Page 525 of 526 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526 LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,125 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.

I would have liked HP to keep 70 power, though I suppose Technician users get a niche now without having to sacrifice IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What more did he say??!

But really, did HP need the nerf?
    To me not really but I question how many of these Pokemon needed megas so clearly Gamefreak has some odd mindset about what to nerf and what to buff...

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Are Power-Up-Punch and Glow Punch the same attack?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I don't know what Glow Punch is, but Power Punch does damage and raises the users Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Yes, they're the english & japanese names

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Yes, they're the english & japanese names
    They are? Wow.. Well.. It's a decent move regardless.. A physical Charge Beam one could say.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

If no one posted this already, Viola gives away TM83: Infestation to the Trainers who are successful in defeating her in a Gym battle at Santalune Gym. It's essentially a Bug-type equivalent of the likes of Fire Spin or Whirlpool, where a target is trapped and takes damage each turn until the trapping move is over. (When I watched the early gameplay video, it was down to her Vivillon vs. her challenger's Pidgey after Pidgey defeated her lead-off Surskit. Vivillon's Infestations damaged Pidgey over and over, but not enough to exhaust the challenger's Potion supply. And attention Fire-type users, be wary that Surskit carries Water Sport.)
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

Quote Originally Posted by pika250 View Post
    If no one posted this already, Viola gives away TM83: Infestation to the Trainers who are successful in defeating her in a Gym battle at Santalune Gym. It's essentially a Bug-type equivalent of the likes of Fire Spin or Whirlpool, where a target is trapped and takes damage each turn until the trapping move is over. (When I watched the early gameplay video, it was down to her Vivillon vs. her challenger's Pidgey after Pidgey defeated her lead-off Surskit. Vivillon's Infestations damaged Pidgey over and over, but not enough to exhaust the challenger's Potion supply. And attention Fire-type users, be wary that Surskit carries Water Sport.)
    Use spoiler tags next time, please.
    Under Construction

I've heard there's a new weather type, something electrical, I think. Is that true, and if so, what are its effects? Do we know for sure?
    Looking for these female Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities. I have dozens of DWFs on offer. PM me if you want to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bundalings View Post
    I've heard there's a new weather type, something electrical, I think. Is that true, and if so, what are its effects? Do we know for sure?
    The move is called Magnetic Field, and all we know so far is that it powers up Electric type moves.
    Under Construction

All these new moves are so interesting. I can't wait to see which Pokemon learn what.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I really should've pre-ordered the strategy guide for the sake of all the new moves/abilities/Megas etc. Anybody know how much they are anymore? Hopefully no more than $20?
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.
    So basically every Pokemon can have its max stats due to super training?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I really should've pre-ordered the strategy guide for the sake of all the new moves/abilities/Megas etc. Anybody know how much they are anymore? Hopefully no more than $20?
    I dunno what country you're in but I'm in the US and it's like $13 on Amazon. But it doesn't release here until October 22, and by then I imagine all of that will have been figured out by players anyhow.

With the Hidden Power nerf, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerf and the weather nerf, it looks like a tough generation for special attackers…

I was planning on using a drought team with charizard, a rain team with politoed, a sandstorm team with tyranitar and a hail team with abomasnow, but that's not happening now.
    I have breed and prepared a team of 6 Blissey at Lv 100, all with Healing Wish as their only move in hopes that the Secret Base mechanics stays the same as in RSE. If so, then it would be a great place to EV train HP and an even better place to gain exp for your team.

Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon Y: 4570-7229-7578
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon X: 0104-0371-0173

The 3DS with Pokémon Y is my main game! Please add both, but if you'd prefer to only add one, please add Pokémon Y.

My Pokémon Y FS is Poison with Garbodor, Drapion and Kakuna.
    My Pokémon X FS is Psychic with Munna, Wobbuffet and Duosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    With the Hidden Power nerf, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerf and the weather nerf, it looks like a tough generation for special attackers…

I was planning on using a drought team with charizard, a rain team with politoed, a sandstorm team with tyranitar and a hail team with abomasnow, but that's not happening now.
    Say what now? What did they nerf? Power? Accuracy? Status chance?

Hidden Power's fixed power is really only a nerf in, like, simulator play.
    Otherwise you needed specific IV manipulation to get that 70 BP hidden power of the type you wanted which is just awwwwfffulllllll anywhere outside a sim

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Say what now? What did they nerf? Power? Accuracy? Status chance?
    Hidden Power is now always 60 BP, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard keeps their respective Accuracy, but their base power is now 110. Weather inducing abilities like Drought, Sand Stream, etc. now only makes the weather like Sunny Day, Sandstorm, etc. would, meaning that the weather only last for five turns…
    I have breed and prepared a team of 6 Blissey at Lv 100, all with Healing Wish as their only move in hopes that the Secret Base mechanics stays the same as in RSE. If so, then it would be a great place to EV train HP and an even better place to gain exp for your team.

Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon Y: 4570-7229-7578
    Nintendo 3DS friend-code for Pokémon X: 0104-0371-0173

The 3DS with Pokémon Y is my main game! Please add both, but if you'd prefer to only add one, please add Pokémon Y.

My Pokémon Y FS is Poison with Garbodor, Drapion and Kakuna.
    My Pokémon X FS is Psychic with Munna, Wobbuffet and Duosion.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but was there any news of StreetPass or SpotPass features?
    Quote Originally Posted by croninp2 View Post
    6 Magikarps are back. Pre-order cancelled.
    Yes, I'm a purdy boy

I don't really understand why they felt special attacks needed a nerf when as far as I'm aware, the majority of the popular Pokemon were physical attackers.

Hidden Power is now always 60 BP, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard keeps their respective Accuracy, but their base power is now 110. Weather inducing abilities like Drought, Sand Stream, etc. now only makes the weather like Sunny Day, Sandstorm, etc. would, meaning that the weather only last for five turns…
    Why the Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerfs? Now there's absolutely no reason to use them over Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. The risk isn't worth the reward anymore. The HP and weather nerfs are pretty lame too, but I'm kind of glad that the weather teams won't dominate as much anymore.

So Greninja's Mat Block apparently is the opposite of Crafty Shield, and blocks all damaging moves, but not status moves.

Sounds like it'll be a real asset on doubles/triples teams.

This is yet another example of a move that probably won't make any sense to most US players though. Pretty sure the Japanese name is going to be "Tatami gaeshi", which is a ninja technique that involves flipping up tatami mats around oneself for protection (Usually from arrows or shuriken). Wonder if they'll let Ninjask and Accelgor use it, too.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 10th October 2013 at 9:41 AM.

We all know that the EXP-Share gives the pokémon which fights 100% EXP, while the other ones get 50% EXP.
    So my question is, would it be clever to ALWAYS use the EXP-Share? It has no negative side, right?

I mean, what's the point of NOT using the EXP-Share?

You know, one of the people who said that weather got nerfed who nobody believed also said that Stealth Rock got nerfed as well, right?
    It has been calculated that it stays the same, at least for now.

So, has anybody mentioned this NPC comment regarding Hidden Abilities?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gold View Post
    We all know that the EXP-Share gives the pokémon which fights 100% EXP, while the other ones get 50% EXP.
    So my question is, would it be clever to ALWAYS use the EXP-Share? It has no negative side, right?

I mean, what's the point of NOT using the EXP-Share?
    It can screw up EV training if EV is shared like it was previously. That's literally it.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I would have liked HP to keep 70 power, though I suppose Technician users get a niche now without having to sacrifice IVs.
    Wow that would be awesome! anymore details about the super training like is there any truth to the rumoured ev-reducing feature?

Also begin to feel like a broken record here here...
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

Page 525 of 526 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526 LastLast