are when we don't know encounter rates or any of that stuff. Also, if I recall there was a method to have your Pokemon EV train while you're doing something else right?
    Isn't regidude the only one assuming this, though?

    As I haven't seen anybody else assuming this, honestly.

    Yeah, that EV Training method is Super atraining, where you play Mini-Games to increase EV.

  25. #11900
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The City by the Bay
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Bulbasaur's, Charmander's, and Squirtle's remastered cries can be heard here. (As well as Pikachu's, just for the sake of it.)

    Crobat's and Mewtwo's can be heard here.

    And Exeggutor's can be heard here.
    Well now I feel extra stupid, because I had already watched all of those videos.

    Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Page 476 of 526 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •