Page 51 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    New differences? What do you mean by that? You mean the cries?
    Improve the cries and make the attacks much more flashy and cool..also add a parry system

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I thought about it, they don't all have to say their names, they could be a Pokemon like Entei and roar. That would be cool. But, yea I doubt it as well. xD
    Yes, that's what I said at first (say their names/growl/etc... so yeah, road includes too, my bad). ^^ I mean, we can't have a Mewtwo saying "Mewtwo!" right?!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Improve the cries and make the attacks much more flashy and cool..also add a parry system
    Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant that they would have difference cries than from the games, because that's Stadium and Stadium 2. But, I'd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Yes, that's what I said at first (say their names/growl/etc... so yeah, road includes too, my bad). ^^ I mean, we can't have a Mewtwo saying "Mewtwo!" right?!
    Yea, that wouldn't sit down with me right. xD

I'm exited about this new mechanic this could be the biggest change battle wise since abilities were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Let me ask you guys... what would you prefer:

A: Pokémon's cries are the same as always?
    B: Older Pokémon gets updated cries, and newer stays the same?
    C: Pokémon now say their name/growls/etc, like in the anime?

At least, I think this should be in the Gameplay part... sorry if it shouldn't. D:
    Update the ones from 1st gen that sound the same (Charizard and Rhyhorn, Machop and Omanyte, Machamp and Slowbro, etc.), but leave the rest alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    ..also add a parry system
    Eh. I like the idea, but 1) I don't see it being pulled off too well. I mean what would it be, a quick time event? 2) It would make battles, both online and in-game, VERY cheap and annoying. There's always gonna be that player or CPU who's mastered the parry system, making them absurdly powerful.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, It's just that I can't see it being added to the Pokemon formula without making battles unbalanced and poorly done.
    Or they just make it a luck factor and when it does occur, it simply reduces damage taken.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I haven't scanned all 62 pages of this thread. :P

I wonder what the future of shinies will be? (Shinies are pokemon of a different color in case anyone is confused)

In a way, shinies are not as rare as they were during the original Gold/ Silver release. Shinies have been given away in-game, though special wi-fi events, pokeradar chaining to hunt shinies and so on. Breeding pokemon from different regions also increases the chances of baby shinies.

So I wonder if shinies could become more common in XY, or bring back pokeradar hunting to more easily get shinies. I understand that shinies should be rare, but to get certain shinies requires a HUGE number of SFs (Soft resets) unless you are very lucky. In the past I would SF to get a female starter, but never tried for a shiny. I caught a shiny by sheer luck in Emerald.

My other shiny question is from a statement I read on the forums: someone said that since it's harder (or impossible) to "hack" a 3DS, would this mean having to get very lucky to find the shiny forms of XY pokemon? I am not sure if that statement is true, as I know nothing on how the previous games were "hacked" to find special event pokemon and so on.

I'm pretty sure shinies are here to stay for the upcoming generation. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch/ hatch/ SF one.

Do you think that Pokemon will be Nintendo Network Compatible like Fire Emblem Awakening?? Transferring pokemon between games of gen VI would be easier and also we wouldn't need Friend Codes. Nintendo Network was made to erase the need of using Friend Codes.
    Last edited by confuser987; 21st January 2013 at 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade girl View Post
    Sorry if this has already been brought up, I haven't scanned all 62 pages of this thread. :P

I wonder what the future of shinies will be? (Shinies are pokemon of a different color in case anyone is confused)

In a way, shinies are not as rare as they were during the original Gold/ Silver release. Shinies have been given away in-game, though special wi-fi events, pokeradar chaining to hunt shinies and so on. Breeding pokemon from different regions also increases the chances of baby shinies.

So I wonder if shinies could become more common in XY, or bring back pokeradar hunting to more easily get shinies. I understand that shinies should be rare, but to get certain shinies requires a HUGE number of SFs (Soft resets) unless you are very lucky. In the past I would SF to get a female starter, but never tried for a shiny. I caught a shiny by sheer luck in Emerald.

My other shiny question is from a statement I read on the forums: someone said that since it's harder (or impossible) to "hack" a 3DS, would this mean having to get very lucky to find the shiny forms of XY pokemon? I am not sure if that statement is true, as I know nothing on how the previous games were "hacked" to find special event pokemon and so on.

I'm pretty sure shinies are here to stay for the upcoming generation. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch/ hatch/ SF one.
    Well considering that in B2/W2 there was an item you could get to make finding shinies easier, I think they'll just stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do you think that Pokemon will be Nintendo Network Compatible like Fire Emblem Awakening?? Transferring pokemon between games of gen VI would be easier and also we wouldn't need Friend Codes. Nintendo Network was made to erase the need of using Friend Codes.
    I am sure that Pokemon X and Y will be Nintendo Network Compatible

I believe that a dodge system would be a nice addition to the games. I have always hated it when you are facing a very powerful pokemon and you have to sit there while they defeat your pokemon. And to make it harder, you would have to dodge at the right moment and if you dodged too much, your pokemon would become exhausted and wouldn't dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    I believe that a dodge system would be a nice addition to the games. I have always hated it when you are facing a very powerful pokemon and you have to sit there while they defeat your pokemon. And to make it harder, you would have to dodge at the right moment and if you dodged too much, your pokemon would become exhausted and wouldn't dodge.
    That would make the games too hard, your opponent (mostly online) could get the hang of it and dodge every move while you don't get in one hit. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    Nooooo way. If your Pokemon are too weak to stand up to an enemy, then you should just train them or devise better strategies. Hard work and playing smart should be rewarded.

I still like my idea (leveling up attacks the more they're used to make them stronger and more accurate). Although they could add a 'defend' option to the battle system, so that you take less damage (and maybe have a higher rate of avoiding an attack), but it would take up your turn; that way, you can't win just by parrying/dodging, and are forced to attack. It wouldn't be all that cheap, as it wouldn't really be something you could master... or maybe you could, but it wouldn't make you victorious in battle anyway, since just blocking and dodging attacks wouldn't do much of anything (unless you can somehow wear out a pokemon the more times he uses attacks now, which would kind of suck, but would be more realistic, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    I still like my idea (leveling up attacks the more they're used to make them stronger and more accurate). Although they could add a 'defend' option to the battle system, so that you take less damage (and maybe have a higher rate of avoiding an attack), but it would take up your turn; that way, you can't win just by parrying/dodging, and are forced to attack. It wouldn't be all that cheap, as it wouldn't really be something you could master... or maybe you could, but it wouldn't make you victorious in battle anyway, since just blocking and dodging attacks wouldn't do much of anything (unless you can somehow wear out a pokemon the more times he uses attacks now, which would kind of suck, but would be more realistic, I suppose).
    I feel as if that's the best way for dodging to be added into the games. I personally wanted it more when I was little because how how many times trainers in the anime would command their pokemon to "dodge it!" and I felt like it was unfair that I couldn't say that to my pokemon.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Leveling up attacks. The power of the moves depend on the Pokemon's stats, and your opponent. There are items and moves that enhance and reduce stats. That's how you level up your Pokemon's attacks.

Defend option. There are reasons why defensive moves (such as Bulk Up, Protect, Iron Defense, Defend Order, etc.) and evasive moves (Double Team,Minimze, etc...) exist.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

"Defend" the way you describe it is essentially Iron Defense or Amnesia or going further Protect/Detect. It's already in the game.

Masuda said in his blog that there would be, "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger." I'm curious as to how that would be implemented.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Masuda said in his blog that there would be, "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger." I'm curious as to how that would be implemented.
    I just read that. I just hope this new battle mechanism doesn't prevent backwards compatibility, sorta how natures and stuff broke the ties with Gen 2 and Gen 3.

My favorites team:

I noticed the character in front of a mirror which could possibly mean you can put the character in clothes also is it me or does the character look like the bw and bw2 characters seriously gamefreak is obsessed with that look

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    "Defend" the way you describe it is essentially Iron Defense or Amnesia or going further Protect/Detect. It's already in the game.

Well that's why I said that stuff about leveling up attacks; the more you battle, the better your pokemons' moves get, and not just by getting different stronger attacks, but by making the attacks themselves more accurate or powerful or maybe even increasing PP. Like, Ember has a base power of 40 and 25 PP, but after using it 100 times, maybe its base power would rise to 45, and it would gain 5 PP. It could go up five levels or so, maxing out at a power of 65 and 40 PP (gaining 5 PP every odd level), and would be hard, if not impossible, to be avoided. Stronger attacks, like Hyper Beam, may only gain accuracy as they level up, but could gain power too, I suppose, even if it's slight.

This would make the Defend option work, too; if you have a pokemon with a level 5 Ember attack that will hit no matter what, having your pokemon brace itself for a hit and take maybe 3/4 or 1/2 damage instead of a full-on hit would help keep it alive for a while. And moves like Iron Defense or Amnesia would add to their defense, making the damage they take from a defended-against hit be dropped to 1/2 or 1/3 full damage. Protect and Detect would still serve a purpose of making the pokemon block an attack completely without taking any damage at all, but having the option to command your pokemon to defend/dodge as their turn move would add a whole new level of strategy to the game (or just make battles go on for an excessively long time).

With that dodge option I could toxic you and switch between protect and dodge and stall you all day long. It would balance the game from offense towards defense but I don't like it. It would just make battles impossibly long
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Well that's why I said that stuff about leveling up attacks; the more you battle, the better your pokemons' moves get, and not just by getting different stronger attacks, but by making the attacks themselves more accurate or powerful or maybe even increasing PP. Like, Ember has a base power of 40 and 25 PP, but after using it 100 times, maybe its base power would rise to 45, and it would gain 5 PP. It could go up five levels or so, maxing out at a power of 65 and 40 PP (gaining 5 PP every odd level), and would be hard, if not impossible, to be avoided. Stronger attacks, like Hyper Beam, may only gain accuracy as they level up, but could gain power too, I suppose, even if it's slight.

This would make the Defend option work, too; if you have a pokemon with a level 5 Ember attack that will hit no matter what, having your pokemon brace itself for a hit and take maybe 3/4 or 1/2 damage instead of a full-on hit would help keep it alive for a while. And moves like Iron Defense or Amnesia would add to their defense, making the damage they take from a defended-against hit be dropped to 1/2 or 1/3 full damage. Protect and Detect would still serve a purpose of making the pokemon block an attack completely without taking any damage at all, but having the option to command your pokemon to defend/dodge as their turn move would add a whole new level of strategy to the game (or just make battles go on for an excessively long time).
    But see, Ember 'evolving' wouldn't really work since the line practically goes Ember->Flamethrower->Fire Blast->(for Starters) Blast Burn. That's practically leveling up. While it is a possible idea, one I think would be cool, it could potentially 'break the game.' Imagine going to a Fire-type gym for example. You would have a Pokémon that is x2 weak to Fire but has great Def and Sp.Def. You see the GL is going to use Flamethrower and you figure 'ok, I can handle it [insert Pokémon here] has great Sp.Def, it'll pull through' but then it turns out to be a Lvl.10 Flamethrower and your maxed out Sp.Def is absolutely useless.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    With that dodge option I could toxic you and switch between protect and dodge and stall you all day long. It would balance the game from offense towards defense but I don't like it. It would just make battles impossibly long
    But 'dodge' (which I think would just be 'Defend') wouldn't necessarily always make an attack miss; it would raise the chance of the pokemon avoiding the attack, but it'd cause them to just take less damage 80% of the time (maybe more than that; the other ~20% would be dodging/avoiding attacks). So you could poison the enemy and then keep on defending, but the enemy could keep attacking and whittle you down slowly, getting you ready for the next pokemon to finish you off. It isn't perfect, but I'm not Game Freak; if they implemented it, I'm sure they'd do a better job than how I explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But see, Ember 'evolving' wouldn't really work since the line practically goes Ember->Flamethrower->Fire Blast->(for Starters) Blast Burn. That's practically leveling up. While it is a possible idea, one I think would be cool, it could potentially 'break the game.' Imagine going to a Fire-type gym for example. You would have a Pokémon that is x2 weak to Fire but has great Def and Sp.Def. You see the GL is going to use Flamethrower and you figure 'ok, I can handle it [insert Pokémon here] has great Sp.Def, it'll pull through' but then it turns out to be a Lvl.10 Flamethrower and your maxed out Sp.Def is absolutely useless.
    Well the fix for that is either not letting the in-game trainers level their pokemons' moves, or level them based on your pokemons' move levels somehow. And every move would have level caps; otherwise you could theoretically make any move a OHKO. I imagine that weaker moves like Ember would be able to go up a max of five levels, while mid-level attacks like Flamethrower could go up to three... or maybe every attack goes up to five, but mid-level and high-level attacks like Fire Blast would only increase in their accuracy after a few levels or something like that. Like I said above, I'm not Game Freak, and if they implement something like this, they'd do a better job of it than how I'm explaining it.

I just think it'd make sense; take the idea of 'practice makes perfect' and put it into pokemon, so the more a pokemon uses a technique, the more proficient it becomes at using it. And they only use techniques that their trainers tell them to use, which brings up the idea of the bond between trainer and pokemon having to do with the new mechanic. The only other thing I can think of is something to do with the Happiness stat, but who knows what that could be? Stat/EV boosts if a pokemon is happy? I have no idea, but that seems foolish, like something they could've implemented back in Gen 4 or 3. I figure that if they're mentioning it now, it'll be something groundbreaking, not something related to an invisible stat.

Or it could be a total curveball, and they're gonna make attacks dual-typed, or triple-typed pokemon, which would be the stupidest thing ever. No one can really say at this point...

I could maybe see the move level thing working. But I would say higher power attacks being nerfed at low levels. So when you first learn an attack say Flamethrower, it has 90 att and 90 acc. Then at level 3 is the flamethrower we know now (95/100) and level 5 with a slight power boost. This would make more sense since it's demonstate a pokemon not knowing the move so well when it first learns it. - I'm thinking like giving someone who's never fired a bow and arrow a shot, they'll likely miss their target and now be able to shoot so far, whereas an expert would give a superior shot.

On the dual type attacks / triple type pokemon note, I would imagine that'd need the standard doubly super-effective moves being nerfed to x3 and a triple effective move being x4. Cause a x8 bonus is pretty ridiculous.

You can probably transfer from 5th gen

Page 51 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast