Page 49 of 526 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    True.

They could make it as a hidden ability for one specific Pokemon, via Hidden Grotto, Dream Radar or Dream World (if these features return).
    For DW, it could require a lot of Dream Points; for Dream Radar, it would require a lot of Dream Orbs.

Or, disregard all of these ideas and just increase the chance of obtaining Pokerus.
    I'd say just increase the chances a bit as you said. Simplifies things for the general user.

Personally, I view Shinies as more valuable than Pokerus. Sure, Pokerus may be more useful in-game but Shinies are a far more valuable trophy. Then again, opinions...

That being said, the encounter rate for Shinies / Pokerus should never fall too low (below 1/500 or 1/1000 for example), else they'll lose their exclusivity.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    Personally, I view Shinies as more valuable than Pokerus. Sure, Pokerus may be more useful in-game but Shinies are a far more valuable trophy. Then again, opinions...

That being said, the encounter rate for Shinies / Pokerus should never fall too low (below 1/500 or 1/1000 for example), else they'll lose their exclusivity.
    I diagree because shinies tend to be just that: a trophy. Some shiny formes are really cool like Haxorus or Charizard, but most of the time you will never use them as the chances you'll get one with a decent nature, right ability and the actual species you like is so much smaller than 1/8192. They're kinda like legendaries, for me at least.
    Pokerus on the other hand is potentially useful for training, mainly because you can spread the condition to pokemon you want to use and meaning you can EV train a pokemon from 0-252 in 18-27 battles(as low as 11 with vitamins).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I diagree because shinies tend to be just that: a trophy. Some shiny formes are really cool like Haxorus or Charizard, but most of the time you will never use them as the chances you'll get one with a decent nature, right ability and the actual species you like is so much smaller than 1/8192. They're kinda like legendaries, for me at least.
    Pokerus on the other hand is potentially useful for training, mainly because you can spread the condition to pokemon you want to use and meaning you can EV train a pokemon from 0-252 in 18-27 battles(as low as 11 with vitamins).
    You don't necessarily need a shiny Pokemon with the perfect Nature or IV spread, just don't use it competitively.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You don't necessarily need a shiny Pokemon with the perfect Nature or IV spread, just don't use it competitively.
    I still care about natures, even for me in-game teams as the extra 10% does make the difference in the end. Besides, for competitive I only battle on simulators as I don't see the point of using hours per pokemon when you can do it in 2 minutes on PO. That and there's only about 8-15 pokemon in any given regional dex that I'd actually like to use so even if I encounter a shiny it probably won't be one I want, and even less likely to be one of the 6 I plan on using.

I wish there were a new ability introduced.
    Sort of like how Drought, and Sandstream are, except a Trick Room variant of one.
    As long as the pokemon is out in play, "the dimensions have changed" is in effect??
    Idk I would like it.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Sort of like how Drought, and Sandstream are, except a Trick Room variant of one.
    As long as the pokemon is out in play, "the dimensions have changed" is in effect??
    Idk I would like it.
    I like the description. But, I'd hate to battle against that Pokemon competitively. D:

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Idk I would like it.
    I think that'd be a bit broken. While weather can be countered by with other weathers or otherwise played around, Trick Room can only be reversed by another Trick Room or the timer running out(which I assume won't happen with this ability) and it's also reversing speed changes the game so much. Suddenly are the glass cannons like Infernape are turned into Camerupt and slow tanks like Snorlax are turned into Arceus with only a single obscure way of countering it. It could be balanced if the Trick Room runs out after 8 turns of the pokemon not being on the field and it's given to something very mediocre like Chimecho.

I apologize if its already been said but, with the new 3D colosseumesque battles I really hope that there is an option for gym and league battles where you can have a colsseumesque announcer. In all honesty that was my favorite part of Battle Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    I apologize if its already been said but, with the new 3D colosseumesque battles I really hope that there is an option for gym and league battles where you can have a colsseumesque announcer. In all honesty that was my favorite part of Battle Revolution.
    Oh my Arceus I would totally love that. Some people don't like it, so they turn the announcer off. But, I love it. I hope it happens, but I somewhat doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Oh my Arceus I would totally love that. Some people don't like it, so they turn the announcer off. But, I love it. I hope it happens, but I somewhat doubt it.
    I wouldn't count on that myself. All those battles are strictly one on one, there isn't even anyone else in the room.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think that'd be a bit broken. While weather can be countered by with other weathers or otherwise played around, Trick Room can only be reversed by another Trick Room or the timer running out(which I assume won't happen with this ability) and it's also reversing speed changes the game so much. Suddenly are the glass cannons like Infernape are turned into Camerupt and slow tanks like Snorlax are turned into Arceus with only a single obscure way of countering it. It could be balanced if the Trick Room runs out after 8 turns of the pokemon not being on the field and it's given to something very mediocre like Chimecho.
    You make a valid point indeed. And with the info you've provided I think id much rather not have an ability like that even exist. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I'm guessing they'd give us access to an observation deck, since it'd be a waste not to let gamers admire nice scenery and push the boundaries of the new graphics. I do hope they weave it into the storyline though, and not just a one-off landmark that has no real significance whatsoever.
    I think it would be neat! To see all of Franova (my take on the name of the region) from that tower would definatley be cool!
    I hope gen 6 allows in-game photo taking, just for fun or maybe as a side-mini game type thing.
    With breathe taking graphics, Snapshots of scenary or landmarks/buildings seems like it would make a benneficial addition to these games. Photo's would uploadeable via Wifi, they can be viewed and shared with friends and poké-fans alike. I can imagine a game becoming of this idea. Imagine a group of 4 friends having to go on a photo hunt. Objective: Take pictures of specific pokemon, scenaries, buildings and landmarks. The player who collects the most photo's of the listed "subjects" wins.
    Idk just a thought. Plus photo taking is already part of the Pokémon World<3

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

So, I may have missed this already but is this game exclusive to the 3DS? Like my old DS won't be able to play it?
    Pokemon Black FC - 0476 1815 2250

I have an Arcanine and a Latias fully EV trained. Make me an offer.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Multiple Roundz

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
    So, I may have missed this already but is this game exclusive to the 3DS? Like my old DS won't be able to play it?
    That is correct..personally i don't mind because i have a 3DS (I was thinking of getting a 3DS XL)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    That is correct..personally i don't mind because i have a 3DS (I was thinking of getting a 3DS XL)
    That's kind of a bummer for me. I was hoping to avoid having to dish out cash for a DS that I was going to play probably 2 too 3 pokemon games on. Oh well. I'm hoping the new online battling system will be revamped. I didn't like the fact I could only battle lvl 50's with random players.

That's kind of a bummer for me. I was hoping to avoid having to dish out cash for a DS that I was going to play probably 2 too 3 pokemon games on. Oh well. I'm hoping the new online battling system will be revamped. I didn't like the fact I could only battle lvl 50's with random players.
    There are loads of different 3DS Games you could get: Kid Icures Uprising,Sonic Generation.The Remake of Orcinea of Time,Luigi's Manshion 2 when it comes out,Mario Kart 7 and even Paper Mario Sticker Star..there are loads of reasons to buy a 3DS..

I know this may seem a stupid idea but for the Big Minigame (Like Contests and Musicals) how about there was a Pokemon board game like the game Risk and it would use the RTS Formula in the game..that could be cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    There are loads of different 3DS Games you could get: Kid Icures Uprising,Sonic Generation.The Remake of Orcinea of Time,Luigi's Manshion 2 when it comes out,Mario Kart 7 and even Paper Mario Sticker Star..there are loads of reasons to buy a 3DS..
    You're probably right about this games but I only bought the DS to play the pokemon games and will probably do so with the new 3DS. Thank you for your time in listing those games, much appreciation.

One thing I hope this game has is the ability to have players from different 3D's in your world in a 3D world and you can battle them in the wild kind of how the show is. That has always been a dream of mine, type of MMOish, not sure if they can do that just yet but it's still a dream of mine.

most of the time you will never use them as the chances you'll get one with a decent nature, right ability and the actual species you like is so much smaller than 1/8192.
    Well you can use the Synchronize ability to influence Nature, but yeah it's not 100%......

Considering they make Everstone trick works 100% of the time in B2/W2, I wonder if in X/Y they'll make the Synchronize trick works 100% of the time.

It's annoying when my Synchronizer didn't work, I was lucky I got Hasty on my Shiny Kyurem (my Synchronizer is Naive, Hasty & Naive are basically the same thing anyway so it doesn't really matter)

You're probably right about this games but I only bought the DS to play the pokemon games and will probably do so with the new 3DS. Thank you for your time in listing those games, much appreciation.
    Exactly the same as me lol

I buy DS only to play Pokemon games. In fact, because of that, I choose to buy only Pokemon Special Edition DS, since I only use them for Pokemon games anyway.

So now I'm hoping within this 9 months we'll get a Pokemon Special Edition 3DS that gets released outside Japan/Europe........

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I buy DS only to play Pokemon games. In fact, because of that, I choose to buy only Pokemon Special Edition DS, since I only use them for Pokemon games anyway.
    That's a good point. Maybe, I will do the same.

Masuda posted a new entry on his blog recently. You can read it here: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

I am particularly curious about this one:
    "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Higher friendship nets you more EXP perhaps?

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

That part of his blog (the mechanism) sounds intriguing personally. I hope it's what Wulava mentioned in his post.

For Streetpass, I like to see an implementation where you can put up one of your Pokemon and trade it to others who have Streetpass on. As for Spotpass, maybe you can recieve items daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Masuda posted a new entry on his blog recently. You can read it here: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

I am particularly curious about this one:
    "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Higher friendship nets you more EXP perhaps?
    This was actually referenced in the trailer by the narrator. So, I'm guessing it is something big. Also this,
    A story and music that can be enjoyed by all.
    I'm expecting a deeper story than bw's. That would be very nice.

Masuda always describes Pokemon as much bigger than a game, like as if Pokemon has some grand mission to improve the world and bring people together. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside to be part of this :P

Man... They will probably make the music for the new games with real instruments (aka orchestrated). That sucks.

Regarding the new battle mechanism, I think it will be like the links in Pokémon Conquest. That was an awesome feature by the way.

Page 49 of 526 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast